Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,588 members, 7,840,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3052367 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
komekn:

We just need to accept the fact that we are not longer the big brother we think we are.

Swallow our pride and beg the Chadians to come and help us they did it before they can do it again.

I think moral in the army is at a very low level.

I think it would be much much cheaper to pay the Chadians as well.
are you joking?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
Litmus:

We need both - relevant equipment as well as fighting spirit. Answer, buy equipment and pay attention to the weponisation of social media to break the Nigeria army. The latest of the latter is the alleged story by a Nigerian sniper that his fellow Nigerian soldiers tried to kill him because he was inflicting heavy casualty on the terrorists. Two days ago social media had turned Tolulope’s death into fifth-columnists conspiracy and before that Nigeria army was hiding massive and unprecedented casualties inflicted on us by terrorists and on and on. If you were a soldier reading all this and also reading people calling you a fool for fighting for Nigeria; Social media celebrating the deaths of your comrades, Social Media telling you that running is a sign of your intelligence; Social Media telling you Nigeria is not worth dying for, your fighting spirit is going to run South, pardon the pun.

Commanding officers at the theatre have to start countering many of these viral Social Media output by, for instance, conducting moral reinforcing tent speeches that reassure the men of the falseness of these outputs. Of course, Commanding Officers most not be influenced or show that they are influenced by these Social Media tales.
That's why I ask my military friends to avoid social media.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
komekn:

We just need to accept the fact that we are not longer the big brother we think we are.

Swallow our pride and beg the Chadians to come and help us they did it before they can do it again.

I think it would be much much cheaper to pay the Chadians as well.[/quote[quote]
This is one of the social media talks Litmus is talking about....
Till today understanding u is a mystery, and pls don't talk about intelligence or perception.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hennynitan(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
komekn:

Bros you sef reason wetin you talk so nah
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
Odunayaw:
Okay. Where do I send

cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

And how is this a lie? When you don't know about something or you aren't sure, you ask questions, it's the smart thing to do, so you become intelligent.

Bla Bla Bla, biko shift. Nda interview lmaooooo. I pity who liked ur post sef, here reek of lies eh, smh.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
ugo4u:

Maybe it's SSC (Short service Combatant) interview the said orderly was invited for.
It's at NDA(old site) interview and training is conducted.

I dunno, but if it's the regular course mannnnn that's a lie. Everything there is solely on merit, don't believe 'this, that rumors', coming from someone that has undergone that very same protocol. Rc 70.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nicheey:

Bla Bla Bla, biko shift. Nda interview lmaooooo. I pity who liked ur post sef, here reek of lies eh, smh.
You go just open mouth WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA angry angry grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nicheey:

Okay sir!!! I request you give us the truth, since what I typed is the lie, thank you sir!!!.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nicheey:

I dunno, but if it's the regular course mannnnn that's a lie. Everything there is solely on merit, don't believe 'this, that rumors', coming from someone that has undergone that very same protocol. Rc 70.

See this idiot, thunder fire you, bastard!!! 70rc, your whole generation bastard!!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

See this idiot, thunder fire you, bastard!!! 70rc, your whole generation bastard!!!
Alaye calm down grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mugiwaraluffy: 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
I have an idea, but it might be wrong so I need your inputs.
Recently our troops have faced ambush whenever they're on patrol or coming back from a mission. I think the risk can be reduced by setting out a 5 man cell with a sniper fixed at strategic points along the road. This guys blend in well with the terrain and can get real time info on movement of hostile and also reduce ambush to a considerable amount. This guys are also in charge or getting real time info on movement of BHT hence FOBs would be notified before they come close to town.
These guys can be rotated let's say daily.
I don't know Borno, but let's say Maid-Damboa is 50km, we can get a cell positioned at strategic locations every 10km or 5km.
Since we don't have drone that can loiter 24/7 and even if we do, that'll be loads of info to go through daily, we can use this method.
This would require some kits let's say NVG, scope and some basic stuffs like that.
We can manage this pending when we can get enough drones and good mraps.
NB: sometimes IED still take out MRAPs

