Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3048915 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:25am On Jul 04, 2020
Odunayaw:
A United Nations humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) helicopter came under fire in Damasak, Mobbar LGA in the volatile Northern Borno region. The helicopter was able to return to Maiduguri airbase shortly after the attack on Thursday 2, July 2020.

https:///iePKCNp6uV

Heard of the incidence sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:48am On Jul 04, 2020
Odunayaw:
A United Nations humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) helicopter came under fire in Damasak, Mobbar LGA in the volatile Northern Borno region. The helicopter was able to return to Maiduguri airbase shortly after the attack on Thursday 2, July 2020.

https:///iePKCNp6uV

Same thing almost played out in Monguno attack.

May God Continually Protect us all cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 1:25am On Jul 04, 2020
They finally hacked this defense Nigeria Twitter account  shocked

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1279205252605063169?s=19

Niggas no get joy ahswear  shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2020
ugo4u:
If I am the President before or upon appointing a service Chief, target(Performace evaluation) will be given to such a person for e.g 1 year if he/she doesn't meet up he will be shown the way out but before then such a person will be made to submit a proposal of what is needed to meet the said target. It's high time the political class apply business model especially wrt appointing service chiefs everyone should be made to justify the amount of money spent on them with commesurate result.
For instance, I'll call my service Chiefs in a high powered security meeting, I'll allow them speak their mind and each of them should come up with a proposal to end the insurgency within a given time frame or atleast make significant gain say capturing a Bokoharam stronghold like Lake Chad, or Sambisa and not allowing the terrorists to ever get access to that area again, it will be my responsibility as CinC to mobilize funds or whatever is needed to make such operations run smoothly, I'll expect nothing short of results after a stipulated timeframe otherwise such a service Chief should voluntarily handover his resignation letter.
That way I believe the position will not be seen as a mere political appointment and the need to lobby/jostle for the position will be watered down, anyone that aspires to be in that office should know his Onion and be amongst the very best of his peers cos he knows he will be shown the way out if he doesn't pass the performing evaluation after a given time frame.

Service Chiefs did just that in 2015, the FG couldn't provide a quarter of what they asked for due to lack of funds, Tucano & MRAP for all SF battalion was part of their demand.
It was the government that failed the chiefs not the other way round.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2020
BabaOwen:

I fully support the House on the bolded.

I'm so sure if he had praised and worshipped the Dubai landlord, he and his wife won't be in this situation.

The Senate & House of Representatives defense committee should work together on this. They should invite the Lance corporal to hear first hand information from him about the fight against boko haram in the North east.

This is very very worrisome trend in the NA where the long standing conventions regarding senior officers are being decimated.

I have noticed a politicisation of the NA and personalisation moving from management by policy, process and strategy too Charismatic management where the core focus is on the leader.

I watched combatants in training singing praise songs about Burutai as if they were in Aladura church.

We moved away from objectivity to subjectivity and the approval of the COAS that creates sycophancy and not measured outcome delivery in management.

Once you have this kind of charismatic management style, It's always followed by mediocrity and the quest to please the leader and what is best for him not the organisation.

I truly believe there are people here who are part of his Choir here, singing the same sings of undue praise.

VERY SAD

Watch them rain their vitriolic rhetoric against me now.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2020
komekn:

This is very very worrisome trend in the NA where the long standing conventions regarding senior officers are being decimated.

I have noticed a politicisation of the NA and personalisation moving from management by policy, process and strategy too Charismatic management where the core focus is on the leader.

I watched combatants in training singing praise songs about Burutai as if they were in Aladura church.

We moved away from objectivity to subjectivity and the approval of the COAS that creates sycophancy and not measured outcome delivery in management.

Once you have this kind of charismatic management style, It's always followed by mediocrity and the quest to please the leader and what is best for him not the organisation.

I truly believe there are people here who are part of his Choir here, singing the same sings of undue praise.

VERY SAD

That is why service chiefs should be properly rotated out, after serving their term.The longer they stay the more politicised the forces become, even if they(the service chiefs) didn't intend it.

