Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025845 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
I know I have to swear that I'm not making this up
so, I swear, not making this up grin
every new aircraft must have an issue to be resolved, it doesn't mean that the jf17 won't have its own issues too.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2020
Who is following up on what is happening in Ghana... I don't think such a thing can ever happen in Nigeria.

Some armed men took over a state, and they declared independence.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2020
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXgUyv1wNfk
impressive, local content at its best, kudos, kudos.
we need drones, drones, drones... God we need more drones. I know some more are coming in, just cant wait.
who believes the attack on the Governors convoy would have been possible with a MALE drone loitering above.
who believes soldiers going out on routine clearance operations should have drones overhead for support to identify where enemy fire is coming from and taking out those targets.
In my opinion, I'm thinking controlling the drones with satellite(uplink) and relaying videos(downlink) is proving super expensive, could that be the reason why we don't have these UAV's in great numbers at this time, no other reason comes to mind as to why we dont have 50 to 100 UAV's at this point. I know we've been clamoring for UAV's since forever because it just seems like a no-brainer right? If we factor in the dollar cost of the communication link for these UAV's then maybe it makes sense as to why we dont have UAV's in great numbers just yet .

So i will suggest we stick to line of sight communications for now, but instead of the just one base station that controls the gulma or tsaigumi, the military should have at least 15 - 20 base stations to cover the entire north-east, north central, base stations like the ones telecommunication providers use but special purpose for communication with UAV's and to also relay communication to the next tower and the next tower and the next tower until it gets to command station. This should eliminate the need for satellite for uplink and downlink; then GPS can just be used for current location of UAV relative to the map- this literally cost pennies.
Think about it, if a UAV loiters for 15 -24 hrs, constantly sending HD video over satellite, I think we can all guess it'll get expensive really fast.
But if we adopt the multiple ground station method, I think we can overcome this hiccup, even though we have a geostationary satellite of our own NIGCOMSAT 1R is 1 out of the 5 satellites we've put up, I'm guessing its still very expensive for the military to utilize this satellite effectively and efficiently.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2020
BabaOwen:
Who is following up on what is happening in Ghana... I don't think such a thing can ever happen in Nigeria.

Some armed men took over a state, and they declared independence.

They blockaded the roads leading to the Volta region
They say they want their Western Togoland back championed by the Homeland Study Group Foundation (HSGF). They've been training soldiers for years now; arrests are usually made but nothing comes of it. The Ghana government apparently doesn't want to handle the group with a tough fist, they are hoping the group will die a natural death; bad idea. Now they've sacked a police station and carted away guns and ammunition, blockaded the roads leading to the Volta region claiming independence, saying they did not agree to be part of Independent Ghana ab initio.

The Volta region where HGSF is domiciled is majority EWE people, they constitute about 13% of the country

distinct from the AKAN people who are the majority in the south and constitute about 57% of the country

GA people control central Accra, where Ghana's capital lies.

Current president Nana Akufo Addo identifies as GA

Current past president John Mahama also contending in upcoming elections identifies as NORTHERN

President before him was John Atta Mills identifies as AKAN

Longest ruling president Jerry John Rawlings identifies as EWE

His Majesty DF Nii Okwei Kinka Dowuona VI is the Osu Mantse or King of the GA people of Osu in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana,
he is the King that allegedly ordered the demolition of the Nigerian building not too long ago.

we are waiting to see how the Ghana government deals with this issue. Lets see if their gra gra is for real.
about 19 persons were arrested out of the hundreds that participated in the demonstration. airlifted to the capital.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by strenghtt: 11:32am On Sep 26, 2020
UltimateDreamer:

we need drones, drones, drones... God we need more drones. I know some more are coming in, just cant wait.
who believes the attack on the Governors convoy would have been possible with a MALE drone loitering above.
who believes soldiers going out on routine clearance operations should have drones overhead for support to identify where enemy fire is coming from and taking out those targets.
In my opinion, I'm thinking controlling the drones with satellite(uplink) and relaying videos(downlink) is proving super expensive, could that be the reason why we don't have these UAV's in great numbers at this time, no other reason comes to mind as to why we dont have 50 to 100 UAV's at this point. I know we've been clamoring for UAV's since forever because it just seems like a no-brainer right? If we factor in the dollar cost of the communication link for these UAV's then maybe it makes sense as to why we dont have UAV's in great numbers just yet .

