Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,168 members, 7,864,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3077326 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:08am On May 07, 2021
Whyem15:

They will make mistakes, in fact they are already making mistakes. Seeking recruits from amongst criminals can end in several dangerous ways. It is only a matter of time.

The Biggest mistakes ESN is making is recruiting 90% of their members from Cultists, Armed Robbers and Kidnappers in the Southeast.

They are enjoying the ride for now until the Chicken will come home to roost.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:10am On May 07, 2021
Joint security operatives on Thursday night killed no fewer than eight hoodlums after they resisted an attack on Orlu Divisional Police Headquarters in Imo state from unknown gunmen.

Also, the joint security operatives recovered seven vehicles the attackers came in for the operation.

Our correspondent gathered that the gun battle between the gunmen and the security operatives lasted several hours, as the military sent reinforcement from the 34 artillery brigade, Obinze, in Owerri.

The gun duel created an atmosphere of panic, as people scampered for safety, as the Roads in Orlu town and its environs were deserted.

A resident of the area who preferred not to be mentioned told our correspondent that “we slept with our hearts in our hands last night”.

He said an Amoured Personnel Carrier was allegedly set ablaze at Umuna junction in Orlu town.

The Police Spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, could not be reached but a senior police officer confirmed the development to our correspondent.

The senior police officer told The PUNCH that the corpses of the hoodlums and their vehicles had been brought to the state police command headquarters in Owerri.

He disclosed that the police divisional headquarters was not razed neither did any security officer killed in the attack.

https://punchng.com/breaking-cops-repel-attack-on-imo-police-station-kill-eight-hoodlums/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1620365493

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:13am On May 07, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The Biggest mistakes ESN is making is recruiting 90% of their members from Cultists, Armed Robbers and Kidnappers in the Southeast.

Good morning boss.... Hope you are enjoying your stay in maiduguri? What's the situation of things over there. It has been quiet for a while. Another weekend coming Sha.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 8:52am On May 07, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Bros...same thing the military is doing also..if not what would make a trained soldier to commit brigandage like what we saw in odi, obigbo, and of late in benue state?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:20am On May 07, 2021
https://twitter.com/eonsintelligenc/status/1390609220245102594?s=19

They are already making mistakes. Very soon, people will start hinting security operatives of their movements and other intels.

Meanwhile Damboa was attacked yesterday and the troops in the base were dislodged. The terrorists are attacking poorly defended bases but they might be preparing to attack supercamps.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chidexter(m): 12:06pm On May 07, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

That is less cultist, armed robbers and kidnappers to think about
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 07, 2021
I'm of the opinion that the security architecture need to be rejig.

Immigration and customs should form a formidable garrison across borders.

NSCDC should focus mainly on security of schools, and other government infrastructures like hospitals, higher institutions, primary school, government offices, motor parks, railway stations and they should be armed of course, not just wear oversized uniform with fat legs.

FRSC should be trained and armed to form security on all highways 24/7, while all police check points should be removed.

Police should focus on community policing and be stationed in all communities effectively with support from Vigilante groups, communities are lacking security and that's why bandits are doing anyhow. That's traffic control unit of police has no business under police force, they should be under FRSC, while officers under traffic control unit of police should be redrafted to other units where they're needed.

VIO can combine the present duty of FRSC.

So military should not be having divided attention at this time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:37pm On May 07, 2021
https://twitter.com/eonsintelligenc/status/1390579499591475202?s=20

Nigerian Troops rescuing kidnapped persons at an unknown location

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:44pm On May 07, 2021
Whyem15:
https://twitter.com/eonsintelligenc/status/1390609220245102594?s=19

They are already making mistakes. Very soon, people will start hinting security operatives of their movements and other intels.

Meanwhile Damboa was attacked yesterday and the troops in the base were dislodged. The terrorists are attacking poorly defended bases but they might be preparing to attack supercamps.

Are you sure Damboa main town ? My friends there are still uploading TGIF.

Brb let me confirm
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2021
Whyem15:

Good morning boss.... Hope you are enjoying your stay in maiduguri? What's the situation of things over there. It has been quiet for a while. Another weekend coming Sha.

All cool in Maiduguri. Tho I have not heard of any attack aside Ajiri for a week now.

Maiduguri is calm
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:49pm On May 07, 2021
Kaeboy:

NSCDC should focus mainly on security of schools, and other government infrastructures like hospitals, higher institutions, primary school, government offices, motor parks, railway stations and they should be armed of course, not just wear oversized uniform with fat legs.

FRSC should be trained and armed to form security on all highways 24/7, while all police check points should be removed.

Police should focus on community policing and be stationed in all communities effectively with support from Vigilante groups, communities are lacking security and that's why bandits are doing anyhow. That's traffic control unit of police has no business under police force, they should be under FRSC, while officers under traffic control unit of police should be redrafted to other units where they're needed.

