Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1093) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3027353 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
Tochex101:

Are they not Nigerian citizenry too?
Do we expect them to act differently cos they belong to the Armed Forces meanwhile the politicians keep looting, the MDs/CEOs keep racketeering and stealing shareholders money, inside trading in NSE, banks deducting depositors fund at will.
Police extorting anybody and everybody.......?
[/b]Our people need to wake up, sincerity must start individually.[b]

I seriously couldn't connect your post with what I wrote. @the bolded, you have a long wait coming.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Habane(m): 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2020
seankafor:
see as our acclaimed special force dey mumu themselves sad
6 months of Basic military training at Depot, and 3 months of COIN and they will be giving black shirt to be wearing around claiming SF.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Habane:
6 months of Basic military training at Depot, and 3 months of COIN and they will be giving black shirt to be wearing around claiming SF.
They sell the shirts at the mammy market, the real SF know themselves.

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kalapizim:
Bless you

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
Government sincerely needs to do something drastic on this on going insurgency war.

embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by klhazhik(m): 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kalapizim:

At last, Sensible write-up found
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2020
Could it be that some soldiers aren't taking this seriously enough and consider any environment outside of their barracks a hot zone.
As in, create defensive positions, have lookouts etc.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
Idriss derby out for revenge, give'em hell

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2020
Tochex101:

Are they not Nigerian citizenry too?
Do we expect them to act differently cos they belong to the Armed Forces meanwhile the politicians keep looting, the MDs/CEOs keep racketeering and stealing shareholders money, inside trading in NSE, banks deducting depositors fund at will.
Police extorting anybody and everybody.......?
Our people need to wake up, sincerity must start individually.
Those re nt soldiers, rather civilian joint task force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:07am On Mar 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
bidexiii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOnv9gwBKg

I am a cameroonian and to be sincere I greatly admire the work the head of the nigerian airforce is doing. This man has completely revived the NAF. if only he could be Chief of the Nigerian armed forces

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2020
Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum mni, FNSE @GovBorno @ProfZulum visited the Headquarters of the 7 Division @HQNigerianArmy to commiserate with fallen heroes and see those injured. The good news is that the Governor also announced a token donation of N500,000.00 to the 47 lost aoldiers.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:26am On Mar 28, 2020
In a scale never reported by an independent source, HumAngle has exclusively obtained information that documents the pattern of fatalities suffered in recent months by the leadership cadres of the various terrorist groups in the Lake Chad Basin. Fundamentally, the terrorist groups include Jama’atu Ahlil Sunnah, (JAS) also known as Boko Haram, and the Islamic State West Africa State, (ISWAP).

The Abubakar Shekau led Boko Haram is dominantly operating in the Southern Borno and the Mandara mountain areas covering parts of Nigeria and Cameroon, with a branch outpost in the Lake Chad basin between Tumur in Niger Republic and Kangar in Northern Borno, Nigeria. On the other hand, the Ba Lawan led ISWAP dominates Northern parts of Borno and the islands in the Lake Chad basin covering Nigeria, Cameroon and Chad and currently pushing downwards to Southern Borno, strategically creating a ring around Shekau’s Boko Haram.

Nigerian Airforce bombardments of the positions of the insurgents in the months between January and March 2020 has taken out no less than 18 of the prime war commanders of ISWAP. There have been a series of sustained targeted airstrikes of the positions of ISWAP and Boko Haram following a return of the dry season. Fatalities have hit hard on the leadership of the insurgents, extending beyond casualties from airstrikes in the past few months going by the exclusive intelligence information obtained by HumAngle.

Further exclusive information on fatalities within the leadership cadres of the insurgents obtained by HumAngle points to further 25 leaders losing their lives between October 2019 and March 2020. The 25 fatalities, according to the records, they died from either injury sustained in combat or other grave medical conditions.

ISWAP particularly, following a sustained period of internal feuds, has lost 13 additional prime leaders between January and March 2020. These are leaders who were executed by their associates for falling out of political favour. Leadership feud has fed a hunger for bloody revolt within the top echelon of the group’s leadership over the past few months. This has resulted in the dramatic and bitter emergence of three leaders in the group within the past year.

With the air of uncertainty overshadowing its future, many of its leading lights and members are reconsidering a continued committal of their future to a cause that seems not to assure them of a victory over the ‘infidel’ state. HumAngle further obtained exclusively that ISWAP has been hit hard by an explosion of defections in the past three months.

