Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3019701 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:06am On Oct 25, 2020
LTGEN:

You do know this POS information is fake and yet you posted .
You honestly don’t have to try this hard to be a butt wipe.
The NA turns back Thousands of applicants every year why do they need to lower the requirements.
This pos information was first done by Sahara Reports and as usual being the butt wipe gullible person you are you posted it.
You don't have to counter everything without carrying out proper investigation.
As for the report it is 100% true, check the advert for RRI formerly candidates were required to have a minimum of 5 credit pass including maths and English. That of this year atleast a D7 pass is what is required, it was clearly stated in the advert.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 12:11am On Oct 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 1:59am On Oct 25, 2020
ugo4u:

You don't have to counter anything without carrying out proper investigation.
As for the report it is 100% true check the advert for RRI formerly candidates are required to have a minimum of 5 credit pass including maths and English. That of this year is atleast a D7 pass is what is required, it was clearly stated in the advert.

The butt wipe title changed hands very fast. grin grin
I guess it's safe to call LTGEN AN ASSHAT NOW. cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:03am On Oct 25, 2020
It's 10pm here, just tried calling a friend who send car home to sell, but he didn't pick up, he got ppl back home, they can send you the money and i give it to him here in dollars, god willing, let's see what happens tomorrow
Redemption1:
I don't know what venmo or cash app is,never heard of it, and i don't know how to get the money from you, i don't know if it's possible to send it through airtime, i can sell the airtime here in Nigeria , I think at 20% discount, there's mtn in South Africa and also in Nigeria, if it's possible to fund my mtn sim then I can sell it.

Thanks in advance sir
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MachineryFunds: 3:35am On Oct 25, 2020
Redemption1:
I don't know what venmo or cash app is,never heard of it, and i don't know how to get the money from you, i don't know if it's possible to send it through airtime, i can sell the airtime here in Nigeria , I think at 20% discount, there's mtn in South Africa and also in Nigeria, if it's possible to fund my mtn sim then I can sell it.

Thanks in advance sir

I have cashapp and if you can send I can pay him naira
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 4:32am On Oct 25, 2020
Redemption1:

Thanks in advance sir
let him use TransferWise or world remit and send the money

@sizzorkay
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 4:35am On Oct 25, 2020
Sizzorkay:
It's 10pm here, just tried calling a friend who send car home to sell, but he didn't pick up, he got ppl back home, they can send you the money and i give it to him here in dollars, god willing, let's see what happens tomorrow
there are many ways to send money to Nigeria

Bitcoin
TransferWise
Wolrdremit
Moneygram
Western Union

I use TransferWise and worldremit.. it takes like a day at most to arrive
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 25, 2020
#ENDSARS PROTEST: LAGOS EVALUATES FILES OF 229 ARRESTED FOR ARSON, MURDER, STEALING, OTHERS

...To Prosecute those with Prima Facie Case

The Lagos State Ministry of Justice will be prosecuting suspects who allegedly took advantage of the #EndSARS protests to destroy and loot public and private property in different parts of the State.

Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Moyosore Onigbanjo, SAN, who disclosed this today, called on Lagosians to maintain peace, law and order in their respective communities, pledging the commitment of the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu-led administration to uphold the rule of law at all times.

He revealed that the State Director of Public Prosecution, Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemi has gone round relevant Police formations with a team of Prosecutors to evaluate files of those arrested by the police with a view to determining those that have prima facie case made against them.

“229 suspects were arrested by the Police for various criminal offenses ranging from arson, murder, stealing, malicious damage of property and assault before and after the Statewide curfew imposed by the Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu to restore law and order in Lagos”, the Commissioner stated.

He averred that after the conclusion of the evaluation exercise, those who have cases to answer will be arraigned before the Courts on Monday while others will be released.
Recall that some hoodlums hijacked the peaceful protest of youths against brutality by operatives of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) and other police personnel tagged #EndSARS to wreak havoc and disturb the peace in the State.

#LASG
#HealingLagos
#ForAGreaterLagos
https://m.facebook.com/492378324116772/posts/3605751209446119/

https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1320107001549127683?s=19
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 5:16am On Oct 25, 2020
Anyone confirm Baga tins?
if so, some good news in these perilous times

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 25, 2020
Shaytun:
Something is really disturbing about this Lekki massacre.

There a lot of unanswered questions.

By now twitter and the media space should have been flooded with names of those killed in the protest

During the first day of the protest when jimoh ishiaq was killed in oshogbo it didn’t take long before a gofund me account was created for his parent, the only gofund account I have seen being created is for oke whom we know didn’t die in the protest ground as alleged but was killed at home by hoodlums.

