Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025080 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by IGpro1(m): 1:24am On Sep 27, 2020
fabselad:

I love what's happening in Ghana. Let them feel the pain cameroonians are feeling also with secessionist movements. Ghana has been hosting secessionist from so called ambazonia and has always refused to collaborate with the cameroonian government. Unlike Nigeria who has been helping cameroon and providing intelligence and real time arrest of those people, Ghana has been playing its own funny game. Even going to the extend of hosting some of their meetings with former ghanaian president Rawlings. They have been insulting Nigerian armed forces saying they are weak in face of BH. If the Ghanaians face what the NA having to fight, BH would be in Accra in 1 week.
when I see an average Ghanaian soldier, what comes to mind is a well fed muscular Chicken. Hope things won't escalate more than this,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 1:24am On Sep 27, 2020
UltimateDreamer:

hmm hmm hmm..... the heart of a human being grin grin
yes, we are all thinking it but its not worth it , irrespective of Ghana's recent shenanigans, she remains a very strong ally in the West African project..
by their recent actions i don't think they want to be allies they want it all.its a golden opportunity to have them by the balls and teach them a lesson,i am sure someone agrees with me grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 1:27am On Sep 27, 2020
IGpro1:
when I see an average Ghanaian soldier, what comes to mind is a well fed muscular Chicken. Hope things won't escalate more than this,
muscular chicken!!!!!!! grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 2:04am On Sep 27, 2020
UltimateDreamer:

hmm hmm hmm..... the heart of a human being grin grin
yes, we are all thinking it but its not worth it , irrespective of Ghana's recent shenanigans, she remains a very strong ally in the West African project..
Lord lead me not into temptation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 6:28am On Sep 27, 2020
we shouldnt be mocking Ghana o.jeez.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 7:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Baga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 7:54am On Sep 27, 2020
Texman21:
by their recent actions i don't think they want to be allies they want it all.its a golden opportunity to have them by the balls and teach them a lesson,i am sure someone agrees with me grin

Haba guy cheesy grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2020
Texman21:

Those guys don't behave like allies. They look for the least opportunity to either insult or mock the NA. They like to behave like the are too perfect. Let the feel the pain. I hope the crises escalates.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2020
NA BTR-4E

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2020
fabselad:

Those guys don't behave like allies. They look for the least opportunity to either insult or mock the NA. They like to behave like the are too perfect. Let the feel the pain. I hope the crises escalates.
they are watching from a far thinking they know better.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
demolition:

Haba guy cheesy grin grin
just a taste of their medicine grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 10:04am On Sep 27, 2020
Western togoland Military academy

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:09am On Sep 27, 2020
Large scale conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Heavy casualties recorded. 2 helicopters, 15 drones and 3 tanks reportedly destroyed on the Azerbaijani side, while Azerbaijan government claims to have destroyed 12 Armenian Air defense artillery.
https://twitter.com/DonKlericuzio/status/1310126869912727552?s=19
Nawa for this 2020 oooo

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:37am On Sep 27, 2020
I don't know who attacked whom but US knew something was going to happen since yesterday, they issued travel advice to US citizens in both countries.
From early reports, it seems Azerbaijan launched a massive air campaign on a territory internationally recognized as Azerbaijan territory but occupied by Armenian troops. Both countries have declared martial law and have deployed heavy forces to the contested region. It might be a long war.
Several videos of azerbaijan tanks and military convoys being destroyed

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2020
There are at least 4 UNSC resolutions dating back to 1993 urging Armenia to withdraw its forces from Azerbaijan territory. All were ignored.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka1: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
UltimateDreamer:

No, this is a program wide issue for the F35A. Its due to the leakage of inert gases that greatly increase the possibility of spontaneous combustion if the airplane flies in or around complex weather systems like thunderstorms. Meaning the airplane can explode if its hit with lightning. Word. Lockheed Martin has advised operators of the plane to fly at least 25 miles away from thunderstorms.... I find myself shaking my head vigorously while I type this because it seems so unbelievable, but I reiterate, this is all fact. This has been a reoccurring for the f35a issue since 2010

