Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3040495 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:
I have an idea, but it might be wrong so I need your inputs.
Recently our troops have faced ambush whenever they're on patrol or coming back from a mission. I think the risk can be reduced by setting out a 5 man cell with a sniper fixed at strategic points along the road. This guys blend in well with the terrain and can get real time info on movement of hostile and also reduce ambush to a considerable amount. This guys are also in charge or getting real time info on movement of BHT hence FOBs would be notified before they come close to town.
These guys can be rotated let's say daily.
I don't know Borno, but let's say Maid-Damboa is 50km, we can get a cell positioned at strategic locations every 10km or 5km.
Since we don't have drone that can loiter 24/7 and even if we do, that'll be loads of info to go through daily, we can use this method.
This would require some kits let's say NVG, scope and some basic stuffs like that.
We can manage this pending when we can get enough drones and good mraps.
NB: sometimes IED still take out MRAPs

Done severally, scout team ended up being ambushed themselves, without the troop behind them, its a suicide mission, except when they have the training to operate behind enemy lines, in that case you are requesting a special forces deployment on a road like Maiduguri-Monguno or Maiduguri-Damboa? do you have any idea how long they are? how many men it will take?
That's like a WW1 strategy, modern warfare requires eyes in the sky then a quick reaction force to neutralize.
Your suggestion will return more body bags.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
youghs:

Bokoharam wasn't uprooted in chad bro..You need to reduce your misinformation abeg

So what happened they came to do Holiday in Nigeria but will soon return back to Chad.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mugiwaraluffy: 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
jpphilips:

Done severally, scout team ended up being ambushed themselves, without the troop behind them, its a suicide mission, except when they have the training to operate behind enemy lines, in that case you are requesting a special forces deployment on a road like Maiduguri-Monguno or Maiduguri-Damboa? do you have any idea how long they are? how many men it will take?
That's like a WW1 strategy, modern warfare requires eyes in the sky then a quick reaction force to neutralize.
Your suggestion will return more body bags.
Having special forces operating behind enemy lines is risky, but might work out.
If they can blend well with the terrain and supposedly there are no saboteurs that'll give intel to the enemies, this might work.
The idea behind this is just gathering Intel and reducing rate of ambush.
My theory is that BHT send maybe a 2-3 man to set out these IED before converging to execute an attack.
They use several bunkers as sleeper cell hence the reason why they're quick to disperse whenever they're on pursuit.
If it's a 2-5 man team planting the IED, the soldiers should be able to take care of them without stress.
They'll need to be discreet about it using supressors, NVG (if required especially at night), scope etc.
We can also have a dedicated air support on standby 24/7 close to base should in case they'll need help
Note: this is just a short term fix pending when we can have eyes in the sky 24/7
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
Whyem15:

And when the chadiens refuses to leave because "obviously our military isn't a threat to them", we would pay the cameroonians or Nigerians to help us fight them?
Everytime I see absurdities on this thread and feel that is the worst I can ever see, some people still manage to set newer records.

On two different occasions the Chadians have come to our RESCUE. Once in February 2015 and their advance was so rapid we had to tell them to stop. And again quite recently before their withdrawal a 2/3 months ago.

What the NA was not been unable to achieve in years the Chadians were able to do in weeks.

So why did you come up with this nonsensical proposition that they will refuse to leave Nigeria.

To what purpose or benefit, that's simply not even rational to put it lightly.

They say " Pride comes before a fall" we are stuck in the delusional idea that we have some tag giant of Africa.

Wake up we have an over inflated view of our nation. That only we seem to have.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
Oladeligt:

The guy will just write some long stuffs full of grammars like some one writing a University thesis. If you take your time read his Comment, most time na rubbish dey full am. I don't blame the likes of @Bidexiii, Fieldmarshal for always attacking him.
The Nairaland Albert Einstein

Here is very dubious contributor joined in June and has already immediately taken partisan sides.

From henceforth your only entitlement is silence.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
Here goes the chad debate again...angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacretus(m): 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

On two different occasions the Chadians have come to our RESCUE. Once in February 2015 and their advance was so rapid we had to tell them to stop. And again quite recently before their withdrawal a 2/3 months ago.

