Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3015423 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 28, 2021
Odunayaw:
grin As someone who has stayed in Niger state for the past 4 years, I just can't believe this governor. Person wey be governor of Niger but lives in Abuja and uses helo to come in once a week and run away too?

shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2021
I find out that anytime the military hit a block most of us here come out to criticize without finding out what the real issue is, what actually happened and always get swayed by hearsay from different sources which you cant confirm except the government release a statement about it.
Fighting a war has it up and down, different country military all have setbacks and mind you they also have their base overrun, lost equipment and also dropped artillery shell and air bomb on their own troop(by mistake).

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 10:03am On Apr 28, 2021
NafeesaAA:
I watched a video where the locals were hailing and clapping for Gunmen as they raided Area Command of the Police in Ehime Mbano,Imo State & killed scores of Policemen. Many are enjoying what is happening over there.
these recent happenings in owerri has opened my eye on what guerrilla warfare looks like.

The locals are majorly sympathisers.

The war is unending

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:07am On Apr 28, 2021
Odunayaw:
We become magnet for global jihad then. If we can't handle these local beasts, we sure as hell have a fight on our hands when the US shows up. And when push comes to shove, the Congress will start bawling and the US will cut and run.

Our dead body don get one wahala...make e no double abeg
Well that's another angle sha, but the truth is that we already witnessing support from foreign Jihadists via ISWAP. I'm particular about the military assets and Intels the US will be coming with and I don't expect them to send occupational troops, maybe a contingent of core military professionals in areas we are lacking to assist.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2021
NafeesaAA:
I watched a video where the locals were hailing and clapping for Gunmen as they raided Area Command of the Police in Ehime Mbano,Imo State & killed scores of Policemen. Many are enjoying what is happening over there.

My grandparents did same when Nigerian soldiers entered a village in the East where they where in refuge during the last days of the Nigeria civil war. The effective Biafra propaganda machine had long since convinced everyone in the East of the dire consequences of Nigeria soldiers’ occupancy of Igbo towns and villages. Naturally as Nigerian troops rolled in, my grandmum and all the villagers considered themselves finished and yet they cheered and waved raffia, wrappers, even small children, anything they could, they waved in celebration. They did this in terror, to placate the soldiers and to give the impression that they are on the side of forces occupying the area. You’ll find this behaivoyur in all conflict zone, it is a universal response.

15 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hoverbird: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2021
iboboyswag:

As much as the happenings in the South East are regrettable, pinning the blame on the military is not only malicious but also suspect.

What do you say of the idiots who have chosen to set there own house on fire?

War and strife is sweet in Commando movies until starvation and unrest hits. Or do you think it is the military that would suffer?

As much as I support the agitation of Biafra, but my brother, not in the manner MNK has preached it (in fact to me he does not represent the soul of the great movement). And again, what is to say are the gains of Biafra that cannot be the gains of the South East in the current construct?

I have written a lot about this on my old Facebook account since the days of Soludo as CBN Governor and what we have obtainable then still is today. As a bloc, we the South Eastern have refused to ask the right question, subscribing rather to blame game, herd mentality and outright blackmail.
When one give a contrary perspective to government position automatically one is seen as a sympathiser of Kanu or IPOB. I have always condemned his utterances, neither have I supported his quest for Biafra am not even from the South east. What IPOB is today is because of the highhandedness of PMB and the military in the first place before they took up arms they were shot point blank, this same army used acids on many of them just for waving flags, we warned that this will only harden them, we should learn to offer political solutions rather than the military options to certain issues. Now they've taken up arms if you ask them they will say the army kills them without holding any arms that it is better for them to die fighting with weapons as they have nothing to lose. We are now stuck in a bubble, same way Bokoharam started and we refused to learn.

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2021
Litmus:

My grandparents did same when Nigerian soldiers entered a village in the East where they where in refuge during the last days of the Nigeria civil war. The effective Biafra propaganda machine had long since convinced everyone in the East of the dire consequences of Nigeria soldiers’ occupancy of Igbo towns and villages. Naturally as Nigerian troops rolled in, my grandmum and all the villagers considered themselves finished and yet they cheered and waved raffia, wrappers, even small children, anything they could, they waved in celebration. They did this in terror, to placate the soldiers and to give the impression that they are on the side of forces occupying the area. You’ll find this behaivoyur in all conflict zone, it is a universal response.
it becomes a universal response when their houses start getting burnt and their children start starving or when they are also visited by the same horror they cheered
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 10:31am On Apr 28, 2021
Truth is.... In terms of assets and the ABILITY to procure them, Nigeria doesn't need the US troops in large numbers on the ground here because we have what it takes to defeat ISWAP (after all na our equipment dem dey use attack us meaning say we get enough).