Yeah! Granted it is the F-35A with the additional fuel tanks along the spine (F-35Bs have the vertical lift engine intake at that location), but it is like various issues found with new production aircraft and technologies, it will eventually be overcome as it is being investigated.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
Whyem15:
Large scale conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Heavy casualties recorded. 2 helicopters, 15 drones and 3 tanks reportedly destroyed on the Azerbaijani side, while Azerbaijan government claims to have destroyed 12 Armenian Air defense artillery.
https://twitter.com/DonKlericuzio/status/1310126869912727552?s=19
Nawa for this 2020 oooo

ghen ghen.... another proxy war between strongmen Erdogan and Putin
Erdogan's turkey supports majority Muslim Azerbaijan
Putin's Russia supports majority Christian Armenia
supposed contested territory is the self-styled Republic of Artsakh located in between both countries
Both have accused the other of flying in Syrian fighters with promise of 800dollar monthly salaries.
well, well, lets see how this unfolds

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
The Nigerian Air Force in coordination with the Nigerian Army and regional troops of the Multinational Joint Task Force ( MNJTF) launched a successfully coordinated intelligence-led aerial strike on Boko Haram Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP ) hideouts in the fringes of the Lake Chad Basin on September 26, 2020.

The precision airstrikes were deployed just hours after a surprise ambush by a unit of ISIS-linked Islamic State of West Africa Province on a resettlement convoy en route Baga - several brave soldiers, policemen and civilians were sacrificed and wounded. This is the second ambush on the convoy of the BORNO state government in less than three months. The governor was not in the convoy of the latest ISWAP ambush which occurred along Monguno cross Kauwa road in comparison to the July 2020 ambush in Baga town.

Impeccable sources have confirmed that the aerial strikes targeted ISWAP jihadist at a location given as ARINNA SORO — situated along the fringes of the Lake Chad and Nigeria's northeastern state of Borno.

An initial ground damage assessment revealed the operational leadership decapitation of at least two-battlefield hardened ISWAP commanders - One Amir Sa'ad and another known as Abu Rahi. These two commanders are known to have previously cheated death alongside hundreds of jihadist fighters in a recent targeted aerial strike by the Nigerian Air Force in coordination with ground troops of the MNJTF at several jihadist locations; Kirta, Wulgo, Kwalaram, Tumbun Gini, Bakkassi, Kusuma, Bukar Mairam and Sabon Tumbun.

In the September 26 Airstrikes, sources also confirmed that dozens of ISWAP fighters were eliminated while some of the insurgents' heavy armoury was hit and destroyed by the precision Airstrike. In a chain of misfortune for ISWAP jihadist, scores of escaping insurgents were killed after own planted mines and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) were ignited by the Nigerian Air Force strike.

In recent months, Boko Haram Shekau and ISWAP factions have lost major camps as a result of aerial bombardment from state and regional forces targeting locations in the Sambisa Forest and the fringes of Lake Chad Basin. Thousands of Boko Haram ISWAP fighters have been neutralised with more than 22 high profile Commanders killed in the same period.

State and regional operations have recorded a number of battlefield successes. This should not be impacted by jihadist ambush/hit and run tactics common in asymmetric warfare environment.

Recommendation:
It is imperative for the Nigerian Military, regional MNJTF and civilian intervention to maintain the tempo of current operational coordination and focus on delivering effective intervention activities in the region.

Intelligence-led and coordinated ground and aerial strikes continue to weaken and destabilise the battlefield capacity of Boko Haram ISWAP factions operating in North East/West Nigeria; Sambisa Forest; the Mandara mountains and the axis of the Lake Chad Basin states.