So i will suggest we stick to line of sight communications for now, but instead of the just one base station that controls the gulma or tsaigumi, the military should have at least 15 - 20 base stations to cover the entire north-east, north central, base stations like the ones telecommunication providers use but special purpose for communication with UAV's and to also relay communication to the next tower and the next tower and the next tower until it gets to command station. This should eliminate the need for satellite for uplink and downlink; then GPS can just be used for current location of UAV relative to the map- this literally cost pennies.
Think about it, if a UAV loiters for 15 -24 hrs, constantly sending HD video over satellite, I think we can all guess it'll get expensive really fast.
But if we adopt the multiple ground station method, I think we can overcome this hiccup, even though we have a geostationary satellite of our own NIGCOMSAT 1R is 1 out of the 5 satellites we've put up, I'm guessing its still very expensive for the military to utilize this satellite effectively and efficiently.

WHAT IF BOKO BOYS /ISWAP GET THEIR HANDS ON 10% OF SUCH TECH YOU LISTED UP ? WILL NIGERIA'S MILITARY SURVIVE IT? BUYING WEAPONS ALONE DOES NOT BRING AUTOMATIC VICTORY IN WAR !!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

It confidence.... And maybe they didn't have reasonable time to shift thier shipments before the secret police would arrive
And it's possible that foul play may not be involved... The bad guys may have had forward lookout who spotted the coming of DSS and therefore prepared...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 11:50am On Sep 26, 2020
Faithful007:
every new aircraft must have an issue to be resolved, it doesn't mean that the jf17 won't have its own issues too.

ikr, abi oh, its just that for the price of the F35 (90 - 120 million dollars), to find out that it cannot fly when there's a thunderstorm just sounds absolutely unbelievable. That's like buying a huge generator only to find out it cant work when the sun shines too bright..
Again, one simply cannot make this up. The so called Russians are looking at them with side eye, so much for a so called 5th gen jet. In the opinion of almost every professional fighter jet aficionado, this f35 is a boondoggle.
Yes the JF17 will have issues but inability to fly when it rains heavy is definitely not one of them.
I get your point tho; for sure with the local capacity been built, repairs and overhaul of the jf17 should be a walk in the park.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 11:54am On Sep 26, 2020
UltimateDreamer:

Multiple ground station control for UAV is not so effective because of high latency throughput on the several relay links.
Multiple ground station could work well with satellite links as redundancy and handover mechanism for the UAV.
Still expensive but can be done.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

It confidence.... And maybe they didn't have reasonable time to shift thier shipments before the secret police would arrive

Unlikely, it seems to me. Since for your suggestion to work, Mole would have had to know only at the last minute that Dss was about to move on the location. This means that , before the minute, Mole would have had no prior knowledge of the department’s knowledge of the Gun suppliers’ location, which is doubtful. And imagine the risk of discovery Mole would run, making hurried contact with Gun suppliers that Dss was on the way. Your bravado suggestion seems even unlikelier.

If Suppliers require more than a day to shift their equipment and arms catch, Shoot out with Dss would mean they escaped after the confrontation and left everything behind.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
1. In continuation of aggressive clearance operation to stamp out banditry and other criminal activities in North Central zone of the country, troops of Operation WHIRL STROKE and 117 Guards Battalion recorded appreciable successes against criminal elements. Troops while on joint clearance operation on 25 September 2020 around Mararaba Udege in Nasarawa State raided a suspected kidnappers' camp along Bakonu road in Nasarawa Local Government Area. In the course of the operation, 3 kidnapped victims were rescued while 2 kidnappers were killed in action. Rescued victims have been reunited with their families.