Comm equipment, protected vehicles etc...we can handle it ourselves.

Like has been suggested earlier, the will to fight,leadership, proper coordination and strategy is where we are lacking. Can the foreigners give us all these? Not 100%! Unless we are going to outsource the war to foreign armies.

Me thinks most of the issues hindering this war can be solved IN-HOUSE without foreign intervention(maybe apart from strategy.we can pick the brains of these armies and use the ideas generated to evolve a better fighting doctrine or tactic).

The steps the military command need to do is first of all have the WILL to truthfully acknowledge that there are problems with the way the war is going(propaganda has its limits), then truthfully identify the problems. Developing a proper doctrine or tactic resulting from the information we get from these first two steps and properly implementing them as well as doing proper and routine MONITORING, EVALUATION AND MODIFICATION of these tactics will really help us (as long as we developed the right tactics in the first place.

There are a lot of truths that need to be said by both the officers and men involved in this fight and behind those truths lie a lot of our solutions.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2021
mekussa:
Truth is.... In terms of assets and the ABILITY to procure them, Nigeria doesn't need the US troops in large numbers on the ground here because we have what it takes to defeat ISWAP (after all na our equipment dem dey use attack us meaning say we get enough).

Comm equipment, protected vehicles etc...we can handle it ourselves.

Like has been suggested earlier, the will to fight,leadership, proper coordination and strategy is where we are lacking. Can the foreigners give us all these? Not 100%! Unless we are going to outsource the war to foreign armies.

Me thinks most of the issues hindering this war can be solved IN-HOUSE without foreign intervention(maybe apart from strategy.we can pick the brains of these armies and use the ideas generated to evolve a better fighting doctrine or tactic).

The steps the military command need to do is first of all have the WILL to truthfully acknowledge that there are problems with the way the war is going(propaganda has its limits), then truthfully identify the problems. Developing a proper doctrine or tactic resulting from the information we get from these first two steps and properly implementing them as well as doing proper and routine MONITORING, EVALUATION AND MODIFICATION of these tactics will really help us (as long as we developed the right tactics in the first place.

There are a lot of truths that need to be said by both the officers and men involved in this fight and behind those truths lie a lot of our solutions.
The truth is that Nigeria needs foriegn troops on ground to assist and build up our army into an effective fighting force. That's the only solution. Anything Nigeria buys will end up with BH sooner or later. BH/ISWAP already has mercenaries training and making them more effective.

We need to be trained on how to fight. We just have people carrying guns.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:20am On Apr 28, 2021
kabe1:
ISWAP has captured newly delivered Nigerian army MRAP.

This is beyond embarrassing.

I feel very, very ashamed!!!

Seems they stole it, kept it quiet, used it for attack at Mainok, caused havoc then sent us pictures of the theft, crazy guys!!
People will think they are still in possession of two MRAPS not knowing it has already been destroyed at Mainok. Lets go back to that thisday report on how Nigeria arm Iswap with incompetence, gifting an MRAP to Iswap the only battlefield advantage you have is crazy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2021
Hoverbird:

When one give a contrary perspective to government position automatically one is seen as a sympathiser of Kanu or IPOB. I have always condemned his utterances, neither have I supported his quest for Biafra am not even from the South east. What IPOB is today is because of the highhandedness of PMB and the military in the first place before they took up arms they were shot point blank, this same army used acids on many of them just for waving flags, we warned that this will only harden them, we should learn to offer political solutions rather than the military options to certain issues. Now they've taken up arms if you ask them they will say the army kills them without holding any arms that it is better for them to die fighting with weapons as they have nothing to lose. We are now stuck in a bubble, same way Bokoharam started and we refused to learn.
Acids?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:33am On Apr 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
A lot of people are dying almost daily in the North West geopolitical region of Nigeria. People are been killed there by bandits and Fulani heardsmen. Most of it are not even reported.

When you go to a country like Benin republic, you will be shock with how peaceful the country is. Even if you want to start searching for news of gunmen killings, you might not get one in weeks.

In Benin republic, once they get hold of this fulani heardsmen, they do kill them immediately. Fulanis and bandits hardly try all this bullshit they try in that country.

