Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073911 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Your castrated father is affected by psycotic symptoms. And your maggot-pussy infested mother is brain dead. .
Bring it on,, fool.
undecided SMH so wait in your mind na...You don talk word undecided you can imagine

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Your father is hallucinating ... .
Bring it on,,, you go tire na cheesy

This RETARD
You have to drag parents into your nonsense? undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Anyway, we should have some peace now cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ecomog1990: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
nemesis8u:

First thought best to ignore , but then what the heck best rescue science and technology for the last time lol.

Yukthrat is inspired from casspir same as other casspir class MPV / MRAP around the world.

One cannot simply copy , which u implied and yet come up with the best in class specs for an MPV / MRAP .

Can one copy metallurgical capabilities , ballistic / stress / shock etc modeling and analysis skills , automotive engineering capabilities , structural / material engineering capabilities , fabrication and process engineering , material joining etc etc ?

It requires decades of research and work in core sciences and engineering to bear fruit across relevant products which one is trying to develop.

Lol

Anyways allow me to introduce u to composites and speciality steels.

I am not aware which type of steel they r using since it is not revealed but let me give of one of the many options eg HNS ( nickel free high nitrogen steel ) it has low weight , non magnetic , better ballistic and blast protection compared to even RHA ( rolled homogeneous armour ) that is used in MBTs that too with reduced thickness , etc etc , developed and produced locally.

Aditya was the first MPV / MRAP and could resist 14 kg TNT under the wheel and 10 kg under hull .

It was inducted with police / paramilitary for anti Maoists ops and performed well saving lives untill the fuking Maoists figured out the protection ratings of the MPV and decided to increase the size of their IEDs by 10+ times.

80 kg, 120kg upwards TNT equivalent IEDs destroyed Aditya , the MPVs would be flung up in the air due to the pressure type IEDs being used leading to death of concussed and unconscious personnel's inside due to impact , the MPVs were withdrawn and transferred to CT units fighting jihadis . Use of MPV / MRAP was prohibited since the size of the IEDs being used was powerful enough to incapacitate a tank. Tactics was changed to on foot patrolling in danger zones.

Using ur argument against you

https://www.pressreader.com/india/commercial-vehicle/20120417/281681136867679

Since actual top speed is 85 km/hr and not 50 km/hr as is mistakenly mentioned in the article u posted. so now ur entire argument falls flat .

What's the difference between MPV and MRAP ?

Practically zero . Both are interchangeable terms . Depends on the OEM on what term they choose to use.

Yuktirath MPV has considerable number of orders , including repeat orders. 1200+ produced / orders for Aditya / Yuktirath combine. Slow down orders were issued because MPVs were being withdrawn from CI ops for reasons I mentioned above. Won an international tender against casspir and an American MRAP.

That source u posted is wrong wrt the top speed , the writer mistook the cruise ( patrol ) speed of 50 km/hr as the top speed . Yuktirath top speed is 85 km/hr . ( Google it if u want )

MRAPs / MPVs r not part of IA ORBAT .

They are used only in

1. CI ops ( Maoists ) and by the police in the jungles but since long they withdrew MPVs from ops because Maoists started using 80+ kg IEDs.

2. CT ops ( Jihadis ) and by RR units / police to provide protection against jihadi stone pelters or sniper fire or suprise ambush by small arms during contact in urban areas mostly. Other uses r there eg during movement in or out of a base a empty MPV runs ahead of the convoy fitted with combined MRPI and jammers etc to provide protection. IEDs r rare in jihadi prone areas due to tight intelligence , constant patrolling and threat of quid pro quo action across the border.

I don't think it is about science and technology , it is basically about how u got mislead by incorrect information. Top speed is 85 km/hr not 50 km/hr.

Composite materials and speciality steels like HNS helps to reduce weight while providing far greater protection and required speeds.

Again repeating MPV and MRAP nomenclature is interchangeable . Depends entirely on the OEM.

Yuthirath uses composites on the sides

Yuthirath is able to defeat 7.62 x 51 NATO ball / AP , 7.62 x 39 steel core , 7.62 x 54R API

" Looks " ?

Lol

The situation is more akin to inadequate knowledge of science.

Composites and speciality steels r the better alternatives as of now.

I am not upto date but AFAIK as I know ceramic for armouring is difficult because of poor adhesion property . Maybe things have changed.

