Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028892 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
Toju200:
well first the pics is just an illustration I don't think UN Humanitarian service Operate Mil17 in Nigeria only Bell 412 I know secondly it didn't crash it safely returned back to The airstrip...

It only had bullet holes and safely got back to Maiduguri. Luckily it was just the crewmen going to Damasak for pickups. Tho they have cancelled all flights for next week. More relaxation in Maiduguri cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Whyem15:
[/b]Many of us here have noted the disparities between the numbers of terrorists killed and number of weapons recovered,well I recently read a comment from a COIN expert (David Otto Endely) that the idea of the super camps have greatly limited their access to arms and ammunition. We all remember how they used to overrun FOBs with superior numbers and firepower and leave with large caches of weapons. There are rarely small formations of troops for them to overrun and collect weapons from so they've resorted into giving one riffle to about 5 terrorists to share, when one dies, another picks the riffle up and so on
The COIN expert is so so wrong about this. What you're talking about have been happening since the days of Ihejirika. Are you new on this thread? If you start from the first page, you will see this is how it has always been.

They will tell you 10 terrorist was killed in a shootout, then show you 2-3 AK47. Then they will tell us they are chasing the rest of the terrorist. This is how it has always been. Once in a while, they do show huge cache of weapons captured from boko haram.

You can go through this thread and see for yourself.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Sometimes, we should understand that people in government know better and have more info/advise than we ever will.

I support the retention of the Service Chiefs because the immediate past provides evidence against sacking wartime chiefs.

The greatest error of Goodluck Jonathan was removing Gen. Ihejirika..... and this is a fact. Ihehirika pummelled boko haram so badly that northerners were shouting. Under him, boko haram remained caged and they stood no chance. This fact is well known in the army.

Immediately Gen. Ihehirika was removed and replaced with Gen. Minimah,,,, and ACM Alex Badeh replaced Adm. Ola Ibrahim as CDS, the war went down... and spiralled out of control that boko haram started holding territories,,,, and soldiers started fleeing ..... something that never happened under Ihejirika.

When you sack Gen. Buratai and AVM Sadiq Abubakar,,, the new service chiefs would need at least 3 months to set-up and consolidate their machinery.... that is 3months of refresh for boko haram,,, as happened with Gen. Minimah. And we take the war back to square 2.

Please understand that govt is govt and they know more than you ever will ....

Please, changing service chiefs now does not help you. It does not affect you.... Nigeria needs them to remain there for now...President Buhari is not stupid

That may be your proposition as a reflection of your own personal limitations and understanding. But don't assume everyone is like you.

My view, is that we need to understand there is a multiplicity of highly inept and incompetence people in government. Who's claim to prominence is anchored on nepotism, favoritism and loyalty to the powers that be.

Then when you add the driving force behind most decision is predominantly self- interest which essentially means CORRUPTION.

And as a consequence we should question absolutely everything all decisions of government.

Knowledge and capacity is not the exclusive preserve of Burutai. There are many far better competence, knowledgeable and more honourable officers in the NA.

My view SACK HIM TODAY and PROBE HIM IMMEDIATELY.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

It only had bullet holes and safely got back to Maiduguri. Luckily it was just the crewmen going to Damasak for pickups. Tho they have cancelled all flights for next week. More relaxation in Maiduguri cool

Nah wah o. See wetin punch dey talk for here
The Punch newspaper report says that two person were killed, including a 5yrs old boy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
BabaOwen:
Nah wah o. See wetin punch dey talk for here
The Punch newspaper report says that two person were killed, including a 5yrs old boy

https://punchng.com/boko-haram-attacks-un-helicopter-kills-two/

A 5 yrs old boy in a UNHAS Heli? grin . Punch did not understand the UN message

So I'll spend another week in Maiduguri grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:42am On Jul 05, 2020
Toju200:
dat one na still prototype na.
At least it has GPMG.

