Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3048265 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
Right? i was actually being sincere with my question to his comment

GeneralFarouq:

Which area are u talking about, clueless folk

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

It’s too risky attending. Has Buhari visited any deep field location in Borno state?

Yes the combat theater of Borno generally is a risky place as troops conduct CT/COIN operations but I think if the President of Nigeria wants to visit he will visit but at an enormous cost of moving men and materials in place. He has visited Maiduguri. So was Jonathan before.

About N'djamena I think there's more than meets the eye and it's not about security but President Buhari's absence is symbolic to say the least and does not match his eulogy of Idris Deby Itno who committed his troops to the Boko haram war.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
the two francophone nation visit buhari in lass than 2-3 week interval and you think something is not wrong. the day Niger republic speak against france after in inauguration they was a coup attempt on him, and you think something is not wrong, the rebel that they say killed debby was a rebel France have sent and giving them assistance in libya and you say something is wrong. from my intel they is a new policy they brought by france which chad, niger and other country rejected(i will not go further) i pray they do not go after niger president

Sounds a lot like conspiracy theories. France appear to lose with Deby's death but it raises a whole lot of questions why didn't they intervene and allow Deby to go to the front if those reports are true, why would they when they could easily halt the advancing rebel column with precision strikes. It might be a game of cards to complicate matters for Abuja in the war or Abuja knows something and would prefer a new leadership in N'djamena. Niger knows its future lies with Nigeria not France a declining power. This whole thing could get some perspective if Nigeria decide it's time to end French hegemony of Francophone West Africa and it can but with a war on its hands it might not be prudent to do so now rather maybe better to employ clandestine means and ECOWAS mechanisms like the Eco currency to achieve those ends. It can also guarantee presidential security for pliant states. That is one way to weed these states off France.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2021
Buhari isn't a rebel king. We actually do more to protect our Presidents and give it more prestige. Deby was silly to keep sticking his neck out like that.
To see a country's President bloody and dirty. it's a sad sight.
Hell they should have came up with another story as to how or what killed him. Those rebels just scored big. if they actually killed him.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
Covert1:

Sounds a lot like conspiracy theories. France appear to lose with Deby's death but it raises a whole lot of questions why didn't they intervene and allow Deby to go to the front if those reports are true, why would they when they could easily halt the advancing rebel column with precision strikes. It might be a game of cards to complicate matters for Abuja in the war or Abuja knows something and would prefer a new leadership in N'djamena. Niger knows its future lies with Nigeria not France a declining power. This whole thing could get some perspective if Nigeria decide to end French hegemony of Francophone West Africa and it can but with a war on its hands it might not be prudent to do so now rather maybe better to employ clandestine means and ECOWAS mechanisms like the Eco currency to achieve those ends. It can also guarantee presidential security for pliant states.
As far as I'm concerned. French hegemony in Africa can only end/wane by a strong ECOWAS. A strong ECOWAS is a strong Nigeria. Our neighborhood is too full of backstabbers for me to even want to us to dirty our hands in playing big brother

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:49pm On Apr 23, 2021
Covert1:
Nigeria beefs up border to avoid Chadian influx – defence minister

Nigeria has reinforced its border security to avoid a potential influx of Chadians following the death of Chad’s leader Idriss Deby, the defence minister said on Thursday.

Deby was killed on Monday in a battle against rebels who had invaded from the north, plunging the country into turmoil.

“When we heard of the death of the Chadian president…the government took action immediately. We beefed up security on our borders with Chad, not to allow the influx of Chadian refugees into Nigeria,” said Bashir Salihi Magashi, a retired army major general.

Only Nigerians from Chad would be allowed into the country, he told reporters in the capital Abuja.

Nigeria is trying to deal with its own problems.

It is battling with mass kidnapping and killings linked to a decade-long Islamist insurgency in the northern part of the country that has displaced thousands of people in recent years.

“We are on top of the situation and we believe that African countries and international organizations will soon come together to find solutions to the problem in Chad as expected of them.”

Deby’s son has taken over as president and the armed forces commander and dissolved the government and parliament as rebel forces threaten to march on the capital.
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/security/border-security/nigeria-beefs-up-border-to-avoid-chadian-influx-defence-minister/

Inset: Rugged Nigerian Army Combat Troops

Nice move !

