Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,276 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3042747 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2021
kabe1:
How would anyone see this explosion from Boko video and claim it is real and made by a manpad.

It's ridiculous!!
Yet after this explosion that is supposed to totally disintegrate the plane into tiny bits, the jet is seen visibly diving into the ground with everything intact. The video has been manipulated to suit their propaganda.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
mekussa:
MOFOs had a LUCKY shot.....
High altitude flights and aggressive area bombing (artillery pieces will do if we don't have the planes) are possible solutions.

The planners in the air force and army need to come up with an overblown response to this incidence. Let the ID-OTS know that in this war, such actions attract excessively, disproportionate, overblown reactions.Fear suppose catch them to hold gun sef anytime they see anything in the air..... Even if na baloon
A major bombardment should be carried out immediately on all Bokoharam location, before they used this video for Recruitment propaganda

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
BREAKING: Missing jet: Nigerian Airforce finally reacts to Boko Haram video
The Nation NigeriaApr 2, 2021 8:09 PM

The Nigerian Air Force has dismissed claims by terror group Boko Haram that it gunned down the missing Alpha jet, which disappeared from radar on Wednesday, March 31.

Boko Haram claimed responsibility for downing the aircraft in a viral video.

But the Director Public Relations and Information Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said the viral video could be clips from a previous incident.

He insisted the video is fraught with inconsistencies that established it was fake, adding the lush vegetation in one of the videos suggest it was not in the Northeast.

NAF spokesperson, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said: “We have seen some videos but there is nothing that has proven that the aircraft in those clips belongs to us, or have you seen a Nigerian Air Force aircraft number or the body of Air Force pilot or have you seen any Air Force unifor until we get all these details strengthen out, we are not going to go into speculation.

“That video could have been shot somewhere. I have seen four videos so far, one of them has lush vegetation in the background, and I wonder where they have such vegetation in the Northeast. Unless they did something and they are releasing the clips bit by bit, we are waiting.

“Except we have evidence, because like I said, these persons have families and you cannot go their wives, parents or wards, you must bring concrete evidence. There must be something to show”.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
youghs:
BREAKING: Missing jet: Nigerian Airforce finally reacts to Boko Haram video
The Nation NigeriaApr 2, 2021 8:09 PM

The Nigerian Air Force has dismissed claims by terror group Boko Haram that it gunned down the missing Alpha jet, which disappeared from radar on Wednesday, March 31.

Boko Haram claimed responsibility for downing the aircraft in a viral video.

But the Director Public Relations and Information Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said the viral video could be clips from a previous incident.

He insisted the video is fraught with inconsistencies that established it was fake, adding the lush vegetation in one of the videos suggest it was not in the Northeast.

NAF spokesperson, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said: “We have seen some videos but there is nothing that has proven that the aircraft in those clips belongs to us, or have you seen a Nigerian Air Force aircraft number or the body of Air Force pilot or have you seen any Air Force unifor until we get all these details strengthen out, we are not going to go into speculation.

“That video could have been shot somewhere. I have seen four videos so far, one of them has lush vegetation in the background, and I wonder where they have such vegetation in the Northeast. Unless they did something and they are releasing the clips bit by bit, we are waiting.

“Except we have evidence, because like I said, these persons have families and you cannot go their wives, parents or wards, you must bring concrete evidence. There must be something to show”.

What's up with this
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
May their souls RIP
These suckers must pay o

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
Who cares about what they are disputing, where is the wreckage, NAF!!!!!, where are the pilots retrieve their bodies, it's been days.
To lost contact with an aircraft within our own territory and yet haven't recovered it for days is beyond sad

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JackWolfskin: 12:45am On Apr 03, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
the pilot that fly the plane phone having be track some hour ago. military are moving their. for my guy who say bh do not have the capacity to fall a plane those guy have surface to air misslie. remember during the jebege kinapped an unkown jet enter nigeria airspace. my intel only say the plane may have be shot dowx by unkown jet or techinical fault but i do not say the plane was shout down by a fighter jet. intel got from a f7 pilot .

I think you MIGHT be trying to disguise with the poor diction, incredible intel and incredulous tales.

DSS Analyst or plainly the King of military beer parlor gist

Either way, continue. I like reading your INTEL!