Maybe if the height is raised sha...cos at that level I don't think it would be able to see it's targets at far distance and it can also be captured easily.
Buh they would definitely know what they are doing
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:19am On Jul 05, 2020
It is evident from recent encounters with Boko Haram/ISWAP that the resilience of the troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE is being sustained across the North-East Theater of operation resulting to high BHT/ISWAP casualties on both men and equipment as well as capture or surrendering of some of their fighters. In their resolve to end BHT/ISWAP menace in the North-East region, between 1 – 30 June 2020, the gallant troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE had a total of 17 encounters with the marauding criminals, neutralizing 75 of them in the process. The encounters also led to the capture of assorted arms and large cache of ammunition including one Anti-Aircraft Gun, 13 AK 47 Rifles, one Sniper Rifle, 21 locally made guns, 2 Dane guns and one Rocket Propelled Gun. Others include 3 Hand Grenades, 5 Rocket Propelled Gun bombs, 205 rounds of Anti-Aircraft ammunition, 1018 rounds of 7.62mm Special ammunition. Also captured were 2 Boko Haram criminals’ flags.
In the same vein, one Gun Truck, one Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device, one Toyota Starlet car and several makeshift structures belonging to the terrorists were destroyed by the valiant troops within the period. Regrettably, one officer paid the supreme price while one soldier was wounded in action.The wounded personnel has since been evacuated to a military medical facility where he is recuperating.
Equally, 4 BHT/ISWAP criminals including 2 women namely Aishatu Manye and Kelune Mate were captured and later identified to be the wives of the local Boko Haram commander at Gajingi in Madagali LGA of Adamawa State. Also, the troops arrested one Boko Haram spy named Kawalu during a Jumaat prayer at Michika Central Mosque and one Boko Haram fighter captured in the aftermath of an encounter at Miyanti general area in Bama LGA of Borno State. The period under review also witnessed 4 surrenders by Boko Haram criminals. The trio of Mohammed Babagana, Modu Jugudun and Alhaji Usman surrendered to troops of Delta Company at Strong Response Area Pulka in Gwoza LGA of Borno State while one Mustapha Kori surrendered to troops of Army Super Camp 11 Gamboru in Ngala LGA of Borno State.
It is equally heart-warming to note that, during the period, troops rescued 35 captives from the captivity of BHTs/ ISWAP criminals. Amongst those rescued are 18 women, 16 children and one adult male. The rescued children were promptly administered with Polio vaccine in line with the Buratai Intervention Initiative while the women were administered with First Aid as required.
The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai commends the troops for the resilience and patriotism they continue to demonstrate in crushing the remnants of BHTs/ISWAP criminals. He also urges them to maintain the tempo against the criminals as we approach the end of insurgency in our country. In a similar vein, the Military High Command encourages the troops of LAFIYA DOLE to remain resolute in curtailing the activities of terrorists and their collaborators in the North-East zone of the country. The High Command equally appreciates Nigerians for their support and urges them to continue providing timely information to troops on activities of BHTs/ISWAP collaborators in their respective localities for prompt and effective action.
JOHN ENENCHE

Major General

Coordinator

Defence Media Operations

Defence Headquarters

5 July 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sunday All

This is a battle field discussion thread....I will like anybody that has an opinion to comment on this my question.

Why do Boko Haram overrun some(remember I said some) Military bases??(some of the bases have enough men to secure them)

1) Is it because of Lack of Ammunitions and Equipment:(Remember after successfully overruning the base, the loot weapons and Ammunitions.)

2)Is it because of Lack of Confidence??(Most times we hear of soldiers Neutralizing these attacks).

3) Is it based on their training?? (Somebody once said here that Depot graduates 4000+ recuits at once. Is it that during training their are not taught how to coordinate and return effective fire during attacks??

Gentlemen let us debate cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
joshingjosh:
Happy Sunday All

This is a battle field discussion thread....I will like anybody that has an opinion to comment on this my question.

Why do Boko Haram overrun some(remember I said some) Military bases??(some of the bases have enough men to secure them)

1) Is it because of Lack of Ammunitions and Equipment:(Remember after successfully overruning the base, the loot weapons and Ammunitions.)

2)Is it because of Lack of Confidence??(Most times we hear of soldiers Neutralizing these attacks).

3) Is it based on their training?? (Somebody once said here that Depot graduates 4000+ recuits at once. Is it that during training their are not taught how to coordinate and return effective fire during attacks??

