Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3047657 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2020
ecomog1990:

You are free to add any info bros grin you say you are not interested in answering the question to compare ARA and Ezugwu data and let the forum gain info from you, but you are only very interested in picking what you imagine to be a fault with anyone who was diligent enough to provide detailed answer to the tough question.

If truly you are not interested, you should not have read the whole comparison, even going further to comment, adding data that was not mentioned. Common man, be a bit more honest with ya sef o grin

Your idea of multiple IEDs chained up to ensure penetration of hull, is not the type of IED threat Nigerian Army faced in 10 years in N.E., they only faced max of double arty shell 155mm and they designed Ezugwu to defeat that threat.

So, you think hungry insurgents stealing corn & beans to eat is rich enough to make multiple chain artillery shells on one only spot hoping to reach vehicle belly across from the wheels? Do you know how much dollars one arty 155mm shell costs to buy in black market? You see how your idea is like Nollywood story?

You also forgot that your imaginary multiple IED chained up to penetrate the belly would have first penetrated the contact wheel of weaker ARA 10kg wheel even before it penetrated the wheel of 12kg on Ezugwu !

Crawling vehicle on belly is not ridiculous, no vehicle travels on belly is a fact, road contact is the wheel, you just prefer to imagine the belly will touch IED first.

Your own big ignorance of reality of war is that multiple chain of say 4 arty shells IED is already like 24 kg to ensure it reaches the thinner 7kg belly past the wheels of Ezugwu, then no MRAP in the world can survive such multiple chain IED because one of the best MRAPs on planet is Casspir with maximum belly resistance 14 kg so it can only resist 2 shells like Ezugwu, 3 shells is 18 kg.

How many MRAPs have you ever seen resisting 18kg TNT under belly not to even talk of your ridiculous idea of multiple chain of shells 24 kg TNT ?

Yuktirath MRAP would survive it tho, 35kg under hull and 42kg under wheel.

Please who knows IED resistance capacity of Oshkosh JLTV or M-ATV?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2020
rationalhuman:
If they Delta wing doesn't give you High Unsuitability ie Maneuverability then what is the use, If Front Canards doesnt provides you maneuverability in the sky and Stability while Take off then what is the use? Sire, they are for the Very same purpose and yes these things are clearly visible.

Eurofighter Typhoon = Delta Wings + Front Canards ---------------Clearly identified by look itself Image 1
Dassault Rafale = Delta Wings + Front Canards ----------------------Clearly identified by look itself Image 2
Saab Gripen E = Delta Wings + Front Canards -----------------------Clearly identified by look itself Image 3

Only if Chinese engineering has reached to a level that German+Italian+Spanish+British were stupid to put these things in Europfighter
French were dumb hence they included these things in Rafael
Swedish were fools so they incorporated these things in Saab Gripen E

And no there is no Official Report that states that As of today JF17 has all axis Flyby Wire in it. (Attach the official link, not the blog) and i will update myself.

And sir, I lived & worked in Iran, Turkey, Indonesia, Philippines, France, Sri Lanka and UAE as well, so am i still in hangover of these places? No i dont think so.

I will again say, May be he was trying to say that this Plane looks outdated and he is not wrong, see all above 3 fighters.

JF17 is good enough for our African region where enemies usually dont have Good Aircraft, rest it is 70s era architecture built by Chinese design and Russian engines and assembled in Pakistan. Yes it has few modern things as well but not upto its peers.

And if you say that all above are 4.5G and JF17 is 4G, then you will be validating his point that yes JF17 is lagging years behind the planes we have see these days (again his remark about HOW AIRCRAFT LOOKS). Its clearly validated Limus was right in his comment.

Btw,you're probably the only one who can do this:pls compare the respective JF 17 Blocks and the Tejas 1 and 2. Even if you only have Open Source Intel its fine-we need your input!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacretus(m): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
kikuyu1:

Btw,you're probably the only one who can do this[b]:pls compare the respective JF 17 Blocks and the Tejas 1 and 2.[/b] Even if you only have Open Source Intel its fine-we need your input!
that would be a biased comparison. He's clearly Indian though he tries to hide it...any post that concerns India will have him defend his country.