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
[quote author=GeneralFarouq post=91821190][/quote]

Have you forgotten he's the often knowledgeable guy

grin grin

If he's wrong, there is no right grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
joshingjosh:

joshuajeff2064@gmail.com
After you. No more. I don tire grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:55am On Jul 18, 2020
Nicheey:

Nicheey camdan. RC 67,68 tested. If you were at Afaka for 67 you won't blow such ofe. Arm of service ne
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:47am On Jul 18, 2020
CAPACITY BUILDING: NAF GRADUATES ANOTHER SET OF INSTRUCTOR PILOTS AT 401 FYING TRAINING SCHOOL, KADUNA

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) today, 17 July 2020, graduated another set of Instructor Pilots (IPs) at the 401 Flying Training School (401 FTS) Kaduna. The IP Course 12/2020 Course had 6 participants, comprising one Wing Commander, 2 Flight Lieutenants and 3 Flying Officers drawn from different platforms and units in the NAF, who completed the intensive 4-month training. Speaking during the ceremony, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, represented by the Commandant Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Abdulganiu Olabisi, noted that 401 FTS had continued to fulfill its statutory role of providing effective flying training for almost 40 years as evidenced by the quality of its graduands over the years. He therefore implored the school not to rest on its oars but to continue to strive towards more realistic training consistent with the operational imperatives in today’s aviation industry, producing the next generation of NAF aviators.

While congratulating the graduands for marking another significant milestone in their careers, the CAS reminded them that, as critical elements in the operational cycle, they must endeavour to contribute their quota to the upliftment of the standard of student pilots’ training thereby enhancing effectiveness of operations in the Service. He also urged the graduands to work harder, read wider and fly with more precision in order to satisfy quest for knowledge of their students and set the right example. “I can assure you that if you are prepared to do these, then you will find fulfillment in the job that you do and enjoy the rest of your flying career”, he added. The CAS therefore enjoined them to seize the opportunities available to make a positive impact in the NAF and leave a legacy for their students who would remember them for the rest of their Service lives. The CAS also commended the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command, (AOC ATC) the Commander 401 FTS, IPs and other staff for their hard work and unflinching drive towards churning out yet another batch of new IPs for the NAF. The CAS assured them that the Service, on its part, would continue to support their activities within available resources to provide result-oriented training.
Earlier in his welcome remarks, the Commander 401 FTS, Group Captain Nasiru Saidu, while thanking the CAS for his unrelenting support to the Unit, stated that the 6 Student Instructor Pilots (SIPs), who were drawn from various operational Units in the NAF, completed the IP course with high levels of airmanship and were therefore ready for deployment to both DA-40NG and Super Mushshak aircraft as instructors.

One of the highlights of the ceremony was the presentation of Certificates and Badges to the Graduands. Also present at the event were the representative of the AOC ATC, Deputy Director Operations HQ NAF, Principal Staff Officers of ATC as well as Commanders and Commandants of co-located NAF Units in Kaduna.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
17 July 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:53am On Jul 18, 2020
Toju200:

CAPACITY BUILDING: NAF GRADUATES ANOTHER SET OF INSTRUCTOR PILOTS AT 401 FYING TRAINING SCHOOL, KADUNA

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) today, 17 July 2020, graduated another set of Instructor Pilots (IPs) at the 401 Flying Training School (401 FTS) Kaduna. The IP Course 12/2020 Course had 6 participants, comprising one Wing Commander, 2 Flight Lieutenants and 3 Flying Officers drawn from different platforms and units in the NAF, who completed the intensive 4-month training. Speaking during the ceremony, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, represented by the Commandant Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Abdulganiu Olabisi, noted that 401 FTS had continued to fulfill its statutory role of providing effective flying training for almost 40 years as evidenced by the quality of its graduands over the years. He therefore implored the school not to rest on its oars but to continue to strive towards more realistic training consistent with the operational imperatives in today’s aviation industry, producing the next generation of NAF aviators.