What the NA was not been unable to achieve in years the Chadians were able to do in weeks.

So why did you come up with this nonsensical proposition that they will refuse to leave Nigeria.

They say " Pride comes before a fall" we are stuck in the delusional idea that we have some tag giant of Africa.

why don't you relocate to Chad already since you love and respect their army so much...

I'd prefer we invite the UK or Russia to join in the fight than a ragtag army like the chadians who can't even fly their own jets.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I guess you suffer from anxiety, so your gra gra, can't let you read and comprehend, instead you hallucinate rubbish as the information you deduce... someone like you can't even survive in nda, you would have most likely be using clutches within your first 5 months, and they would suffer you very well.

So all is fair when this dude or others insults me, but it'll be war, indaposki pahose if I do the same. No qualms Sha, Sha I Don tell you waytin I Wan tel u, Waka pass.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

I hate this rubbish you say ehh.
"What Nigeria has not been able to achieve in Years Chad achieved in Weeks"if I may ask what is it that they did.

In the Words of our Defense PRO : WHAT CHAMPION ARE THEY PROVING

Let's start the argument
@Komekn

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oladeligt: 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

Here is very dubious contributor joined in June and has already immediately taken partisan sides.

From henceforth your only entitlement is silence.
I have been following this thread silently since 2015. And I think you are the one that is supposed to keep shut. Though some of your post are educative but Most of your post here are embarrassing and total rubbish.

Maybe you should apply for Chad's citizenship since everything about Nigeria is not good enough and the Chadians are gods.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Lemme keep quiet in the Northeast as regards to kids from Soldiers cheesy
Those Soldiers go dey shine IDPs Congo die...
There are thousands of Liberian/Sierra Leoneans fathered by Nigeria soldiers many left them and returned to Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:

Having special forces operating behind enemy lines is risky, but might work out.
If they can blend well with the terrain and supposedly there are no saboteurs that'll give intel to the enemies, this might work.
The idea behind this is just gathering Intel and reducing rate of ambush.
My theory is that BHT send maybe a 2-3 man to set out these IED before converging to execute an attack.
They use several bunkers as sleeper cell hence the reason why they're quick to disperse whenever they're on pursuit.
If it's a 2-5 man team planting the IED, the soldiers should be able to take care of them without stress.
They'll need to be discreet about it using supressors, NVG (if required especially at night), scope etc.
We can also have a dedicated air support on standby 24/7 close to base should in case they'll need help
Note: this is just a short term fix pending when we can have eyes in the sky 24/7

Life is not a movie!!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
Texman21:

Guess he has retired from marketing Chinese drones and de-marketing the Tucano.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mugiwaraluffy: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
jpphilips:

Life is not a movie!!

cheesy
Just wild thoughts

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oladeligt: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
jpphilips:

No talk again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
Texman21:

I watched a TVC political news programme it's anchored by two prominent journalists one is called Jide.

He was being very diplomatic and said the Chadiansoldiers are more experienced, are more battle hardened, have greater moral and are much more effective with thier limited weaponry in dealing with Boko. And we really need thier assistance in this fight against Boko.

And he ended with " l did not say the Chadians are better than the Nigerian army Oh !!! "

Anytime the discussion of the Chadian military ls comes up there is no attempt to appraise the submission being made.

But buy many an immediate hostile indignation with intent to denigrate and dismiss the capacity of the Chadians.

But why❓ As if we are enemies, the same enemy we call on to help us, it just doesn't make sense.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

I watched a TVC political news programme it's anchored by two prominent journalists one is called Jide.

He was being very diplomatic and said the Chadiansoldiers are more experienced, are more battle hardened, have greater moral and are much more effective with thier limited weaponry in dealing with Boko. And we really need thier assistance in this fight against Boko.

And he ended with " l did not say the Chadians are better than the Nigerian army Oh !!! "

Anytime the discussion of the Chadian military ls comes up there is no attempt to appraise the submission being made.

But buy many an immediate hostile indignation with intent to denigrate and dismiss the capacity of the Chadians.

But why❓ As if we are enemies, the same enemy we call on to help us, it just doesn't make sense.

if the Chadian army and the Nigerian army are to go on a face-off war with each defending her own territory and lastly without any external support..