16 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2020
komekn:

VERY SAD

They are coming for you bro. Hope you got your AA Gun ready grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
jpphilips:

Service Chiefs did just that in 2015, the FG couldn't provide a quarter of what they asked for due to lack of funds, Tucano & MRAP for all SF battalion was part of their demand.
It was the government that failed the chiefs not the other way round.
I really doubt the problem is lack of fund but more of corruption and lack of will power.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

They are coming for you bro. Hope you got your AA Gun ready grin grin
grin no he uses drones grin

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
Abeg is there any local AFV/IFV currently under development

Toju200
Bidexiii
kabe1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
Toju200:
grin no he uses drones grin

So are you bringing an A29 or F16 against drones? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

So are you bringing an A29 or F16 against drones? cheesy grin
grin grin
F35 brother grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
youghs:

Toju200
Bidexiii
kabe1
can't tell..
U heard em somewhere?

I only know of the UGV DICON is developing.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
kikuyu1:

This! Thank you sir! I rmbr nemesis8u mentioned this and for this reason advocated for a twin turbo like an OV 10 or Argie Pucara with a heavy twin barrel under the fuselage of 23mm or even 30mm providing on recoil mitigation could HANDLE it.
It was to be 360 degree capable and 180 degree capable on vertical axis to be handled by copilot via camera.

A 360 degree rotatable aircraft canon? Wouldn't the free rotation unduly affect accuracy?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
#PressRelease

MORE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS NEUTRALIZED, LOGISTICS FACILITIES DESTROYED BY AIR TASK FORCE OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE AT MINA IN BORNO STATE

1. Several Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) have been neutralized and their logistics supplies destroyed in air strikes executed by the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE at Mina along the Gulumba Gana-Kumshe Axis in the Northern part of Borno State. The feat, which has further destabilized the BHTs’ new leadership and curtailed their freedom of action, was achieved on 3 July 2020 as part of missions being executed under the subsidiary Operation LONG REACH II; sequel to Human Intelligence reports indicating that the BHT location had recently been reinforced with fighters and logistics supplies to provide resistance against nearby friendly ground troops’ positions. Confirmatory surveillance missions also observed significant numbers of terrorists in the settlement.

2. Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets detailed by the ATF to engage the location scored accurate hits in their bombing runs, neutralizing some of the BHTs and destroying some of their structures, including one of the terrorists’ logistics’ huts which was seen engulfed in flames. Some of the fighters who escaped the bomb attacks were mopped as the jets strafed their hiding positions.

3. The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, commends the ATF for their dedication, dexterity and professionalism. The Defence Headquarters equally urges them to intensify the air offensive against the terrorists and all other criminal elements threatening the peace and security of our beloved country.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
4 July 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
dragon2:

That is why service chiefs should be properly rotated out, after serving their term.The longer they stay the more politicised the forces become, even if they(the service chiefs) didn't intend it.

Agreed without reservation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
youghs:

Toju200
Bidexiii
kabe1

From what l have seen the NA does not have a definitive IFV in its armoury.

However, the Russians have described the 1970's Russian BMP-1 as an IFV. That's very debatable because it's armour is very light.

In my opinion considering our non existent industrial manufacturing base. We simply do not have the capacity.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mafialeader: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
bidex111:
#PressRelease

MORE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS NEUTRALIZED, LOGISTICS FACILITIES DESTROYED BY AIR TASK FORCE OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE AT MINA IN BORNO STATE

1. Several Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) have been neutralized and their logistics supplies destroyed in air strikes executed by the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE at Mina along the Gulumba Gana-Kumshe Axis in the Northern part of Borno State. The feat, which has further destabilized the BHTs’ new leadership and curtailed their freedom of action, was achieved on 3 July 2020 as part of missions being executed under the subsidiary Operation LONG REACH II; sequel to Human Intelligence reports indicating that the BHT location had recently been reinforced with fighters and logistics supplies to provide resistance against nearby friendly ground troops’ positions. Confirmatory surveillance missions also observed significant numbers of terrorists in the settlement.

2. Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets detailed by the ATF to engage the location scored accurate hits in their bombing runs, neutralizing some of the BHTs and destroying some of their structures, including one of the terrorists’ logistics’ huts which was seen engulfed in flames. Some of the fighters who escaped the bomb attacks were mopped as the jets strafed their hiding positions.