2. In another development, following credible intelligence on the possible regrouping of some elements linked to late Gana at a hideout around Kwaghaondo village in Chanchanji council ward of Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State, troops of Sector 2 conducted a dawn raid operation at the identified hideout. The gallant troops made contact with the armed militia elements who opened fire and fled as troops closed in on their position. Troops swiftly responded with superior firepower which led to the killing of 2 bandits while one AK 47 rifle, one magazine and 15 rounds of 7.62mm Special ammunition were recovered. Currentlty troops have continued to dominate the area with aggressive patrols and ambushes to deny bandits freedom of action.

3. The Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies remain committed, resolute and determined to curtail the activities of insurgents, bandits and other criminal elements in the country. Members of the general public are requested to always continue to provide timely information on the activities of criminals in their various localities to the nearest military and other security agencies location for prompt action.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
26 September 2020.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
Litmus:

Unlikely, it seems to me. Since for your suggestion to work, Mole would have had to know only at the last minute that Dss was about to move on the location. This means that , before the minute, Mole would have had no prior knowledge of the department’s knowledge of the Gun suppliers’ location. Imagine the risk of discovery Mole would run, making hurried contact with Gun suppliers that Dss was on the way. Your bravado suggestion seems even unlikelier.

If Suppliers require more than a day to shift their equipment and arms catch, Shoot out with Dss would mean they escaped after the confrontation and left everything behind.
Ah, yea I get
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka1: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
UltimateDreamer:

ikr, abi oh, its just that for the price of the F35 (90 - 120 million dollars), to find out that it cannot fly when there's a thunderstorm just sounds absolutely unbelievable. That's like buying a huge generator only to find out it cant work when the sun shines too bright..
Again, one simply cannot make this up. The so called Russians are looking at them with side eye, so much for a so called 5th gen jet. In the opinion of almost every professional fighter jet aficionado, this f35 is a boondoggle.
Yes the JF17 will have issues but inability to fly when it rains heavy is definitely not one of them.
I get your point tho; for sure with the local capacity been built, repairs and overhaul of the jf17 should be a walk in the park.

Your story about the F-35A not flying was to do with a particular fault to their aircraft. Other F-35s have been flying as the F-35B clip from the QE aircraft carrier below shows.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309180885854498818

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

Ah, yea I get

Seems more likely DSS intelligence on the Gun Suppliers strength was wrong evident in Dss tactics. Dss may have charged in to where Gun Suppliers were holding up believing them to be a little Local in their set up and instead met with sophisticated well armed Gun Suppliers. Had Dss summation of Gun Suppliers been more accurate, Dss may have adopted the tactics, not of overwhelming the Gun Suppliers with even superior or equal fire power, but surrounding the Suppliers hideout with much manpower (DSS and police) and hailing them on loud speaker to surrender and come out. Gun suppliers would not have been as successful as they were, on the fateful day, if circumstances meant that they had to rush out, shooting their way to escape.

Anyway, just my uninformed thoughts
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
#NA
#CION
#E.O.D guys

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
#NA
#SNIPERS
#TRACKERS

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by PrinxArthur1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
bidex111:
#NA
#SNIPERS
#TRACKERS
i love the muzzle flash suppressor

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
Satellite has a higher latency than ptp(which would be what they would use) With good radio's u'd get good latency 10ms or less

persius555:

Multiple ground station control for UAV is not so effective because of high latency throughput on the several relay links.
Multiple ground station could work well with satellite links as redundancy and handover mechanism for the UAV.
Still expensive but can be done.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

