Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,891 members, 7,852,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:27 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3065602 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
adamx23:

Nobody expects much from you either.. You sound so unrefined every single time.. You're just a noisemaker on this thread.
k
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord undecided serioiously you need help badly, always celebrating the death of security personnels or security setback undecided

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2021
Covert1:

Are you denying the obvious. Massacres of innocent civilians has been committed by most armies on counterinsurgency operations. You will be doing disservice to yourself to ignore facts. Please Google is readily available.
There is no evidence the guys that attacked the Nigerian army is in that town. Why do they have to kill people and burn houses. This killings will continue from both end and won't stop.

I can't find a link were British massacre British civilians or where US forces massacre americans in the USA.

Help me with a link.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
tutudesz:
DubaiLandLord undecided serioiously you need help badly, always celebrating the death of security personnels or security setback undecided
People that also justify the killings of armless civilians also need help.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
There is no evidence the guys that attacked the Nigerian army is in that town. Why do they have to kill people and burn houses. This killings will continue from both end and won't stop.

I can't find a link were British massacre British civilians or where US forces massacre americans in the USA.

Help me with a link.
Are you comparing British and America forces killing of innocent people with that of Nigeria What about the Killing in Afghanistan Iraq Falklands

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2021
you missed the part of American history where US troops gunned down unarmed students protesting the Vietnam war?
now of course i get your point, issue here is, certain countries like Myanmar and Nigeria seem to be brazen in their unethical treatments of civilians. A one off event is one thing, Nigeria's own seems to be on repeat.
And someone keep saying all is fair in war or whatever, didn't know war was declared in that area. if those affected civilians are your loved ones, you wouldn't call it fair.
go after criminals, making life hell for the people will not change hearts in support for the govt or troops.

https://www.kent.edu/may-4-historical-accuracy

DubaiLandLord:

Help me with a link.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
People that also justify the killings of armless civilians also need help.
Justify the Killing of armless civilians undecided when and were You sound so tough sitting behind your phone/computer were you are safe, were no unknown gunmen want to kill you, were nobody cares if you die protecting then undecided

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
BREAKING: Benue: Army allegedly opens fire, kills 70, sets community ablazePublished on April 9, 2021By Ochogwu Sunday

The Nigerian Army have allegedly killed over 70 residents of Mbator in Shangev-Tiev of Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State.

The soldiers allegedly invaded the community following the killing of about 10 personnel who were on stabilisation operation in the state over the communal clash between Konshisha and Oju Local Government Area.

DAILY POST had reported that the military, through its Director, Public Relations, Brig.-Gen Mohammed Yerima, in a statement on Thursday, confirmed the killing of the officers, stating that they were initially declared missing.

[b]Following the attack on the troops, the army allegedly invaded the community on Thursday, gunned down scores and set houses and other facilities ablaze.

A group known as Shangev-Tiev Assembly (STA), while addressing newsmen in Makurdi, the state capital on Friday, said about 15 other neighbouring communities have also been razed.

According to their spokesman, Elder Tyoh Jude, “The army has so far razed and demolished farms, schools, hospitals and residences of Bonta, Tse-Jembe, Tse-Anyom, Gbinde, Mbaakpur, Aku, Agidi, Gungul, Adoka, Guleya, Awajir, Shiliki, Achoho and Ullam in Gwer Local Government Area, and are still planning to do same to other neighbouring towns within Konshisha LGA.

“Our unarmed people are being killed intentionally in large numbers by armed personnel of the Nigerian Army. Presently, over 70 persons are reported dead and more than 100 people are missing, mostly women, children and the elderly and hundreds of thousands displaced with its attendant humanitarian consequences[/b].”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/04/09/breaking-benue-army-allegedly-opens-fire-kills-70-sets-community-ablaze/

Nah for people wey dey always cry about Sahara reporter fingering their brains.

No sane country Army will do this to her unarmed civilians.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Justify the Killing of armless civilians undecided when and were You sound so tough sitting behind your phone/computer were you are safe, were no unknown gunmen want to kill you, were nobody cares if you die protecting then undecided
k.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sizzorkay:
you missed the part of American history where US troops gunned down unarmed students protesting the Vietnam war?
now of course i get your point, issue here is, certain countries like Myanmar and Nigeria seem to be brazen in their unethical treatments of civilians. A one off event is one thing, Nigeria's own seems to be on repeat.
And someone keep saying all is fair in war or whatever, didn't know war was declared in that area. if those affected civilians are your loved ones, you wouldn't call it fair.
go after criminals, making life hell for the people will not change hearts in support for the govt or troops.

He was talking about counterinsurgency operations.

And again, I 4 understand if nah just once in a while thing. But this is getting too much. It happened in Odi, thousands of people were killed. It has been happening and happening.