According to the records obtained by HumAngle, no less than 400 members and leaders of the two major insurgency groups have voted with their feet. Our information, however, holds that over 70 percent of the defections are members of ISWAP.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
Toju200:
In a scale never reported by an independent source, HumAngle has exclusively obtained information that documents the pattern of fatalities suffered in recent months by the leadership cadres of the various terrorist groups in the Lake Chad Basin. Fundamentally, the terrorist groups include Jama’atu Ahlil Sunnah, (JAS) also known as Boko Haram, and the Islamic State West Africa State, (ISWAP).

The Abubakar Shekau led Boko Haram is dominantly operating in the Southern Borno and the Mandara mountain areas covering parts of Nigeria and Cameroon, with a branch outpost in the Lake Chad basin between Tumur in Niger Republic and Kangar in Northern Borno, Nigeria. On the other hand, the Ba Lawan led ISWAP dominates Northern parts of Borno and the islands in the Lake Chad basin covering Nigeria, Cameroon and Chad and currently pushing downwards to Southern Borno, strategically creating a ring around Shekau’s Boko Haram.

Nigerian Airforce bombardments of the positions of the insurgents in the months between January and March 2020 has taken out no less than 18 of the prime war commanders of ISWAP. There have been a series of sustained targeted airstrikes of the positions of ISWAP and Boko Haram following a return of the dry season. Fatalities have hit hard on the leadership of the insurgents, extending beyond casualties from airstrikes in the past few months going by the exclusive intelligence information obtained by HumAngle.

Further exclusive information on fatalities within the leadership cadres of the insurgents obtained by HumAngle points to further 25 leaders losing their lives between October 2019 and March 2020. The 25 fatalities, according to the records, they died from either injury sustained in combat or other grave medical conditions.

ISWAP particularly, following a sustained period of internal feuds, has lost 13 additional prime leaders between January and March 2020. These are leaders who were executed by their associates for falling out of political favour. Leadership feud has fed a hunger for bloody revolt within the top echelon of the group’s leadership over the past few months. This has resulted in the dramatic and bitter emergence of three leaders in the group within the past year.

With the air of uncertainty overshadowing its future, many of its leading lights and members are reconsidering a continued committal of their future to a cause that seems not to assure them of a victory over the ‘infidel’ state. HumAngle further obtained exclusively that ISWAP has been hit hard by an explosion of defections in the past three months.

According to the records obtained by HumAngle, no less than 400 members and leaders of the two major insurgency groups have voted with their feet. Our information, however, holds that over 70 percent of the defections are members of ISWAP.

Could be misinformation, another angle to the usual news we get of factional fighting among the terrorists that raises our hopes but ultimately nothing comes of it all in terms of decline in attacks on Nigeria. Having ones hopes raised and then dashed, raised and dashed may be part of psychological warfare for it is at last debilitating. In direct relation to the article, like Covid, it only takes a few diehards to rekindle the flame and we are all back to first square. Therefore, it may be that the best approach is never to relent with these people, even if witnesses report that only a handful of them remain and are to be seen at dusk running around Lake Chad, looking haggard and broken. We maintain a high, ceaseless tempo until they surrender and the surrender is unequivocal in the respects of those charged with determining such matters.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Chadian �� soldiers seen with M99 anti material rifles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2020
Commander of the multinational joint force, General Major Ibrahim Manu praised Idriss Deby for personally coordinating military response/operation against Bokoharam

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
bidexiii:
Commander of the multinational joint force, General Major Ibrahim Manu praised Idriss Deby for personally coordinating military response/operation against Bokoharam
Nigeria airforce responded with Airstrikes yesterday...
Video on twitter..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
Toju200:
Video on twitter..
link please
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:41am On Mar 29, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 7:38am On Mar 29, 2020
Toju200:
Video on twitter..

Is it only when boko people kill plenty of our soldiers that we respond?

From Intel available, me think the Nigerian army know where these people are, why not divide the theatre into blocks and do a complete sweep instead of all these back and forth...Boko kill 100 soldiers and Nigeria respond and kill many with no figure and everything go back to normal then Boko kill another 50 and our soldiers again begin to clean their gun to go and find Boko to kill in retaliation..!!

These back and forth won't help..!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
Valkrie:

Is it only when boko people kill plenty of our soldiers that we respond?

