Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,519 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3043113 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kalapizim:
We should also be asking where is NSCDC ?

Wasn't that agency created to compliment the police in internal security?

Worse of all they were given weapons to be docile!
Those ones just siddon for local govt Hqs dey collect salary, they can't even operate the rifles they're carrying deploy them to go quell protest and they will be accidentally shooting themselves till non of them is left. The only good thing about them is that them they try wash their uniform once in a while and appear cleaner than their senior brothers (NPF).

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
ugo4u:

Those ones just siddon for local govt Hqs dey collect salary, they can't even operate the rifles they're carrying deploy them to go quell protest and they will be accidentally shooting themselves till non of them is left. The only good thing about them is that them they try wash their uniform once in a while and appear cleaner than their senior brothers (NPF).
grin LWKM!! grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
ugo4u:

Very sad ehnn
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
Odunayaw:
Another pertinent question.

Very stinking set of people
Your description is better sef, I have worse descriptions for them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kalapizim:
Your description is better sef, I have worse descriptions for them.
The day I gave up on those guys was when I saw one of their operative eating okpa on duty ontop highway oo! laugh no gree me that day. Those guys are civilians wallahi!. But honestly they seem to be the only paramilitary establishment that I haven't seen assaulting civilians, i give it to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
ugo4u:

The day I gave up on those guys was when I saw one of their operative eating okpa on duty ontop highway oo! laugh no gree me that day. Those guys are civilians wallahi!. But honestly they seem to be the only paramilitary establishment that I haven't seen assaulting civilians, i give it to them.
Imagine! well I haven't even had an encounter with them yet.

But I have seen them guarding ex militants in Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I'm baffled when a force, whose job is to arrest and prosecute, is less inclined to dialogue and jumps straight into engagement, even been civil is seen as engaging them, case in point, this two officers.....mind you, there is a reason even the IGP of police doesn't have a star on his uniform or staff car, it's because his rank isn't up to that of a one star general in the military, a commissioner of police, is equated, to maybe a major in the army.

Seriously the Nigerian police is a disaster to the nation, instead of an asset.
well, I doubt if that soldier has any constitutional power over the policeman. Obedience may just be out of respect.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2020
ugo4u:

bro, every military and paramilitary establishment in Nigeria assaults civilians, so far it has an enlisted Cadre. I don't know why some people in that group like to soil the name of the Armed forces. As for nscdc, their guns should be collected and given to road safety as they are only useful during ceremonies and jamb exams.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by KingAzubuike(f): 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
Faithful007:
bro, every military and paramilitary establishment in Nigeria assaults civilians, so far it has an enlisted Cadre. I don't know why some people in that group like to soil the name of the Armed forces. As for nscdc, their guns should be collected and given to road safety as they are only useful during ceremonies and jamb exams.
Civil defence is not as underused as you think. They use them alot during elections too. I've seen them a couple of times making arrests and facing armed robbers. Those guys dey try only that they're less popular. The only useless para military organization na that Lagos State neighborhood corps whatever. Those people wey dey use bicycle lol

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Civil defence is not as underused as you think. They use them alot during elections too. I've seen them a couple of times making arrests and facing armed robbers. Those guys dey try only that they're less popular. The only useless para military organization na that Lagos State neighborhood corps whatever. Those people wey dey use bicycle lol
do they carry weapons?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Edopesin: 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2020
BabaOwen:
Should I start sharing different links with you about how this present administration and their IGPs have been promise a reform in the police since 2015?

The only IGP who really did something about SARS since 2011 is Solomon Arase. Before you argue with me, abeg do some research on this SARS issue.

Like I have been saying, The change we want will not happen in a day
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by hunter21(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
The person who ordered the massacre at Lekki is certainly higher than the rank of brigadier General, i.e Major General, lieutenant General, or General that is why he could order colonel S.O Bello who is under Brigadier General Francis omata.

The operation was not officially sanctioned from Abuja that is why Brigadier General Franscis omata was bypassed, probably because brigadier Gen. Francis omata is a southern Christian and Colonel S.O Bello is a Muslim.
That is, it was an illegal operation.

The fact that SARS later showed up to finish the work means that the order was from Defence head quarters in Abuja, because it is only from force headquarters that you can send order to both army and police at the same time.

This is corroborated by the fact that Reno omokri earlier tweeted on division in the military concerning how to handle to protest with Buratai pushing for a shite massacre type scenario.

What this means is that a group of rogue Generals in Abuja headed by Buratai himself are the ones behind the massacre, they ordered the operation likely without the consent of the Chief of other Service chiefs

The fact that it has been done before to shite protesters means they had the conscent of the president.

Nigerians open your eyes!!