Who will your money be on to come out victorious?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
Toju200:
I hate this rubbish you say ehh.
"What Nigeria has not been able to achieve in Years Chad achieved in Weeks"if I may ask what is it that they did.

In the Words of our Defense PRO : WHAT CHAMPION ARE THEY PROVING

Let's start the argument
@Komekn

Go back to February 2015 to be specific Boko was running wild and holding territory and we still had not dealt with the international embarrassment of the Chibok girls.

It was before the Elections and Goodluck had been made to look highly incompetent at the TIME.

The Chadians were invited and it is well documented. They advanced so quickly and indeed we stopped them from advancing any further. National pride I presume.

There are those who are here who can give us even more details about how they advanced into Nigeria at our request. As well as for how long certain areas were under Boko control before they were uprooted by the Chadians.

So what is it that gets you so angry and indignant about the Chadians.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
seankafor:
if the Chadian army and the Nigerian army are to go on a face-off war with each defending her own territory and lastly without any external support..

Who will your money be on to come out victorious?

That's not the subject our subject is Boko.

If you were stuck in an isolated forward camp and Boko were coming, who would you rather have protecting you. The Chadians or the NA.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chadddddddd angry

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

That's not the subject our subject is Boko.

If you were stuck in an isolated forward camp and Boko were coming, who would you rather have protecting you. The Chadians or the NA.
even these Chadian you re famzing depends on NA for ISR.

I dont know what these Chadians have been doing that I'll make me chose them over the NA?.

MAYBE THEY HAVE THE PR AND MEDIA TO BACK THEM UP.. OR MAYBE THEY DONT HAVE SAHARA REPORTER AND THE LIKES THAT KEEPS PUSHING BOKO PR undecided

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
jpphilips:

Aggressive marketing grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:
I have an idea, but it might be wrong so I need your inputs.
Recently our troops have faced ambush whenever they're on patrol or coming back from a mission. I think the risk can be reduced by setting out a 5 man cell with a sniper fixed at strategic points along the road. This guys blend in well with the terrain and can get real time info on movement of hostile and also reduce ambush to a considerable amount. This guys are also in charge or getting real time info on movement of BHT hence FOBs would be notified before they come close to town.
These guys can be rotated let's say daily.
I don't know Borno, but let's say Maid-Damboa is 50km, we can get a cell positioned at strategic locations every 10km or 5km.
Since we don't have drone that can loiter 24/7 and even if we do, that'll be loads of info to go through daily, we can use this method.
This would require some kits let's say NVG, scope and some basic stuffs like that.
We can manage this pending when we can get enough drones and good mraps.
NB: sometimes IED still take out MRAPs

Why not adopt the same strategy used by both the Americans and Brits in Iraq? That is use technology. Use ISR birds (manned or unmanned/drones) to patrol the stretch of roads routinely. These aircrafts can detect terror cells planting IEDs or laying ambushes along the stretch of road, and then call in airstrikes to flush the vermins out. Equally invest in more MRAPs and Mine clearance vehicles, jammers, and more tools for EOD and Engineering Corp teams. I think that may be more effective than setting up OPs along the road using Special Forces teams that may be over stretched.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

Go back to February 2015 to be specific Boko was running wild and holding territory and we still had not dealt with the international embarrassment of the Chibok girls.

It was before the Elections and Goodluck had been made to look highly incompetent at the TIME.

The Chadians were invited and it is well documented. They advanced so quickly and indeed we stopped them from advancing any further. National pride I presume.

There are those who are here who can give us even more details about how they advanced into Nigeria at our request. As well as for how long certain areas were under Boko control before they were uprooted by the Chadians.

So what is it that gets you so angry and indignant about the Chadians.