And end note how much IED protection one puts on a MRAP / MPV end of the day it is going to lose vis a vis IEDs which exceed the protection level. If terrrorists starts deploying 50 kg or 100 kg TNT equivalent IEDs by simply adding more explosives no MRAP / MPV gonna survive if it gets hit by the IED.

Naaaa, I've been long enough on this forum to know Indian man @nemesis8u defending Indian products for sake of national pride grin

Hello nemesis8u, hope you are in good spirits and all is well with you.

Here's my reply Bro –

There is NO official specs & tech data on Yuktirath MPV published by its manufacturer Ordinance Factory Board ! This destroys all your claims of being correct.

Be mature Bro, take some words loosely on a mere forum - 'copy' doesn't mean 100% exactly similar copy, that will be a clone - 'looks like', means seems like.

We are all quoting private media sources that write different data. Nothing makes your claims right and mine wrong.

I have read all publications on Yuktirath before I wrote, so nothing new to me in your long story.

Media publications clearly and correctly say India copied Casspir to make Aditya & Yuktirath, you deny and say it was used as inspiration not copied. Whom are you fooling Bro? We may be Africans but not ignorant. India bought many Casspirs, years later made Yuktirath designed so much like Casspir, same thing India did to South African NTW anti-material rifle. You copied Casspir grin

I say ceramic is 3 times price of steel in armouring, yes am right, check market prices. Your long story on composite is repeating common knowledge from internet my brother grin

I have debated tired on composites including ceramic type face to face with MRAP manufacturers, they all say - too expensive, major repairs impossible, whole panel or vehicle often writen off, etc.

F = ma & a = F/m Newtons 2nd law. No way you increase resistance to more kg of TNT, you must increase steel armour, that increases weight, that increases m = mass, that reduces a = acceleration speed of vehicle.

All these are simple basic science of physics I don't need to write to prove my statement that once the Indian OEM factory OFB increases Yuktirath armour to resist 3 times Casspir TNT the Yuktirath must reduce something, like speed, hull body armour, or factory OEM played game of using composites like the ceramics I said costs 3 times more money.

Above are the ways you can have same vehicle weight as other MRAPs and yet resist like 3 times explosive TNT. There is no magic in landmine explosive resistance, MRAPs are not magical, its all largely a game of varied thickness and strength of materials used in making these vehicles.

As long as a published report says max speed is 50km, and no official factory data counters it, you cannot say it's wrong. Your preferred source of 85km is just as unofficial as mine.

Mine makes sense by law of physics, so I quoted it.

Ambush Protection in MRAP :

It's your India that calls their MRAP a MPV, the rest of the world does not interchange it, and India is not world standard on MRAP, it's the South Africa that invented it, next is America.

I notice all Indian made MPVs lack Ambush Protection essentials of MRAPs :

Speed 100km to 150km
&
Hull armour 7.62mm AP to 14.5mm AP

Many South African, American, Russian, Israeli MRAPs have variants with these special ambush survival and escape essentials of speed to escape & body armour thickness to resist bullets. Indian vehicles focus on land mines, so more of MPV Mine Protected Vehicles than Ambush Protected.

This Ambush Protection issue offends your national pride, well no vex o ! grin

As long as some media publications say Yuktirath hull resists 7.62mm Ball bullets you cannot say they are wrong because you saw one that says Armour Piercing 7.62mm AP. You selected only data that promotes your national pride.

Dear @nemsis8u, be proud of India but also be honest and not claim I am wrong you only are right, when there is NO official data from manufacturer to prove anything.

No offense Bro. Do have a lovely weekend.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
Odunayaw:
What does delta wings & canards have to do with the generation of the craft? Are all 4th gen jets with them?

Take your sight technology to the arts and entertainment industry. Serious ones have mentioned the JFs use of composites.

Start your education here https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/fc-1.htm

Here is what the designers have to say for the Block 1&2 Composite Flight Control System comprising
conventional controls with stability augmentation in roll and yaw axis and fly by wire in pitch axis.

Quad-redundancy in Fly By Wire System

Yours not his.

In all, I'm yet to see what is anachronistic from the looks. And you sir, sound like you have a score against the jet. I hope your times in India isn't affecting you
it think that article is a little wrong. First jf17 has more metal than composites. And what are stealth and jf17 doing in one page?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Zulum departs Maiduguri for Banki town at border of Chad Republic.