1) Most atimes it is as a result of poor situational awareness, Boko guys will collect intels on the numerical strength of our troops, equipments etc and triple that number with high volume fire using unconventional weapons such as AA, SVBIED, RPGs etc and all other weapons that goes against Geneva convention. Again the said base may be in an isolated area with weak defensive setup so atimes it is easier for Boko to engage them for hours since they know backup either from other land forces or the NAF won't come ontime to rescue the situation. This is one of the reasons army super camp was setup and so far it has being a success because many soldiers were pulled out from their outposts to fortify bases but not w/o disadvantage as it has given BH leeway to operate freely in ungoverned areas.
2) It's not necessarily because of that most atimes it could be as a result of faulty equipments such as unserviceable vehicles, tanks etc that will enable them do their job effortlessly and as a soldier if your equipment fails you the only option is to japaa( tactical retreat) so that you will live to fight another day.
3) No matter how poorly trained we feel recruits are, they are better trained than the Insurgents, sometimes the media blow some of these attacks out of proportion and also the military have done a shoddy job in the other part of the war which is Media propaganda. I don't think Bokoharam fighters are trained for more than 3 weeks after which they are shipped like zombies to fight. If you even see some of the videos of their attacks the way they move and fire their weapons if you're a trained eye you will notice that they lack coordination or discipline, they take advantage of numbers, ambushes and suicide attacks to win battles collateral damage isn't their business.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:

1) Most atimes it is as a result of poor situational awareness, Boko guys will collect intels on the numerical strength of our troops and triple that number with high volume fire using unconventional weapons such as AA, SVBIED, RPGs etc. The said base maybe in an isolated area with weak defensive setup so it will be easier for Boko to engage them for hours since they know backup either from other land forces or the NAF won't come ontime to rescue the situation.
2) It's not necessarily because of that most atimes it could be as a result of faulty equipments such as unserviceable vehicles, tanks etc that will enable them do their job effortlessly and as a soldier if your equipment fails you the only option is to japaa( tactical retreat) so that you will live to fight another day.
3) No matter how poorly trained we feel recruits are, they are better trained than the Insurgents, sometimes the media blow some of these attacks out of proportion and also the military have done a shoddy job the other part of the war which is Media propaganda. I don't think Bokoharam fighters are trained for more than 3 weeks after which they are shipped like zombies to fight. If you even see some of the videos of their attacks the way they move and fire their weapons if you're a trained eye you will notice that they lack coordination or discipline, they take advantage of numbers, ambushes and suicide attacks to win battles.

It couldn't have been said any better.. Spot on

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
joshingjosh:
Happy Sunday All

1) Ammunition might not fully be a factor only. As most Bokoharam attacks on Military base are with Toyota Guntrucks.

2) Our Soldiers morale are kinda low bro. Some already got the feeling that this war is politicised and corruption by top heads of which they are not ready to pay the supreme. Sometimes Bokoharam attacks a base with fewer Guntrucks that what the military base has in it's stock.

3) The Psyche of our Government/Top Military needs to change. We are giving the Bastards so much room by not taking the war to their households. We cannot defeat these bastards by Repelling only. "Haba an Nnamdi with an AK 47 comes to my house and we engage each other in a shootout, next week Nnamdi comes and we engage in a shootout , Next month Nnamdi visits again and we engage in a shootout. I no need brain to tell me say I suppose go search for Nnamdi on the streets to fall am na because if I keep on waiting for Nnamdi's visit soon I'll be scared of watching the English premier league in my sitting Room with my back on my window.

Repelling has now become a sign of Victory on how to end this Insurgency war by our leaders angry.... like WTF?

4) Too many stories on how the top Military diverts funds meant for fallen heroes and how they are so quick to chase the families of fallen heroes out of the barracks without their entitlements. Go and see most hotels now being builts in Kaduna and even Abuja by Military heads. The worst is those soldiers Missing in Action. Voicemail things.