1. I don't hate Chad I respect them and believe they are battle hardened.
What I hate is the over hyping.
You claim Chad came into Nigeria on our request to help clear boko Haram around 2014/2015. According to vice news that documented some operations of the Counter insurgency war in Nigeria,We carried Out More of The Work than Chad,Now dis guy is Not a Nigerian (Lets Not Say he been Patriotic grin) From Airstrikes to artillery we degraded BHT...
Chad assisted us In operations they never carried out any alone except in their territory
Now one question why was it when ISWAP hammered them for 7hours and killed nearly 100 of them they decided to launch op boma Anger still with the help of Nigeria and Cameron pre Airstrike before Ground offensive.
They said they killed 1000 and according to SamuelAnyawu more than 30 guntrucks was seen moving into Nigeria during the period of the offensive.
Why were They harbouring such Large Amount of Bastards...
What champion are they proving
Or lemme say they are champions
But what is it they have done we haven't done better.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
Toju200:
1. I don't hate Chad I respect them and believe they are battle hardened.
What I hate is the over hyping.
You claim Chad came into Nigeria on our request to help clear boko Haram around 2014/2015. According to vice news that documented some operations of the Counter insurgency war in Nigeria,We carried Out More of The Work than Chad,Now dis guy is Not a Nigerian (Lets Not Say he been Patriotic grin) From Airstrikes to artillery we degraded BHT...
Chad assisted us In operations they never carried out any alone except in their territory
Now one question why was it when ISWAP hammered them for 7hours and killed nearly 100 of them they decided to launch op boma Anger still with the help of Nigeria and Cameron pre Airstrike before Ground offensive.
They said they killed 1000 and according to SamuelAnyawu more than 30 guntrucks was seen moving into Nigeria during the period of the offensive.
Why were They harbouring such Large Amount of Bastards...
What champion are they proving
Or lemme say they are champions
But what is it they have done we haven't done better.

I don't blame people like kokemn, Only if we can secure our borders effectively, all this insanity of thing would fade away.
Just heard of a bomb explosion in Katsina, can't confirm if it's true
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
youghs:

I don't blame people like kokemn, Only if we can secure our borders effectively, all this insanity of thing would fade away.
it's true... According to what I heard it happened in a guy farm Killed 9 workers at the farm
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
youghs:

Northwest will start feeling the Heat soon cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by remi1444: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

We do not use such words here please
Funny thing is, maybe he just stumbled on the thread for the first time and he wants to be noticed.

As the youngest child on this thread, I think I should be taking some of these trolls out. I hate it when I see some people coming here to use abusive words when there are better ways to counter opinions that doesn't sit well with them.

I wanted to ask, Who are the Rednecks?

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by remi1444: 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
NewDelhi:

You're so right on number 1 and 2. Even in the NDA, 70% students you find there are kids of high rank officers. 25% are kids whose parents aren't high ranked officers but they happen to be close or be related to one. The remaining 5% are those who have nobody but God (it's even rare.).
5%, I disagree, up it to 10%. My little brother who is applying for 73RC is following this thread too. before he loses motivation.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by remi1444: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

By the Constitution u are allowed to exercise ur freedom provided it does not encroach into others right, and with certain exception as encapsulated under Chapter 4 of the 1999 Constitution as amended 2011...
Otherwise u will be voilating his right to dignity of human person section 34
and his right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religion under S.38 of the Constitution
And also his right under S.39, which entails he has freedom of expression
And other applicable laws like Tort.
Guy don't lawyer on a faceless thread...
Otherwise he can sue u in any Federal high court, or high court of a state with jurisdiction by Virtye of Section 46 of the 1999 Constitution.
cheesy
My Lord May I... you're even versed regarding the law compared to I who's studying the law.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

By the Constitution u are allowed to exercise ur freedom provided it does not encroach into others right, and with certain exception as encapsulated under Chapter 4 of the 1999 Constitution as amended 2011...
Otherwise u will be voilating his right to dignity of human person section 34
and his right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religion under S.38 of the Constitution
And also his right under S.39, which entails he has freedom of expression
And other applicable laws like Tort.
Guy don't lawyer on a faceless thread...
Otherwise he can sue u in any Federal high court, or high court of a state with jurisdiction by Virtye of Section 46 of the 1999 Constitution.
cheesy

Today naa today
grin shocked grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2020
NewDelhi:
These stories I'm seeing about solders resigning, is it that easy to resign from the army? I've always thought resigning from the military is "almost" impossible.. Please someone should explain better.

It’s not easy at all, especially nowadays.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.