3. The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, commends the ATF for their dedication, dexterity and professionalism. The Defence Headquarters equally urges them to intensify the air offensive against the terrorists and all other criminal elements threatening the peace and security of our beloved country.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
4 July 2020
The word NEUTRALIZED they sweet my belle grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
dragon2:

Sometimes, we should understand that people in government know better and have more info/advise than we ever will.

I support the retention of the Service Chiefs because the immediate past provides evidence against sacking wartime chiefs.

The greatest error of Goodluck Jonathan was removing Gen. Ihejirika..... and this is a fact. Ihehirika pummelled boko haram so badly that northerners were shouting. Under him, boko haram remained caged and they stood no chance. This fact is well known in the army.

Immediately Gen. Ihehirika was removed and replaced with Gen. Minimah,,,, and ACM Alex Badeh replaced Adm. Ola Ibrahim as CDS, the war went down... and spiralled out of control that boko haram started holding territories,,,, and soldiers started fleeing ..... something that never happened under Ihejirika.

When you sack Gen. Buratai and AVM Sadiq Abubakar,,, the new service chiefs would need at least 3 months to set-up and consolidate their machinery.... that is 3months of refresh for boko haram,,, as happened with Gen. Minimah. And we take the war back to square 2.

Please understand that govt is govt and they know more than you ever will ....

Please, changing service chiefs now does not help you. It does not affect you.... Nigeria needs them to remain there for now...President Buhari is not stupid

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Sometimes, we should understand that people in government know better and have more info/advise than we ever will.

I support the retention of the Service Chiefs because the immediate past provides evidence against sacking wartime chiefs.

The greatest error of Goodluck Jonathan was removing Gen. Ihejirika..... and this is a fact. Ihehirika pummelled boko haram so badly that northerners were shouting. Under him, boko haram remained caged and they stood no chance. This fact is well known in the army.

Immediately Gen. Ihehirika was removed and replaced with Gen. Minimah,,,, and ACM Alex Badeh replaced Adm. Ola Ibrahim as CDS, the war went down... and spiralled out of control that boko haram started holding territories,,,, and soldiers started fleeing ..... something that never happened under Ihejirika.

When you sack Gen. Buratai and AVM Sadiq Abubakar,,, the new service chiefs would need at least 3 months to set-up and consolidate their machinery.... that is 3months of refresh for boko haram,,, as happened with Gen. Minimah. And we take the war back to square 2.

Please, changing service chiefs now does not help you. It does not affect you.... Nigeria needs them to remain there for now...President Buhari is not stupid
God bless your father..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

We can Replace the Army Chief with the GOC of 7th Division cool I do not think a GOC of 7th Division will need three months to understand the technicalities of this Ongoing War.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

We can Replace the Army Chief with the GOC of 7th Division cool I do not think a GOC of 7th Division will need three months to understand the technicalities of this Ongoing War.

You don't choose for the president na. And why replace Buratai ? Please continue giving us info.... You know little.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

You don't choose for the president na. And why replace Buratai ? We have not forgiven the evil GOC of 7th division... very evil and stupid man. Please continue giving us info.... You know little.

I don't choose for him definitely. But like you said we all know little. Let's all enjoy the ride for now wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
Toju200:
can't tell.. U heard em somewhere?
I only know of the UGV DICON is developing.
I don't know of any...I was just asking..
lol..that UGV is kinda worthless to the field
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
komekn:

From what l have seen the NA does not have a definitive IFV in its armoury.

However, the Russians have described the 1970's Russian BMP-1 as an IFV. That's very debatable because it's armour is very light.

In my opinion considering our non existent industrial manufacturing base. We simply do not have the capacity.

I think we have the capacity to produce IFV.
Proforce would make the vehicle body while Dicon and demfas would make the RWS, Russia would provide us with cannon, gpmg, AGL, and if possible rocket launchers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
youghs:

I don't know of any...I was just asking..

lol..that UGV is kinda worthless to the field
dat one na still prototype na.
At least it has GPMG.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
sukhoi 30 MKA spotted yesterday during the return ceremony of skulls of 24 algerian resistance fighters decapitated during France's colonial occupation (1830-1840) and which had been stored for decades in a Paris museum

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
COUNTER-INSURGENCY: CAS COMMENDS AIR TASK FORCE, CHARGES THEM TO INTENSIFY OPERATIONS FOR TOTAL DEFEAT OF INSURGENTS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has commended the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE (OPLD) for the successes recorded in its renewed offensive against Boko Haram Terrorists (BHT)/Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) elements in the North East of the Country under subsidiary Operations LONG REACH I and II, stating that he was pleased with the progress made so far. He however urged the ATF to sustain the onslaught in order to ensure total defeat of the terrorists. The CAS disclosed this today, 4 July 2020, while addressing personnel of the ATF at the end of his 3-day operational visit to Maiduguri to assess the conduct of the Counter-Insurgency Operation.

Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar, while conveying the appreciation of the entire NAF family to the ATF for its relentless efforts in the fight against insurgency, remarked that Operations LONG REACH I and II had been very fruitful in further destabilizing the BHTs’ new leadership and curtailing their freedom of action within the Theatre. He noted that this was the hallmark of successful air interdiction missions - “to destroy the enemies’ eggs in their nests before they can be brought to bear against friendly forces or innocent civilians”. According to him, “we are satisfied, we are very excited that you are making substantial progress in ensuring that the Boko Haram Terrorists are eliminated in the North East, so that our people can go back to their farms and live their normal lives”.

The CAS highlighted that the NAF’s ability to operate simultaneously in multiple Theatres of Operation, including the North East, North West and North Central, amongst others, were only made possible because of the Federal Government’s support to the Service, which had enabled it to acquire 22 brand new aircraft. He noted that this capability would be further boosted when the 16 other aircraft being expected; 12 Super Tucano attack aircraft, 3 JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighter jets and an additional Mi-171E helicopter; are delivered. He disclosed that selected air and ground crews for the JF-17 Thunder had already started their training in Pakistan, while those nominated for the Super Tucano would soon commence their training. Air Marshal Abubakar equally revealed that the NAF’s operational capability had also been enhanced because it had been able to reactivate about 25 erstwhile grounded aircraft within the past 5 years. He highlighted that one of these was the ATR-42 Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft (NAF 930), which had just returned to Nigeria after completing Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) in Germany. He added that the aircraft would soon be redeployed to the North East to further enhance the ATF’s intelligence gathering capabilities.

Air Marshal Abubakar therefore expressed appreciation to the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, as well as the National Assembly for their support to the NAF towards meeting its air power goals. He equally thanked the Governments and people of the frontline States of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa for their continued support to the Service. Air Marshal Abubakar also specially commended the ATF Commander, Air Commodore Precious Amadi, as well as his officers, airmen and airwomen for their hard work and dedication to duty which, he said, was evident in the intensive rate of effort, with missions being conducted day and night to attack terrorists’ targets as well as provide support to ground troops, whenever required. He emphasized that the existing synergy with the Nigerian Army and other security agencies must be strengthened to ensure total victory. He said the NAF Headquarters (HQ), on its part, would continue to provide the necessary support so that platforms are available, logistics requirements are promptly provided, personnel are adequately trained and personnel’s welfare needs are properly addressed to enable them execute their constitutionally assigned tasks more effectively and efficiently.

Before departing Maiduguri, the CAS, who was accompanied on the visit by the Chief of Training and Operations, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) James Gwani; Chief of Aircraft Engineering, AVM Musibau Olatunji; Chief of Logistics, AVM Mohammed Yakubu; as well as Directors from HQ NAF, took time to individually interact with the crews of all the NAF platforms deployed to the OPLD Theatre, including the Super Puma and Mi-35M Helicopter fleets; Alpha Jets and L-39ZA Jets; CH-3A Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) as well as the Beechcraft King Air and ATR-42 ISR aircraft crew members, where he again commended them for their consistent crucial roles in the fight against insurgency. He urged them to sustain the tempo of operations whilst continuing to display professionalism in the performance of their duties.

It would be recalled that the ATF of Operation LAFIYA DOLE conducted subsidiary Operation LONG REACH I from 16 - 27 June 2020 and commenced the currently ongoing Operation LONG REACH II on 2 July 2020.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
4 July 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Can someone confirm this?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
ugo4u:
Can someone confirm this?
well first the pics is just an illustration I don't think UN Humanitarian service Operate Mil17 in Nigeria only Bell 412 I know secondly it didn't crash it safely returned back to The airstrip...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.