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko: 6:44am On Apr 03, 2021
joscofelix2:
there is no editing in that video. the jet was shot down by a manpads. i hope the new CAS reply them with heavy blow in the next few day
Your brain has refused to work for you.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 7:54am On Apr 03, 2021
YOU CAN QUESTION MY INTEL BUT YOU CAN QUESTION THE RESULT BECAUSE IT IS THE ANSWER. in as much i support the military i will say what i get from intel. the jet was shotdown by a manpads. if it was a tecnical fault the pilot would have communicate to his base before crashing and it would have giving the opportunity for the naf to track the pilot location immediately. from the crash you can jet see the jet on ground how it spiece the from wheel. the naf will sent message to that bastard. the naf will attack with lastest arament.the CDS have order a revenge mission in next 72 hour.may the soul of the faithful departed rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:00am On Apr 03, 2021
joscofelix2:
YOU CAN QUESTION MY INTEL BUT YOU CAN QUESTION THE RESULT BECAUSE IT IS THE ANSWER. in as much i support the military i will say what i get from intel. the jet was shotdown by a manpads. if it was a tecnical fault the pilot would have communicate to his base before crashing and it would have giving the opportunity for the naf to track the pilot location immediately. from the crash you can jet see the jet on ground how it spiece the from wheel. the naf will sent message to that bastard. the naf will attack with lastest arament.the CDS have order a revenge mission in next 72 hour.may the soul of the faithful departed rest in peace

The bolded is what I’ve been hearing since 2016 till date here in the Northeast.

May God continually keep us all safe cool

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 8:09am On Apr 03, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The bolded is what I’ve been hearing since 2016 till date here in the Northeast.

amen. but they a change in leadership i believe the new CDS which the cas get order from
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

guy na wa this life...
Somebody somewhere now has been.made a widow/ fatherless or has lost a son.
General Nigeria has lost heroes.this thing pain me I swr
E pain my friend pass I pray God keep.and protect him as he continue flying...

Some stupid nigerians re online spewing rubbish very disheartening.

Nevertheless We will overcome!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2021
Toju200:
guy na wa this life...

yes will we overcome yes we will defeat the bastard, yes nigeria shall be great again. yes we shall remenber the sacfire of our hero

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:38am On Apr 03, 2021
Toju200:
guy na wa this life...

Nigeria needs to take this war seriously as a full scale war. We should stop hiding this Insurgency as if all is going on well here.

We need to go for total decimation of these bastards. We have lost too many men unnecessarily.

Since they took my friends in Dikwa I have not found rest or sleep.

It’s well shaaa let’s keep being Hopeful for better days ahead

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gentlelord(m): 8:40am On Apr 03, 2021
CaptainStephen:
What kind of flight brief will start with introduction of the platform we have been using for years and not the actual mission specifics itself?

Use your head !
Kindly read what I wrote properly sir, I didn't say it was a flight brief, I called it a signal (which can mean any written information).

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 03, 2021
Oyo CP spoke with activist, says letter came from Abuja –Source

Igboho right to reject purported IGP’s invitation, says YCE scribe

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, is believed to be under serious political pressure to arrest Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho, for calling for the secession of the Yoruba from Nigeria.

It was learnt that the police may again attempt to carry out a covert operation to take Igboho into custody having failed to arrest him last month.

Findings indicate that the police authorities are in a dilemma on how to contain the activist who has been demanding the secession of the Yoruba from the country, following the failure of the Federal Government to curb the insecurity in the South-West.

Security sources said the police are being careful not to upset the delicate security situation in the South-West, which may become aggravated if Igboho is forcefully arrested.

This, Saturday PUNCH gathered, informed the decision of the police to invite Igboho.

A senior police officer, who spoke to one of our correspondents on condition of anonymity, said, “The IG has been under political pressure to arrest Igboho but some leaders from the South-West have also advised against Igboho’s arrest to avoid throwing the region into chaos. Igboho has a large following which may react violently if he is arrested. The police authorities are in a dilemma over the issue but I think the IG succumbed to pressure from government hawks who are uncomfortable with Igboho’s trenchant calls for the disintegration of the country.”

The activist had on Friday confirmed that the IG sent letters to him but his security team refused to accept the letter, citing fear for his safety.

In a statement by his media aide, Olayomi Koiki, Igboho said a letter was sent to him on Thursday via courier service while another was brought to his residence by about 15 policemen.

The statement read, “We would like to tell the international community and every Nigerian that this morning, 1st of April, 2021, a letter was sent via DHL to Chief Sunday Igboho but the letter was not received by his security team.

“Later around 3pm of the same day, a team of about six men without uniform arrived in a (Toyota) Corolla car and another nine were in police uniform but all were identified as police officers.