On his continues efforts to resettle all the IDPs, provide humanitarian support and bring back the lost glory of Borno State, Borno Governor Prof Babagana Umara Zulum has today departed Maiduguri for Banki Local Government area in Borno State to see the condition of his people with a view to providing succor.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
Toju200:
undecided SMH so wait in your mind na...You don talk word undecided you can imagine

BABA, WORDS OF WISDOM HERE:
DONT PLAY IN THE MUD WITH PIGS.
YOU GET DIRTY. THEY GET HAPPY.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Faithful007:
it think that article is a little wrong. First jf17 has more metal than composites. And what are stealth and jf17 doing in one page?
It didn't say the JF17 was all composites did it?
Things contribute to stealth (Reduced RCS) e.g composites
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
$
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
mekussa:

BABA, WORDS OF WISDOM HERE:
DONT PLAY IN THE MUD WITH PIGS.
YOU GET DIRTY. THEY GET HAPPY.

The pigs here are those who just come to look for trouble. Someone will just quote you and say you are smoking weed and have brain damage. Imagine.

From nowhere. And he has done it severally in the past, just quote and say someone smokes weed. Today, he got it really hot from that guy.

He will not mess up next time. There is always a time to dance naked with a mad man, to put a stop to certain things . It's a faceless forum anyway .

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
GeneralMarshall:

The pigs here are those who just come to look for trouble. Someone will just quote you and say you are smoking weed and have brain damage. Imagine.

From nowhere. And he has done it severally in the past, just quote and say someone smokes weed. Today, he got it really hot from that guy.

He will not mess up next time. There is always a time to dance naked with a mad man, to put a stop to certain things . It's a faceless forum anyway .

You're obviously suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder. grin
From which guy exactly.?
Is this not your second moniker?
Marshall if e no good for your brain. QUIT tongue

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
demolition:

From which guy exactly.?

Really undecided

Lets get back to military stuffs. Okay.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
Odunayaw:
It didn't say the JF17 was all composites did it?
Things contribute to stealth (Reduced RCS) e.g composites
Well for that stealth own grin, Me and you know that it shouldn't even be mentioned. JF17's RCS still gonna be damn high. the radar used alone shows that those guys weren't thinking about stealth at all. There's advantage though, over all the metallic parts should reduce maintenance. I heard that a good number of F-22s are not battle ready due to high cost of skin maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 14, 2020
ecomog1990:

Do have a lovely weekend.

This is a sequence of events -

You claimed something

A fellow countrymen of urs posts info to puncture the claim

Then u post data which suits ur pov, made up claims and a funny " science & tech story " to prop up ur story and ironically defend ur " pride "

I then replied to puncture " the science & tech story " . My entire point was on " Speciality steel & composites keeps weight down with increased protection. " to counter your claim that increased armour will increase weight and reduce speed.

Then u replied with F= ma cock and bull logic among others to skirt the real point of contention and obviously ending with my pride as the big issue lol

Fair enough considering many people appreciated and agreed to ur post .

But this changes things now and having being reminded maybe I have after all some pride and so best leave u guys to talk about " science & tech " & " f=ma ".

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ecomog1990: 1:40am On Sep 14, 2020
nemesis8u:

This is a sequence of events -

You claimed something

A fellow countrymen of urs posts info to puncture the claim

Then u post data which suits ur pov, made up claims and a funny " science & tech story " to prop up ur story and ironically defend ur " pride "

I then replied to puncture " the science & tech story " . My entire point was on " Speciality steel & composites keeps weight down with increased protection. " to counter your claim that increased armour will increase weight and reduce speed.

Then u replied with F= ma cock and bull logic among others to skirt the real point of contention and obviously ending with my pride as the big issue lol

Fair enough considering many people appreciated and agreed to ur post .

But this changes things now and having being reminded maybe I have after all some pride and so best leave u guys to talk about " science & tech " & " f=ma ".

Come on nemesis8u, it's not a fight now, we are proving military science to entertain & inform our dear readers.

My countryman didn't puncture my claim. I asked "how many MRAPS do you see resist above 14 kg under hull?"

I NEVER said none exists above 14kg TNT.

He said actually proved me right by finding only one such on the planet and said Yuktirath MPV ; or do you know up to five such MRAPs?