We need to take this war to these Blood savage thirsty Terrorists and send them to judgement ASAP.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
youghs:

It couldn't have been said any better.. Spot on
(*4) - I don't think it's quite fair for you to say the cadets are poorly trained, the 6months they spend at jaji can only be describe as an initio training, along their carriers, they partake in various courses depending on their units

E.g the amphibious train school(ATS), in calabar
It runs courses for amphibious units right after they are posted, I.e calabar
There's the boat course I through 3, and a vast arrray of other courses, before you are promoted there are cateria to be met, one among others is to complete this various courses

Again, before been deployed to the N.E, there are sent to jaji 3 month before hand for Specialized CT/CION training, they work with BMATT and other partners

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:

1) Most atimes it is as a result of poor situational awareness, Boko guys will collect intels on the numerical strength of our troops, equipments etc and triple that number with high volume fire using unconventional weapons such as AA, SVBIED, RPGs etc and all other weapons that goes against Geneva convention. Again the said base may be in an isolated area with weak defensive setup so atimes it is easier for Boko to engage them for hours since they know backup either from other land forces or the NAF won't come ontime to rescue the situation. This is one of the reasons army super camp was setup and so far it has being a success because many soldiers were pulled out from their outposts to fortify bases but not w/o disadvantage as it has given BH leeway to operate freely in ungoverned areas.
3) No matter how poorly trained we feel recruits are, they are better trained than the Insurgents, sometimes the media blow some of these attacks out of proportion and also the military have done a shoddy job in the other part of the war which is Media propaganda. I don't think Bokoharam fighters are trained for more than 3 weeks after which they are shipped like zombies to fight. If you even see some of the videos of their attacks the way they move and fire their weapons if you're a trained eye you will notice that they lack coordination or discipline, they take advantage of numbers, ambushes and suicide attacks to win battles collateral damage isn't their business.

Everything you have said is either total Balderdash for instance with regards to Geneva convention.

Or assumptive ignorance with no substance, you talk about bases being isolated, and as such by implication defensively and offensively weak and compromised. That's a nonsensical proposition.

The first casualty of War is truth. The NA has never in its history within the civil disposition that started in 1999 been so politicised as it now under Burutai.

The Nigerian Army has been spewing out its own propaganda it's not the exclusive preserve of Boko haram. We have had the Governor and elected members in the National Assembly very vocally contradict the reports of the PMB with regards to large territorial control by Boko in Borno.

The so called unserviceable equipment claim has some credence but not entirely. The same dead equipment is then used by Boko or destroyed by them. It's argued that the larger % of Boko harams weaponry is captured from the NA.

Your entire write up seems the sort of presentation the Nigerian Army PR machinery would present not anybody with independent thought.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
lebuhsi:

(*4) - I don't think it's quite fair for you to say the cadets are poorly trained, the 6months they spend at jaji can only be describe as an initio training, along their carriers, they partake in various courses depending on their units

E.g the amphibious train school(ATS), in calabar
It runs courses for amphibious units right after they are posted, I.e calabar
There's the boat course I through 3, and a vast arrray of other courses, before you are promoted there are cateria to be met, one among others is to complete this various courses

Again, before been deployed to the N.E, there are sent to jaji 3 month before hand for Specialized CT/CION training, they work with BMATT and other partners

First of all to make a deduction on quality there has to be a comparison index with key performance indicators for that measurement to be objective and not emotive sentiment based.

When l look at the gross crazy indiscipline and many a time consistent deranged behaviour. Expressed on the public domain predominantly by NCO's but quite shocking by even officers but worst of all out cadets at the NDA the supposed bright future. I simply shake my head in disbelief.

Where is the co-relationship concept of " Gentleman and a officer " most of our combatants behaviour is like wild dogs and civilian are thier target practice. That's an outcome deliver of our training, this a hard bitter TRUTH that many will not find palatable.

In most cases you have the physical training and methodology that can all be totally negated ny mentality and prevalent behaviour that creates the overriding organisational culture.

I have considerable association with Nigerian, Turkish, British, German and US combatants. So l inadvertently make comparison.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

1) Ammunition might not fully be a factor only. As most Bokoharam attacks on Military base are with Toyota Guntrucks.

2) Our Soldiers morale are kinda low bro. Some already got the feeling that this war is politicised and corruption by top heads of which they are not ready to pay the supreme. Sometimes Bokoharam attacks a base with fewer Guntrucks that what the military base has in it's stock.