“They wanted to see Chief Sunday Igboho with a letter said to have been addressed to him by the Inspector-General of Police. Again, the letter was not received by Chief Sunday’s security team.

“Chief Sunday would like to know why a letter was sent to him and for what purpose. If the IG of Police wants to invite him, we would like him to first send the same letter to all the bandits and Boko Haram members killing our mothers and farmers and those kidnapping them.

“Since the IG of Police wants to invite him, he should make a public statement addressed to Chief Sunday Igboho. We should all remember how a letter was sent to the late Dele Giwa.”

Igboho became a subject of interest to government after he served a notice to quit on Fulani herdsmen in some parts of the South-West in January.

The police first attempt to arrest him was on February 26 when he was accosted by security agents around the Guru Maharaji bus stop along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

The move was, however, foiled by the activist’s followers.

Speaking on the encounter in an interview with Saturday PUNCH, Igboho had said he did not know why he was being targeted, advising the Federal Government to focus on capturing Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, and invite Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, who had been meeting with bandits and requesting amnesty for them.

He said, “I was never invited. They just lay in ambush for me at Guru Maharaji and started shooting. They started shouting, ‘Where is Sunday Igboho?’ I identified myself and asked them what the problem was. They said I was under arrest and I said, ‘For what? On my father’s land?’ That was how it degenerated.

“When they noticed how tense everywhere was, they fled. They came in four Hilux vans and a Toyota Land Cruiser. There are bandits operating all over the place but people like me who are defending our fatherland are the ones you want to arrest. Why?”

Asked if the police had invited him, he said, “I have not been invited. What have I done to warrant an arrest? Why do they want to arrest me? What have I done?”

On whether he would honour a police invitation if invited, Igboho said, “Go and ask them to invite Gumi and Shekau first before disturbing me. Let them face the bandits instead.”

Asked if he would go into hiding, he said, “What for? I am in the neighbourhood. I cannot run.”

Igboho also told Saturday PUNCH that his bank account was frozen for a while before the restriction was later lifted.

Igboho right to reject purported IG’s invitation – YCE scribe

The Secretary General of Yoruba Council of Elders, Dr Kunle Olajide, backed Igboho’s decision to reject the IG’s letter of invitation, saying it was suspicious.

Olajide, who said this in an interview with one of our correspondents in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Friday, stated that it was dangerous to receive such a letter especially with the situation of things in the country.

He added that it was not appropriate to have invited Igboho to Abuja, given the dangerous state of roads in the country.

Olajide said if the police had any question for Igboho, he could be engaged by senior police officers in Ibadan, rather than having to travel to Abuja.

Olajide said, “The police, in their structure, have the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Commissioner of Police and other senior police officers. Apart from the police, there is a director heading the Department of State Services in each state, so sending the letter from the IG to Sunday Igboho looks suspicious.

“Even if the invitation is from the IG, I would have expected him to direct his officers in Oyo State to meet Igboho and discuss with him. It is risky to take such a letter and I personally will not take such a letter. The letter raises suspicion, in my own view.

“It is even risky to invite somebody all the way from Ibadan to Abuja. The risk on the highway is there. There are officers around in the state who could ask him any question the police want to ask him. I agree with him not to have received the letter because people have received letters in the past which turned out to be parcel bombs.”

The YCE scribe added that he would be surprised if Igboho’s guess as to the reason for the invitation was correct.

He said, “I will be surprised because Miyetti Allah has said worse things on national television and in the newspapers and nobody invited them for interrogation.

“Our security agencies must be independent and not be partisan so that people will not believe that a particular ethnic group is superior to the others. That is important especially at this critical point where there is mutual suspicion among the ethnic groups.”

Activist has violated no law, SANs tell IG

Also reacting, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Chief Ifedayo Adedipe, said he didn’t know of any law that Igboho violated by refusing to accept the letter from the IG. The SAN added that the activist had reasons to be afraid given the circumstances in which the letter was to be delivered.

Adedipe said, “I do not know of any law that says if a letter is to be delivered to you, you could say no or you could accept it. I would not say that he has breached any law by refusing to accept the letter from the Inspector-General of Police. That is not a crime, because if you say something is a crime or is unlawful, there must be in existence, as the constitution requires, a specific law, whose component provisions are spelt out and penalty provided for non-observance of such law. So, if a letter is to be delivered to a man and he said, ‘I am not accepting the letter.’ That is not an offence.”

The SAN said in order not to create tension, the IG could have invited Igboho on phone or send one or two policemen to deliver the letter rather than a large number of cops.

