Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028771 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
rka2:

Probably did not meet the navy's requirements.
I hope that is the case though.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Xbee007:

I hope that is the case though.

I meant to say did not meet requirements, now corrected.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by avidleo: 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
Deep Blue C4I center is at NIMASA compound at Kirikiri Town, Lagos

Assets can deploy from any location.

Toju200:
Are we sure about those Dauphin helo. ok quick question from where will the Deep blue project Helo operate naval Base or vessels?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Movingon: 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
i have found the frigate. its also from Damen. this is wonderful. naija done start wake up ooo. this navy sea-lord truly has some great punch. this is the link. go check it out guys..... over to the experts in the house for educative analysis

https://products.damen.com/en/ranges/air-defence-command-frigate/air-defence-and-command-frigate-14019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 12:00am On Dec 18, 2019
rka2:

It will eventually be made known well into construction just like the LPD. We knew they were planning to buy a LPD but didn't know construction had started until the keel was laid. So it will be with the Frigate. We know they are planning one, so............. for ever the optimist grin

Remember, it isn't Damen marketing it by giving it to the CNS, but the CNS presenting it to a Governor. He wouldn't do that with a product Nigeria doesn't own or intend to own.
Nigeria paid for LST over four years. It was in all the budgets. No secret. There is no budget for a frigate. Not even ECA money. ECA probably paid for some Lynx choppers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 12:54am On Dec 18, 2019
rka2:
Is it just me or does anyone else see the similarities between the Frigate model presented to the Governor of Kogi State by the CNS during the commissioning of NNS Jubilee and the Damen Air Defence and Command Frigate?

The hull shape is identical and of course the CMS and radar masts are a bit different depending on what systems you require.

I wont be surprised if the NN has quietly ordered the Frigate.

I did some research and I am quite certain this is could be a variant of the F-22P PNS Zulfiquar / Type 053H2 Jiangwei-II. Hull is alsmost the same but the deck assemblies differ slightly. However, clearly a chinese ship design.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 1:11am On Dec 18, 2019
Jimi24:

Nigeria paid for LST over four years. It was in all the budgets. No secret. There is no budget for a frigate. Not even ECA money. ECA probably paid for some Lynx choppers

I assume that an affordable Frigate for the NN would be possible but without an expensive radar, fitted only with some short range ASM/SAM missiles and a very basic combat mangment system.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 1:27am On Dec 18, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

I assume that an affordable Frigate for the NN would be possible but without an expensive radar, fitted only with some short range ASM/SAM missiles and a very basic combat mangment system.

We should refit / upgrade Aradu. The figures being quoted as the estimate of doing the work are a scam. I am of the opinion that $130m should be enough for life extension of structure, new radar, ASW equipment and other systems
People were trying to steal funds that was why the figure was so high

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:17am On Dec 18, 2019
Nigerian soldiers
I don truly believe it to be Nigerians but the guy from said it is .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:11am On Dec 18, 2019
102 composite group maiduguri!
#opRattleSnake
#Alpha pilots
#WillingAbleReady
#WorldsFinestPilots

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2019
The Commandant Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) Air Vice Marshal Cletus Udeagulu has reiterated the need for effective collaboration between AFIT and Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) especially in the area of Research and Development.

He made the call during a courtesy visit by the Director General Defence Industries Corporation on Nigeria, Maj Gen Victor Ezugwu and some of his management team AFIT at Air Force Base, Kaduna.

His words; “If we want to go solo, you will have solo results, but if we go in group we will have group result that will be highly impressive to well-meaning Nigerians and our nation will be better for it”

The Commandant who said he has earlier visited DICON on assumption of Office noted that he was aware of the endowment in the Defence Industry, stressing on the need to focus on the genuine issue of comparative advantage between the duo because there was urgent need to collaborate.

He disclosed that rocket propeller fabricated by AFIT Research and Development Center was recently test fired at Kaduna, based on the directive of Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar and that he would like it to be mass produced, hence the need for urgent collaboration with DICON.

“Most Defence Research and Development efforts end at prototype level, we would not want the current research efforts to go the same way because the end user must get the product before the production process could be said to be completed”.

The Commandant who commended the DG DICON, for the success stories currently emanating from DICON stated that the Defence Premier Industry has come of age and it was time to move to the next level.

“Am glad you are taking the bull by the horns to change the previous unimpressive narrative about DICON, “you are doing well, the world need to know what you are doing”

Earlier, the DG DICON Maj Gen Ezugwu said, AFIT had distinguished itself as the best among Defence Institutions established in Nigeria, stressing that there are empirical evidences of their research and development products to buttress that.

“And let me congratulate you for having your name appended on the first locally made MRAP APC in Nigeria. “You do not need to be an Engineer to make a mark, you have high capacity to deliver”.

The DG who said he was aware of an existing Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between DICON and AFIT before he assumed office, stressed the need to polish it and make it operational because there were lots of benefits for both parties.

He further disclosed that the Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen Tukur Buratai had magnanimously released fund to set up 3-D or smart factory at Command Engineering Deport (CED), Rigachukun Kaduna to take care of tools and tooling needs in CED and DICON adding that the factory would be made available to AFIT when it becomes functional.

“We need institutions in Nigeria to help us solve our problems instead of looking unto foreign partners only”.