Size is the only thing your analysis left out, Benin republic is the size of Kano state alone.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hoverbird: 11:42am On Apr 28, 2021
Odunayaw:
Acids?
I swear to God the Nigerian military used acid to dissolve the corpses of IPOB guys they killed in 2017 what was is more shocking is that some where bathed with acid while still alive. I worked for an NGO that documented all this and we even visited some of the victims at Nkpor, ABA area.
What we are seeing today is largely caused by their actions most of this boys are unemployed and Kanu has presented himself as a Messiah, leadership in the east is absent and nature abhors vacuum. People we met with grievous body injuries inflicted by the military were on their hospital bed still shouting Biafra or death, that was the time I knew we are in a very grave danger of entering into another ideology inflamed insurgency if not properly managed and with what I saw if those guys have something doing, many of them wouldn't have been radicalised to a point of no return.

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:55am On Apr 28, 2021
ugo4u:

In the first place it is the search of a strong man that Nigeria got itself into this level of mess. Suspend the constitution and watch the nation disintegrate. Sri-Lanka it's not as ethnically and religiously diverse as Nigeria, what worked there most likely won't work here. We should come up with a homegrown national defense policy that is peculiar to our clime, build and strengthen our Institution, so that they can function properly, then the 1999 constitution which was hurriedly drafted by a few khaki boys should be revisited and tweaked to reflect our realities, it should be truly a constitution based on "We the people".

The President lacks the political will and to a great extent the competence to address some of the security issues we are facing it has nothing to do with old age, the prime minister of Malaysia is almost 93 and he showing leadership, same for Biden 78 & Nana Akufo 77.

You know the football ages of presidents but you have no clue how your constitution came, typical Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2021
NafeesaAA:
Let's be honest with yourself 98% of people from the South south and south west are not happy with this government

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
jpphilips:

Size is the only thing your analysis left out, Benin republic is the size of Kano state alone.
In terms of landmass and population size, Benin republic is bigger than Kano state. No state in Nigeria is as big as Benin republic.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
Whether africom relocate to nigeria or not nothing will change.
After all the same us army has not the mess it has in afghanistan, iraq ,libya etc

Reinvite Executive orders to com finish the work they started in 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2021
Hoverbird:

I swear to God the Nigerian military used acid to dissolve the corpses of IPOB guys they killed in 2017 what was is more shocking is that some where bathed with acid while still alive. I worked for an NGO that documented all this and we even visited some of the victims at Nkpor, ABA area.
What we are seeing today is largely caused by their actions most of this boys are unemployed and Kanu has presented himself as a Messiah, leadership in the east is absent and nature abhors vacuum. People we met with grievous body injuries inflicted by the military were on their hospital bed still shouting Biafra or death, that was the time I knew we are in a very grave danger of entering into another ideology inflamed insurgency if not properly managed and with what I saw if those guys have something doing, many of them wouldn't have been radicalised to a point of no return.
I sabi a youth corper that studied medicine, he served in NDA in Kaduna. While he was serving 3 years ago, on May 30(during his service year), he had the Biafran flag on his profile pic, and this guy was doing his NYSC back then o, and was even serving in NDA grin

I've seen unarmed IPOB members facing armed police men and soldiers without any fear. Most of them have been so brainwashed eh.

I will blame GMB, the military, policemen and some politicians from the South East for this madness happening in the south east.

I used my eyes see a family man, wey go pack all him children inside him room, dey make dem dey listen to Radio Biafra.

Nigerian police men and the military killed a lot of unarmed IPOB members unless person wan lie to himself. IPOB members were holding meeting peacefully in a school in the south east, Nigerian soldiers went there and started killing people. Non IPOB members even died on that day.

When the Nigerian army go on a killing spree, they do pack the deaths along when going back to their barracks.

I just wish IPOB members will do this through a peaceful and democratic way by forming their own political party too.

The Nigerian army is a very brutal and unprofessional organization with no concern for human right.

After Giwa barracks was attack by Boko Haram in 2014 or 2015, soldiers were killed and prisoners freed during the attack. The Nigerian army massacred the rest of the prisoners that were not freed or couldn't escape. More than 500 prisoners were massacred by this unprofessional organization.