And it's possible that foul play may not be involved... The bad guys may have had forward lookout who spotted the coming of DSS and therefore prepared...
Black hawk down comes to mind. This should teach them lessons to always have disabling communications in mind whenever they are going on such operations. They have the capability but they are just lazy. If a terrorist/rebel is generous to the people around his locality, it will be very easy for him to evade suprise attacks. Just one phone call can lead to the death of several officers.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
It is now very obvious that Baga town is very strategic and important to BH/ISWAP. A normal thinking individual knows that should be a major target of the military right now if not the most important, but then these people will never fail to disappoint. First all areas adjacent to the town should be cleared totally. Then the town should be cut off from other settlements and supply route. If possible, a supercamp should be established in the town with same fortification as maiduguri or mongunno..... Ditch all around with very limited access points. If we can deny the terrorist access to the land, then we have successfully removed one of their major source of revenue and we will have a very strong base in Northern Borno/lake Chad region from which to lunch attacks on BH/ISWAP camps.
If the establishment of the supercamp and subsequent fortifications are not done with incredible speed, it will just lead to a massive slaughter of NA soldiers. Capturing and securing Baga is key to capturing and securing all other settlements in Northern Borno like Doro Gowon etc.
The military will have to invest in utility helicopters to supply troops in Baga because the town is located 50km from Mongunno and 35km from kukawa(not sure but let's assume it's controlled by Nigeria) providing lots of opportunities for ambushing on roads.
After capturing and fortifying Baga town, same thing must also be done with Doro gowon within weeks of not subsequently(logistics might be a constraint here but doing it subsequently has massive advantages; devising BH/ISWAP forces) because the town is barely 5km from Baga and can be used to launch attacks on Baga.
Easier said than done but can still be done. Do these and we've largely defeated BH/ISWAP and the military can focus on other parts of the country like North west, Middle belt and parts of North Central riddled with all sorts of criminal elements.
And at this stage, Nigerian army should be doing all it can to protect officers who have gathered loads of experience on counter insurgency for several years so they can teach younger generations.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
GENERAL COURT MARTIAL SENTENCES MWO OYEBANJI, 3 OTHERS TO 21 YEARS IMPRISONMENT, REDUCTION IN RANK

Four executive members of the 151 Base Services Group (151 BSG) Multipurpose Cooperative Society, Makurdi, who were standing trial before a General Court Martial (GCM), sitting at the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Base, Makurdi for criminal misappropriation of over N41,000,000.00, were, on 24 September 2020, awarded various sentences. The 4 NAF personnel, who were arraigned before the GCM for Misappropriation of Cooperative Funds, amongst other offences, include Flight Lieutenant (Flt Lt) Sherifi Olawoore, Flying Officer (Fg Offr) Ademola Adekoya, Master Warrant Officer (MWO) Michael Oyebanji and Warrant Officer (WO) Paul Atteh. The personnel were sentenced based on their levels of involvement.

Delivering his judgement, the President of the GCM, Air Commodore Nazib Aliyu, pronounced the 4 accused personnel guilty of various charges. Flt Lt Olawoore was tried for negligently performing his duty as the President of the Cooperative, found guilty and awarded 6 months loss of seniority. In the same vein, Fg Offr Adekoya was tried for negligently performing his duty as Secretary of the Cooperative. He was found guilty and awarded one year loss of seniority.

MWO Michael Oyebanji, who was the Vice President of the Cooperative, was tried on a 46 count charge, including; Criminal Breach of Trust, Theft, Criminal Conspiracy, Criminal Misappropriation, Making of False Documents and Conduct to the Prejudice of Service Discipline, contrary to Sections 114 and 103 (d) of the Armed Forces Act Cap A20 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 and Sections 312, 287, 96 and 309 of the Penal Code Cap P3 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004. He was found guilty on all 46 counts and subsequently sentenced to serve 21 years imprisonment, cumulatively, as well as reduction in rank to Corporal and ordered to refund all monies misappropriated. In the same vein, WO Paul Atteh, who was tried for negligently performing his duty as the Treasurer of the Cooperative as well as for the Making of False Documents and Criminal Breach of Trust, was found guilty of all 3 charges. He was awarded reduction in rank from WO to Sergeant, in the first instance, and then eventually reduced to the rank of Corporal. He is also required to pay a fine of N1,000,000.00. Meanwhile, the GCM has ordered the release of WO Atteh from detention.