I’m hearing BBC and CNN is asking for any of the victims to come forward and share their story but so far I’ve seen none, some of us watched the dj switch ig live stream, there was gunshot certainly and I saw an injured protester with a shattered leg on the ground, another one had a bullet remove from his body with a plier??...I’m not discounting anything but we all have to agree a lot of things don’t match up.

We have a lot of unanswered questions, some say the military took the corpse away like during the shite protest.....but I believe by now a lot of family should have been coming forward or is it possible they’ve all been silenced by the government

Or maybe we should just hold on for a few days and see if any evidence comes up.

Sanwo Olu said they have the original footage from the incident, I think a lot of people would like to see that.
If you're in lekki on that night. Will you bring out your phone to start recording people that are shot, or you will run for your dare life

See, when the Nigeria army kill lots of people, they do carry the dead bodies. It happened with IPOB and Shiites members. They kill and take the body along.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 6:41am On Oct 25, 2020
X

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 25, 2020
Stephandesward:
When more logical minds, were saying the protest is enough, let it be called off, emotional peeps, that can't control themselves in the euphoria, were abusing logical minds.

Keep been emotional and relegate your brains till we become like Libya, bloody nitwits.
The most happiest moment of my life will be if Nigeria youths will come out in large numbers in 2023, and vote for the politician of their choice. Protest can be use to pass a message across about a certain policy we are not comfortable with, and we need a change.

Eg ENDSARS.

As things b for now in Nigeria, a protest can't lead to a revolution or unseating of a president.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 25, 2020
Edopesin:

If you're actually aware of what is happening in the country you would know that the line between protesting and looting has been blurred since the supposed massacre in lekki

You are shouting Endsars, reform police while burning down police stations

What are they protesting for in this present crisis when the government has promised reforms to policing?
The event that happened in Lekki, lead to the massive unrest that has been happening. By this time next week, am sure everything go don die down.

I wish the state government can find a way to prosecute this looters. The ones we can see their face in videos, whether you don carry something abi e just wan go carry, let them be prosecuted.

Is so possible.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 7:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Faithful007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuOG_VNhlF4

smiley

I'm baffled when a force, whose job is to arrest and prosecute, is less inclined to dialogue and jumps straight into engagement, even been civil is seen as engaging them, case in point, this two officers.....mind you, there is a reason even the IGP of police doesn't have a star on his uniform or staff car, it's because his rank isn't up to that of a one star general in the military, a commissioner of police, is equated, to maybe a major in the army.

Seriously the Nigerian police is a disaster to the nation, instead of an asset.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 25, 2020
Edopesin:

What are they protesting for in this present crisis when the government has promised reforms to policing?
Should I start sharing different links with you about how this present administration and their IGPs have been promise a reform in the police since 2015?

The only IGP who really did something about SARS since 2011 is Solomon Arase. Before you argue with me, abeg do some research on this SARS issue.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 25, 2020
Whyem15:
One of the pictures posted by the guy working in the hospital showed wounds not consistent with gunshot injuries. Most likely machete wounds. Thought someone else would have noticed it. The picture in itself means nothing but when you post stuffs like that, it serves to discredit your claims and makes justice difficult for the true victims. I had hoped he would post other pictures before commenting on it but then.....
Please verify whatever you see online regarding this massacre before posting. You might be doing more harm than good if you don't.
I was even seeing a guy in army camouflage in one of his pic sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 25, 2020
More victims and eyewitnesses of the alleged Lekki Toll Plaza shooting by soldiers have taken to the social media to share their accounts of the incident.

They claimed many protesters were killed.

One of them, Anthony Ogbe, who said he was shot in the chest on the night, is currently receiving free treatment at Grandville Medical and Laser Centre, Lekki.

He said several hospitals rejected him before he ended up at Grandville.

In a short video shared by a non-governmental organisation (NGO), Kokun Foundation, Ogbe said he was one of those shot by soldiers.

“It was a soldier that shot me at Lekki. I was rejected from different hospitals before I got admitted here and my life was saved,” he said.

He said he was being treated free of charge.

“They didn’t collect money to treat me; neither do they know my people.

“I was taken to the theatre so that they could bring the blood that is in my chest out, and that is what is passing through this pipe.

“I thought I had died, because my blood was just gushing out like pump. I never knew I would still be alive.

“We thank God for this hospital. Glory be to God.”

An eyewitness who gave his name as Joseph said he escaped from the scene unhurt

He told Isha Sesay during an Instagram live interview that he ran and laid on the ground behind some of the soldiers.

Joseph said he noticed that some of the soldiers were hooded, adding that one of them pointed a gun at him where he laid on the ground and ordered him to stand up.

According to Joseph, he saw at least four dead bodies carried away by the soldiers from his hiding point, adding that 15 persons were confirmed dead during the incident.

He did not say who did the confirmation.

He claimed seeing soldiers gun down five people by a small waterside close to the tollgate.