3) The Psyche of our Government/Top Military needs to change. We are giving the Bastards so much room by not taking the war to their households. We cannot defeat these bastards by Repelling only. "Haba an Nnamdi with an AK 47 comes to my house and we engage each other in a shootout, next week Nnamdi comes and we engage in a shootout , Next month Nnamdi visits again and we engage in a shootout. I no need brain to tell me say I suppose go search for Nnamdi on the streets to fall am na because if I keep on waiting for Nnamdi's visit soon I'll be scared of watching the English premier league in my sitting Room with my back on my window.

Repelling has now become a sign of Victory on how to end this Insurgency war by our leaders angry.... like WTF?

4) Too many stories on how the top Military diverts funds meant for fallen heroes and how they are so quick to chase the families of fallen heroes out of the barracks without their entitlements. Go and see most hotels now being builts in Kaduna and even Abuja by Military heads. The worst is those soldiers Missing in Action. Voicemail things.

We need to take this war to these Blood savage thirsty Terrorists and send them to judgement ASAP.

You're are not far from the truth bro!

I think the short coming of front line troops boils down to low morale, and the staggering distrust non-commissioned soldiers have for the top echelon of the military, just a few days ago, I was having a chat with someone that just came back from the front lines for a 2weeks pass, even when you would think he has first hand knowledge of the dynamics of the conflict, he was very adamant when tried to convince me that the military chiefs and the president!...was behind boko haram, and that if they let them, they could end the conflict in 2weeks!...and they just sent them to their deaths so they can allocate and steal money to fuel the conflict, I was shocked, but then, it wasn't news to me, because time and again, I've heard this same stuff from others, this men sacrifice a lot for themselves and families,and also for the country, it's really sad to hear they think they do this to protect the interest of corrupt politicians and officials

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
joshingjosh:
Happy Sunday All

Are we ready for that debate are we ready to face hard truths.

We have two main camps here.

The first one is the Nigerian armed forces can do no wrong and any criticism is an act of subversion and treason group .

The second is the knowledge based group mostly objective but still critical.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
komekn:

First of all to make a deduction on quality there has to be a comparison index with key performance indicators for that measurement to be objective and not emotive sentiment based.

When l look at the gross crazy indiscipline and many a time consistent deranged behaviour.

Where is the co-relationship concept of " Gentleman and a officer " most of our combatants behaviour is like wild dogs and civilian are thier target practice. That's an outcome deliver of our training, this a hard bitter TRUTH that many will not find palatable.

In most ended you have the physical training and methodology that can all be totally negated ny mentality and prevalent behaviour that creates the overriding organisational culture.

I have considerable association with Nigerian, Turkish, British, German and US combatants. So l inadvertently make comparison.

The perception that civilians are to be treated as 2nd class citizens haven't helped either, I lot of my peers have joined various branches of the Nigerian military and i unequivocally tell you their attitude towards other citizens are very 'civil'...

The pre 90's generation had and still have a certain perspective of how things should be, been born and brought up in a very militarized era, you can't really blame them, things are changing for the better as it concerns civil-military relations, you can see the efforts of the military to work with local populations in front line areas, the process been made by NAF and NN, the NA is late to the party, but it is improving albeit slowly

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
komekn:

The first one is the Nigerian armed forces can do no wring and any criticism is an act of subversion and treason group .

Facts cool

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
komekn:

The first one is the Nigerian armed forces can do no wring and any criticism is an act of subversion and treason group .

waiting for you to highlight your last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hennynitan(m): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
komekn:

Knowledge based

So those who praise the army don't have knowledge.

You are just calling kettle black. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Stop feeling insecure about others believe. Knowledge can never be segmented or partial.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
lebuhsi:

The perception that civilians are to be treated as 2nd class citizens haven't helped either, I lot of my peers have joined various branches of the Nigerian military and i unequivocally tell you their attitude towards other citizens are very 'civil'...

The pre 90's generation had and still have a certain perspective of how things should be, been born and brought up in a very militarized era, you can't really blame them, things are changing for the better as it concerns civil-military relations, you can see the efforts of the military to work with local populations in front line areas, the process been made by NAF and NN, the NA is late to the party, but it is improving albeit slowly
the bolded is a key factor as to why the Armed forces lack that civilian care, support and love.