This is just treating the symptoms, the illness will just manifest in other forms. The problem lies in governance at all levels. There are huge swathes of lands in Nigeria without any government presence, these are the loopholes non-state actors and criminals are using.
Carve out more states from all these big for nothing states, follow the recommendations of UN on numbers and deployment of reformed law enforcement officers, rejig the judiciary to increase efficiency, build more social infrastructures for people in the rural areas, tackle the flawed wealth distribution and see how things will change.

And reforms in other sectors too.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:30pm On May 07, 2021
Humvee? cool

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Blueelf: 4:32pm On May 07, 2021
Kaeboy:

FRSC should be armed

Baba are you listening to yourself?

Do you want another round of SARS-like extra judicial killings?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 07, 2021
Blueelf:

FRSC should be armed

SARS are not misbehaving because they have gun but because they lack professionalism and there superiors and authority is not willing to checkmate there excesses. NDLEA has gun but you hardly hear of there misconduct.

I only suggested they should be armed if they are going to leave security of the highway 24/7 to them as I suggested. If they're just doing what they're doing now, they don't need gun for anything.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:42pm On May 07, 2021
That's Nigerian made i believe. Humvee look nothing like that lol. google it

SamuelAnyawu:
Humvee? cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:43pm On May 07, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Humvee? cool
It is either the Chinese copy or IVM.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 4:48pm On May 07, 2021
Kaeboy:

SARS are not misbehaving because they have gun but because they lack professionalism and there superiors and authority is not willing to checkmate there excesses. NDLEA has gun but you hardly hear of there misconduct.

I only suggested they should be armed if they are going to leave security of the highway 24/7 to them as I suggested. If they're just doing what they're doing now, they don't need gun for anything.

I think the best thing to secure the highway is to carve out about 20,000 policemen, train them for 3 months, set up 100 bases along the highway such that each base takes care of 400km stretch of the highway and Equip each base with UAVs if possible which can respond to kidnap attack and track the kidnappers and kidnappes to their hideout before the ground forces gets there

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 07, 2021
youghs:

I think the best thing to secure the highway is to carve out about 20,000 policemen, train them for 3 months, set up 100 bases along the highway such that each base takes care of 400km stretch of the highway and Equip each base with UAVs if possible which can respond to kidnap attack and track the kidnappers and kidnappes to their hideout before the ground forces gets there
This approach is sensible and nice but police is not even enough yet to cover present communities talk more of carving out 20,000 men. In my area, you will call police and they will tell you they went to another area to respond to robbery. They will say they are not enough to be everywhere at thesame time, which is true. Nigeria is seriously under-policed, out of this under-policing some are still wasting away doing traffic warden.
Vigilante groups are the one covering the lapses. Meanwhile plenty men lies in FRSC that are checking brake light and car wiper all over the nation when VIO can just combine that with there duty, while this men in FRSC do real security duty on the highway.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 5:14pm On May 07, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I agree with you on the part you talk about working on our Constitution. A lot of power needs to be giving to the states. The state should pay maybe 10-20% of their revenue to the FG, while the state keeps about 90-80%.

That is why Nigeria isn't working, we are talking about insecurity you are discussing sharing formular, what has it got to do with security?
Will states raise Angels for protection or is there any law stopping them from raising those Angels today?
Nigerians are paying the price of nepotism & corruption, these two monsters breed inefficiencies in all facets of life, if you like give the federation account to states, if you like break Nigeria into 20 fragments, so long as a component will retain that monster called Nigerian factor, it must remain inefficient.

I have never seen a country with so many ignorant people, no sense of decency, no sense of patriotism, soaked in Bigotry & self hate yet make progress, there is nothing wrong with Nigeria as a country, everything is wrong with the Nigerian people.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 5:24pm On May 07, 2021
Toju200:
https://twitter.com/eonsintelligenc/status/1390579499591475202?s=20

Nigerian Troops rescuing kidnapped persons at an unknown location

The one wey make me laff nah when dat vigilante guy shoot him shaka bulla gun... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 07, 2021
When some sets of !diots just open their mouth, and speak like the fools dey are, e dey always shock me shocked

Can patriotism be forced on a person undecided

Goat meat of 2k wey dey last me reach 1 week before, no dey last 4 days again. Power supply no get head or tail. For more than one month, I hardly use power supply for up to 5mins for each day, yet nobody sent me a message or gave me an explanation why power supplies is so terrible.

During Covid-19 lockdown, I no receive a single palliative from the Government, or even #1 from them, but dem talk say make we sit down for house undecided

The main job I was doing before makes me travel a lot from Lagos to other states in the country. Europeans wey get the job don close down temporarily and leave Nigeria because of this useless security situation, yet this nonsense person dey tell me about patriotism... E b like say you wan cry over your useless family you this p!g angry

Even Kennedy talk say the "USA don provide a lot of things for Americans, so make dem no think of Wetin dem country go do for them, but Wetin dem fit do for dem country".