He shouldn't have mentioned Tejas, a fighter jet that has always been and is still under development, when comparing jf17 thunder to other fighter jets. There's no bases for that...the only time he would post here is to tell us Pakistani made fighters which has moved from block 1 to developing block 3 is not as capable as the Indian 'paper' capable Tejas

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
kikuyu1:

Btw,you're probably the only one who can do this:pls compare the respective JF 17 Blocks and the Tejas 1 and 2. Even if you only have Open Source Intel its fine-we need your input!

This guy sef. Tejas is a failed project. It should not be mentioned as a jet. It never was.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
pacretus:
that would be a biased comparison. He's clearly Indian though he tries to hide it...any post that concerns India will have him defend his country.

He shouldn't have mentioned Tejas, a fighter jet that has always been and is still under development, when comparing jf17 thunder to other fighter jets. There's no bases for that...the only time he would post here is to tell us Pakistani made fighters which has moved from block 1 to developing block 3 is not as capable as the Indian 'paper' capable Tejas

Thank you. You are very sound. I mentioned it that his opinion became invalid the moment he mentioned Tejas. He was talking down JF-17 whilst mentioning Tejas. At that point, I decided not to engage him. His bias was very clear.

What is Tejas? Smh

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
$
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

This guy sef. Tejas is a failed project. It should not be mentioned as a jet. It never was.

Thank you for your detailed info,you too pacretus,but I'd rather wait for rationalhuman's explanation!

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ecomog1990: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
youghs:

Yuktirath MRAP would survive it tho, 35kg under hull and 42kg under wheel.

Please who knows IED resistance capacity of Oshkosh JLTV or M-ATV?

Well, my question was how many? Only 1 or 2 ? Among so many MRAP types?

Aditya variants up to Yuktirat are all based on same Casspir that is one of the best in the world MRAPs, India imported and copied Casspir.

If they double Casspir IED spec, they have compromised another spec to gain that one.

Is Yuktirat a practical MRAP? Notice its called MPV. Records no army uses it except maybe India that made it and got like 250 since 10 years ago while buying like 1,500 of others.

A source says its maximum speed is only 50 kmh, so what's the practical cruise/operational speed, 40 kmh?

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/ordnance-factory-board-showcases-yuktirath/12320/1

Why build an MRAP that all main battle tanks in the world drive much faster than it, just to have 42 kg resistance under wheel? How does it keep up road speed with other vehicles in army operations?

They also didn't reveal how many IED strikes gives 42kg wheels, because MRAPs with 24kg resistance for two strikes normally resist total of 48kg under wheel.

Its about science & tech, once you increase armour weight the speed reduces proportionately, so MRAPs with 14kg belly 24kg wheels TNT have maximum speed 90 kmh, now the 35kg belly 42 kg wheel has dropped maximum vehicle speed to 50 kmh, then that does not qualify as a proper MRAP, its rather a MPV - Mine Protected Vehicle, and that's what they named it.

How does it fit Ambush Protected - AP as in MR - AP, when under ambush attack it tries to escape at less than 50 kmh with it's thin body hull armour resisting only 7.62mm Ball (body armour so much reduced to increase underbelly) and ordinary AK-47 with AP bullet will penetrate it.

Looks Mine Resistant but how is it Ambush Protected to meet normal MRAP function?

Other countries too will love MRAP resistance of even more like 50 kg under wheel but they all know the law of science, you double armour weight you half speed and you lose Ambush Protection of normal MRAPs minimum safe speed capacity.

Option of ceramics armour to save weight, means you increase cost price 3 times so 400k MRAP becomes $1.2 million, then too expensive to repair that vehicle is written off and lost out of inventory after only one IED blast.