The airforce and navy are doing a pretty decent job in terms of reconstructing this broken relationship.

But the army I think would need a complete overhaul. cry
You can't win a war without the civil support.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
Toju200:
COUNTER-INSURGENCY: CAS COMMENDS AIR TASK FORCE, CHARGES THEM TO INTENSIFY OPERATIONS FOR TOTAL DEFEAT OF INSURGENTS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has commended the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE (OPLD) for the successes recorded in its renewed offensive against Boko Haram Terrorists (BHT)/Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) elements in the North East of the Country under subsidiary Operations LONG REACH I and II, stating that he was pleased with the progress made so far. He however urged the ATF to sustain the onslaught in order to ensure total defeat of the terrorists. The CAS disclosed this today, 4 July 2020, while addressing personnel of the ATF at the end of his 3-day operational visit to Maiduguri to assess the conduct of the Counter-Insurgency Operation.

Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar, while conveying the appreciation of the entire NAF family to the ATF for its relentless efforts in the fight against insurgency, remarked that Operations LONG REACH I and II had been very fruitful in further destabilizing the BHTs’ new leadership and curtailing their freedom of action within the Theatre. He noted that this was the hallmark of successful air interdiction missions - “to destroy the enemies’ eggs in their nests before they can be brought to bear against friendly forces or innocent civilians”. According to him, “we are satisfied, we are very excited that you are making substantial progress in ensuring that the Boko Haram Terrorists are eliminated in the North East, so that our people can go back to their farms and live their normal lives”.

The CAS highlighted that the NAF’s ability to operate simultaneously in multiple Theatres of Operation, including the North East, North West and North Central, amongst others, were only made possible because of the Federal Government’s support to the Service, which had enabled it to acquire 22 brand new aircraft. He noted that this capability would be further boosted when the 16 other aircraft being expected; 12 Super Tucano attack aircraft, 3 JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighter jets and an additional Mi-171E helicopter; are delivered. He disclosed that selected air and ground crews for the JF-17 Thunder had already started their training in Pakistan, while those nominated for the Super Tucano would soon commence their training. Air Marshal Abubakar equally revealed that the NAF’s operational capability had also been enhanced because it had been able to reactivate about 25 erstwhile grounded aircraft within the past 5 years. He highlighted that one of these was the ATR-42 Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft (NAF 930), which had just returned to Nigeria after completing Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) in Germany. He added that the aircraft would soon be redeployed to the North East to further enhance the ATF’s intelligence gathering capabilities.

Air Marshal Abubakar therefore expressed appreciation to the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, as well as the National Assembly for their support to the NAF towards meeting its air power goals. He equally thanked the Governments and people of the frontline States of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa for their continued support to the Service. Air Marshal Abubakar also specially commended the ATF Commander, Air Commodore Precious Amadi, as well as his officers, airmen and airwomen for their hard work and dedication to duty which, he said, was evident in the intensive rate of effort, with missions being conducted day and night to attack terrorists’ targets as well as provide support to ground troops, whenever required. He emphasized that the existing synergy with the Nigerian Army and other security agencies must be strengthened to ensure total victory. He said the NAF Headquarters (HQ), on its part, would continue to provide the necessary support so that platforms are available, logistics requirements are promptly provided, personnel are adequately trained and personnel’s welfare needs are properly addressed to enable them execute their constitutionally assigned tasks more effectively and efficiently.

Before departing Maiduguri, the CAS, who was accompanied on the visit by the Chief of Training and Operations, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) James Gwani; Chief of Aircraft Engineering, AVM Musibau Olatunji; Chief of Logistics, AVM Mohammed Yakubu; as well as Directors from HQ NAF, took time to individually interact with the crews of all the NAF platforms deployed to the OPLD Theatre, including the Super Puma and Mi-35M Helicopter fleets; Alpha Jets and L-39ZA Jets; CH-3A Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) as well as the Beechcraft King Air and ATR-42 ISR aircraft crew members, where he again commended them for their consistent crucial roles in the fight against insurgency. He urged them to sustain the tempo of operations whilst continuing to display professionalism in the performance of their duties.