Adedipe added, “If the man (IG) wishes to invite him (Igboho), he could either put a call through to him or send one or two policemen to deliver the letter, and not send a contingent of nine men to deliver a letter. What kind of letter is that? Are they carrying an elephant? When you had to send a whole contingent, the man is right to be apprehensive.”

Similarly, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), said it was morally wrong for the police to go after Igboho while the leaders of Miyetti Allah had not been invited or arrested for their actions.

Ozekhome, who said Igboho had become the face of the Yoruba’s struggle for self-determination, said arresting him would be counter-productive.

He said, “I will advise the police to first arrest leaders of Miyetti Allah who have come out serially to own up to many killings, mayhem, invasion of farmlands and rape of innocent women before thinking of Igboho.

“Igboho’s calls for Yoruba sovereignty are merely verbal. The acts of Miyetti Allah are overt and seen by everybody. Calls for self-determination are legitimate. This is recognised by international instruments and organisations, including the UNO, African Commission on Human and People’s Rights, AU, EU and others.

“More important is the fact that Igboho is wearing the new face of the struggle for Yoruba’s quest for self-determination. Arresting or detaining him will be counter-productive.”

Also speaking, a former Vice-President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr Monday Ubani, said Igboho had reasons to be afraid for his life. He advised the activist to honour the IG’s invitation, accompanied by his lawyer, in order not to appear like a lawless person.

Ubani said, “He (Igboho) was saying he was afraid of parcel bomb; you know how Dele Giwa died; he’s being careful. But for me, if the letter comes from the IG, even if he did not accept it for the sake of his safety, he should try to honour the invitation of the IG if the content of that letter is made known to him, as to what time he is needed at the IG’s office. But I want him to ensure that he goes there with his lawyers. The Yoruba are not short of good lawyers; they should go with him to ensure that his rights are not violated.

“I will advise him to honour the invitation and not let it look that he is dishonouring the invitation of the IG and then probably appear lawless. If the invitation is genuinely from the IG, I will want him to honour that invitation.”

FG can’t arrest Igboho without picking Gumi, others – Falana

Reacting to the botched attempt to arrest Igboho in January, human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana (SAN), had said it would be wrong for the Federal Government to arrest Igboho and not pick up Islamic cleric, Gumi, who had been meeting with bandits, and other northerners who had in the past issued notices to quit to southerners.

Falana, who spoke in an interview with Saturday PUNCH, had noted that Gumi had told bandits that Christian soldiers were behind the attacks on them.

Falana said rather than focus on Igboho, the government must ensure that justice was applied equitably.

He said, “Sunday Igboho should not be arrested because those who had issued quit notices in the past were not arrested. Someone like Gumi, who is causing religious division in the military, has not been arrested. Unless they are ready to adopt the same standard, you cannot arrest Igboho.

“Those who gave quit notices in the past were never arrested. In any case, the DSS has denied trying to arrest him. However, you cannot arrest him.”

https://punchng.com/ig-under-pressure-to-arrest-igboho-as-activist-snubs-police-invitation/

Jokers grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2021
Suspected Fulani herdsmen have launched a fresh attack on Igangan in the Ibarapa North Local Government Area of the state.

Our correspondent gathered that some herdsmen on Friday afternoon attacked a retired school principal, Ojedokun Ogunmodede.

The reason why his assailant attacked him was not clear but sources close to the victim said there was no confrontation between him and the herdsmen who inflicted machete injuries which almost chopped off his two hands.

The Secretary of Ibarapa Farmers Union, Mr Taiwo Adeagbo, who is popularly known as Akowe Agbe, told our correspondent on the telephone that the retired principal is his relative.

Adeagbo, who is fighting for the rights of farmers in Ibarapa, said herdsmen had not stopped destroying farms and attacking farmers in the area despite the public outcry against their criminal activities.

He said, “The victim is my relative. He is a retired principal and he should be around 62 years old. I was called to see what happened to him. I immediately called the Commissioner of Police (Ngozi Onadeko). She said I should report to the police officially and I called the DPO in Ayete. He came with two officers and two vans loaded with armed policemen.

“The DPO could not look at the pictures of the victim. They were gory. Strands of flesh are preventing the two hands from falling off after the attack. The two hands are almost off. They have ruined his life.”

The Police Public Relations Officer in Oyo State Mr Olugbenga Fadeyi, when contacted said the attack was a reprisal by a herder to an earlier attack against three Fulani by some youths in Igangan.

