Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3019794 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
chkil1:

I'm just pointing out the fact that the army could have taken advantage of this wave of protest to gain more weight, instead of positioning itself against the protests and even shooting at civilians,

but you are right , knowing nothing about the complixity of nigeria politics , i 'should have refrained from commenting , sorry

Are you a child or an overgrown baby? Or just love been foolish or mad and not in touch with reality?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
Odunayaw:
grin Wahala for who think say dem don disband them
U see that we can't blame the protesters who keep protesting after the disbandment of that criminal unit.
Still some on this thread will call those protester trouble maker.
Smh undecided undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
QuietMynd:

U see that we can't blame the protesters who keep protesting after the disbandment of that criminal unit.
Still some on this thread will call those protester trouble maker.
Smh undecided undecided undecided undecided
Awon armchair senators

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Are you a child or an overgrown baby? Or just love been foolish or mad and not in touch with reality?

why don't you calm down a bit, no need to get vulgar . i edited my post and said i was wrong to comment on nigeria internal affairs, and even said sorry .

15 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

ahah bro. calm down na

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I would ask a friend that's serving in NDA, are you still within age limit?
My father went to NDA and left, he went to the university and later became an officer via DSS, and it helped him a lot in service, you can try this route too.
are you saying that one can become an army officer from DSS?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iboboyswag(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2020
chkil1:

I'm just pointing out the fact that the army could have taken advantage of this wave of protest to gain more weight, instead of positioning itself against the protests and even shooting at civilians,

but you are right , knowing nothing about the complixity of nigeria politics , i 'should have refrained from commenting , sorry

Better... Delete the comment. It can be misconstrued as inciting to overthrow a legitimately elected government.

A treasonable offence.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
Faithful007:
are you saying that one can become an army officer from DSS?

Direct short service, not SSS
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Direct short service, not SSS
oh dssc, you confuse me sha grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
iboboyswag:

Better... Delete the comment. It can be misconstrued as inciting to overthrow a legitimately elected government.

A treasonable offence.
sometimes we take things too seriously here. This is an online forum not an officers mess. Maybe we got deceived by so much fake news around, but I too thought things would get out of hand to that extent considering the news I heard.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2020
One of the pictures posted by the guy working in the hospital showed wounds not consistent with gunshot injuries. Most likely machete wounds. Thought someone else would have noticed it. The picture in itself means nothing but when you post stuffs like that, it serves to discredit your claims and makes justice difficult for the true victims. I had hoped he would post other pictures before commenting on it but then.....
Please verify whatever you see online regarding this massacre before posting. You might be doing more harm than good if you don't.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

It sounded strange to me initially, had to ask someone serving there.
if you're dismissed u can't apply again but if you're withdrawn u can still apply, dismissal is different from withdrawal

I need to write gce again because of age
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I would ask a friend that's serving in NDA, are you still within age limit?
My father went to NDA and left, he went to the university and later became an officer via DSS, and it helped him a lot in service, you can try this route too.
I can't go to university, it's not an option for me, don't have anybody to train me, already spent 3years in uni before going to nda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
chkil1:

Thanks for the concern bro.
This country is exactly like a keg of gunpowder, any reckless move and there will be an explosion. Tensions are already very high and a move like will lead to disaster. Vultures are patiently waiting for a moment like that and even working towards it. Politics is different over here and usually along ethnic lines.

Dont know much about military heirachy but shouldn't the chief of army staff be under the chief of defense staff?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
Redemption1:
Guys abeg make una help me

How much is the form? I don't have much too, but some of us can assist with the little we have but we have to know the amount you are looking for.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2020
Redemption1:
the form is 13950 at bank but I'll have to pay them another 500, then pay cyber cafe at most 1500 for registration, that's total of 16000

Guys please i really need your help, I've been depressed since and i really need to redeem myself, some of you will understand how it feels

Drop account number. I don't have much but it is a start at least and I know many will be eager to help you out.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
Redemption1:
Thanks i really appreciate it sir , may God bless you

Obinna emeka, zenith bank 2217467979, guys please i really need your help, I only have till Monday
Guys, please anything you can help him with no matter how small
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Cannonleo(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2020
Toju200:
guy I'm not blaming protesters.but the incident would have been avoided.
The protest was already hijacked another mission was planned it would have been avoided
were the hijackers not payed by the govt , were they not contracted as pro SARS protesters

