Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,715 members, 7,862,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3075319 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:15am On Apr 22, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Metele Attack.

No barb wires in that video.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:19am On Apr 22, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Except barb wire is not the actual word. I have seems many with wired fence bro. Ask Soldiers here I don't want to start mentioning exact FOBs here. Especially FOBs that are not right inside the host communities.

Just remember a F.O.B with a wire barb fencing all through and it was not even constructed by the army.
It was a poultry settlement raged by the war and was later and still been used has a F.O.B.
I’ll get the pictures soon.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:30am On Apr 22, 2020
bidex111:

Just remember a F.O.B with a wire barb fencing all through and it was not even constructed by the army.
It was a poultry settlement raged by the war and was later and still been used has a F.O.B.
I’ll get the pictures soon.

I have told you FOBs I have seen with my very eyes with wire fencing. Ask a Soldier who has served in Gajiram in Nganzai LGA or Bilimari a Lil bit on the outskirt of Monguno.

Its not "I hear say". grin

I do not give my reports from Lagos. 2018 I virtually traveled thrice a week to around Lake Chad on road Kekeno, Cross Kauwa, Kukawa, Doron Baga and Baga Main town before ISWAP burnt down our health facilities in Baga and Kukawa.

Even in 2019 we worked at Gasarawa in Guzamal a before ISWAP kinda started showing up for treatment of which we had to abandon that site.

I don't want to even mention the Monguno-Maiduguri road self because that one is my frequent highway. Tho I have stopped for two weeks now because of the Checkpoints ISWAP mounted almost five times last week and taking away valuables from passengers.

cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2020
komekn:

People should not get stuck up on definitions they are fluid and are determined by the use you put the particular asset too.,

If something can be modified then it can be used for whatever you decide too use it for, that makes it multi use and therefore multi role.

With regard to Sepecat Jaguar , probably the best set of air craft the NAF have ever acquired in recent times all 18.

However, our military has always from inception been cursed with political wranglings, tribalism and religious discrimination, the British started it as a means to prevent the south from agitating for independence.

But back to recent times, the suspicion of coup and counter coup created deep mistrust as well as undue paranoia with the senior officers. The NAF as well as the Navy required a certain degree of academic excellence and knowledge for progression. As a consequence the ability to flood the NAF and or the Navy with your own kinsmen in the past was limited.

There was a coup planned against Babangida in which NAF officers was heavily involved. They were in their positions by merit. Babangida could not control or manipulate the NAF. So he essentially rendered it impotent and the first victims were the Jaguars which they feared so much. A group of technicians came from India years back to do some assessment in civilian times and were shocked at how the aircraft were in such good condition. The all had very flight hours comparative to their ages. I expected the NAF to revive those airframes (for small money) which are still better than those Chinese rebadged Mig 21's we bought for stupid money IMO. Thankfully we are leaving those dark days behind. Unfortunately have not been able to deal with corruption completely.

It is the same historic mentality that has plagued the NPF, it seems the only weapon they have are assault rifles. Police forces across the world are equipped with MRAPS, HMG , Grenade launchers and multiple heavy to light weapons. But the fear that the NPF would therefore be equpped to stop the NA from carrying out coups or limiting the NA influence has seen that tent continue.

Because in all honesty the Mobile police force should be equipped with HMG, LAV, RPG7, Multiple light weapons Sniper rifles, and should be able to contend with BOKO. The police many a time are outgunned by criminals and why have their weapons not been upgraded to reflect the current threat levels bot with bandits and terrorists. That would free up the NA to concentrate on its core task.

After sitting on the apron in the hot humid marine environment of Lagos for at least a decade? Link?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:40am On Apr 22, 2020
kikuyu1:

After sitting on the apron in the hot humid marine environment of Lagos for at least a decade? Link?

The Jaguars were beyond economic repair when examined because they were left in the open to rot without any protection. Imagine the state of the airframe and the avionics etc. Nothing the Indians could do.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2020
komekn:

There are a few who have been shouting very loudly that the A29 is the game changer in COIN warfare. And even quite a few who have erroneously agreed.

My approach is very simple, "Best Value" and greatest impact / outcome delivery from limited resources.

I said the future is " Attack UAV'S" that give you 24 hour endurance without the enemy even knowing and then you can eliminate him clinically with almost zero risk to air force personal. They are now the game changer.

Wing Loong II is an attack UAV that has some impressive statistics. 24 hour endurance, 1500km range and a 500kg payload of multiple smart and precision ordinances, missiles, etc There is no hiding place daytime or nightime.

How many UAV 's do we need to have total and complete 24 hour coverage of the NE theatre and with over watch of our very gallant soldiers.❓❓ ❓.

