Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3030247 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:18am On Jul 06, 2020
LTGEN:
The rumors about Nigeria buying a Submarine will not go away.�

grin shocked grin
Actually I wouldn’t call it a rumor rather a futuristic assets we plan acquiring.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:28am On Jul 06, 2020
NPF BTR

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:31am On Jul 06, 2020
bidexiii:
NPF BTR
these vehicles should be given to those SARS operatives in Borno dat Dealt with ISWAP...
I love those guys I swr grin
What they did dat day was Courageous grin

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2020
bidexiii:
NPF BTR
I wonder what all these armoured carriers are doing in less volatile region down south up to the North central. Most of this vehicles are parked in banks, and police barracks when they ought to have being massively deployed to support the operations in the northeast. Even if the police don't want to participate in the fight against Bokoharam let them kuku hand over their armoured vehicular assets to the military abeg.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:43am On Jul 06, 2020
ugo4u:

I wonder what all these armoured carriers are doing in less volatile region down south up to the North central. Most of this vehicles are parked in banks, and police barracks when they ought to have being massively deployed to support the operations in the northeast. Even if the police don't want to participate in the fight against Bokoharam let them kuku hand over their armoured vehicular assets to the military abeg.

That’s the NPF HQ in Abuja. wink

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2020
ugo4u:

These vehicles have been parked for years in police HQ Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:54am On Jul 06, 2020
bidexiii:

That’s the NPF HQ in Abuja. wink
I know, for me they are idling away there, where I stay it is not uncommon to see police APCs parked in front of privately run businesses.
The way e be these policemen very soon they'll start using it for kabukabu

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2020
Xbee007:

Yeap but they’re working !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:04am On Jul 06, 2020
[/b]On this day, 6th July 1967, The first shots of the Nigerian civil war were fired at 5:30 am in Gakem near Ogoja, Cross River State.

"6th July" is officially celebrated as "Nigerian Army Day"[b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 10:13am On Jul 06, 2020
ugo4u:

I know, for me they are idling away there, where I stay it is not uncommon to see police APCs parked in front of privately run businesses.

Now they are deploying men to handle bandits.
Perfect avenue to get this vehicles deployed and put in good use.

Sometimes I wonder if the police purchase this stuffs for fashion purposes.

But at last. The NPF will always disappoint.

I don't see this vehicles being needed within Abuja or it's environs.
It's senseless to use Toyota Hilux in Maiduguri and then keep BTR's somewhere in Abuja taking dust.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:33am On Jul 06, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

so since 2016 the military has never done anything commendable, even to the world best military expert like you(Armchair General).. Your standard is second to none in the world
Lol, I won't fall for this, let go back to the actual discussion

By your point of reference 2016 you have indicted yourself and made yourself open to claims that you are politically biased and partisan.

Your reference point is anchored entirely on the political regime of PMB. That in itself tells us where you are coming from.

The very thing we are contending again you have personified.

Can you please remind us the commendable acts of the military holistically that have given us the expected delivery outcome with regards to the SE over all.

Isolated incidents remain isolated with limited impact without over all convergence.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:40am On Jul 06, 2020
seankafor:
what is this truth you always speaking of?

Maybe Sahara reporter kinda truth undecided

When you look at war in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, what do we notice a duplicity and wide range of international media reporting live.

Some get killed in the process.

Now compare that obvious disparity with the Nigerian insurgency in NE. We have one source essentially the NA. That's not balanced and is open to manipulation.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:07am On Jul 06, 2020
lebuhsi:

(*4) - I don't think it's quite fair for you to say the cadets are poorly trained, the 6months they spend at jaji can only be describe as an initio training, along their carriers, they partake in various courses depending on their units

E.g the amphibious train school(ATS), in calabar
It runs courses for amphibious units right after they are posted, I.e calabar
There's the boat course I through 3, and a vast arrray of other courses, before you are promoted there are cateria to be met, one among others is to complete this various courses

Again, before been deployed to the N.E, there are sent to jaji 3 month before hand for Specialized CT/CION training, they work with BMATT and other partners

I know our soldiers are not poorly trained though they may not have the best training.
I think he used the paragraph to address people who attributes the fall of some bases then to poor training.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Yahoonovich(m): 11:15am On Jul 06, 2020
What NAF needs.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 11:24am On Jul 06, 2020
Yahoonovich:
What NAF needs.
the bigger they are, the harder they fall cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2020
bidexiii:
NPF BTR

What I see are old painted BTR 60 with the old gasoline engines.

There should be at least a 14.5mm HMG albeit it without laser-range finder and or thermal sights in the turret.