While pleading in mitigation, the Defence Counsel urged the Court to show leniency, describing the Accused Persons as first-time offenders. The sentences were announced as being subject to confirmation by the Appropriate Superior Authority. However, it is within the rights of the Accused Personnel to appeal the judgment of the GCM, if they are dissatisfied.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
26 September 2020

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
#PressRelease #DHQUpdate

OPERATION HAIL STORM 2: AIR TASK FORCE NEUTRALIZES SCORES OF TERRORISTS, INFLICTS MASSIVE DAMAGE TO THEIR CAMPS AT TONGULE, BONE AND ISARI MUSA IN BORNO STATE

1. Air strikes being executed in Borno State by the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE under subsidiary Operation HAIL STORM 2 have continued to yield tangible results. The latest of these include the massive destruction of Boko Haram Terrorists’ (BHTs’) Camps and neutralization of scores of their fighters in a night attack at Tongule on 24 September and daytime raids at Bone and Isari B Musa on 25 September 2020.

2. The strike on Tongule was undertaken after surveillance missions revealed continued assembly of the terrorists within the settlement at nighttime. Accordingly, the Air Task Force dispatched Nigerian Air Force (NAF) helicopter gunships for a night attack on the location, with their barrage of rockets neutralizing several of the terrorists.

3. Bone, a settlement along the Yale-Kumshe axis, on the other hand, was attacked by a force package of NAF fighter jets and helicopter gunships after credible intelligence reports established that the location served as a staging area from where the terrorists launch attacks. The NAF attack aircraft engaged the location in multiple bomb and rocket runs, destroying several of their structures and neutralizing scores of terrorists. Similarly, at Isari B Musa several terrorists, who were observed both within and in bushes surrounding the settlement, were taken out as the NAF attack aircraft took turns in engaging the target area.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
26 September 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PQ_SmNCZZw

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
kenpaul0:
Satellite has a higher latency than ptp(which would be what they would use) With good radio's u'd get good latency 10ms or less

Cumulative on several links could be pretty high and unpredictable. Iridium LEO communication satellites latency figure is about 40-50ms. A better but more expensive investment.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lagusboyyy(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
Whyem15:
It is now very obvious that Baga town is very strategic and important to BH/ISWAP. A normal thinking individual knows that should be a major target of the military right now if not the most important, but then these people will never fail to disappoint. First all areas adjacent to the town should be cleared totally. Then the town should be cut off from other settlements and supply route. If possible, a supercamp should be established in the town with same fortification as maiduguri or mongunno..... Ditch all around with very limited access points. If we can deny the terrorist access to the land, then we have successfully removed one of their major source of revenue and we will have a very strong base in Northern Borno/lake Chad region from which to lunch attacks on BH/ISWAP camps.
If the establishment of the supercamp and subsequent fortifications are not done with incredible speed, it will just lead to a massive slaughter of NA soldiers. Capturing and securing Baga is key to capturing and securing all other settlements in Northern Borno like Doro Gowon etc.
The military will have to invest in utility helicopters to supply troops in Baga because the town is located 50km from Mongunno and 35km from kukawa(not sure but let's assume it's controlled by Nigeria) providing lots of opportunities for ambushing on roads.
After capturing and fortifying Baga town, same thing must also be done with Doro gowon within weeks of not subsequently(logistics might be a constraint here but doing it subsequently has massive advantages; devising BH/ISWAP forces) because the town is barely 5km from Baga and can be used to launch attacks on Baga.
Easier said than done but can still be done. Do these and we've largely defeated BH/ISWAP and the military can focus on other parts of the country like North west, Middle belt and parts of North Central riddled with all sorts of criminal elements.
And at this stage, Nigerian army should be doing all it can to protect officers who have gathered loads of experience on counter insurgency for several years so they can teach younger generations.
Nice suggestion!