My projection at least 35 Wing Loong II UAV will do the job. But to be absolutely sure l would procure 50.

Now some of you not all will even shocked at the procurement cost.

$1million per unit, that's $50 million for 50 Chinese Wing Loong II attack UAV
now compare that to the total per unit procurement package cost of one turboprop A29, which is $50 million.

Now with your eyes � open which would you rather have. l find some of our decisions baffling and the allegations of zero will to end this cash cow war, begin to have some credence.

With 50 UAV or effectively 20+ combing the skies at 8000 ft, at any one time, unknown Boko. Not one of thier gun trucks will be able to operate without being roasted, indeed they will have not be able to have any. It means where 2/3 Boko gather we will know. There will be nothing like suprise attack on any NA base or convoys and or convoys of Boko gun trucks running with reckless abandon across the NE. That's for the entire NE theatre.

See below for substantiation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omU_olbV3gc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTr_zPbvELU

Can your Winglong UAV train Nigerian pilots during and after the war?

Can Winlong UAV straff ammo on hostiles in regions with high Civilian population or when the military is low on budget to throw precision missiles around?

Can it deliver dumb ordinance?

Im certain you aren't thinking long term, UAV's may inject short term capabilities but Tucano will win long term especially when the war ends.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

I have told you FOBs I have seen with my very eyes with wire fencing. Ask a Soldier who has served in Gajiram in Nganzai LGA or Bilimari a Lil bit on the outskirt of Monguno.

Its not "I hear say". grin

I do not give my reports from Lagos. 2018 I virtually traveled thrice a week to around Lake Chad on road Kekeno, Cross Kauwa, Kukawa, Doron Baga and Baga Main town before ISWAP burnt down our health facilities in Baga and Kukawa.

Even in 2019 we worked at Gasarawa in Guzamal a before ISWAP kinda started showing up for treatment of which we had to abandon that site.

I don't want to even mention the Monguno-Maiduguri road self because that one is my frequent highway. Tho I have stopped for two weeks now because of the Checkpoints ISWAP mounted almost five times last week and taking away valuables from passengers.

cool

You can be in Borno, a fact I can’t argue with you. But you mentioning some areas in Borno claiming you often make use of the roads frequently shows you are bloody liar and you’re very good at it. Dude have spent over 5 years in the N.E and Kekeno been my base, currently am in another N.E state going to three years now.
Kekeno in Kukawa L.G.A are still deadly even for the military patrols , likewise cross kuawa, east town of Kukawa are all ghost road. Keep lying and fooling yourself.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2020
jpphilips:

Can your Winglong UAV train Nigerian pilots during and after the war?

Can Winlong UAV straff ammo on hostiles in regions with high Civilian population or when the military is low on budget to throw precision missiles around?

Im certain you aren't thinking long term, UAV's may inject short term capabilities but Tucano will win long term especially when the war ends.
exactly I wonder why he would be suggesting drones at this point in time...
We have them but for the meantime there's a reason why we aren't using them..
To avoid civilian casualty
The Super tucano is one of the most needed hardware even the US are sorting out for it..
KingAzubike was also against the Fact that we use AKs when obviously it's the most suitable for the African Scotching weather..
Forget the Fact they don't have Scopes and all( By the way most of our AKs do have Scopes ) even some has Grenade Launchers and suppressors.Its How you're able to use your weapons not how good looking they are..Komen you onced said these terrorists are ragtag so why should we waste Expensive Drone Munitions on them,When I believe even up Armoured guntrucks backed up with MD5000 helos will do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
bidex111:

You can be in Borno, a fact I can’t argue with you. But you mentioning some areas in Borno claiming you often make use of the roads frequently shows you are bloody liar and you’re very good at it. Dude have spent over 5 years in the N.E and Kekeno been my base, currently am in another N.E state going to three years now.
Kekeno in Kukawa L.G.A are still deadly even for the military patrols , likewise cross kuawa, east town of Kukawa are all ghost road. Keep lying and fooling yourself.

In early 2018 we traveled along all those areas, late November/December 2018 we pulled out. Ask any Soldier that served in 2018 brother.

Some of my colleagues lost their Jobs after ISWAP burnt our facilities there.

Call any soldier to confirm this before calling me a Liar. Thank You grin. You always discredit someone's statement without confirming grin

Our health Facilities in Kukawa that was burnt down by ISWAP and Drugs looted appeared on its own in Kukawa.

grin Baba una no fit suppress information na grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
komekn:

People should not get stuck up on definitions they are fluid and are determined by the use you put the particular asset too.,

If something can be modified then it can be used for whatever you decide too use it for, that makes it multi use and therefore multi role.