With regards to this one, where is your offensive weaponry that gives you overriding advantage over lightly armed bandits.

This is part of the hangover of years of military rule and the fear of upgrading the police, who are closer to civilian influence than the army and much more in numbers.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2020
seankafor:
the bigger they are, the harder they fall cheesy

grin grin grin grin
The bigger, the better and potency !

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Dismissed GOC to get reprieve over ‘impressive’ records

https://thenationonlineng.net/dismissed-goc-to-get-reprieve-over-impressive-records/amp/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) on Sunday said that four terrorists, including two women, Aishatu Manye and Kelune Mate, identified as wives of the local Boko Haram commander at Gajingi in Madagali area of Adamawa State were amongst insurgents captured alive in the 17 operations successfully conducted by the military last month in renewed efforts to end insurgents’ activities in the country.

This was contained in a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja by the Coordinator Defence Media Operations (DMO) Major John Enenche.

He added that in the same vein, 75 members of the criminal group were eliminated in 17 encounters in the month of June just as the sustained onslaught by the troops also resulted in surrendering of a number of insurgents during the month.

Gen Enenche further explained that the troops also arrested one Boko Haram spy named Kawalu, in Michika while another Boko Haram fighter was captured in an encounter at Miyanti general area in Bama area of Borno.

He revealed that the encounters also led to the recovery of assorted arms and a large cache of ammunition, including one anti-aircraft gun, 13 AK-47 rifles, one sniper rifle, 21 locally made guns, two Dane guns, and one rocket-propelled gun.

According to him, “the trio of Mohammed Babagana, Modu Jugudun and Alhaji Usman surrendered to troops of Delta Company at Strong Response Area, Pulka, in Gwoza, while one Mustapha Kori surrendered to troops of Army Super Camp 11 Gamboru, Ngala, in Borno

“It is equally heart-warming to note that during the period, troops rescued 35 persons from the captivity of BHTs/ISWAP criminals, amongst those rescued were 18 women, 16 children and one adult male

“Polio vaccine was promptly administered on the rescued children in line with the Buratai Intervention Initiative while First Aid was administered on the women as required.”

He quoted the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, as commending the troops for the resilience and patriotism they have continued to demonstrate in crushing the remnants of Boko Haram to criminals.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/troops-capture-2-wives-of-boko-haram-commander-in-adamawa-―-dhq/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
ugo4u:

lmao!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
Please be informed that AIT is scheduled to televise a Training and Operations documentary on celebrating the Nigerian Army at 157 years by 1500 hrs (3 pm), while NTA will do same by 1530 hrs (3:30pm) today Monday 6 July 2020. Kindly tune to the stations and inform others to watch please. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
komekn:

Open Question would anybody buy s vehicles from a country that has produced it's first vehicle in comparison to vehicle from Japan and or Germany.

Now move up a bit, will anybody feel comfortable flying in a passenger aircraft made by Pakistan.

Thus country is an absolute amateur in aircraft technology indeed in any kind of technology and high level manufacturing and has no long standing experiential competence. It takes decades to build up that level of knowledge and expertise.

Our experience with the F7 basically poor quality Mig 21 should have taught us a lesson. Buy no we deh find deal.

The Jf 17 is all copy cat engineering, the Mig 29 Engine ( very unreliable) avionics from left right and center, it just a mix of so many things put together.

And who are the only customers Myanmar and Nigeria if that doesn't cause alarm bells to ring, then something is wrong.

You know when Kia, Hyundai first came from Korea, we were all skeptical. They have improved over 30 years now they have a quality product that can become relied upon.

What does Pakistan have that we can call established exemplary to anchor thier aircraft technology upon Wind and a fresh air = NUTTIN.

Cheap article deh spoil belle.

Actually it shouldn't be a problem! The final aircraft is ofc certified meaning every level of its production has been declared safe from, the design,machining,assembly and incl even the suppliers facilities.

Before a newly developed aircraft model may enter into operation, it must obtain a type certificate from the responsible aviation regulatory authority. Since 2003, EASA is responsible for the certification of aircraft in the EU and for some European non-EU Countries. This certificate testifies that the type of aircraft meets the safety requirements set by the European Union.
https://www.easa.europa.eu/domains/aircraft-products/aircraft-certification

So,in theory even Burundi can build a plane.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
bidexiii:
#EXCLUSIVE ISIS In Africa Deploys Child Soldiers-In Desperate Revenge For Their Slain “3 Star General” By The Nigerian Army by David Otto

https://eonsintelligence.com/details/767745049/isis-in-africa-deploys-child-soldiers-in-desperate-revenge-for-their-slain-3-star-general-by-the-nigerian-army-357208803

https://eonsintelligence.com/details/1707104124/exclusive-isis-in-africa-deploys-child-soldiers-in-desperate-revenge-for-their-slain-3-star-general-by-the-nigerian-army-part-2-858533896

Not many non EAs know this but the Tutsis are notorious for misusing kids as killers-easily brainwashed they'll do anything! Early 80s he began false flagging Bagandas in the centre of Ug-his boys would dress up as army slaughter whole fams and adapt the kids. The tactic has been used in Rwanda and the DRC by the same people.