But always remember "EASIER SAID THAN DONE"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by decatalyst(m): 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
i love the muzzle flash suppressor

Such a beautiful piece.

No wonder he is clutching it that way cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
lagusboyyy:
Nice suggestion!

But always remember "EASIER SAID THAN DONE"
It could easily be done, if they wanna do it.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2020
bidex111:
#PressRelease #DHQUpdate

OPERATION HAIL STORM 2: AIR TASK FORCE NEUTRALIZES SCORES OF TERRORISTS, INFLICTS MASSIVE DAMAGE TO THEIR CAMPS AT TONGULE, BONE AND ISARI MUSA IN BORNO STATE

1. Air strikes being executed in Borno State by the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE under subsidiary Operation HAIL STORM 2 have continued to yield tangible results. The latest of these include the massive destruction of Boko Haram Terrorists’ (BHTs’) Camps and neutralization of scores of their fighters in a night attack at Tongule on 24 September and daytime raids at Bone and Isari B Musa on 25 September 2020.

2. The strike on Tongule was undertaken after surveillance missions revealed continued assembly of the terrorists within the settlement at nighttime. Accordingly, the Air Task Force dispatched Nigerian Air Force (NAF) helicopter gunships for a night attack on the location, with their barrage of rockets neutralizing several of the terrorists.

3. Bone, a settlement along the Yale-Kumshe axis, on the other hand, was attacked by a force package of NAF fighter jets and helicopter gunships after credible intelligence reports established that the location served as a staging area from where the terrorists launch attacks. The NAF attack aircraft engaged the location in multiple bomb and rocket runs, destroying several of their structures and neutralizing scores of terrorists. Similarly, at Isari B Musa several terrorists, who were observed both within and in bushes surrounding the settlement, were taken out as the NAF attack aircraft took turns in engaging the target area.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
26 September 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PQ_SmNCZZw
very well done
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
rka1:

Your story about the F-35A not flying was to do with a particular fault to their aircraft. Other F-35s have been flying as the F-35B clip from the QE aircraft carrier below shows.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309180885854498818

No, this is a program wide issue for the F35A. Its due to the leakage of inert gases that greatly increase the possibility of spontaneous combustion if the airplane flies in or around complex weather systems like thunderstorms. Meaning the airplane can explode if its hit with lightning. Word. Lockheed Martin has advised operators of the plane to fly at least 25 miles away from thunderstorms.... I find myself shaking my head vigorously while I type this because it seems so unbelievable, but I reiterate, this is all fact. This has been a reoccurring for the f35a issue since 2010

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
bidex111:
GENERAL COURT MARTIAL SENTENCES MWO OYEBANJI, 3 OTHERS TO 21 YEARS IMPRISONMENT, REDUCTION IN RANK

Four executive members of the 151 Base Services Group (151 BSG) Multipurpose Cooperative Society, Makurdi, who were standing trial before a General Court Martial (GCM), sitting at the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Base, Makurdi for criminal misappropriation of over N41,000,000.00, were, on 24 September 2020, awarded various sentences. The 4 NAF personnel, who were arraigned before the GCM for Misappropriation of Cooperative Funds, amongst other offences, include Flight Lieutenant (Flt Lt) Sherifi Olawoore, Flying Officer (Fg Offr) Ademola Adekoya, Master Warrant Officer (MWO) Michael Oyebanji and Warrant Officer (WO) Paul Atteh. The personnel were sentenced based on their levels of involvement.

Delivering his judgement, the President of the GCM, Air Commodore Nazib Aliyu, pronounced the 4 accused personnel guilty of various charges. Flt Lt Olawoore was tried for negligently performing his duty as the President of the Cooperative, found guilty and awarded 6 months loss of seniority. In the same vein, Fg Offr Adekoya was tried for negligently performing his duty as Secretary of the Cooperative. He was found guilty and awarded one year loss of seniority.