Nah this kin yeye organization person go com tell us wan take over power... Ko jo ra ra. This country will totally burn be that.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2021
Niger State youth leader has said that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), must do something, to stop the insecurity going on in the State.

https://punchng.com/video-insecurity-buhari-must-do-something-or-else-we-will-take-the-law-into-our-hands-niger-youth-leader/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D5eEbaLVxw

Is your right to defend yourself. With the right connection the Niger state government can import assault rifles and arm youths in different communities.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Niger State youth leader has said that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), must do something, to stop the insecurity going on in the State.

https://punchng.com/video-insecurity-buhari-must-do-something-or-else-we-will-take-the-law-into-our-hands-niger-youth-leader/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D5eEbaLVxw

Is your right to defend yourself. With the right connection the Niger state government can import assault rifles and arm youths in different communities.
Wetin dey funny pass be say, when Fulanis herdsmen dey attack your community, soldiers and policemen no go show up, till this guys are through and they leave the community after killing people, abducting people and burning down properties.

Once the community arm themselves and start facing the fulanis, then soldiers or policemen go com your community say make una drop una weapons... Nah mad things dey happen for this country. The vegetable wants his people to keep on killing us and expect us not to defend ourselves. What a useless Government.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NuraSambo: 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2021
NafeesaAA:
. Many are enjoying what is happening over there.
The same way you were enjoying it when fulani terrorists were killing, kidnapping and raping women all over the South and North Central.

We know your crying started when your fulani cannibal brothers started to eat their kind. We remember the spat we had with you right here on Nairaland, about six years ago when Baba Alakyio, the Eggon leader of the Ombatse militia was reportedly killed by Fulani terrorists in Nasarawa. We remember how you and a certain Nduchuks use to threaten that Fulani will take over all the land in Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Wetin dey funny pass be say, when Fulanis herdsmen dey attack your community, soldiers and policemen no go show up, till this guys are through and they leave the community after killing people, abducting people and burning down properties.

Once the community arm themselves and start facing the fulanis, then soldiers or policemen go com your community say make una drop una weapons... Nah mad things dey happen for this country. The vegetable wants his people to keep on killing us and expect us not to defend ourselves. What a useless Government.
Well, what I see is an ineffective government that is anything but willing to allow anyone do its job. Reason being that anyone who does what they do will likely fight them eventually.

Nigerian army have shown how unprofessional and ineffective they are in handling conflicts. lose battles then handle rioting civilians brutally. This is the result of a weak chain of command as well as indiscipline. In fact what do they have to do with rioting civilians? Well, the police are same.

On the other hand, that IPOB propaganda guy is part of Nigeria's problem. He's thriving on the ineffective government to drive home serious propaganda that will result in more bloodshed and complex wars. Dissolution of Nigeria won't bring peace at all. In fact that would be the beginning of conflicts.

Nigeria's problem has really gotten very bad and complex. Everyone is blaming another person and tribalism is at its highest ever. The pioneer step IMO now should be state security.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2021
Hoverbird:

Acids? Just imagine how condescending humans can be.

Nigeria's problem is gravely complex.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2021
ugo4u:
I'm not one of those that just throw big words to massage our ego that Nigeria is the giant of Africa, a giant that can't influence what happens in neighbouring countries. That being said, if Buhari is begging AFRICOM to move it's HQ to Nigeria I don't see anything bad it in, we stand alot to gain ranging from military infrastructures including hardwares/softwares, shared intelligence, training, joint ops etc the advantages supercedes the disadvantages, but the reality is that the US don't give a toss about Nigeria and Africa in general. What we see as a kind of interventions in some countries including our neighbors by the US is strictly a proxy game with China, the US are worried about the growing influence of the Chinese in the continent. It will be far easier to get the Chinese military to offer support than the US, why we're not even exploring that option is what I don't still understand. If I'm at the helms of affairs I'll seek for all the help I can get, I won't mind inviting the Chinese to come establish a world class military drone base fully funded by them in the northeast similar to what the US built in Djibouti from where they can jointly operate 24/7 with our security agencies, while also building a defence industry.
As for the DSS their problem lies in the ACT that established them as a department of the presidency, they were created I think by IBB solely primarily for regime protection that's why they're more interested in who insults the president or members of the ruling class than state protection, again this is one of the reasons we have to bin the 1999 constitution and come up with a workable document.

AFRICOM in your country does not guarantee any of the things you mentioned.
You don't expect US to fight your war, we will just dash them expansive land for their proxy clandestine activities, fill our skies with constant howling of aircrafts, ports we don't even have enough occupied with Submarines, Frigates & Destroyers.
Did Buhari visit the AFRICOM HQ in Stuttgart to see the size of Assets he is requesting for?

The AFRICOM we need in this war is already here, the US drone base in Agadez Niger.
Two things are lacking in this war; Intelligence & base protection, AFRICOM will not guarantee any of those but Agadez will solve intelligence problem.