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Salatavor: 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
timay:

Even though I no too like our military, but I still respect them for that singular action of rejecting AFRICOM till this day.

The military might not be getting a lot of things right, but at least they did not allow their greed to stop them from rejecting an American military base on our soil
The Nigeria that rejected Africom was not almost overun by terrorists... It was a strong Nigeria. Today Nigeria will accept anything. Including hand down military equipments.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2021
Sizzorkay:
Buhari isn't a rebel king. We actually do more to protect our Presidents and give it more prestige. Deby was silly to keep sticking his neck out like that.
To see a country's President bloody and dirty. it's a sad sight.
Hell they should have came up with another story as to how or what killed him. Those rebels just scored big. if they actually killed him.
Isn't it interesting the rebels haven't even come out to say they did which is uncharacteristic of rebel or terrorists groups. They would want to cash in on that publicity and drive the narrative, they didn't yet the press is buying that one sided story of events. This should concentrate minds.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
Covert1:

Sounds a lot like conspiracy theories. France appear to lose with Deby's death but it raises a whole lot of questions why didn't they intervene and allow Deby to go to the front if those reports are true, why would they when they could easily halt the advancing rebel column with precision strikes. It might be a game of cards to complicate matters for Abuja in the war or Abuja knows something and would prefer a new leadership in N'djamena. Niger knows its future lies with Nigeria not France a declining power. This whole thing could get some perspective if Nigeria decide it's time to end French hegemony of Francophone West Africa and it can but with a war on its hands it might not be prudent to do so now rather maybe better to employ clandestine means and ECOWAS mechanisms like the Eco currency to achieve those ends. It can also guarantee presidential security for pliant states. That is one way to weed these states off France.
and that is what niger republic is trying to do. want to pull out from france. they is a heavy game card played with the death of debby
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
greedy France is only interested in the yellow cake !

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2021
Odunayaw:
As far as I'm concerned. French hegemony in Africa can only end/wane by a strong ECOWAS. A strong ECOWAS is a strong Nigeria. Our neighborhood is too full of backstabbers for me to even want to us to dirty our hands in playing big brother
I concur "A strong ECOWAS is a strong Nigeria". A strong Nigeria is also a strong ECOWAS. A weak Nigeria is a disaster for all of Africa. We can even stretch it to say a strong African Union behind Nigeria taking the lead is a force to be reckoned with in global affairs. The way to shut down these colonialists once and for all is to be united. But fifth columnists abound everywhere because of envy. The likes of Quattara helped by Jonathan to office now a total lackey of France and then the perennial ruler in Cameroon and even worse South Africa under Jacob Zuma and other puppets of the west. I expected more from Ramaphosa but with him and his ANC already advocating support for the junta in N'djamena for the sake of stability raises questions of what are there motives here. The whole chad business screams bad news with terrorists running amok and cheap Libyan weapons awash in the entire sub-region.

Another option is to allow the regional hegemons a seat on the UNSC with veto power but here we are with the west playing brother against brother. ECOWAS still seems the best route for Nigeria but Africa would be better off with Nigeria as its lead voice in global affairs much like Europe defers to America. Many will not agree with me and may clamor instead for a United States of Africa but I don't see Nigeria with its huge population and potential acceding to such ideas which is why it supports the gradualist position of integrating the African Union. The strategic patience Nigeria has thus far employed might need to be jettisoned for a more robust assertive foreign policy to whip these nations into line for true emancipation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iboboyswag(m): 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
Covert1:

Very sound argument... Leaves a lot to ponder upon.

But if this is correct, then the glory days of a functioning and assertive foreign policy with regards to West Africa may be in the horizon again.

I fucking love this!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2021
Covert1:

Isn't it interesting the rebels haven't even come out to say they did which is uncharacteristic of rebel or terrorists groups. They would want to cash in on that publicity and drive the narrative, they didn't yet the press is buying that one sided story of events. This should concentrate minds.