With regard to Sepecat Jaguar , probably the best set of air craft the NAF have ever acquired in recent times all 18.

However, our military has always from inception been cursed with political wranglings, tribalism and religious discrimination, the British started it as a means to prevent the south from agitating for independence.

But back to recent times, the suspicion of coup and counter coup created deep mistrust as well as undue paranoia with the senior officers. The NAF as well as the Navy required a certain degree of academic excellence and knowledge for progression. As a consequence the ability to flood the NAF and or the Navy with your own kinsmen in the past was limited.

There was a coup planned against Babangida in which NAF officers was heavily involved. They were in their positions by merit. Babangida could not control or manipulate the NAF. So he essentially rendered it impotent and the first victims were the Jaguars which they feared so much. A group of technicians came from India years back to do some assessment in civilian times and were shocked at how the aircraft were in such good condition. The all had very flight hours comparative to their ages. I expected the NAF to revive those airframes (for small money) which are still better than those Chinese rebadged Mig 21's we bought for stupid money IMO. Thankfully we are leaving those dark days behind. Unfortunately have not been able to deal with corruption completely.

It is the same historic mentality that has plagued the NPF, it seems the only weapon they have are assault rifles. Police forces across the world are equipped with MRAPS, HMG , Grenade launchers and multiple heavy to light weapons. But the fear that the NPF would therefore be equpped to stop the NA from carrying out coups or limiting the NA influence has seen that tent continue.

Because in all honesty the Mobile police force should be equipped with HMG, LAV, RPG7, Multiple light weapons Sniper rifles, and should be able to contend with BOKO. The police many a time are outgunned by criminals and why have their weapons not been upgraded to reflect the current threat levels bot with bandits and terrorists. That would free up the NA to concentrate on its core task.

The specat Jaguars were bought by Shagari, commonwealth sanctions crippled the Jaguars not any IBB hogwash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Learnt nigeria is interested in the migs(might be mig 35).wouldn't it be more appropriate to get the chinese j-10c?considering the chinese deliver hardwares within a short period of time and the j-10c would fit our long-term requirements.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Stormtrooper11:
Learnt nigeria is interested in the migs(might be mig 35).wouldn't it be more appropriate to get the chinese j-10c?considering the chinese deliver hardwares within a short period of time and the j-10c would fit our long-term requirements.

Why would Nigeria get the J-10c or MIG-35 when we are buying JF-17?

P.s the J-10c has not been cleared for exports.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nigeria is gonna need a frontline fighter(jf 17)& an air superiority fighter.the j-10 is the perfect choice.the j-10 was cleared last year november
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
The graduation ceremony of the First Nigerian Female Fighter Pilot. Kafayat Sanni who had her Aviation Leadership Programme from Columbia Air Force in the USA made history after becoming the first female fighter pilot in our armed forces.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Stormtrooper11:
Nigeria is gonna need a frontline fighter(jf 17)& an air superiority fighter.the j-10 is the perfect choice.the j-10 was cleared last year november

Priorities bro, no one is invading our airspace neither does any of our neighbours have aircrafts that can dominate our airspace. When we have enough money and have satisfied all pressing needs, we can start feeding our "wants".
A multirole aircraft will do for now. Ending this bokoharam insurgency is topmost priority. After that, we can focus on detering our neighbours and their masters from thinking about invading or land grabbing. Then we can start getting platforms that will make them know we can r*pe them with ease.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nigerian born astrophysicist who designs and builds drones for the US military , and has 7 masters degree is reported to have bagged his 4th Ph.D. degree. Mr Osemwengie is the founder of Open Robotics University in America.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
nemesis8u:
Seriously grin

Nothing less than a miracle shocked cool
Prostate carcinoma causes the production of HCG in male. HCG is what they test for in female urine samples to detect pregnancy. And considering the age of the owner of the test results...... He should get himself checked.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

The J-10 is a multi-role fighter, exact same thing as the JF-17.

So what capability does the J-10C bring that is not already present in the JF-17?

The J-10C has not been cleared for exports.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS OF OPERATION HADARIN DAJI IN A FIERCE ENCOUNTER NEUTRALIZES BANDITS AT ZURMI ZAMFARA STATE

1. Gallant troops of Operation HADARIN DAJI engaged a large number of bandits by 201530hrs April 2020 at Zurmi in Zurumi LGA of Zamfara State. After a fierce encounter, Twenty One (21) bandits were neutralized and Four (4) of our troops paid the supreme price. Exploitation in progress. Details to follow.

2 . Meanwhile the troops in high morale, have commenced aggresive patrols in the area, for domination and confidence building among the the locals.

3. The Armed Forces of Nigeria requests the general public to provide credible information on the bandits to assist the Military to rid the Country of the criminal elements.