The DG also advocated for technical team exchange who are vast in their discipline between AFIT and DICON for quick and heartwarming result in research and development as well as the fabrication of military products.

He lauded the efforts of the Commandant for piloting the affairs of AFIT well to the benefit of the nation because large chunk of foreign reserves is being preserve because of local fabrications in AFIT.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

I did some research and I am quite certain this is could be a variant of the F-22P PNS Zulfiquar / Type 053H2 Jiangwei-II. Hull is alsmost the same but the deck assemblies differ slightly. However, clearly a chinese ship design.

It means it is a Chinese hull copy of the Damen frigate. All the more reason why I believe the NN will get it in the not too distant future. You don't start giving out models of platforms you don't have a vested interest in.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2019
Jimi24:

You just wait and see in a couple of years or so. We will come back to this soon.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 18, 2019
kabe1:
A capability we would soon regain in the Nigerian military.

This is the Philippines navy.

Nigeria also considered this ship from Indonesia.
that's a LPD not a LST
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 18, 2019
rka2:

Don't worry, we will also get an LPD down the line. Let me quickly exit before I am descended on grin
I shall descend on you with fury!!! How dare you say which is untrue.... Lol grin grin just kidding mate..... Its good to dream!! wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
jln115:
that's a LPD not an LST

Hope you can see the sheer amount of naval platforms Nigeria is getting. same cannot be said about the South-African Navy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
kabe1:

Hope you can see the sheer amount of naval platforms Nigeria is getting. same cannot be said about the South-African Navy.
now now let's not get ahead of ourselves, you are getting an LST and a hydrographic survey ship......well that's what has been ordered, the rest are still plans.

Damen has already started building 3 62 meter MMIPVs which are classified as OPVs by Damen, After this order the second phase of Project Biro is the acquisition of 3 80meter + OPVs or Corvettes as you like to call them.

Building of the SANs new hydrographic vessel has also begun under project hotel.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Jimi24:

We should refit / upgrade Aradu. The figures being quoted as the estimate of doing the work are a scam. I am of the opinion that $130m should be enough for life extension of structure, new radar, ASW equipment and other systems
People were trying to steal funds that was why the figure was so high
good to see someone is on board with reactivating Aradu!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
Movingon:
i have found the frigate. its also from Damen. this is wonderful. naija done start wake up ooo. this navy sea-lord truly has some great punch. this is the link. go check it out guys..... over to the experts in the house for educative analysis

https://products.damen.com/en/ranges/air-defence-command-frigate/air-defence-and-command-frigate-14019

It costs over $800 mil..... Nigeria budgeted $350 mil for a frigate.....

So it's safe to the NN ain't getting this Frigate, when it eventually does have the money to do so!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
jln115:
I shall descend on you with fury!!! How dare you say which is untrue.... Lol grin grin just kidding mate..... Its good to dream!! wink

Dreaming keeps the heart ticking over mate. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
jln115:
now now let's not get ahead of ourselves, you are getting an LST and a hydrographic survey ship......well that's what has been ordered, the rest are still plans.

Damen has already started building 3 62 meter MMIPVs which are classified as OPVs by Damen, After this order the second phase of Project Biro is the acquisition of 3 80meter + OPVs or Corvettes as you like to call them.

Building of the SANs new hydrographic vessel has also begun under project hotel.

The scale of your delusion of grandeur is incredible.

Please read this link slowly and carefully.

http://shippingposition.com.ng/main-news/maritime-security-nigerian-navy-expecting-more-platforms-before-end-of-2020

We are not mate.

Again I ask, where is South-Africa?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2019
rka2:

Dreaming keeps the heart ticking over mate. grin
fact wink

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
kabe1:

http://shippingposition.com.ng/main-news/maritime-security-nigerian-navy-expecting-more-platforms-before-end-of-2020

We are not mate.

SMH I was talking blue water vessels.... Not Patrol boats!!!

But this is besides the point, I'm not going to be drawn in to your d1ck measuring contest because you have a self esteem problem

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2019
jln115:

SMH I was talking blue water vessels.... Not Patrol boats!!!

But this is besides the point, I'm not going to be drawn in to your d1ck measuring contest because you have a self esteem problem
Cry me a river. No facts to counter it with.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
What's the need for all these baseless arguments.Whether We are stronger or SA is stronger I don't give a sh!t. I'll advise stronger Africa nations like SA, Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, Morroco with Battle experience and Sophisticated hardware should deploy to other Sister Africa nations that are suffering in the hands of Terrorists like Niger,Mali,DRC.The Western nations there ain't doing nothing to stop these guys.Despite the fact that France had both predator MQ 9 Drones Rafael and mirage 2000 jets along side other drones of the US airforce was present and already authorized to carry out Airstrike in Niger.Those Bogos still wiped out 71 Niger soilders.We Africans has the power to deal with such situations and not depend on the west for any shity protection..

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2019
kabe1:

We are not mate.

Guy what your issue with South Africa

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

It is just banter, nothing to it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

I tire sef o.Me I nor get dat power take confront am o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

You should know its just banter

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
You guys shouldn't take things too seriously here

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

You should know its just banter
Thanks.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

The exhaust mast don't match

(1) (2) (3) ... (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.