++

Bro, JLTV ballistic data on IED blast & bullet kinetic strikes is officially classified for now, any priviledged American who reveals the secret will likely go to jail for compromising US defence - national security grin

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2020
I would like to be your friend Sir. I am humbled by your expertise, humility and decorum

ecomog1990:

Aditya variants up to Yuktirat are all based on same Casspir that is one of the best in the world MRAPs, India imported and copied Casspir.

If they double Casspir IED spec, they have compromised another spec to gain that one.

Is Yuktirat a practical MRAP? Notice its called an MPV. Records no army uses it except maybe India that made it and got like 250 since 10 years ago while buying like 1,500 of others.

A source says its maximum speed is only 50 kmh, so what's the practical cruise/operational speed, 40 kmh?

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/ordnance-factory-board-showcases-yuktirath/12320/1

Why build an MRAP that all tanks in the world drive much faster than it just to have 42 kg resistance under wheel? How does it keep up with other vehicles in army operations?

They also didn't reveal how many strikes gives 42kg wheels, because MRAPs with 24kg resistance for two strikes normally resist total of 48kg under wheel.

Its about science & tech, once you increase armour weight the speed will reduce proportionately, so MRAPs with 24kg max speed 90 kmh, now the 35kg belly 42 kg wheel has dropped maximum vehicle speed to 50 kmh, then that does not qualify as a proper MRAP, its rather an MPV - Mine Protected Vehicle, and that's what they named it.

How does it fit Ambush Protected - AP as in MR - AP, when under ambush attack it tries to escape at leas than 50 kmh with it's thin body hull armour resisting only 7.62mm Ball (body armour so much reduced to increase underbelly) and ordinary AK-47 with AP bullet will penetrate it?

Looks Mine Resistant but how is it Ambush Protected to meet normal MRAP function?

Other countries too will love MRAP resistance of even more like 50 kg under wheel but they all know the law of science, you double armour weight you half speed and you lose Ambush Protection of normal MRAPs minimum safe speed capacity.

Option of ceramics to save weight, means you increase cost price 3 times so 400k MRAP becomes 1.2 million, and too expensive to repair that vehicle is written off and lost out of inventory after only one IED blast.

++

Bro, JLTV ballistic data on IED & bullets is officially classified for now, any priviledged American who reveals the secret will likely go to jail for compromising US defence - national security grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
pacretus:

You sef notice ba

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
Updates on the SDB III and it looks like they are almost done with the water and fuel barges , it's turning out pretty nicely , Toju here you go! grin

CC : jake

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
lebuhsi:
Updates on the SDB III and it looks like they are almost done with the water and fuel barges , it's turning out pretty nicely , Toju here you go! grin

Nice one. But you could have gotten more pics from different angles for the SDB III. Thanks sha.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
lebuhsi:

cheesy wink kiss you knowit Broo

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Nice one. But you could have gotten more pics from different angles for the SDB III. Thanks sha.

I saw them on twitter, there are the most recent ones, I'll try and see if i can find more
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
Toju200:
cheesy wink kiss you knowit Broo
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:23am On Sep 13, 2020
ecomog1990:

Is Yuktirat a practical MRAP? Notice its called MPV. Records no army uses it except maybe India that made it and got like 250 since 10 years ago while buying like 1,500 of others.

Why build an MRAP that all main battle tanks in the world drive much faster than it, just to have 42 kg resistance under wheel? How does it keep up road speed with other vehicles in army operations?

They also didn't reveal how many IED strikes gives 42kg wheels, because MRAPs with 24kg resistance for two strikes normally resist total of 48kg under wheel.

Its about science & tech, once you increase armour weight the speed reduces proportionately, so MRAPs with 14kg belly 24kg wheels TNT have maximum speed 90 kmh, now the 35kg belly 42 kg wheel has dropped maximum vehicle speed to 50 kmh, then that does not qualify as a proper MRAP, its rather a MPV - Mine Protected Vehicle, and that's what they named it.