JOHN ENENCHE
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
22 April 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Whyem15:

Prostate carcinoma causes the production of HCG in male. HCG is what they test for in female urine samples to detect pregnancy. And considering the age of the owner of the test results...... He should get himself checked.

Yes, there r exceptional cases . Forget about the patient, the doctor was sacked in the country where it happened .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
rka2:

The Jaguars were beyond economic repair when examined because they were left in the open to rot without any protection. Imagine the state of the airframe and the avionics etc. Nothing the Ind.....s could do.

Wrong

HAL after inspection offered to make them flight worthy and up to date.

The NAF did not agree with the price . So no word was heard as a result.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
bidex111:
The graduation ceremony of the First Nigerian Female Fighter Pilot. Kafayat Sanni who had her Aviation Leadership Programme from Columbia Air Force in the USA made history after becoming the first female fighter pilot in our armed forces.

What about blessing liman?thought she is the first
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

What about blessing liman?thought she is the first

Yeap she was the 1st female pilot but not the 1st fighter pilot.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
NIGERIAN NAVY RESCUES CREW FROM BURNING FISHING TRAWLER

The Nigerian Navy in Lagos on Tuesday 21 April 2020 has rescued three Beninoise after their fishing vessel caught fire at the Lagos anchorage.
The crew were rescued by the Nigerian Navy Ship BINI after a distress call was sent out at past midnight on April 21.
On arrival at the scene, the fishing boat with a call sign SHORT TAIL was completely engulfed by fire, one of the crew member was severely burnt in the incident.
The crew members who could not communicate in English were given first aid at the naval Base Medical Centre where they were stabilized and treated.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
bidex111:

Yeap she was the 1st female pilot but not the 1st fighter pilot.
She's not even the first female pilot.
The first NAF female pilot is a lady named Blessing from Kaduna. She flies a transport plane.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
nemesis8u:

Wrong

HAL after inspection offered to make them flight worthy and up to date.

The NAF did not agree with the price . So no word was heard as a result.
RKA is right
You are wrong.
The Indians told the NAF it wasn’t even feasible to repair due to the amount of corrosion.
During this period the UK shut down the last factory responsible for making spare parts.
Currently it is only India that operates the Aircraft.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Toju200:
exactly I wonder why he would be suggesting drones at this point in time...
We have them but for the meantime there's a reason why we aren't using them..
To avoid civilian casualty
The Super tucano is one of the most needed hardware even the US are sorting out for it..
KingAzubike was also against the Fact that we use AKs when obviously it's the most suitable for the African Scotching weather..
Forget the Fact they don't have Scopes and all( By the way most of our AKs do have Scopes ) even some has Grenade Launchers and suppressors.Its How you're able to use your weapons not how good looking they are..Komen you onced said these terrorists are ragtag so why should we waste Expensive Drone Munitions on them,When I believe even up Armoured guntrucks backed up with MD5000 helos will do

So, we are not using surveillance drones in order to avoid civillian casualty? grin Without such drones in use Boko Haram will always be able to surprise and ambush our troops and range all over the place without our knowing where they are at.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

So, we are not using surveillance drones in order to avoid civillian casualty? grin Without such drones in use Boko Haram will always be able to surprise and ambush our troops and range all over the place without our knowing where they are at.
I was talking about the CH5 drones he suggested for strikes against BHT...
We do use drones for surveillance SamuelAnyawu gave us an example of experience

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
On the issue of drones, I think it is commonsensical for all FOBs, troops on patrol etc to be armed with a drone. It mustn't be military class drone (since we don't hv the financial muscle for now), all this drones that TV station uses that can be gotten for say N30k can be bought (or the more discreet ones. pocket size) enmass and distributed to troops in all sectors/theatre of operations. Honestly, though it sounds stupid this will go a long way in improving situational awareness at all times. e.g before any advance is made we can send the drones to collect intels before advancing. Even during advance it can also be used by troops to their advantage. I hope someone sees this and take it up to the army high command.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
LTGEN:

RKA is right
You are wrong.
The Indians told the NAF it wasn’t even feasible to repair due to the amount of corrosion.
During this period the UK shut down the last factory responsible for making spare parts.
Currently it is only India that operates the Aircraft.

I will again disagree .

Problem was with the pricing , the price hal quoted was deemed too high by naf. Only the fuselage will be old rest everything brand new , including engines.

I had hal statement in a pdf on it . It was part of their annual report. But that was long time back.

During that period Hal manufactured the complete aircraft all by itself . So spares from uk don't come into play.

Anyways. Let's agree to disagree.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by KingAzubuike(f): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
bidex111:
Food for Oga dem

(1) (2) (3) ... (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.