MWO Michael Oyebanji, who was the Vice President of the Cooperative, was tried on a 46 count charge, including; Criminal Breach of Trust, Theft, Criminal Conspiracy, Criminal Misappropriation, Making of False Documents and Conduct to the Prejudice of Service Discipline, contrary to Sections 114 and 103 (d) of the Armed Forces Act Cap A20 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 and Sections 312, 287, 96 and 309 of the Penal Code Cap P3 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004. He was found guilty on all 46 counts and subsequently sentenced to serve 21 years imprisonment, cumulatively, as well as reduction in rank to Corporal and ordered to refund all monies misappropriated. In the same vein, WO Paul Atteh, who was tried for negligently performing his duty as the Treasurer of the Cooperative as well as for the Making of False Documents and Criminal Breach of Trust, was found guilty of all 3 charges. He was awarded reduction in rank from WO to Sergeant, in the first instance, and then eventually reduced to the rank of Corporal. He is also required to pay a fine of N1,000,000.00. Meanwhile, the GCM has ordered the release of WO Atteh from detention.

While pleading in mitigation, the Defence Counsel urged the Court to show leniency, describing the Accused Persons as first-time offenders. The sentences were announced as being subject to confirmation by the Appropriate Superior Authority. However, it is within the rights of the Accused Personnel to appeal the judgment of the GCM, if they are dissatisfied.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
26 September 2020

impressive, the military must continually rid itself of bad eggs that make life even harder than normal for the ordinary armed forces personnel. Meanwhile we wait to hear about the progress of some other very notable cases. hmm hmm, its been a while, but we have not forgotten. Justice must prevail.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2020
UltimateDreamer:

They say they want their Western Togoland back championed by the Homeland Study Group Foundation (HSGF). They've been training soldiers for years now; arrests are usually made but nothing comes of it. The Ghana government apparently doesn't want to handle the group with a tough fist, they are hoping the group will die a natural death; bad idea. Now they've sacked a police station and carted away guns and ammunition, blockaded the roads leading to the Volta region claiming independence, saying they did not agree to be part of Independent Ghana ab initio.

The Volta region where HGSF is domiciled is majority EWE people, they constitute about 13% of the country

distinct from the AKAN people who are the majority in the south and constitute about 57% of the country

Current past president John Mahama also contending in upcoming elections identifies as NORTHERN

His Majesty DF Nii Okwei Kinka Dowuona VI is the Osu Mantse or King of the GA people of Osu in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana,
he is the King that allegedly ordered the demolition of the Nigerian building not too long ago.

we are waiting to see how the Ghana government deals with this issue. Lets see if their gra gra is for real.
about 19 persons were arrested out of the hundreds that participated in the demonstration. airlifted to the capital.
I have a couple of evil ideas grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
An Air Commodore is crossed the sword today, One of the most decorated sword party I've witnessed !

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2020
Texman21:
I have a couple of evil ideas grin

hmm hmm hmm..... the heart of a human being grin grin
yes, we are all thinking it but its not worth it , irrespective of Ghana's recent shenanigans, she remains a very strong ally in the West African project..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 12:22am On Sep 27, 2020
UltimateDreamer:

I love what's happening in Ghana. Let them feel the pain cameroonians are feeling also with secessionist movements. Ghana has been hosting secessionist from so called ambazonia and has always refused to collaborate with the cameroonian government. Unlike Nigeria who has been helping cameroon and providing intelligence and real time arrest of those people, Ghana has been playing its own funny game. Even going to the extend of hosting some of their meetings with former ghanaian president Rawlings. They have been insulting Nigerian armed forces saying they are weak in face of BH. If the Ghanaians face what the NA having to fight, BH would be in Accra in 1 week.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.