Agadez has been supporting French led OPS Barkhane with intelligence successful enough to track & kill the AQIM leader Abdul Malek Droukdel.
We need that intelligence & that is what Buhari should be asking for.

Every year, NAF flies thousands of sorties yet the enemy grows stronger what does that tell you?
Our interdictions are not strategic, you need intelligence to correct that.

The last thing Buhari needs to do is for the 4 MNJTF partners to create a base protection strategy, while the super camp strategy has worked fairly well, it didn't stop ISWAP from stealing APC'S from Niger to bring down one of our super camps recently, whether we like it or not the 4 MNJTF partners are ISWAP's amoury, what ISWAP stole from Mainok will be used to attack other super camps & beyond.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2021
Faithful007:
The Chinese military are more interested in power projection than Terrorism control. As for China controlling Nigeria, they're still a long way to go. The US still controls most of our fossil fuel industry.

Why do you say the US doesn't give a damn about Nigeria? You know they our biggest economic partner right? Which other country gives foreign aid as much as the US to Nigeria?

Nigeria is not a strategic economic partner to the US because they give us loans alone, China gives us loans too.
Nigeria & her OPEC allies crude oil output could determine global prices like the US presently does.

If oil goes UP, US & China spend more that weakens the greenback & vice versa, that's the strategic economic partnership they always talk about.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
Odunayaw:
The lack of cohesion and fighting skills of the regular infantry doesn't in anyway dismiss the fact NA has comms issues.

Furthermore, what do you mean "SF are actually not SF". What " normal army unit" takes the fight in small numbers against a superior numbered enemy, does recon etc etc?

You mean to tell me what we call SF take the war to the enemy in small numbers? And doing that makes them SF? Lol. Give me an idea of your "small numbers please",I might understand you better. Oga we don't have any comms problems cos I've seen many on vids/pix go out on operations with comms. The Mainok issue that people were talking about lack of comms, how were they able to request for additional forces? How did they request for NAF CAS, and how did they know the requested additional forces were on the way coming, how did they know there was blue on blue and they had to withdraw. Did they use smoke/drum signal or sent the fastest one's amongst them?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
jpphilips:

Nigeria is not a strategic economic partner to the US because they give us loans alone, China gives us loans too.
Nigeria & her OPEC allies crude oil output could determine global prices like the US presently does.

If oil goes UP, US & China spend more that weakens the greenback & vice versa, that's the strategic economic partnership they always talk about.
I didn't say it's because of loans. I'm saying that most of Nigeria's gas is exported to the US. I ain't even thinking about oil, most of our oil is India I think. I didn't really understand your second paragraph.

Concerning your earlier post, Buhari isn't asking for Fort Bragg or JBA. Africom though having the capacity for about 10000 troops usually has no more than 1200 people on base. It's mostly for recon BTW.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2021
NafeesaAA:

The people hailing them are their fellow cultists and touts. Many Ndigbo are against it.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2021
Faithful007:
Acids? Just imagine how condescending humans can be.

Nigeria's problem is gravely complex.
The human mind has the capacity to wreck unimaginable evil. Saro Wiwas body was dissolved with acid after he was executed and mind you Abacha was his very good friend before they fell apart.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
Hoverbird:

My God! This is so well put.

This foolish government birthed a monster.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
Geronimoe:

You mean to tell me what we call SF take the war to the enemy in small numbers? And doing that makes them SF? Lol. Give me an idea of your "small numbers please",I might understand you better. Oga we don't have any comms problems cos I've seen many on vids/pix go out on operations with comms. The Mainok issue that people were talking about lack of comms, how were they able to request for additional forces? How did they request for NAF CAS, and how did they know the requested additional forces were on the way coming, how did they know there was blue on blue and they had to withdraw. Did they use smoke/drum signal or sent the fastest one's amongst them?
Do you understand what SF or special ops is or you have only pictures of Hollywood and Gucci gear in your mind. Because if you did you would understand the number part.

All you just talked about is Comms availability which in itself there is clear shortage of. It's visible to all.
Now, when I talk comms I'm talking about its activities, equipment, techniques, and tactics. Efficiency and security in relaying information up and down the chain of command.

If you think NA has no problem in this regard I must leave you to amuse yourself

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
ugo4u:

The human mind has the capacity to wreck unimaginable evil. Saro Wiwas body was dissolved with acid after he was executed and mind you Abacha was his very good friend before they fell apart.
The funny thing is that most of those who participated in the killings are likely Igbo as well. Contrary to popular opinion that they are northerners. The problem is not tribe, rather the Nigerian system.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.