He said, “Information from DPO Ayete revealed that a Fulani herdsman attacked and macheted a man in his farm by causing injury to his hands.

“ The attack was a reprisal by some youths in Igangan, three Fulani herdsmen were attacked and they sustained injuries while they were rushed to a hospital in Igboora for treatment.

“The DPO Ayete and his police personnel were drafted to the scene to prevent further attack. The aggrieved youths were dispersed and normalcy restored.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/herdsmen-return-to-igangan-cut-retired-principals-hands/%3famp

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 9:19am On Apr 03, 2021
joscofelix2:

As usual, your information is extremely wrong. For starters while its known that JAS had acquired a few 9K32 Strela MANPADs a few years ago, their serviceability was in question as the launchers were all missing their thermal batteries which is a critical component and hard to acquire, without which, the launchers proportional navigation guidance system wouldn't function. The entire canister is as good as a toy.

The only known use of a MANPAD by JAS was back in 2015 during a high intensity combat operation on the Mandara Mountains. JAS unsuccessfully launched one Strela MANPAD against a strafing A-jet and that was it.

Secondly, if you has watched the video, you would see the A-Jet already trailing smoke before it went down. The explosion was a doctored image. The wreckage of the jet was also intact on the ground along with the pilots' bodies. This is indicative of the fact that DID NOT explode mid-air as seen in JAS's doctored image. It was more likely a catastrophic mechanical failure brought about by maybe a lucky enemy AAA hit on a critical component or a technical fault that prevented a safe ejection before the crash.

Additionally as you may not be aware, all NAF pilots and aircraft have beacons and transponders incase of emergencies. The problem was that the jet went down in a contested battle space, behind enemy lines, so friendly ground force were not able to reach the crash site 48 hours later even as JAS snapped pictures. A part of me is happy the pilots didn't safely eject and land into the hands of the enemy.

In conclusion, no it was not a MANPAD and there will not be any "revenge mission" as you falsely allude apart from ongoing operations within the Tura Takaibango II's mandate. NAF has also not received any "latest armament" yet as its still using rockets, Mk.82 bombs and ATGM's it has always used with great effect and no, we don't have "nuclear RAAD II missiles"

Please respect the thread for once and not use this tragedy to score cheap Internet points.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 9:43am On Apr 03, 2021
Whyem15:
The NAF is in need of more ISR platforms, the crash of the beechcraft and the ongoing maintenance of the ATR-42s has created a capacity gap that needs to be filled urgently. UK is decommissioning some of their platforms, NAF should look into getting some for the mean time.

I also pray NAF will make good use of the APKWS coming with the Tucanos to take out the mobility of the terrorists.

We cannot purchase the sentinal aircraft as there are maintenance and durability issues with that aircraft, hence it was retired early.

Government needs to make security a priority, there simply is no evidence to show that this government and the previous governments since OBJ consider security to be important.

We need to overhaul our security architecture, invest in training, manpower and equipment.

There should be a separate agency that handles purchase of equipment and secrecy in procurement of equipment encourages corruption. Nigerians need to know what we are buying, the number and cost. This information should be readily available for scrutiny and public.

In terms of training our soldiers, especially the army need better training, our soldiers have a habit of abandoning equipment, chain of command especially in the lower ranks of the army seems inexistent.

Soldiers need to be held responsible for loss of equipment.

SOP needs to be overhauled and strictly adhered to, and soldiers in charge of squads need to be held responsible for failure to adhere to SOP.

Our troops need to be rotated more from the battlefield, this idea were men spend up to 3 years in the battlefield before rotation is not helpful to anyone and only seeks to empower the terrorists.

As a nation, Nigerians love to politicise security issues, as a result there is a security challenge in every region of Nigeria.

Politicization of security challenges needs to stop.

12 years and counting of an insurgency, yet we still are stuck with the same problems as in 2009.

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 9:56am On Apr 03, 2021
HoneyBadgerr:
Guys, please help me understand this...

How is it that a fighter jet was shot down and NAF could not tell its last position before it went off the radar? How is it that we were all in limbo and 'Insha Allah' until Boko Haram released videos and pictures?

I'm just struggling to understand these things because as a former Telco guy that used to monitor the network, within 30mins a site goes down, a technical team in that axis is dispatched to site to assess the situation and bring back om air.

So how does a fighter jet go off the radar and we all had to wait for Boko haram to announce the fate of the jet and officers. Just so ridiculous! 3 whole days and nothing definite!!! If it was the president and his family's plane that went off radar would the response be the same? Or even if it was some VIP flying over the region?