It would be recalled that the ATF of Operation LAFIYA DOLE conducted subsidiary Operation LONG REACH I from 16 - 27 June 2020 and commenced the currently ongoing Operation LONG REACH II on 2 July 2020.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
4 July 2020

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
Concl

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Pictures here shows part of CH-3 drone tail/wings.
I know the light tall man with nose mask in picture is a drone pilot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
NIGERIAN ARMY DAY CELEBRATION: CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF INAUGURATES SEVERAL PROJECTS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, Assures Nigerians of Army's Resolve to Combat Insecurity

1. In line with the desire of the Chief of Army Staff to uplift the living standards of army personnel and ensure excellent civil-military relations, various vital projects that were either constructed or refurbished have just been inaugurated in all the eight Divisions of the NA located across the country in commemoration of the year 2020 Army Day Celebration. Some of the projects Commissioned are in the areas of troops' living accommodation, office accommodation, Clinics/hospitals, schools, roads construction and corporate social responsibility/intervention activities in many communities in Nigeria.

2. In 1 Division Kaduna, a total of 138 flats of accommodation for personnel of the Nigerian Army have been commissioned in Dalet Barracks and Ribadu Cantonment for the benefit of army personnel and their families among other projects.

Similarly, in 2 Division Area of Responsibility, the newly built Headquarters 32 Artillery Brigade Complex, Corporal and Below Quarters, Brigade's Medical Centre and a Guard House were inaugurated.

Additionally, the foundation laying of Barracks Investment Initiative Programme (paultry farm) and Commisssioning of Community Civic Centre at Uhonmora-Ora Community in Owan West LGA of Edo State were also done during this period.

3. While in 3 Armoured Division Jos, numerous projects including a huge Multi Purpose Cooperative Society, Rhino Officers' Mess Charlets, Rhino Officers Mes Sit-Out Garden and NAOWA Admin Office were inaugurated for the benefits of the Nigerian Army personnel and their families.

Equally, in 6 Division Portharcourt, TY Buratai Subaltern Lodge, Transit Accommodation for Soldiers, Physical Cloak Room, 6 Division Garrison Kitchen and an Office Complex were successfully completed and inaugurated.

Additionally, Brigade Medical Centre, kitchen, a mosque and a chappel as well as K9 Kennel have been equally commissioned.

4. As part of the Nigerian Army's social responsibility initiatives intended to create and sustain excellent civil military relations, some troops of 7 Division Maiduguri Conducted Cleaning up of streets and clearing of gutters along Baga road market, Maiduguri town, Borno State as part of the activities marking the Nigerian Army Day Celebration 2020 to the admiration of the public in Maiduguri metropolis. Also, a newly built Camp Delta Force Quick Reaction Base has been commisaioned to facilitate reaction time in the efforts to end terrorism in the area.

5. Additionally, 585 Signal Regiment Office accommodation, Dental Clinic and Maternity Wards of 8 Division Hospital, 26 Battalion Parade Ground, the Battalion's Arms Store, Operations Room and Hall of Fame and Solar Energy Power Project have been completed and commissioned during the period, in addition to provision of free medical assistance and Sanitation exercise in some areas in 8 Division Area of Responsibility.

6. In 81 Division Lagos, a newly reconstructed Nigerian Army Barracks Epe was commissioned.

While in Ikeja Military Cantonment, several projects were commissioned which included the newly built Nigerian Army Aviation Pilots' accommodation, newly renovated Corporal and Below Quarters and the remodelled 9 Brigade Officers' Mess and a disinfecting tunnel donated by hypo company were also inaugurated.

7. Accordingly, in 82 Division Area of Responsibility, in addition to routine provision of free medical services to hundreds of people in many communities, the six newly constructed blocks of classrooms at community and local education authority schools at Umakohia Ubi Community in Owerri West local Government Area of Imo State have been commissioned among other projects.