Every available solider was pressed into action and by late 1985 this included the child soldiers. New recruits were rapidly trained and deployed. As fighting intensified in and around Kampala, more and more child soldiers turned up in the ranks of the NRA.

A major offensive was mounted on January 17, 1986, and Kampala fell on January 26 to the NRA. The child soldiers were highly visible.
https://www.culturalsurvival.org/publications/cultural-survival-quarterly/child-soldiers-uganda-what-does-future-hold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
kikuyu1:

There are readily available rebuilds. Recently I posted a Su 25 in the 2008 Georgia war with starboard engine blown out- it still managed to RTB!?

There it is. LOOK AT THAT!? Say what you will about Russian equipment but what other ac will RTB on one engine? Also shows the advantage of twin engines.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

A 360 degree rotatable aircraft canon? Wouldn't the free rotation unduly affect accuracy?

No,its stabilised and slaved to a camera as the gunner/copilot has a screen on his side of the cockpit. This early version .50 BMG shows the setup.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Sometimes, we should understand that people in government know better and have more info/advise than we ever will.

I support the retention of the Service Chiefs because the immediate past provides evidence against sacking wartime chiefs.

The greatest error of Goodluck Jonathan was removing Gen. Ihejirika..... and this is a fact. Ihehirika pummelled boko haram so badly that northerners were shouting. Under him, boko haram remained caged and they stood no chance. This fact is well known in the army.

Immediately Gen. Ihehirika was removed and replaced with Gen. Minimah,,,, and ACM Alex Badeh replaced Adm. Ola Ibrahim as CDS, the war went down... and spiralled out of control that boko haram started holding territories,,,, and soldiers started fleeing ..... something that never happened under Ihejirika.

When you sack Gen. Buratai and AVM Sadiq Abubakar,,, the new service chiefs would need at least 3 months to set-up and consolidate their machinery.... that is 3months of refresh for boko haram,,, as happened with Gen. Minimah. And we take the war back to square 2.

Please understand that govt is govt and they know more than you ever will ....

Please, changing service chiefs now does not help you. It does not affect you.... Nigeria needs them to remain there for now...President Buhari is not stupid

Wait! An Oz negotiator named Ihejirika and Northern leaders as actively supporting BH.

Australian Negotiator Insists Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika Sponsor Boko Haram, Exonerates Buhari, El-Rufai

In SaharaReporters Interview, Australian Negotiator Insists Modu Sherriff, Ihejirika Sponsor Boko Haram, Exonerates Buhari, El-Rufai.
http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/31/australian-negotiator-insists-modu-sheriff-ihejirika-sponsor-boko-haram-exonerates-buhari

To me it makes sense! There must have been high level treason when BH began gaining strength. Why would Davis lie in this case?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
ugo4u:

Xbee007:

There is a reason they are parked there.... the police generals have brains too... cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
kikuyu1:

Actually it shouldn't be a problem! The final aircraft is ofc certified meaning every level of its production has been declared safe from, the design,machining,assembly and incl even the suppliers facilities.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/domains/aircraft-products/aircraft-certification

So,in theory even Burundi can build a plane.

It doesn't matter do you think people will take comfort in certifications. And because an aircraft is certified it cannot crash with technical problems.

Was the 737 Max not certified.

That is all academic in reality we know that military certificate is very different from civilian.

But you didn't answer the question " would you feel confident about flying in a Pakistani manufactured aircraft and if given the choice would you prefer European, American and or a Japanese manufactured aircraft.

Be real.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
kikuyu1:

Wait! An Oz negotiator named Ihejirika and Northern leaders as actively supporting BH.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/31/australian-negotiator-insists-modu-sheriff-ihejirika-sponsor-boko-haram-exonerates-buhari

To me it makes sense! There must have been high level treason when BH began gaining strength. Why would Davis lie in this case?

Smh. In the early stages of boko haram, Ali Modu Sheriff used them to win election,,, like many other govs including Peter Odili.