How does it fit Ambush Protected - AP as in MR - AP, when under ambush attack it tries to escape at less than 50 kmh with it's thin body hull armour resisting only 7.62mm Ball (body armour so much reduced to increase underbelly) and ordinary AK-47 with AP bullet will penetrate it.

Option of ceramics armour to save weight, means you increase cost price 3 times so 400k MRAP becomes $1.2 million, then too expensive to repair that vehicle is written off and lost out of inventory after only one IED blast.

++

Bro, JLTV ballistic data on IED blast & bullet kinetic strikes is officially classified for now, any priviledged American who reveals the secret will likely go to jail for compromising US defence - national security grin

ok thanks bro..I don't think the JLTV would be able survive much considering the structure of the vehicle
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 13, 2020
ecomog1990:

Aditya variants up to Yuktirat are all based on same Casspir that is one of the best in the world MRAPs, In.dia imported and copied Casspir.

++

First thought best to ignore , but then what the heck best rescue science and technology for the last time lol.

Aditya variants up to Yuktirat are all based on same Casspir that is one of the best in the world MRAPs, Ind.ia imported and copied Casspir.

Yukthrat is inspired from casspir same as other casspir class MPV / MRAP around the world.

One cannot simply copy , which u implied and yet come up with the best in class specs for an MPV / MRAP .

Can one copy metallurgical capabilities , ballistic / stress / shock etc modeling and analysis skills , automotive engineering capabilities , structural / material engineering capabilities , fabrication and process engineering , material joining etc etc ?

It requires decades of research and work in core sciences and engineering to bear fruit across relevant products which one is trying to develop.

Lol

Anyways allow me to introduce u to composites and speciality steels.

I am not aware which type of steel they r using since it is not revealed but let me give of one of the many options eg HNS ( nickel free high nitrogen steel ) it has low weight , non magnetic , better ballistic and blast protection compared to even RHA ( rolled homogeneous armour ) that is used in MBTs that too with reduced thickness , etc etc , developed and produced locally.

Aditya was the first MPV / MRAP and could resist 14 kg TNT under the wheel and 10 kg under hull .

It was inducted with police / paramilitary for anti Maoists ops and performed well saving lives untill the fuking Maoists figured out the protection ratings of the MPV and decided to increase the size of their IEDs by 10+ times.

80 kg, 120kg upwards TNT equivalent IEDs destroyed Aditya , the MPVs would be flung up in the air due to the pressure type IEDs being used leading to death of concussed and unconscious personnel's inside due to impact , the MPVs were withdrawn and transferred to CT units fighting jihadis . Use of MPV / MRAP was prohibited since the size of the IEDs being used was powerful enough to incapacitate a tank. Tactics was changed to on foot patrolling in danger zones.

Is Yuktirat a practical MRAP? Notice its called an MPV. Records no army uses it except maybe India that made it and got like 250 since 10 years ago while buying like 1,500 of others

Using ur argument against you

https://www.pressreader.com/india/commercial-vehicle/20120417/281681136867679

Since actual top speed is 85 km/hr and not 50 km/hr as is mistakenly mentioned in the article u posted. so now ur entire argument falls flat .

What's the difference between MPV and MRAP ?

Practically zero . Both are interchangeable terms . Depends on the OEM on what term they choose to use.

Yuktirath MPV has considerable number of orders , including repeat orders. 1200+ produced / orders for Aditya / Yuktirath combine. Slow down orders were issued because MPVs were being withdrawn from CI ops for reasons I mentioned above. Won an international tender against casspir and an American MRAP.

Why build an MRAP that all tanks in the world drive much faster than it just to have 42 kg resistance under wheel? How does it keep up with other vehicles in army operations?

That source u posted is wrong wrt the top speed , the writer mistook the cruise ( patrol ) speed of 50 km/hr as the top speed . Yuktirath top speed is 85 km/hr . ( Google it if u want )

MRAPs / MPVs r not part of IA ORBAT .

They are used only in

1. CI ops ( Maoists ) and by the police in the jungles but since long they withdrew MPVs from ops because Maoists started using 80+ kg IEDs.