In Lagos they used thugs to fight protesters in alausa

In abj, they paid layabout 1500, many on credit to attack protesters

It's typical of what politicians do, use thugs and they spiral out of control

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Cannonleo(m): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
Odunayaw:
I'm glad I saw live IG videos sha

grin This is amazing
Asin I am shocked , the guy who died shouting peace and unity whom I saw when they tried pulling bullets out his leg

Of those singing the national anthem while crying with gunshots everywhere

I am amazed by the damage control going on here

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nigerian Army Reduces Academic Requirement To Woo More Citizens Into Joining Military Unit

This is to allow more citizens join the army and make more soldiers available to execute the war against terrorism in the North-East region of the country, documents sighted by SaharaReporters have revealed.

The Nigerian Army has reduced the academic requirement needed to join the military unit.

This is to allow more citizens join the army and make more soldiers available to execute the war against terrorism in the North-East region of the country, documents sighted by SaharaReporters have revealed.

As part of the basic requirement for enlistment into the Nigerian Army, interested applicants must now possess “a minimum of four passes in not more than two sittings in WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB at O' Level including English Language”, the document said.

In the internal memo dated August 20 and signed by Lieutenant General L. O. Adeosun on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, he lamented that soldiers were reluctant to dedicate themselves to the fight against insurgency and banditry in the country.

He said that soldiers preferred to take less risky jobs or further their education in order to avoid being enlisted into battle zones.

Adeosun therefore directed that the academic requirement for enlistment into the Nigerian Army be lowered to encourage more members of the public to join the army.

The memo reads, “It has however been observed that a sizeable number of enlisted men and women are reluctant to dedicate themselves to the ongoing Nigerian Army operations against insurgents and bandits.

“They prefer instead to pursue other less risky endeavours or further their education in view of possessing their requisite educational qualification to gain admission into tertiary institutions.

“This is all in a bid to avoid participating in Nigerian Army operations which ought to be a priority. This undesirable trend could be attributed to the emphasis placed on educational qualifications at the expense of passion and commitment to what a soldier stands for.

"Consequently, I am directed to convey that henceforth, the minimum educational qualification for enlistment into the Nigerian Army shall be the SSCE or its equivalent with minimum of passes including English Language.

“This review would ensure that more willing and committed young Nigerians are given the opportunity to serve in the Nigerian Army without laying emphasis on educational qualifications."

Last part the memo signed by Lieutenant General L. O. Adeosun

This reduction in academic qualification has now been put in place and effected by the Nigerian Army, according to checks by SaharaReporters.

https://saharareporters.com/2020/10/24/exclusive-nigerian-army-reduces-academic-requirement-woo-more-citizens-joining-military
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
Ain't that like $36? I'd help you right now, but have no clue how to get it to ya, I'm not back home, unless you have venmo or cashapp, not sure these work in naija
Redemption1:
Thanks i really appreciate it sir , may God bless you

Obinna emeka, zenith bank 2217467979, guys please i really need your help, I only have till Monday
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2020
A report published by the Digital Forensic Research Lab on Thursday noted that open-source evidence contradicted these denials

Forensic analysis of videos showing the killing of protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate area of Lagos by soldiers on Tuesday as authentic in spite the Nigerian Army’s classification of the reports as fake and the Defence Headquarters’ claim that the footages were doctored.

According to HumAngle, a report published by the Digital Forensic Research Lab on Thursday noted that open-source evidence contradicted these denials.

Satellite imagery of the Lekki Toll Plaza from Google Maps. @jean_leroux/DFRLab via Google Maps

“Several videos corroborate the location and presence of Nigerian soldiers at the Lekki Toll Plaza, a major toll highway toll concession in the South of Lagos,” said Jean Le Roux, the lab’s Research Associate for Southern Africa.

“Video footage posted on Twitter place Nigerian soldiers at the plaza where they are seen approaching peaceful demonstrators and opening fire. Subsequent footage shows injured civilians being carried away from the same location.”

@jean_leroux/DFRLab via Google Maps

Using four videos, the DFRLab geolocated the shooting at the toll-gate “despite denials by the Nigerian military”.

“A different video shows what appears to be soldiers of the Nigerian Army approaching protesters where they were stationed behind plastic barriers. Soldiers approached the group and opened fire. No warning is heard in the video. Muzzle flashes indicate that several of the shots seen and heard here were fired into the air,” it stated.