They killed hundreds of people in Kaduna. They killed men, women and children. This people were not armed at all o.

I just dey imagine make Soldiers dey patrol in a location like ikorodu in Lagos, make cultists com attack and kill them and take their arms and flee.

So this soldiers go go pack their selves for their barracks and com attack us be that o... Make dem no sha burn where I dey live grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
seankafor:
If you re in the soldiers shoes, I bet most of us all would have done close to the same.
In war, all is fair and square... Most people kill the relatives and families of their opponents in retaliation..

It's not in every equation the rule applies..

Once you habour a criminal,you yourself is a criminal and an accomplice and as such should accept whatever befalls of you.

Back in my school days, if the classroom is noisy, and the prefect or authority comes in, and asks for the noise makers, and we failed to provide them, then all of us will be mass punished.. it is what it is.

No evidence Mister President and or military hierarchy declared war on Benue state. Military were possibly reacting to situations for which they seem untrained, situations best suited to well-trained police force, perhaps - others may explain this better...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
tutudesz:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/world/middleeast/pentagon-civilian-deaths-afghanistan-iraq-syria.amp.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/the-kill-team-how-u-s-soldiers-in-afghanistan-murdered-innocent-civilians-169793/amp/
I thought you will show me link of british soldiers killing british civilians in counterinsurgency operations.

I remember the time that Yoruba guy stabbed a British soldier to death, if they are to act like the Nigerian army, they would have unleash hell on Yoruba dominated part of London grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
He was talking about counterinsurgency operations.

And again, I 4 understand if nah just once in a while thing. But this is getting too much. It happened in Odi, thousands of people were killed. It has been happening and happening.

They killed hundreds of people in Kaduna. They killed men, women and children. This people were not armed at all o.

I just dey imagine make Soldiers dey patrol in a location like ikorodu in Lagos, make cultists com attack and kill them and take their arms and flee.

So this soldiers go go pack their selves for their barracks and com attack us be that o... Make dem no sha burn where I dey live grin

Thousands of people were killed in Odi undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Help me with a link.

I've resolved I won't provide you any links, yes I guess u know that by now. Having seen ur postulations enough I know u're educated enough to know these atrocities exist elsewhere. Living in self denial to give a dog a bad name in other hang it is self deceit and I take u to be more assorted than that to continue to remain subjective about issues. Where or who is not the issue of this activities. Did they happen, yes. Is there justification, that's another debate.

The deterioration in Nigerian society where citizens brazenly and routinely ambush and kill servicemen is an affront on civilization and shows how low we have come in our orientation. Those first world countries you may reside in and comfortably write hold their police and military in high regard even if those same forces have committed some of the most heinous crimes.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
he was talking about US or British forces killing their own people, not foreigners. we all know they kill unarmed civilians too, just not their own, heads will roll if they try that.
That's why they always have cash on hand in those countries, i think each life taken overseas is worth about $2,500 lol. that's how little grieving families get in compensation

tutudesz:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-53597137
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2019/2/4/british-army-authorised-killing-of-unarmed-civilians-report
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-soldiers-killed-186-innocent-4915208.amp
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/war-crimes-investigation-government-army-killing-civilians-iraq-afghanistan-a9207016.html?amp
https://apnews.com/article/78cd420622fa93be8db0a23e9ed07d59
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-12-31-mn-7155-story.html?_amp=true

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sizzorkay:
he was talking about US or British forces killing their own people, not foreigners. we all know they kill unarmed civilians too, just not their own, heads will roll if they try that.
That's why they always have cash on hand in those countries, i think each life taken overseas is worth about $2,500 lol. that's how little grieving families get in compensation

Tribalism exist in Nigeria
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2021
its happened elsewhere makes it okay? professional soldiers shouldn't do such, not in own country against your own people. if this was proven to be true that is. definitely no excuse for it.
If criminals are hiding in that community, there has to be a better way to fish them out without unleashing such damage on the people. its fvking criminal if true. And a war crime. No other way to put it.
If this accusations are true that is

Covert1:

I've resolved I won't provide you any links, yes I guess u know that by now. Having seen ur postulations enough I know u're educated enough to know these atrocities exist elsewhere. Living in self denial to give a dog a bad name in other hang it is self deceit and I take u to be more assorted than that to continue to remain subjective about issues. Where or who is not the issue of this activities. Did they happen, yes. Is there justification, that's another debate.