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshjc(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
hunter21:
The person who ordered the massacre at Lekki is certainly higher than the rank of brigadier General, i.e Major General, lieutenant General, or General that is why he could order colonel S.O Bello who is under Brigadier General Francis omata.

The operation was not officially sanctioned from Abuja that is why Brigadier General Franscis omata who commands all army formations in Lagos was bypassed, probably because brigadier Gen. Francis omata is a southern Christian and Colonel S.O Bello is a Muslim.
That is, it was an illegal operation.

The fact that SARS later showed up to finish the work means that the order was from force head quarters in Abuja, because it is only from force headquarters that you can send order to both army and police at the same time.

This is corroborated by the fact that Reno omokri earlier tweeted on division in the military concerning how to handle to protest with Buratai pushing for a shite massacre type scenario.

What this means is that a group of rogue Generals in Abuja headed by Buratai himself are the ones behind the massacre, they ordered the operation likely without the consent of the Chief of other Service chiefs

The fact that it has been done before to shite protesters means they had the conscent of the president.

Nigerians open your eyes!!
fake

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Deji AdesoganTrade mark sign
@DejiAdesogan
·
27m
JUST IN: The Nigerian military troops of Operation Lafiya Dole this evening engaged and repelled #ISWAP terrorists twin attacks simultaneously in two separate locations in Tungushe along Monguno road axis and Damboa in #Borno State. Full details still sketchy.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
Where's bidexiii my guy, i have missed you , i noticed you haven't posted in a while....i hope you are with sound health.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
Toju200:
Deji AdesoganTrade mark sign
@DejiAdesogan
·
27m
JUST IN: The Nigerian military troops of Operation Lafiya Dole this evening engaged and repelled #ISWAP terrorists twin attacks simultaneously in two separate locations in Tungushe along Monguno road axis and Damboa in #Borno State. Full details still sketchy.

Tungushe? These guys are closing in on Maiduguri. Tungushe is 20mins drive on Maiduguri-Monguno road.

I am more concerned on Magumeri. The Military should reinforce that FOB. It's going to become the new warzone cool

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 1:53am On Oct 26, 2020
Things that didn’t take long
Resurrection that have occurred among 10 Nigerians that died at the Lekki Toll gate
St Nicholas to inform Nigerians they don’t have a mortuary and no one died from the shooting at Lekki on their premises.
A Lady finally appeared to be the Mother as a Son killed at Lekki has been identified as fake complete with Local Government where the Chap resurrected.
And Yes it had to be a Hausa-Fulani Muslim General who ordered the shooting because no Christian would dare do that.
More resurrections were Go fund me are expected tomorrow.
Meanwhile from the mouths of Independent sources
An AK-47 is a rifle round that is extremely destructive it has an entry and exit wound.
Blood splatter will be evident in the immediate surroundings.
The area in Lekki has not rained in three days perhaps the Soldiers bought mops and bleach.
Time will tell.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iboboyswag(m): 7:43am On Oct 26, 2020
LTGEN:
Things that didn’t take long
Resurrection that have occurred among 10 Nigerians that died at the Lekki Toll gate
St Nicholas to inform Nigerians they don’t have a mortuary and no one died from the shooting at Lekki on their premises.
A Lady finally appeared to be the Mother as a Son killed at Lekki has been identified as fake complete with Local Government where the Chap resurrected.
And Yes it had to be a Hausa-Fulani Muslim General who ordered the shooting because no Christian would dare do that.
More resurrections were Go fund me are expected tomorrow.
Meanwhile from the mouths of Independent sources
An AK-47 is a rifle round that is extremely destructive it has an entry and exit wound.
Blood splatter will be evident in the immediate surroundings.
The area in Lekki has not rained in three days perhaps the Soldiers bought mops and bleach.
Time will tell.

The whole charade is a big hoax... I just hope when the dust clears, they would be willing to concede to the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:31am On Oct 26, 2020
iboboyswag:

The whole charade is a big hoax... I just hope when the dust clears, they would be willing to concede to the truth.

There are conflicting reports from two socially known individuals who were present at the scene. one said people died, another said he didn't see any dead body but only wounded people. So it's wrong to call it a hoax cos it's not certain. The only thing that is certain is that it was not a massacre cos the soldiers didn't fire directly at the protesters, they fired into the air in both of the videos online which showed the soldiers. The incident to me is a case of unprofessionalism of soldiers trying to disperse protesters and not to kill.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hennynitan(m): 11:01am On Oct 26, 2020
youghs:

There are conflicting reports from two socially known individuals who were present at the scene. one said people died, another said he didn't see any dead body but only wounded people. So it's wrong to call it a hoax cos it's not certain. The only thing that is certain is that it was not a massacre cos the soldiers didn't fire directly at the protesters, they fired into the air in both of the videos online which showed the soldiers. The incident to me is a case of unprofessionalism of soldiers trying to disperse protesters and not to kill.
Soldiers shot in the air and the bullet came back mysteriously to wound people but not to kill people.
Did you even hear yourself?
Let's wait for the outcome of the investigation.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshjc(m): 11:11am On Oct 26, 2020
I think it's time we create a national guard to deal with situation like this,and allow the military deal with more serious aggression, and also our nation should be restructured into 7 regions, with each regional head's having limited contact over the national guard

Or will can convert the npf into a national guard, and then allow each region to create their own police force, because each region have they own peculiar security situation and only they can solve it,not someone from Abuja or anywhere else

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2020
joshjc:
I think it's time we create a national guard to deal with situation like this,and allow the military deal with more serious aggression, and also our nation should be restructured into 7 regions, with each regional head's having limited contact over the national guard

Or will can convert the npf into a national guard, and then allow each region to create their own police force, because each region have they own peculiar security situation and only they can solve it,not someone from Abuja or anywhere else
We can't afford to be creating agencies upandan let's make judicious use of the ones available. Lest we have another Civil defence/NPF, NEMA/Humanitarian & disaster ministry, Ministry of foreign affairs/NIDCOM or FRSC/VIO situation where duplication of functions is the order of the day.
That being said I see no reason why we should be operating a central police in a federal system. We should decentralise the police regionally let the regions fund the police within their domain, while the federal will also have their own police force as a kind of back up for intervention in emergency situations like in the northeast. Moreover governors are already spending billions in providing equipments, vehicles for security every budget cycle. If this is done their won't be need for Amotekun, CJTF etc Our laws should be strengthened in such a way that police service commission will be empowered to supervise, make recommendations and punish erring police officers. Such commission should be made up of rep human right agencies, religious/traditional leaders and be chaired by say a Retired Judge/IGP etc in an elective capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshjc(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
ugo4u:

We can't afford to be creating agencies upandan .
that's why I said we can convert the police
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hennynitan:

Soldiers shot in the air and the bullet came back mysteriously to wound people but not to kill people.
Did you even hear yourself?
Let's wait for the outcome of the investigation.

A bullet fired into the air can still kill or wound when it comes down.
Both of the videos online in which soldiers surfaced showed them firing into the air.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
Any update on the attack of commercial vehicle along Ngala road yesterday?

Some trucks were burnt down by Insurgents
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lagusboyyy(m): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
BabaOwen:
Should I start sharing different links with you about how this present administration and their IGPs have been promise a reform in the police since 2015?

The only IGP who really did something about SARS since 2011 is Solomon Arase. Before you argue with me, abeg do some research on this SARS issue.
I just like that man honestly "SOLOMON ARASE"

Since i grew into maturity, he is the only IGP i love.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
youghs:

A bullet fired into the air can still kill or wound when it comes down.
Both of the videos online in which soldiers surfaced showed them firing into the air.
some yeye children argued this with me on the Frontpage some days back. Many people do not know how dangerous a falling bullet can be.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
ugo4u:

We can't afford to be creating agencies upandan let's make judicious use of the ones available. Lest we have another Civil defence/NPF, NEMA/Humanitarian & disaster ministry, Ministry of foreign affairs/NIDCOM or FRSC/VIO situation where duplication of functions is the order of the day.
That being said I see no reason why we should be operating a central police in a federal system. We should decentralise the police regionally let the regions fund the police within their domain, while the federal will also have their own police force as a kind of back up for intervention in emergency situations like in the northeast. Moreover governors are already spending billions in providing equipments, vehicles for security every budget cycle. If this is done their won't be need for Amotekun, CJTF etc Our laws should be strengthened in such a way that police service commission will be empowered to supervise, make recommendations and punish erring police officers. Such commission should be made up of rep human right agencies, religious/traditional leaders and be chaired by say a Retired Judge/IGP etc in an elective capacity.
Nigerian government know that they cannot manage everything efficiently but unnecessary perturbation and obsession with secession will not allow them think straight.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
Faithful007:
some yeye children argued this with me on the Frontpage some days back. Many people do not know how dangerous a falling bullet can be.
More on this.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/02/15/firing-a-gun-into-the-air-can-kill-someone/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2020
Xbee007:

More on this.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/02/15/firing-a-gun-into-the-air-can-kill-someone/
this is almost identical to what I was telling people yet they said I was talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
I wonder why buratai and his people got so obsessed with protesters, now Sanwo-Olu has revealed live on CNN that according to investigations, that military were the ones who ordered the shooting. hunter21 you may be right.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
ABSOLUTLEY
A shooting occurred no one is disputing that or is applauding it/ or supporting it . We all condemn it but this massacre of 79 , 15, 7 to resurrection we should wait till the dust settles.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.