Now someone is asking the right questions. I totally agree with you on this. I have been following this news every hour and I have not heard the rebels claim responsibility. Probably they are just too surprised at their luck or not sure which rebel group actually carried out the hit. As for me I believe he was assassinated by his own guys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
Covert1:

I concur "A strong ECOWAS is a strong Nigeria". A strong Nigeria is also a strong ECOWAS. A weak Nigeria is a disaster for all of Africa. We can even stretch it to say a strong African Union behind Nigeria taking the lead is a force to be reckoned with in global affairs. The way to shut down these colonialists once and for all is to be united. But fifth columnists abound everywhere because of envy. The likes of Quattara helped by Jonathan to office now a total lackey of France and then the perennial ruler in Cameroon and even worse South Africa under Jacob Zuma and other puppets of the west. I expected more from Ramaphosa but with him and his ANC already advocating support for the junta in N'djamena for the sake of stability raises questions of what are there motives here. The whole chad business screams bad news with terrorists running amok and cheap Libyan weapons awash in the entire sub-region.

Another option is to allow the regional hegemons a seat on the UNSC with veto power but here we are with the west playing brother against brother. ECOWAS still seems the best route for Nigeria but Africa would be better off with Nigeria as its lead voice in global affairs much like Europe defers to America. Many will not agree with me and may clamor instead for a United States of Africa but I don't see Nigeria with its huge population and potential acceding to such ideas which is why it supports the gradualist position of integrating the African Union. The strategic patience Nigeria has thus far employed might need to be jettisoned for a more robust assertive foreign policy to whip these nations into line for true emancipation.

If we had our house in order, I would prefer we pull out of AU. Most African countries are not ready to be truly independent. We are always looking for validation from the west. I really got pissed off today after watching interview of the African diplomat that was fired for criticising France.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Flanker: 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2021
large algerian army exercise this month

strat video at 03:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svV9ijMk9EY

another algerian air force exercise this month too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAkth_qfdew

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:29am On Apr 24, 2021
Perhaps the greatest undoing of the current service chiefs will be not playing the PR game with the terrorists. Those videos had great effects on how Nigerians perceived the war when they were releasing them but was unfortunately too late for the service chiefs at that time.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:45am On Apr 24, 2021
GEDIAM IS UNDER HEAVY ATTACK PRAY FOR THE TROOP THE TERROIST PROMISE TO TAKE THE TOWN
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:14am On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
GEDIAM IS UNDER HEAVY ATTACK PRAY FOR THE TROOP THE TERROIST PROMISE TO TAKE THE TOWN

They came back again? shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:18am On Apr 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

They came back again? shocked
yes. i heard that yesterday they share letter
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 8:19am On Apr 24, 2021
Fynline:

If we had our house in order, I would prefer we pull out of AU. Most African countries are not ready to be truly independent. We are always looking for validation from the west. I really got pissed off today after watching interview of the African diplomat that was fired for criticising France.
Pulling out of AU would be unreasonable and would have serious consequences. That's if it's technically possible to do so.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:22am On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
yes. i heard that yesterday they share letter

I heard it was repelled yesterday. Tho once ISWAP drops a letter in any attack it’s necessary to run away from that community for two months if possible.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I heard it was repelled yesterday. Tho once ISWAP drops a letter in any attack it’s necessary to run away from that community for two months if possible.
yes it was repelled but they came back early this morning
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NafeesaAA(f): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2021
Ops Tura Bango seem to have lost momentum. No more updates of military achievements, only news of repeated BHT attacks on Super Camps.

It seems to me like the NA can't fight these ragtag militias without air support. Its like the NA are waiting for Tucanos and JF-17 before they could muster courage to venture of thier Super Camps.

Everything just looks blimp and scary to me. I come to this thread to read and enjoy news of Victory over these bloodsockers but I am.daily fed with news of REPELLED REPELLED and REPELLED

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2021
NafeesaAA:
Ops Tura Bango seem to have lost momentum. No more updates of military achievements, only news of repeated BHT attacks on Super Camps.

It seems to me like the NA can't fight these ragtag militias without air support. Its like the NA are waiting for Tucanos and JF-17 before they could muster courage to venture of thier Super Camps.

Everything just looks blimp and scary to me. I come to this thread to read and enjoy news of Victory over these bloodsockers but I am.daily fed with news of REPELLED REPELLED and REPELLED

I have seen this trend,
years ago we called the Police> then Soilders> now Airforce.... who would save us next?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:33am On Apr 24, 2021
cutievik:

I have seen this trend,
years ago we called the Police> then Soilders> now Airforce.... who would save us next?
Space force

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:46am On Apr 24, 2021
NafeesaAA:

Operation Tura Bango never lost its Momentum. The problem with this operation is that it is holding in JAS areas of which I complained about.