He said: “Around 3pm on Tuesday, we heard news right on the ground of the tollgate where all of us were cleaning. We were volunteers.

“We also heard that there was an initial plan that some soldiers were going to come for this Crocodile Smile operation so the billboard that was displaying went off around 3:30pm.

“Then, the LCC security agent came out. I saw them with my own eyes removing the cameras. So, I confronted one of them, they said they were putting it off because some of the stuffs had broken down and by 6pm, we expected the street light to turn on as usual, but no street light was on and it was turning dark.

“I started feeling something was wrong. We had this mobile toilet that was stationed around the place and truck normally came to offload it. So, when a truck came, we thought it had come as usual to offload and put new ones, but the toilet was taken away without replacement.

“All of a sudden, we heard gunshots from VI axis. They were shooting sporadically. We had a large crowd so the lady that was on the speaker was like everyone should calm down, that apparently this should be the Crocodile Smile people shooting.

“She asked us to come together and sit on the ground with our flags raised up so they would know we ain’t here for fight but for peace.

“Everyone sat on the floor and we raised our flags up. We were singing the national anthem. They came shooting directly at us and it was scary. So some people were running away.

“I ran with my people to a safe place. We lay on the floor and one of the soldiers was close to me with a pointed gun, saying what did I want, and that I should get up. I told him I could not get up. Right in front of me, I saw someone drop dead.

“I also saw someone wearing mask (hood) in soldier uniform. They were concentrating on the large crowd this time around. They warned them to either run away or be killed.

“They killed some people right in front of us. They didn’t say anything; they were just shouting, ‘Move!’

“We didn’t know they put off the cameras because they already knew the soldiers were coming. We asked everyone to lie down, begging the LCC to turn on the light but they refused until some people started dropping dead.

“We asked them if we could take these people to the hospital. They refused, but one of them said they should allow us.

“We carried the injured with the flags from the tollgate to Lekki Roundabout. Still, other people were getting injured. So, after dropping some of the injured in an available cab, I had to go back to help others.

“On my way going, one of the soldiers asked me to go back or he would waste me. I had to beg with the flag I was holding.

“One of the military guys told the others to drop their guns so we should run. The leader asked me to jump the fence and run, which I did. The ambulance came but unfortunately the military men chased them back.

“I saw the bodies of the dead protesters taken away by the soldiers. I saw at least four. At a point, they begged us to leave but we didn’t. We sang the anthem with our flags up in the air. They also used teargas on us.

“I saw 15 bodies initially. Later they were confirmed dead. About 25 of them were rushed to the hospital.”

Asked if he was not scared that his face was exposed in the interview, Joseph said he was not because he was speaking the truth.

“There were some people who hijacked the protest, but there were good people like us at the tollgate who didn’t do anything. The street boys were the ones stealing and causing havoc.

“Other than the protest being hijacked, something happened before Tuesday when a truck came carrying eight concrete pillars of poles, bashing some cars and some people were actually injured.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/lekki-shooting-victim-eyewitness-relive-ordeal/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2020
Even though I find it foolish, stupid, insane and dumb for people to be doubting that people were shot dead in lekki, una go get evidence well well as time goes by.

When the Nigerian army kills unarmed civilians, they take along the dead bodies. Forget about those dead bodies if you're searching for one.

A lot of shittes and IPOB members were killed. This two organization lost more than 200 people combine.

It pissed me off people do find this things hard to believe. The Nigerian army is so perfect in doing this. You won't really understand what am trying to say until you experience it yourself cheesy

I just pray non of my love ones will ever lose their life's in such a way... Cause I will seek vengeance, no matter how long it takes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 25, 2020
In Lagos, the protest started in ikorodu, I was one of the guys that protest hard for hours with my car on that Saturday. As time goes, I noticed thugs were joining. Then I started hearing information of government introducing thugs to chase of protesters.

I had to stop perticipating in the protest, cause I knew things might turn ugly. I knew is just a matter of time before Mopols and soldiers will be introduce, and I know is going to get really bloody.

Is one of the reason I want an end to the protest then. The only thing that will make me continue the protest was if we are also armed with an assault rifle. And if it gets to this, then it mean say water don dey pass garri grin

If i will die, I won't give a dam!! But I will make sure I send a lot of military personnel to their makers too cool The Nigerian government fear guys that are ready to carry arms. See Government tompolo for example.

I've seen people been killed extrajudicially without getting justice. Police go kill some people and say them be thieves.

I find it foolish for me to be shot dead by military personnel, then Nigerias we're protesting and fighting for will even doubt if an unarmed protesters like me was killed grin see some comments on this thread for example.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 25, 2020
Before the police station in Opa was burnt, a police man shot directly at a bold guy, the bullet no penetrate, they all had to flee for their lives.