8. Instructively, all the projects were inaugurated on behalf of the COAS Lt Gen TY Buratai. Gen Buratai urged all the beneficiries in the various barracks, Cantonments and the lucky communities across the country to take care of the projects for the benefits of their respective communities. He enjoined the communities to continue to cooperate and support the Nigerian Army and other security agencies in the spirited efforts to end terrorism and other insecurities in Nigeria. He used the opportunity to appreciate and thank all Nigerians for their patience and understanding.

*4 July 2020*
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
komekn:

The first one is the Nigerian armed forces can do no wring and any criticism is an act of subversion and treason group .[/b]

[b]

The tyrant always believes he is fighting for the good of his people,
Any opinion that seems to support the military is seen as wrong. That shows the kind of person u are...pple must agree with u "DOLE"
Can u piint one person that belongs to ur first category
But I can point pple that belongs to the emotional, and nonsensical category who never applaud the military even for good things, just say what u wanna say and stop beating around the bush like u have something new to say

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
Texman21:
waiting for you to highlight your last paragraph.
You go wait tire, otherwise he will bombard with English

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
TROOPS OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE SUSTAIN THEIR ONSLAUGHT AGAINST BOKO HARAM/ISWAP CRIMINALS ACROSS THE NORTH-EAST

1. It is evident from recent encounters with Boko Haram/ISWAP that the resilience of the troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE is being sustained across the North-East Theater of operation resulting to high BHT/ISWAP casualties on both men and equipment as well as capture or surrendering of some of their fighters. In their resolve to end BHT/ISWAP menace in the North-East region, between 1 – 30 June 2020, the gallant troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE had a total of 17 encounters with the marauding criminals, neutralizing 75 of them in the process. The encounters also led to the capture of assorted arms and large cache of ammunition including one Anti-Aircraft Gun, 13 AK 47 Rifles, one Sniper Rifle, 21 locally made guns, 2 Dane guns and one Rocket Propelled Gun. Others include 3 Hand Grenades, 5 Rocket Propelled Gun bombs, 205 rounds of Anti-Aircraft ammunition, 1018 rounds of 7.62mm Special ammunition. Also captured were 2 Boko Haram criminals’ flags.

2. In the same vein, one Gun Truck, one Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device, one Toyota Starlet car and several makeshift structures belonging to the terrorists were destroyed by the valiant troops within the period. Regrettably, one officer paid the supreme price while one soldier was wounded in action.The wounded personnel has since been evacuated to a military medical facility where he is recuperating.

3. Equally, 4 BHT/ISWAP criminals including 2 women namely Aishatu Manye and Kelune Mate were captured and later identified to be the wives of the local Boko Haram commander at Gajingi in Madagali LGA of Adamawa State. Also, the troops arrested one Boko Haram spy named Kawalu during a Jumaat prayer at Michika Central Mosque and one Boko Haram fighter captured in the aftermath of an encounter at Miyanti general area in Bama LGA of Borno State. The period under review also witnessed 4 surrenders by Boko Haram criminals. The trio of Mohammed Babagana, Modu Jugudun and Alhaji Usman surrendered to troops of Delta Company at Strong Response Area Pulka in Gwoza LGA of Borno State while one Mustapha Kori surrendered to troops of Army Super Camp 11 Gamboru in Ngala LGA of Borno State.

4. It is equally heart-warming to note that, during the period, troops rescued 35 captives from the captivity of BHTs/ ISWAP criminals. Amongst those rescued are 18 women, 16 children and one adult male. The rescued children were promptly administered with Polio vaccine in line with the Buratai Intervention Initiative while the women were administered with First Aid as required.

5. The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai commends the troops for the resilience and patriotism they continue to demonstrate in crushing the remnants of BHTs/ISWAP criminals. He also urges them to maintain the tempo against the criminals as we approach the end of insurgency in our country. In a similar vein, the Military High Command encourages the troops of LAFIYA DOLE to remain resolute in curtailing the activities of terrorists and their collaborators in the North-East zone of the country. The High Command equally appreciates Nigerians for their support and urges them to continue providing timely information to troops on activities of BHTs/ISWAP collaborators in their respective localities for prompt and effective action.

6. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium with the photos attached for the awareness of the general public. Thank you for your usual support and cooperation.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
5 July 2020

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
Concl

(1) (2) (3) ... (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.