In asymmetric warfare, kinetic efforts are not designed to produce a stand-alone sustainable solution. These significant security and military efforts ( despite existing challenges) should be complemented with equal inter(Multi) agency engagement from civilian driven local government, state , Federal ( National), and regional coordination— with particular focus on reclaiming ungoverned or partially governed spaces to prevent jihadist from benefiting by deploying hearts and minds activities — including fund raising and recruitment of vulnerable men and women into their depleted ranks

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, Eluding Detection, Start A New Life In Kaduna, Kano, And Abuja

In a three months-long investigation, HumAngle traced former members of the terror group to different cities across the country, where some of them who still share radical beliefs are embedded

This is the one of the most insightful piece of literature i've read on insurgency and it's fall outs

https://humangle.ng/ex-boko-haram-fighters-eluding-detection-start-a-new-life-in-kaduna-kano-and-abuja/
Kudos to Mr Ahmad saldika
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
lebuhsi:
Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, Eluding Detection, Start A New Life In Kaduna, Kano, And Abuja

In a three months-long investigation, HumAngle traced former members of the terror group to different cities across the country, where some of them who still share radical beliefs are embedded

This is the one of the most insightful piece of literature i've read on insurgency and it's fall outs

https://humangle.ng/ex-boko-haram-fighters-eluding-detection-start-a-new-life-in-kaduna-kano-and-abuja/
Lord knows I kill any ex BH member I lay my hands on.
The sacrifices of my buddies in the north east must no be in vain.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
I know I'm not supposed to do this here but i have no other option, I've been following this thread for years though I'm a ghost follower. I love the military with all my heart and this love made me to apply and luckily enough for me i was admitted into the Nigerian defence Academy as of officer Cadet to train for a period of 5 years.

I reported to the Academy with hopes of becoming a 2nd Lt at the end of the 5 years rigorous training in Academics and military branch, tbt it wasn't easy because what i thought was going to happen during training wasn't what happened, it was different but my coursemates and i adapted, we finished our first quarter(1st semester) and were given 14days pass to go see our family, I went home and was really happy, people started respecting me, i had power and was really happy, though sha it's only when you're on break you'll know the sweetness of being an officer Cadet because in nda you'll be treated like shit, i resumed back to the Academy and continued suffering till i became a 2nd termer(200l) though i was still suffering but it reduced, like play like play i became a 3rd termer that's half battalion commander, i started seeing suicide peace because i only have two seniors (4th %5th termer), 4th termer were serving kati kati so they didn't have time for we 3rd termers while 5th termers were our rooms when we were still clowns(100l) so we had nothing to worry about...

Our commandant maj Gen oyebabe(God will bless you anywhere you are sir!) handed over to maj gen J Sarham, this born bastard Sarham was a pain in the ass, he brought back sit on your head, he brought back many old tradition that died during oyebade's time, he said Cadet lacked discipline. We did cross country competition last year December, don't know the particular day but I think 18th, people that didn't make any cage(beat time) he told them to re run the cross country, 1st quarter break was supposed to be on the 21st December but baba allowed us on the 24th and we reported on the 5th of January, well sha we just zeroed our mind for the worst...

This February we were told that the new commandant said that there was going to be dossier(jacket)review, all cadets that had 3 entries were relegated, more than 3 entries were withdrawn, I know of some seniors that passed out from nda last year and were called back, they were relegated last year, during this dossier review they were all withdrawn, even some 6th termers were withdrawn

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Intelligence Alert: ISWAP Plans to Abduct Governor Zulum, mobilizing Jihadists for another ambush on Borno State convoy. @ottotgs https:///Xh8JNsPxji https:///ZA7t3Exh6f

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
After the dossier review, 54 cadets were withdrawn, they were withdrawn in just 1 day, that was the highest number in the history of nda, since 1964 nothing like that ever happened, well change they say is the only constant thing in life. We were supposed to go home for 2nd quarter break this April but because of the pandemic they cancelled the break and told us that we were going to go home this October, that's 10 months training without break, well she they stopped teaching us A branch (Academics) and the only thing we were taught was g branch(military) training...