The deterioration in Nigerian society where citizens brazenly and routinely ambush and kill Servicemen is an affront on civilization and shows how low we have come in our orientation. Those same first countries you may reside in and comfortably reside in hold their police or military in high regard even if those same forces have committed some of the most heinous crimes.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
Litmus:

No evidence, Mister President and or military hierarchy declared war on Benue state. Military were possibly reacting to situations for which they seem untrained, situations best suited to well-trained police force, perhaps - others may explain this better...
you sitting in your room are you trained. Stop Making noise
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sizzorkay:

When the civilians the Nigerian army treated so badly decides to carry arms now. All we would be hearing from the useless army is pray for us.... .their gun is more sophisticated than ours..The Nigerian army never learn...They would continue to die like fowl...Whatever happens they would never win the trouble they started...!!! I just wonder the kind of training they give them in that their camp...no single professionalism...Just point and shoot then burn, which is not so different from the way the ordinary bandits we have here operates...!!

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Thousands of people were killed in Odi undecided
Yes. You can make more research about the massacre in Odi yourself sha. Even GEJ said it was mostly the elderly, women and children that were killed in Odi.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sizzorkay:
its happened elsewhere makes it okay? professional soldiers shouldn't do such, not in own country against your own people. if this was proven to be true that is. definitely no excuse for it.
If criminals are hiding in that community, there has to be a better way to fish them out without unleashing such damage on the people. its fvking criminal if true. And a war crime. No other way to put it.
If this accusations are true that is

And I'm asking you proffer a solution to fish them out. While you are it please help me understand what you would do if you have responsibility for security in a given area where your forces are killed for performing their legitimate duty. I guess police randomly killing blacks on American streets cannot be construed as unacceptable.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Yes. You can make more research about the massacre in Odi yourself sha. Even GEJ said it was mostly the elderly, women and children that were killed in Odi.
Guy I be Ijaw boy and the number of people killed in Odi is between 100-200
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2021
Thanks for all the links shared.
At least you have shown us that the killings of unarmed civilians didn't go unpunished neither were the troops cheered on by civilized people for murdering people (IN A FOREIGN LAND OH. IN AN OFFICIAL WAR ZONE OH).

Still yet to see those killings brazzenly committed on home soil.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
I SUPPORT THE MILITARY ACTION IN BEUNE STATE. YOU SAY YOUR RUBBISH IF YOU WISH
I can't blame you. Because sentiment and cow urine has affected your brain. When some soldiers were killed by bandit at Birnin Gwari, Kaduna some months ago. We never hear of military action and airstrikes. But when it is Benue and some south East. Na DAT time una muscles will rise. Shameful

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Guy I be Ijaw boy and the number of people killed in Odi is between 100-200
You be ijaw boy no mean anything. Bring out stats to back this up. Did you see the amount that would have been dole out by the FG if they didn't force the people of the community to negotiate?

If you have your own stats bring it up. You and I were not in Odi the day it happened.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2021
Covert1:

And I'm asking you proffer a solution to fish them out. While you are it please help me understand what you would do if you have responsibility for security in a given area where your forces are killed for performing their legitimate duty. I guess police randomly killing blacks on American streets cannot be construed as unacceptable.
So you want to compare it to the killings of the Nigerian police grin

You want to compare what happened in Akwuzu SARS police station to what is happening in the USA grin You're a comedian grin

Una dey always funny me sha. There is a route between Kogi and Edo state, soldiers on the road dey collect #500 from trailers. Dangote trailers are not left out too grin I hope you will also tell us about American soldiers collecting egunje on top Federal road for Yankee

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
So you want to compare it to the killings of the Nigerian police grin

Una dey always funny me sha. There is a route between Kogi and Edo state, soldiers on the road dey collect #500 from trailers. Dangote trailers are not left out too grin I hope you will also tell us about American soldiers collecting egunje on top Federal road for Yankee
YOU ARE A LAIR THUNDER FIRE YOU. AWOOAH . THE CHECKING POINT BETWEEN OKENE AND OKEPALLA IN EDO STATE. THE SOLIDER WHICH ARE FROM 109 SPECIAL FORCE BATTALION HAVE A BILL BOARD THERE SAYING IF THE COLLECT MONEY, YOU SHOULD CALL THAT LINE. ALL YOUR LAIR WERE YOU THE LAIR NA GOD GO PUNISH YOU. YOU WANT LAIR FOR MY STATE AGAIN. BABA OWEN BECAREFUL OF YOUR LIAR. DUBAILANDLORD BECAAREFUL OF YOUR LIAR

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You be ijaw boy no mean anything. Bring out stats to back this up. Did you see the amount that would have been dole out by the FG if they didn't force the people of the community to negotiate?

If you have your own stats bring it up. You and I were not in Odi the day it happened.
"Human Rights Watch concluded that "the soldiers must certainly have killed tens of unarmed civilians and that figures of several hundred dead are entirely possible"
It was clearly written there "Tens" undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.