We find only 1 out of like 100 MRAP types, shows my 'how many ?' is very correct.

Ah !!! grin It's me that first mentioned composite armour not you o nemesis !!!
In my answer to Yuktirath 45kg I said only alternatives like ceramics (used in composite mix) can let Yuktirath MPV gain 3 times increased resistance above Casspir. Please don't steal my own points and claim it as yours o! grin

Don't be angry that I said there is NO official factory OEM data on Yuktirath MPV to prove me wrong and you right, that's the truth that destroys all your claims of correctness : dear brother, no vex because truth is bitter. grin

Indian Pride is not a crime. I love India, those your fine girls, flat belly, figure 8, 'red dot 4 love' on their foreheads, sweet !!!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 2:31am On Sep 14, 2020
And no one bothered to alert me that a brawl has taken place on this thread grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 3:23am On Sep 14, 2020
demolition:

From which guy exactly.?

�����
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 14, 2020
ecomog1990:

Ah !!! grin It's me that first mentioned composite armour not you o nemesis !!!

This is my last post

U claimed this in ur post

" Its about science & tech, once you increase armour weight the speed reduces proportionately"

It was my main point of contention , the very science & tech u invoked has advanced so much that use of speciality steels and composites allows one to increase protection without a corresponding increase in weight thereby preserving desired mobility.

"If they double Casspir IED spec, they have compromised another spec to gain that one."

This claim of urs I disputed because you r ignorant about the use of speciality steel and composites which allows one to increase protection without compromising weight and mobility specs

" Ah !!! grin It's me that first mentioned composite armour not you o nemesis !!! "

That's an out right lie u explicitly mentioned ceramic armour not composite armour ( which I mentioned first ) . Here is proof below which u wrote in reply to youghs

" Option of ceramics armour to save weight, means you increase cost price 3 times so 400k MRAP becomes $1.2 million, then too expensive to repair that vehicle is written off and lost out of inventory after only one IED blast. "

Now you posted this in reply to me

" I said only alternatives like ceramics (used in composite mix) "

Composite armour is a mix of various materials which may or may not use ceramics . Therefore Composite armour ( even if it uses ceramics ) is different and ceramic armour is different . 2 entirely different armouring material.

A person who is in the technical know , will never indulge in play of words and obscuration . He will be a man of few words sticking to technicalities only.

I have no reasons to be angry lol , I am only taken aback at the level of straw man arguments and selective bias which is down right tragic .

The only thing that was in bad taste for me was how u kept bringing up pride and references to such . Pride is is best left to individuals who actually achieve things which r a matter of pride for them . appreciating is another matter. I am here for my own pleasure not to exibit any pride.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 7:02am On Sep 14, 2020
Texman21:
And no one bothered to alert me that a brawl has taken place on this thread grin
If dem arrange meeting now the guy go change mouth grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2020
Please all those Vehicles that are being manufactured by Dicion(or Eagle Manufacturing any one grin) Apart from Ezugwu, which of them is amoured like this proforce Wizard F2??

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2020
joshingjosh:
Please all those Vehicles that are being manufactured by Dicion(or Eagle Manufacturing any one grin) Apart from Ezugwu, which of them is amoured like this proforce Wizard F2??

NAC-V. I don't think there's any vehicle DICON is producing that's not armoured except from their IPVs
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 11:17am On Sep 14, 2020
Kalapizim:
If dem arrange meeting now the guy go change mouth grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2020
The Nigerian army has evolved well...

Then vs Now..... notice the better kits now

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
DICON rocket project

Source: Online wink

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
Please where are these NA vehicles. Anyone seen them in the NE theatre

It seems some equipment are not being used in this war. Am not sure sha.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
Faithful007:
Well for that stealth own grin, Me and you know that it shouldn't even be mentioned. JF17's RCS still gonna be damn high. the radar used alone shows that those guys weren't thinking about stealth at all. There's advantage though, over all the metallic parts should reduce maintenance. I heard that a good number of F-22s are not battle ready due to high cost of skin maintenance.
In the marketing of the Gripen, they added talks of stealth because of small RCS.. Abi you think say na only shaping they reduce RCS?

And what do you mean "Radar used alone"?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
youghs:

NAC-V. I don't think there's any vehicle DICON is producing that's not armoured except from their IPVs

I mean something with all round protection of like 7.62mm

(1) (2) (3) ... (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.