I will never lament or wail about anybody that is a patriotic Nigerian, but abeg, leave me for my own lane as I no dey patriotic. The thing I don enjoy from the Nigerian government no reach 10% of Wetin the Nigerian government don take from me.

See the kin Orishi rishi nonsense, wey LASG dey do for Lagos state government. Someone was working for Alpha beta, sue alpha beta, Tinubu etc to the court, for more than 1 year, the case never get head or tail.

Serious ojukoro ju stealing. Even Tinubu himself once said he does not believe in the unity of Nigeria.

If me sef don dey loot Government money like Tinubu, then I will start been a patriotic Nigerian.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2021
Whyem15:

This is just treating the symptoms, the illness will just manifest in other forms. The problem lies in governance at all levels. There are huge swathes of lands in Nigeria without any government presence, these are the loopholes non-state actors and criminals are using.
Carve out more states from all these big for nothing states, follow the recommendations of UN on numbers and deployment of reformed law enforcement officers, rejig the judiciary to increase efficiency, build more social infrastructures for people in the rural areas, tackle the flawed wealth distribution and see how things will change.

And reforms in other sectors too.

Stop complaining, you are paying the price of corruption, police recruited officers for every inch of our swathe of land, along the line, the state commands preffered to use them for "Special duties" raking in millions, Special duty in a big man's house to a company producing bottle water, none for those areas anymore, terrorists saw a vaccum & took over, how is it a Nigerian problem, its the corruption of Nigerians that landed us here.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:21pm On May 07, 2021
youghs:

In which country? one commander will take their operation vehicle home, embezzle operations funds, even petrol to charge the drone will be a problem, Nigerians deserve the Nigeria they created.
Lets enjoy it!!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 6:45pm On May 07, 2021
Sizzorkay:
That's Nigerian made i believe. Humvee look nothing like that lol. google it

That one is ktlv from Korea... I think South Korea., Kia motors...

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 6:59pm On May 07, 2021
So many different assets in small batches of 10, 20 or 50, I pity whomever heads up Logistics in the Nigerian military. sad sad sad

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iboboyswag(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2021
Lurker4Long:
So many different assets in small batches of 10, 20 or 50, I pity whomever heads up Logistics in the Nigerian military. sad sad sad

I swear... You just smell that it was corruption that lead to the purchases from different vendors.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by avidleo: 7:48pm On May 07, 2021
Korean military vehicle we got some time ago.

SamuelAnyawu:
Humvee? cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 8:35pm On May 07, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
When some sets of !diots just open their mouth, and speak like the fools dey are, e dey always shock me shocked

Can patriotism be forced on a person undecided

Goat meat of 2k wey dey last me reach 1 week before, no dey last 4 days again. Power supply no get head or tail. For more than one month, I hardly use power supply for up to 5mins for each day, yet nobody sent me a message or gave me an explanation why power supplies is so terrible.

During Covid-19 lockdown, I no receive a single palliative from the Government, or even #1 from them, but dem talk say make we sit down for house undecided

The main job I was doing before makes me travel a lot from Lagos to other states in the country. Europeans wey get the job don close down temporarily and leave Nigeria because of this useless security situation, yet this nonsense person dey tell me about patriotism... E b like say you wan cry over your useless family you this p!g angry

Even Kennedy talk say the "USA don provide a lot of things for Americans, so make dem no think of Wetin dem country go do for them, but Wetin dem fit do for dem country".

I will never lament or wail about anybody that is a patriotic Nigerian, but abeg, leave me for my own lane as I no dey patriotic. The thing I don enjoy from the Nigerian government no reach 10% of Wetin the Nigerian government don take from me.

See the kin Orishi rishi nonsense, wey LASG dey do for Lagos state government. Someone was working for Alpha beta, sue alpha beta, Tinubu etc to the court, for more than 1 year, the case never get head or tail.

Serious ojukoro ju stealing. Even Tinubu himself once said he does not believe in the unity of Nigeria.

If me sef don dey loot Government money like Tinubu, then I will start been a patriotic Nigerian.
tinubu was 12 yrs old when he made that comment(sic)
lets forgive him

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 8:42pm On May 07, 2021
BREAKING: #BokoHaram JAS ongoing attack in Dille, Askira/Uba LGA of Borno State. https:///7dqkKvSLBL
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 8:43pm On May 07, 2021
BREAKING: #BokoHaram JAS ongoing attack in Dille, Askira/Uba LGA of Borno State. https:///7dqkKvSLBL
Someone said repelled.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 9:29pm On May 07, 2021
Blueelf:

FRSC should be armed

I hope you know some of them carry assault rifle...AK 47? There is a picture of one on this platform so not out of point in its entirety...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.