While congratulating the graduands for marking another significant milestone in their careers, the CAS reminded them that, as critical elements in the operational cycle, they must endeavour to contribute their quota to the upliftment of the standard of student pilots’ training thereby enhancing effectiveness of operations in the Service. He also urged the graduands to work harder, read wider and fly with more precision in order to satisfy quest for knowledge of their students and set the right example. “I can assure you that if you are prepared to do these, then you will find fulfillment in the job that you do and enjoy the rest of your flying career”, he added. The CAS therefore enjoined them to seize the opportunities available to make a positive impact in the NAF and leave a legacy for their students who would remember them for the rest of their Service lives. The CAS also commended the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command, (AOC ATC) the Commander 401 FTS, IPs and other staff for their hard work and unflinching drive towards churning out yet another batch of new IPs for the NAF. The CAS assured them that the Service, on its part, would continue to support their activities within available resources to provide result-oriented training.
Earlier in his welcome remarks, the Commander 401 FTS, Group Captain Nasiru Saidu, while thanking the CAS for his unrelenting support to the Unit, stated that the 6 Student Instructor Pilots (SIPs), who were drawn from various operational Units in the NAF, completed the IP course with high levels of airmanship and were therefore ready for deployment to both DA-40NG and Super Mushshak aircraft as instructors.

One of the highlights of the ceremony was the presentation of Certificates and Badges to the Graduands. Also present at the event were the representative of the AOC ATC, Deputy Director Operations HQ NAF, Principal Staff Officers of ATC as well as Commanders and Commandants of co-located NAF Units in Kaduna.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
17 July 2020

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

And when the chadiens refuses to leave because "obviously our military isn't a threat to them", we would pay the cameroonians or Nigerians to help us fight them?
Everytime I see absurdities on this thread and feel that is the worst I can ever see, some people still manage to set newer records.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Ahan ahan, are this insults necessary?. Nigerians though,always thinking everything is bout survival. Sha won't blame em, na the status quo

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2020
demolition:

You go just open mouth WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA angry angry grin

Lmaooooooooo. Your humor sha

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Okay sir!!! I request you give us the truth, since what I typed is the lie, thank you sir!!!.

After u Don insult me, may I use my hard 'earned' time educate you? Nah, rather go listen to 'am a goat' by ay poco
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2020
Odunayaw:
Nicheey camdan. RC 67,68 tested. If you were at Afaka for 67 you won't blow such ofe. Arm of service ne

Na rc 70 I go o,I no mention 67. All my time I had spent there in rabadu cantonment, old NDA kaduna. I can attain to the fact that every thing is based 'solely' on merit. I made it to the Las Las of everything, I even got to see the CDS when he had come to lighten our spirit in the 'drill shield'. Him talk many Sha, most of what he said were 'Bla Bla Bla' me wey just finsh fry my self under sun against my wish go come dey listen to person talk?, Sha no need for long talk. Tag number RV 25,5th July/19.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2020
Come to think of it, my uncle once applied for Nigerian Army way before this Boko Haram brouhaha got to this point. He was devastated he didn't get it because, according to him, "I don't know the right people."

We are very glad he didn't get it. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oladeligt: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

Only a Potent Ibadan paraga mixed with Kaduna burukutu can make someone talk like this.

Sorry but you are not making sense.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 9:14am On Jul 18, 2020
Oladeligt:

Only a Potent Ibadan paraga mixed with Kaduna burukutu can make someone talk like this.

Sorry but you are not making sense.

damn bro�lmao
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 9:21am On Jul 18, 2020
Most IQs are low in Nigeria and the educational system does not teach critical thinking skills, that is why some people will write as if Boko Haram has won.
To even suggest that PMCs should come and fight the war. PMCs from where?. That's a lot of ignorance.
The PMC will come and employ 6000 half trained CJTF guys, will not achieve anything and the war will attract many other actors.