But that Boko haram later grew and metamorphosed into a bigger force that started fighting Nigeria. So, the early boko haram that was used to rig election was different from the ones that starting fighting Nigeria... same happened with Peter Odili's election armed thugs who later became militants and grew in strength and weaponry.

Gen. Ihejirika did not sponsor Boko Haram. His appointment as army chief caused some resentment .... and the way he fought them raised serious concerns in the north,,,

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Smh. In the early stages of boko haram, Ali Modu Sheriff used them to win election,,, like many other govs including Peter Odili.

But that Boko haram later grew and metamorphosed into a bigger force that started fighting Nigeria. So, the early boko haram that was used to rig election was different from the ones that starting fighting Nigeria... same happened with Peter Odili's election armed thugs who later became militants and grew in strength and weaponry.

Gen. Ihejirika did not sponsor Boko Haram. His appointment as army chief caused some resentment .... and the way he fought them raised serious concerns in the north,,,

If l recall our own current PMB complained publicly at that time.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
kikuyu1:

There it is. LOOK AT THAT!? Say what you will about Russian equipment but what other ac will RTB on one engine? Also shows the advantage of twin engines.
Aircrafts especially those with twin engines are designed in such a way that one engine can comfortably fly the aircraft if something happens to the other, loss of one engine is not really a big issue but for the sake of SOPs pilots are advised to land at the nearest airport.
Even if a fighter pilot loses both engines as long as he has enough altitude with respect to the nearest base he can still land the aircraft successfully. In summary landing on one engine is not big deal for a pilot that knows his onion, doing that with the loss of both engines is where the issue lies aircrafts are built to be reliable.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
#PressRelease #DHQUpdate

TROOPS OF OPERATION HADARIN DAJI NEUTRALIZE BANDITS IN KATSINA AND ZAMFARA STATES, RECOVER ARMS AND AMMUNITION- AS REPENTANT BANDITS EMBRACE PEACE, SURRENDER WEAPONS

1. In continuation of the recently launched Operation ACCORD aimed at reinvigorated and aggressive kinetic operations to decisively curtail the activities of armed bandits in the North-West region, the Armed Forces of Nigeria troops have continued to conduct intensive clearance operations to identified bandits enclaves in the North- West, with attendant successes against the criminal elements.

2. On 3 July 2020, troops of Operation HADARIN DAJI stormed a bandits' camp at Sanu village in Zurmi LGA of Zamfara State sequel to actionable Human and technical intelligence on the heavy bandits’ presence in the vicinity. Adopting aggressive tactical maneuvers, troops stormed the hideout and engaged the cowardly bandits who fled in disarray, scores with gunshot wounds. Troops pursued the bandits and made further contact with them, overwhelming them with heavy volume of fire. Exploitation of the general area led to the recovery of one AK47 rifle and one SMG rifle. It was also revealed that several bandits suffered heavy injuries and most likely died, as evident in the vast pools of blood along their withdrawal route.

3. In a related development, troops made contact with bandits at Bawan Daji village and neutralized one bandit while many others were fatally wounded. Troops further raided bandits’ enclave at Gidan Zamfarawa about 10km from Mashanyin Zaki. The bandits fled on sighting troops from afar but were pursued by the determined troops who engaged them with aggressive firing. Troops exploited the general area and destroyed 7 major bandit camps while one AK47 rifle, and 2 Motorcycles, amongst others were equally recovered.

4. Similarly, on 5 July 2020, troops stormed an identified bandits camp at Salihawa village in Batsari LGA of Katsina state following credible intelligence on their activities in the village. Troops overwhelmed the bandits with superior firepower and neutralized one of the criminals while several others escaped with fatal gunshot wounds. Troops also apprehended a suspected bandits’ logistics supplier, Mohammed Illela at Illela village on 4 July 2020 following a tip-off. The suspect was arrested while attempting to convey 13 jerrycans and 30 litres of Premium Motor Spirit concealed in an ash-coloured Volkswagen wagon car, to suspected bandits.

5. Still on 5 July 2020, troops conducted a Cordon and Search operation within Bawar-Daji village. During the operation, troops neutralized one bandit and recovered one AK 47 rifle, 5 rounds of 7.62 mm special ammunition and one magazine, amongst others.

6. Furthermore, owing to intensified operations, projected by aggressive presence and posture of troops in the theatre, 3 notable bandits have surrendered to troops along with their weapons. The repentant bandits submitted one Light Machine Gun and 2 X AK 47 rifles.

7. The Military High Command commends troops of Operation HADARIN DAJI for their dedication, dexterity and professionalism in the conduct of ongoing operations. It equally urges them to intensify operations against the bandits and all other criminal elements threatening the peace and security of our beloved country.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
6 July 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.