2. CT ops ( Jihadis ) and by RR units / police to provide protection against jihadi stone pelters or sniper fire or suprise ambush by small arms during contact in urban areas mostly. Other uses r there eg during movement in or out of a base a empty MPV runs ahead of the convoy fitted with combined MRPI and jammers etc to provide protection. IEDs r rare in jihadi prone areas due to tight intelligence , constant patrolling and threat of quid pro quo action across the border.

Its about science & tech, once you increase armour weight the speed will reduce proportionately, so MRAPs with 24kg max speed 90 kmh, now the 35kg belly 42 kg wheel has dropped maximum vehicle speed to 50 kmh, then that does not qualify as a proper MRAP, its rather an MPV - Mine Protected Vehicle, and that's what they named it.

I don't think it is about science and technology , it is basically about how u got mislead by incorrect information. Top speed is 85 km/hr not 50 km/hr.

Composite materials and speciality steels like HNS helps to reduce weight while providing far greater protection and required speeds.

Again repeating MPV and MRAP nomenclature is interchangeable . Depends entirely on the OEM.

How does it fit Ambush Protected - AP as in MR - AP, when under ambush attack it tries to escape at leas than 50 kmh with it's thin body hull armour resisting only 7.62mm Ball (body armour so much reduced to increase underbelly) and ordinary AK-47 with AP bullet will penetrate it?

Yuthirath uses composites on the sides

Yuthirath is able to defeat 7.62 x 51 NATO ball / AP , 7.62 x 39 steel core , 7.62 x 54R API

" Looks " ?

Lol

The situation is more akin to inadequate knowledge of science.

Option of ceramics to save weight, means you increase cost price 3 times so 400k MRAP becomes 1.2 million, and too expensive to repair that vehicle is written off and lost out of inventory after only one IED blast.

Composites and speciality steels r the better alternatives as of now.

I am not upto date but AFAIK as I know ceramic for armouring is difficult because of poor adhesion property . Maybe things have changed.

And end note how much IED protection one puts on a MRAP / MPV end of the day it is going to lose vis a vis IEDs which exceed the protection level. If terrrorists starts deploying 50 kg or 100 kg TNT equivalent IEDs by simply adding more explosives no MRAP / MPV gonna survive if it gets hit by the IED.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 6:50am On Sep 13, 2020
Dopeness of life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:22am On Sep 13, 2020
A rare photo from inside the October War Operations Room, 1973th of Ramadan in the Palace of Al-Tahra, where field maps appear above the famous pool table, and below are recent photos of the same hall and table

The pool hall is one of the most famous features of the Palace of Al-Tahra, where it is mediated by a pool table made of bronze ebanos wood, which was presented by Louis Philippe of France to Mohammed Ali Pasha and transferred by King Farouk to the palace, and this table is part A rare witness to destructive decisions and difficult moments in the history of the homeland, as the epic of victory took place, when President Anwar Sadat extended it with leaders crossing maps and discussed war plans, as the palace was a secret operation room for the sixth of October 73

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:26am On Sep 13, 2020
#CION

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
M-ATV belonging to U.S. Army Special Forces crosses a river during counterterrorism operations with the Niger Armed Forces

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
nemesis8u:

First thought best to ignore , but then what the heck best rescue science and technology for the last time lol...

grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
Dopeness of life

Ago Comot ur teeth
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
nemesis8u:

First thought best to ignore , but then what the heck best rescue science and technology for the last time lol.

Yukthrat is inspired from casspir same as other casspir class MPV / MRAP around the world.

One cannot simply copy , which u implied and yet come up with the best in class specs for an MPV / MRAP .

Can one copy metallurgical capabilities , ballistic / stress / shock etc modeling and analysis skills , automotive engineering capabilities , structural / material engineering capabilities , fabrication and process engineering , material joining etc etc ?

It requires decades of research and work in core sciences and engineering to bear fruit across relevant products which one is trying to develop.

Lol

Anyways allow me to introduce u to composites and speciality steels.