All the whole Academy courses were not happy because they didn't give us break and we heard rumors that polac(police academy) were home because the president ordered all schools to closed... Late April some clowns blew awol and went to town, they decided to sleep in a primary school, it was in the afternoon so they didn't want to return to the Academy, they were just marking time for it to get dark so they slept off, the villagers there thought that they were bandits because they were looking very dirty, in nda to be a clown is like to be with disease because clownship is a disease, so the villagers called jtf and police, the arrested those clowns and asked them who they were, they told them that they were cadets but the villagers didn't believe, they had to call and officer and the officer that came was Mogadishu battalion acting CO, major X, one of the most malicious officers in nda, he told the cadets to enter his boot and he started driving, he was about taking them to the Academy..... Brb

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
yoged:
Intelligence Alert: ISWAP Plans to Abduct Governor Zulum, mobilizing Jihadists for another ambush on Borno State convoy. @ottotgs https:///Xh8JNsPxji https:///ZA7t3Exh6f

Fly way no dey hear word go follow dead body enter grave.
Shey zulum get death wish ni. undecided

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mugiwaraluffy: 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
lebuhsi:

Now this is what i call investigative journalism

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EgusiShankly: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
Western togoland Military academy
shocked this ones want to add their own to an already troubled region
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Redemption1:
After the dossier review, 54 cadets were withdrawn, they were withdrawn in just 1 day, that was the highest number in the history of nda, since 1964 nothing like that ever happened, well change they say is the only constant thing in life. We were supposed to go home for 2nd quarter break this April but because of the pandemic they cancelled the break and told us that we were going to go home this October, that's 10 months training without break, well she they stopped teaching us A branch (Academics) and the only thing we were taught was g branch(military) training...

All the whole Academy courses were not happy because they didn't give us break and we heard rumors that polac(police academy) were home because the president ordered all schools to closed... Late April some clowns blew awol and went to town, they decided to sleep in a primary school, it was in the afternoon so they didn't want to return to the Academy, they were just marking time for it to get dark so they slept off, the villagers there thought that they were bandits because they were looking very dirty, in nda to be a clown is like to be with disease because clownship is a disease, so the villagers called jtf and police, the arrested those clowns and asked them who they were, they told them that they were cadets but the villagers didn't believe, they had to call and officer and the officer that came was Mogadishu battalion acting CO, major IH Suileman, one of the most malicious officers in nda, he told the cadets to enter his boot and he started driving, he was about taking them to the Academy..... Brb
s
See sir, come back and finish the story...there is nothing like brb..., After taking time and pain to read through u keep me suspense.... I hate suspense...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
demolition:

Fly way no dey hear word go follow dead body enter grave.
Shey zulum get death wish ni. undecided
Wow, so he should stop protecting the interest of the people.... Our pple have a saying..... "Gani yafi ji" translation from Hausa- Seeing for urself is better than listening to the story
If he wanted to be a coward and not die, he shouldn't have contested...All revolutionary leaders are willing and ready to lay down their lives to what they believe in.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
'Deji Adesogan
@DejiAdesogan
JUST IN: Nigerian Army troops today repelled yet another #ISWAP attack on the convoy of Borno State Gov Babagana Zulum on Sunday morning around Baga. The latest attack, which recorded no death, happened when the convoy was returning to Maiduguri.

Good job our beloved soldiers

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
Redemption1:

All the whole Academy courses were not happy because they didn't give us break and we heard rumors that polac(police academy) were home because the president ordered all schools to closed... Late April some clowns blew awol and went to town, they decided to sleep in a primary school, it was in the afternoon so they didn't want to return to the Academy, they were just marking time for it to get dark so they slept off, the villagers there thought that they were bandits because they were looking very dirty, in nda to be a clown is like to be with disease because clownship is a disease, so the villagers called jtf and police, the arrested those clowns and asked them who they were, they told them that they were cadets but the villagers didn't believe, they had to call and officer and the officer that came was Mogadishu battalion acting CO, major IH Suileman, one of the most malicious officers in nda, he told the cadets to enter his boot and he started driving, he was about taking them to the Academy..... Brb

Cadet if you know what's good for you, you will dash from this group.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mugiwaraluffy: 8:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Cadet if you know what's good for you, you will dash from this group.
Oga sir, abeg allow him to give us premium gist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.