From Intel available, me think the Nigerian army know where these people are, why not divide the theatre into blocks and do a complete sweep instead of all these back and forth...Boko kill 100 soldiers and Nigeria respond and kill many with no figure and everything go back to normal then Boko kill another 50 and our soldiers again begin to clean their gun to go and find Boko to kill in retaliation..!!

These back and forth won't help..!!

That's one of the best suggestions I've ever heard. The North East is rather large though and I don't think we have the numbers to do that. But I'm optimistic it can be done with the help of drones.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

That's one of the best suggestions I've ever heard. The North East is rather large though and I don't think we have the numbers to do that. But I'm optimistic it can be done with the help of drones.
Of course he's right but it will be difficult...
We all know NAF and DHQ knows where these guys are...
Via satellite NAF has the whole picture of NE Right..
Now from my observation NAF strike based on selected target And this Targets are void of Human sheild Which unknowingly to some people that's what they are doing (BHT) Nigeria military is trying to be careful In other for ISWAP not to do something stupid..
We should take note ISWAP has some Hostages ( Leah Sharibu and Host of others ) we're trying to avoid The Failed British SBS rescue bid that happened In 2014 Sokoto..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
Toju200:
Of course he's right but it will be difficult...
We all know NAF and DHQ knows where these guys are...
Via satellite NAF has the whole picture of NE Right..
Now from my observation NAF strike based on selected target And this Targets are void of Human sheild Which unknowingly to some people that's what they are doing (BHT) Nigeria military is trying to be careful In other for ISWAP not to do something stupid..
We should take note ISWAP has some Hostages ( Leah Sharibu and Host of others ) we're trying to avoid The Failed British SBS rescue bid that happened In 2014 Sokoto..
I don't think it will be too difficult for the armed forces to do when fully rallied and mobilised, that is the exact tactics ebenlow's private army did and recaptured most territories the terrorists where occupying. Had Buhari extended their contracts or at least allowed ebenlow coordinate operations himself with the army things would have being different.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
I just watched the video Sahara reporters posted on their Twitter account, walahi serious problem dey this country.
A whole General on the field is complaining it's like they gave them false intels and according to him BH guys are pounding them from all angles with more than 50 gun trucks..
Buhari promised to lead from the front but alas he has gone AWOL change your service chiefs na mba!!!! what about the $1bn they use for arms purchase?
Oluwa wetin dey happen?

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

The Northeast is large but the Military know where these guys are Baba.
embarassed
There is an area on Monguno-Maiduguri road even the drivers here will show you buildings not too far from the road that ISWAP are chilling there.

Whenever the drivers get there we slow down a bit to see if any of them have decided to mount a road block.

From my own observation we got no Airforce in Nigeria or the synergy between the Military and Airforce is not working.

90% of ISWAP attacks in Borno North and Borno Central has always been from 5PM. Most bases fell after two hours of exchange of gunfire between Nigeria Army and ISWAP. What is the distance from Maiduguri Airport to these towns in Borno whenever they are under attack?

Make we dey enjoy the "eagle movie" to portray all is well embarassed embarassed Before dudes here will always say i am an ISWAP sympathizer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

The Northeast is large but the Military know where these guys are Baba.
embarassed
There is an area on Monguno-Maiduguri road even the drivers here will show you buildings not too far from the road that ISWAP are chilling there.

Whenever the drivers get there we slow down a bit to see if any of them have decided to mount a road block.

From my own observation we got no Airforce in Nigeria or the synergy between the Military and Airforce is not working.

90% of ISWAP attacks in Borno North and Borno Central has always been from 5PM. Most bases fell after two hours of exchange of gunfire between Nigeria Army and ISWAP. What is the distance from Maiduguri Airport to these towns in Borno whenever they are under attack?

Make we dey enjoy the "eagle movie" to portray all is well embarassed embarassed Before dudes here will always say i am an ISWAP sympathizer.

You are an ISWAP sympathizer? Yet if they capture you they will behead you for the whole world to see. Some sympathizer you are smiley

Indeed, we are not serious about this war. I've known that for long and keep hoping that will change.

Stay safe bro.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
ugo4u:

I don't think it will be too difficult for the armed forces to do when fully rallied and mobilised, that is the exact tactics ebenlow's private army did and recaptured most territories the terrorists where occupying. Had Buhari extended their contracts or at least allowed ebenlow coordinate operations himself with the army things would have being different.

Ebenlow? You mean Executive Outcomes? If so those are top class professionals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.