I am not aware which type of steel they r using since it is not revealed but let me give of one of the many options eg HNS ( nickel free high nitrogen steel ) it has low weight , non magnetic , better ballistic and blast protection compared to even RHA ( rolled homogeneous armour ) that is used in MBTs that too with reduced thickness , etc etc , developed and produced locally.

Aditya was the first MPV / MRAP and could resist 14 kg TNT under the wheel and 10 kg under hull .

It was inducted with police / paramilitary for anti Maoists ops and performed well saving lives untill the fuking Maoists figured out the protection ratings of the MPV and decided to increase the size of their IEDs by 10+ times.

80 kg, 120kg upwards TNT equivalent IEDs destroyed Aditya , the MPVs would be flung up in the air due to the pressure type IEDs being used leading to death of concussed and unconscious personnel's inside due to impact , the MPVs were withdrawn and transferred to CT units fighting jihadis . Use of MPV / MRAP was prohibited since the size of the IEDs being used was powerful enough to incapacitate a tank. Tactics was changed to on foot patrolling in danger zones.

Using ur argument against you

https://www.pressreader.com/india/commercial-vehicle/20120417/281681136867679

Since actual top speed is 85 km/hr and not 50 km/hr as is mistakenly mentioned in the article u posted. so now ur entire argument falls flat .

What's the difference between MPV and MRAP ?

Practically zero . Both are interchangeable terms . Depends on the OEM on what term they choose to use.

Yuktirath MPV has considerable number of orders , including repeat orders. 1200+ produced / orders for Aditya / Yuktirath combine. Slow down orders were issued because MPVs were being withdrawn from CI ops for reasons I mentioned above. Won an international tender against casspir and an American MRAP.

That source u posted is wrong wrt the top speed , the writer mistook the cruise ( patrol ) speed of 50 km/hr as the top speed . Yuktirath top speed is 85 km/hr . ( Google it if u want )

MRAPs / MPVs r not part of IA ORBAT .

They are used only in

1. CI ops ( Maoists ) and by the police in the jungles but since long they withdrew MPVs from ops because Maoists started using 80+ kg IEDs.

2. CT ops ( Jihadis ) and by RR units / police to provide protection against jihadi stone pelters or sniper fire or suprise ambush by small arms during contact in urban areas mostly. Other uses r there eg during movement in or out of a base a empty MPV runs ahead of the convoy fitted with combined MRPI and jammers etc to provide protection. IEDs r rare in jihadi prone areas due to tight intelligence , constant patrolling and threat of quid pro quo action across the border.

I don't think it is about science and technology , it is basically about how u got mislead by incorrect information. Top speed is 85 km/hr not 50 km/hr.

Composite materials and speciality steels like HNS helps to reduce weight while providing far greater protection and required speeds.

Again repeating MPV and MRAP nomenclature is interchangeable . Depends entirely on the OEM.

Yuthirath uses composites on the sides

Yuthirath is able to defeat 7.62 x 51 NATO ball / AP , 7.62 x 39 steel core , 7.62 x 54R API

" Looks " ?

Lol

The situation is more akin to inadequate knowledge of science.

Composites and speciality steels r the better alternatives as of now.

I am not upto date but AFAIK as I know ceramic for armouring is difficult because of poor adhesion property . Maybe things have changed.

And end note how much IED protection one puts on a MRAP / MPV end of the day it is going to lose vis a vis IEDs which exceed the protection level. If terrrorists starts deploying 50 kg or 100 kg TNT equivalent IEDs by simply adding more explosives no MRAP / MPV gonna survive if it gets hit by the IED.

Can this composite and specialty steel be sourced in Nigeria
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
Dopeness of life

Nonsense.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Exactly what I proposed few days ago, a 30mm armed Ezugwu, except that I said tracked variant. Anyway this is good.

I can see smoke grenade launchers and a machine gun. I hope it also carries Chinese made ATGM.

Benefit of the War on Terrorism grin

That's Photoshop grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.