The Military should be operating in ISWAP areas as they are the ones with capabilities to over run Military bases.

Infact since 2018 till date JAS has never overrun any military base. But ISWAP Overran many in 2018 that made the military to switch to Super camps.

Previously Dikwa area was more of JAS operating around until ISWAP pushed JAS out of Dikwa area. Immediately ISWAP pushed JAS out they overran the military base there twice.

I don’t understand why we should leave out the Major threats and go after the lesser threats.

JAS ain’t the real threat, But ISWAP.

Greetings from a deep field location in Borno state cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2021
cutievik:

I have seen this trend,

Armed civilians bro would do the job...!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:03am On Apr 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Operation Tura Bango never lost its Momentum. The problem with this operation is that it is holding in JAS areas of which I complained about.

The Military should be operating in ISWAP areas as they are the ones with capabilities to over run Military bases.

Infact since 2018 till date JAS has never overrun any military base. But ISWAP Overran many in 2018 that made the military to switch to Super camps.

Previously Dikwa area was more of JAS operating around until ISWAP pushed JAS out of Dikwa area. Immediately ISWAP pushed JAS out they overran the military base there twice.

I don’t understand why we should leave out the Major threats and go after the lesser threats.

JAS ain’t the real threat, But ISWAP.

Greetings from a deep field location in Borno state cool
Good morning boss quick question which area is The Timbuktu Triangle+Alagarno forest...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 24, 2021
More than 100 Nigerians have been killed this week alone. shocked shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:12am On Apr 24, 2021
Toju200:
Good morning boss quick question which area is The Timbuktu Triangle+Alagarno forest...

All those sides stretch from Southern Borno to Yobe areas.

The Real Enemies are in Magumeri, Guzamala, Baga, Marte, Monguno and stretch to Gamboru, Kala Balge and Abadam.

It’s well shaaa. Make we Dey look
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
More than 100 Nigerians have been killed this week alone. shocked shocked

Quite Saddening embarassed

Well no elite or their kids were affected. Only when lots of RPGs roll inside the National Assembly we’ll start our fire brigade approach cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2021
Kaduna based Islamic cleric Sheik Ahmad Gumi has urged the Federal Government to yield to his advise and grant amnesty to bandits for them to lay down their arms, Newspremises reports.

Gumi said this while reacting to the killing of three students of Greenfield University, Kaduna by bandits who abducted them from their school.

Speaking to the PUNCH correspondent on Friday, the cleric said the incident had revealed his position that bandits were now at war with the nation.

Gumi who was involved in the process that led to the release of students abducted by bandits in Katsina and Niger states, said he was helpless in the case of Kaduna State because the state government had not shown any readiness to negotiate with the bandits.

Gumi, who is from Kaduna State, said the only way he could intervene as he did in Niger and Katsina states was for El-Rufai to reconsider his stance against negotiation with bandits.

He said, “The situation is becoming dire and I need the government’s support before I can do anything, and I think there is a great misunderstanding and poor reading of the situation on the ground. So, I’m really helpless; I don’t know what actually I can do as of now.”

On the students’ killing, Gumi said, “Honestly speaking, it is very unfortunate. There is an ethnic war going on, and I have been saying it. It is a war but if we don’t want to accept that it is a war, we will continue to suffer.

“You cannot predict the behaviour of people who are like that; this is the unfortunate thing and it is the common man that suffers. The way forward is for the government to listen to us, because those people (bandits) are ready to listen to us. If the government will cooperate and listen to us, I think there will be peace but we are finding it difficult to get the government’s attention.”

Likening the situation to the Iran-Iraq war, Gumi added, “We are in a war situation. As we are talking now, they (military) are dropping bombs on them (bandits). You cannot protect your children and you are dropping bombs on the enemies!

“You remember the Iran-Iraq war when they were bombing Baghdad and Tehran and they didn’t care about the civilians. When young girls (and boys) are killed like that, you should know that it is not just criminality, it is beyond criminality, it is a war.”

“There is a lot we can offer but we need the government to cooperate,” Gumi added.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/kaduna-abductions-banditry-now-war-situation-govt-should-cooperate-gumi/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.