It was after this the youths in Opa burnt the Police station, Local government secteriat and freed prisoners.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 25, 2020
In ogbomosho too, police men shot directly at unarmed civilians.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2020
The ones that are always asking for evidence, when you dey where shots are been fired directly at you, and you see people falling dead, while some are injured and groaning in pains... Will you bring out your phone to start taken pic of the dead and injured, or you will flee for your dare life?

Emi ika grin

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 25, 2020
Only God knows what would have happened if that Brigadier General didn't go and calm things down on that night and told the soldiers from Bonny camp to all go back to the barrack.

Very soon, this same useless soldiers will cry to us that ragtag Boko Haram are more equipped than them and they need more weapons grin

Even when we start making use of the tucanos against the terrorist in the north east, nothing might change. Cause the Nigerian army is massively filled up with daft cowards that only join to intimidate unarmed civilians.

This same soldiers with AK47 and technicals will be dislodge by ISWAP with AK47 and technicals o grin

Well, Major General Enenche don talk say soldiers no dey the place on that night... I'm sure LTGEN also agreed with him grin awa general, when exactly is the JF17 we have not finish paying for be delivered next month? Cause nah you tell us say Dem go start to dey deliver am from next month grin

Drops pen cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2020
Any health worker here?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 25, 2020
When will the army and police arrest DJ switch for lying... And the guys that are coming out one by one, when will they all be arrested and prosecuted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 11:00am On Oct 25, 2020
BabaOwen:
When will the army and police arrest DJ switch for lying... And the guys that are coming out one by one, when will they all be arrested and prosecuted
for once I agree and tow the same path with you..

Lekki toll gate incident is one of the all time low I have ever seen in the Nigeria army.

If it was police that did that, I would shake it off as a norm taking into cognisance of their past records of non challant attitudes and irregularities..

But this coming from the Nigeria army, I am so highly disappointed in them, even the personnel's that pulled that trigger, how do they even sleep at night? Abi dem no get families?

If heads doesn't role aftermath of that lekki incident.. I'll know that this country is fvcked to the bone marrow..
Am still expecting the release of the footage aftermath of the investigations if and when completed..

But be that as it may,.there are also good guys also in the military.. I won't because of the actions of few unguided fellows, throw out my support and patriotic mindset I have for the Nigeria army.. they are still one of the many agencies keeping our nation together and as one..

God bless the Nigeria army

God bless Nigeria too

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2020

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2020
We should also be asking where is NSCDC ?
Wasn't that agency created to compliment the police in internal security?
Worse of all they were given weapons to be docile!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2020
ugo4u:

Asaba, Odi, Zaki Ibiam Shiites and IPOB members massacre nko? are they not humans?
We have to come to terms that both military and paramilitary organisations in Nigeria have a fundamental problem as regards the human rights question majority of the problem is as a result of loyalty to powerful individuals as against the constitution also there are no consequences for breaching the rights of Nigerians..

We already have the inbuilt psychology that once you enlist into the Military or Paramilitary institutions in Nigeria you are above the law and citizenry. In Nigeria Camouflage means above the law.

We need to start changing this absurd mentality amongst our servicemen.

Well in Borno no Military Intimidation because as a Military personnel you are praying so hard to serve your three to four years and leave here Alive especially when them post you go Northern Borno

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
BabaOwen:
In Lagos, the protest started in ikorodu, I was one of the guys that protest hard for hours with my car on that Saturday. As time goes, I noticed thugs were joining. Then I started hearing information of government introducing thugs to chase of protesters.

I had to stop perticipating in the protest, cause I knew things might turn ugly. I knew is just a matter of time before Mopols and soldiers will be introduce, and I know is going to get really bloody.

Is one of the reason I want an end to the protest then. The only thing that will make me continue the protest was if we are also armed with an assault rifle. And if it gets to this, then it mean say water don dey pass garri grin

If i will die, I won't give a dam!! But I will make sure I send a lot of military personnel to their makers too cool The Nigerian government fear guys that are ready to carry arms. See Government tompolo for example.

I've seen people been killed extrajudicially without getting justice. Police go kill some people and say them be thieves.

I find it foolish for me to be shot dead by military personnel, then Nigerias we're protesting and fighting for will even doubt if an unarmed protesters like me was killed grin see some comments on this thread for example.
God bless you for this bro

Some people's mode of patriotism is very nauseating. As much as I'm an ardent supporter of the military having tried to join them myself, denying RAW evidence is equal to outright insanity.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kalapizim:
We should also be asking where is NSCDC ?

Wasn't that agency created to compliment the police in internal security?

Worse of all they were given weapons to be docile!
Another pertinent question.

Very stinking set of people
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Odunayaw:
God bless you for this bro
Amin!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.