Unfortunately that area is contested.

NAF knew the location but given the large presence of enemy forces, inadequacy of platforms and lack of adequate Intel NAF took to thread with caution.

Boko-Haram pounced on these and took propaganda advantage of the situation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 10:01am On Apr 03, 2021
Gentlelord:

Definitely they will know more about what you just highlighted, probably they didn't want to disseminate the whole information just yet.

I will also say the new CAS has been poor in PR. Didn't he learn anything from Sadique rtd. I expect him to release some bombardment footages before the end of next week to boost our moral

According to the Chief of Naval Staff, all the service chiefs and CDS agreed that all the talking should be done on the battlefield and not in the media.

This is the new strategy they have decided to pursue hence the lack of battlefield videos & pictures.

Wars are won in the battlefield and in the media, so this talk of reducing battlefield footages is not an effective strategy and this is the fact.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 10:09am On Apr 03, 2021
kabe1:

We cannot purchase the sentinal aircraft as there are maintenance and durability issues with that aircraft, hence it was retired early.

Government needs to make security a priority, there simply is no evidence to show that this government and the previous governments since OBJ consider security to be important.

We need to overhaul our security architecture, invest in training, manpower and equipment.

There should be a separate agency that handles purchase of equipment and secrecy in procurement of equipment encourages corruption. Nigerians need to know what we are buying, the number and cost. This information should be readily available for scrutiny and public.

In terms of training our soldiers, especially the army need better training, our soldiers have a habit of abandoning equipment, chain of command especially in the lower ranks of the army seems inexistent.

SOP needs to be overhauled and strictly adhered to, and soldiers in charge of squads need to be held responsible for failure to adhere to SOP.

Our troops need to be rotated more from the battlefield, this idea were men spend up to 3 years in the battlefield before rotation is not helpful to anyone and only seeks to empower the terrorists.

As a nation, Nigerians love to politicise security issues, as a result there is a security challenge in every region of Nigeria.

12 years and counting of an insurgency, yet we still are stuck with the same problems as in 2009.

I no know how to quantify the over sense wet you make here.
Very spot on, especially the training and rotation angle.
I dey owe you one CHILLED BOTTLE

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:20am On Apr 03, 2021
kabe1:

You have said it all. cool

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2021
kabe1:

According to the Chief of Naval Staff, all the service chiefs and CDS agreed that all the talking should be done on the battlefield and not in the media.

This is the new strategy they have decided to pursue hence the lack of battlefield videos & pictures.

Wars are won in the battlefield and in the media, so this talk of reducing battlefield footages is not an effective strategy and this is the fact.
that strategy tire meooo. even the cas went to naf beune i did not released a single footage of the j17 or talk about it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Y'all need to see this video. It shows where Boko Haram got their heavily manipulated video from.

Boko Haram didn't shoot down the aircraft, it crashed on its own!
https://twitter.com/HKaaman/status/1378278272237207557?s=19

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:29am On Apr 03, 2021
Also, when Boko Haram filmed the dead pilot with the partially open chute, the body was already bloated. He has been dead for a while before they found them!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 11:35am On Apr 03, 2021
Xbee007:
Y'all need to see this video. It shows where Boko Haram got their heavily manipulated video from.

We all knew the explosion was fake, because the jet was falling intact and the crash site.
Maybe a lucky AA shot or technical problem, Nigerians normally will discredit the NAF investigation report.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:42am On Apr 03, 2021
tutudesz:

We all knew the explosion was fake, because the jet was falling intact and the crash site.
Maybe a lucky AA shot or technical problem, Nigerians normally will discredit the NAF investigation report.
I really doubt it was even shot down at all. They found the wreckages over 24 hours after it crashed and filmed it. That is all.

Even the part where the wreckage was burning on the ground was added from other videos. I'm sure it can be found if someone look harder.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 11:44am On Apr 03, 2021
Someone just dug out the video BHT used in claiming they shot down the Alpha Jet.

Apparently, BHT is just claiming an unfortunate accident.

RIP to the dead

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
Xbee007:

where are those shouting manpads

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
Xbee007:
Also, when Boko Haram filmed the dead pilot with the partially open chute, the body was already bloated. He has been dead for a while before they found them!
Exactly! I hope they find the otherr pilot.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
Kalapizim:
Exactly! I hope they find the otherr pilot.
I don't know if the other pilot I still alive but my friend who's a NAF SOF said they're currently heading for CSAR.i didn't ask him much my prayers are with him.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.