Screengrabs from a video uploaded to Twitter showing what appears to be members of the Nigerian Army approaching protestors and opening fire. Arm patches, camo and berets are consistent with that of the Nigerian Army. @only1switch/archive, left and center; Globalsentinelng.com, top right

It confirmed using features close to the toll gate and across the channel that the video was taken “looking into a Northern direction on the Eastern part of the toll gate, suggesting that protesters were approached from both the east and west by law enforcement, as suggested by some witnesses”.

“Video footage also identified injured protestors at the same scene. The author of a video uploaded to Twitter on October 20 shows injured and bloodied protestors with the author claiming they were shot by soldiers. As the video pans, a parking garage to the south of the toll gate can be seen,” DFRLab continued.

“Another video taken in front of the toll gate showed several injured protestors being carried off in the presence of camouflaged soldiers, presumably the same soldiers seen in the second video above. At least two protestors are carried away, while a third is seen on the ground during the video,” it added.

Geolocation of the last video placed soldiers at the Southern section of the toll gate’s Eastern part.

“Despite denials by the Nigerian Army, open-source evidence links the presence of Nigerian soldiers at the Lekki Toll Gate at the same time as the first reports of shooting came in,” the organisation emphasised.

“Video footage also showed Lekki Toll Gate protestors, who had been peaceful in the preceding 11 days, bloodied and injured in the presence of these soldiers.”

According to Amnesty International, an on-the-ground investigation revealed that at least 10 people were killed when armed officials of the Nigerian Army opened fire on the protesters.

“These shootings clearly amount to extrajudicial executions. There must be an immediate investigation and suspected perpetrators must be held accountable through fair trials. Authorities must ensure access to justice and effective remedies for the victims and their families,” it said.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jean_leroux/status/1319333028674572291

https://saharareporters.com/2020/10/24/lekki-massacre-forensic-analysis-proves-videos-killings-are-genuine

[/b]Is so funny some people are doubting the message. Enenche that said soldiers were not killed, nah the person una dey believe over live Instagram videos and the account of people there[b] grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
BabaOwen:
Nigerian Army Reduces Academic Requirement To Woo More Citizens Into Joining Military Unit

The Nigerian Army has reduced the academic requirement needed to join the military unit.

As part of the basic requirement for enlistment into the Nigerian Army, interested applicants must now possess “a minimum of four passes in not more than two sittings in WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB at O' Level including English Language”, the document said.

In the internal memo dated August 20 and signed by Lieutenant General L. O. Adeosun on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, he lamented that soldiers were reluctant to dedicate themselves to the fight against insurgency and banditry in the country.

He said that soldiers preferred to take less risky jobs or further their education in order to avoid being enlisted into battle zones.

Adeosun therefore directed that the academic requirement for enlistment into the Nigerian Army be lowered to encourage more members of the public to join the army.

The memo reads, “It has however been observed that a sizeable number of enlisted men and women are reluctant to dedicate themselves to the ongoing Nigerian Army operations against insurgents and bandits.

“They prefer instead to pursue other less risky endeavours or further their education in view of possessing their requisite educational qualification to gain admission into tertiary institutions.

“This is all in a bid to avoid participating in Nigerian Army operations which ought to be a priority. This undesirable trend could be attributed to the emphasis placed on educational qualifications at the expense of passion and commitment to what a soldier stands for.

"Consequently, I am directed to convey that henceforth, the minimum educational qualification for enlistment into the Nigerian Army shall be the SSCE or its equivalent with minimum of passes including English Language.

“This review would ensure that more willing and committed young Nigerians are given the opportunity to serve in the Nigerian Army without laying emphasis on educational qualifications."

Last part the memo signed by Lieutenant General L. O. Adeosun

This reduction in academic qualification has now been put in place and effected by the Nigerian Army, according to checks by SaharaReporters.

https://saharareporters.com/2020/10/24/exclusive-nigerian-army-reduces-academic-requirement-woo-more-citizens-joining-military
You do know this POS information is fake and yet you posted .
You honestly don’t have to try this hard to be a butt wipe.
The NA turns back Thousands of applicants every year why do they need to lower the requirements.
This pos information was first done by Sahara Reports and as usual being the butt wipe gullible person you are you posted it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.