We should learn to think more brutally.
There are 'facts'. And the there is a lot of 'noise' coming out of a lot information sources with different objectives.
For people who think like women, everything Boko Haram does is winning, like running into a small town, killing civilians and running back. For a disciplined mind, the question will be "why are they trying to distract the Army in this instance?".
What is the hidden objective of this seeming stupidity.

Another fact is Boko Haram is not fighting for territory. They will always be beaten back or retreat from every seeming military objective, why?.
The answer is that they are not fighting land, they are fighting for the hearts and minds Nigerians as in they want to weaken the hearts and minds of Nigerians so the resolution to root them out will wane.
Boko Haram also has millions of supporters on the ground and significant secret backers in the Nigerian military. This is a cause for concern and should be managed by normal counter intelligence and psy-ops processes. It is not something to despair over. IPOB also has a lot of supporters. ND militants have a lot of supporters.
Every country in the world has at least 25% of its people in active hatred of their own country.
It is a concern but it is the rule rather than an exception. It can be managed.
What the Nigerian military should is continue Super Camp based domination of the area and press more technology and platforms into the theater so that a lot of boys can do their rotation more frequently.

There can be no grand final offensive against Boko Haram but a series of decapitating strikes against ISWAP and Shekau boys are possible.
Hopefully enough of these major strikes will weaken the sect and eliminate them as a significant military threat but the ideology can not be destroyed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2020
Whyem15:

And when the chadiens refuses to leave because "obviously our military isn't a threat to them", we would pay the cameroonians or Nigerians to help us fight them?
Everytime I see absurdities on this thread and feel that is the worst I can ever see, some people still manage to set newer records.
slimthugchimee2:

Have you forgotten he's the often knowledgeable guy

grin grin

If he's wrong, there is no right grin
cheesy, cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oladeligt: 9:32am On Jul 18, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

cheesy, cheesy
The guy will just write some long stuffs full of grammars like some one writing a University thesis. If you take your time read his Comment, most time na rubbish dey full am. I don't blame the likes of @Bidexiii, Fieldmarshal for always attacking him.
The Nairaland Albert Einstein

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2020
Xbee007:
Come to think of it, my uncle once applied for Nigerian Army way before this Boko Haram brouhaha got to this point. He was devastated he didn't get it because, according to him, "I don't know the right people."

We are very glad he didn't get it. grin grin grin

grin grin grin When I finished my secondary studies in a Military school, I told my Dad I want to enlist into the armed forces. He vehemently refused that I so held that grudge until I relocated to Borno state. Previously when I attend military wedding I was always feeling so bitter why I did not go against my Dad's directives. You know how military wedding sweet na grin. All those swords stuff grin

But since I relocated to Borno I immediately
Sent a 21 yr old Glenfiddich to my Dad

Many dudes in the Nigeria armed forces got no business there as they will find it so hard to adjust to the Frontline lifestyle for the reasons below grin

1) Most Generals just enlist their kids in the military to Maintain the status quo

2) Some NCOs joined the military due to lack of jobs in Nigeria. Many don't have the heart for it.

3) The Military is a Regimental job. Anyone who is enlisting should understand this.

The last attack in Monguno from anonymous sources, ISWAP carried out an intelligence monitoring and discovered that Soldiers mounting the entrance checkpoints in Monguno barely stay at their checkpoints during Mid-day. The CO visits the outposts from 4pm downwards of which most Soldiers would definitely return before he visits.

When ISWAP struck at 11am of which more than half of the soldiers stationed at this checkpoints have gone for their usual merriment to Gidan Martha and GF's houses. Tho I heard those that were unavailable are chilling in the guard room till date cool

When enlisting into the Army, kindly ask yourself these questions:

Can I stay without sex for a year?

Can I stay in a location for a year without seeing my loved ones?

Can I spend a year sleeping on a tiny mattress or mat in a zinc or thatch house close to my trench for a year?

Do I have the mental capability to exchange gunfire weekly for a year without going psychological? Like Soldiers in Rann, Kala Balge engaging weekly.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Are you sure the Military if given the funds will really acquire the necessary weapons and not real estates? wink

Give them a benefit of doubt at least,will you?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.