Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,871 members, 7,851,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:45 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3065577 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
oga who told you is a field commander ? that man killed is a very popular iswap commander oo.

Which intel do you have on Abatcha before his death?
He is not even on the 1st 100 NA Iswap most wanted list, so who promoted him above over 100 commanders?
It's normal for field commanders to gain popularity amongst small groups of cladestine fighters, Abatcha is too low in the food chain, don't be deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:09pm On May 04, 2021
Xbee007:

I'm still not convinced these names are not totally made up.

They are real people just that NA over state their relevance in death, Iswap won't even replace him. NA has a list of top commanders & most wanted, you can cross reference the names, it checks out.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

Those rifles the NA i equipped with are Bulgarian AK47s

The OBJ006 has attached bayonets that folds backwards. That's a Type 56 copy right there. Unless you're referring to the AK-47s with fold-stocks, then yes those are Bulgarian.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2021
jpphilips:

They are real people just that NA over state their relevance in death, Iswap won't even replace him. NA has a list of top commanders & most wanted, you can cross reference the names, it checks out.

The issue is not even with NA, rather with the first series of Twitter accounts that first mention the names before NA add it to their press release.

NA gets most of these obscure names from self acclaimed terrorism experts on Twitter. These people have also consistently planted fake news that bring ridicule to Nigerian Military.

I don't trust them at all.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 3:37pm On May 04, 2021
ocelot2006:

The last pic with the Major in a vest is a clear example of what's wrong with Nigeria. Billions have been released in the name of purchasing equipment, yet the Officer has not simple holster to tuck his service pistol in. I'm no fan of Senator Ndume, but he was absolutely right about one thing: our poorer neighbours have far better kit for the soldiers and security personnel. Our politicians claim to love our troops, but I see no reason why in the 21st century our basic infantry man is still armed by the OBJ006, a Nigerian copy of the Chinese Type 56, one of the 5 WORST copies of the AK47, according to Kalashnikov THEMSELVES! Even if we adopted the design, why still use wooden furniture when there are better composite materials. Plus no optics, nothing.

Abeg I'm tired.
Military grade Type 56s are actually good. The civilian variants are the ones Vladimir Onokoy said are some of the worst.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:39pm On May 04, 2021
Xbee007:

The issue is not even with NA, rather with the first series of Twitter accounts that first mention the names before NA add it to their press release.

NA gets most of these obscure names from self acclaimed terrorism experts on Twitter. These people have also consistently planted fake news that bring ridicule to Nigerian Military.

Most of the self proclaimed Terrorism experts peddle fake news to gain followers.

Yesterday I saw a popular handle posting how Shekau replaced a commander in Lake Chad. The guy don’t even know JAS and ISWAP areas.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Most of the self proclaimed Terrorism experts peddle fake news to gain followers.

Yesterday I saw a popular handle posting how Shekau replaced a commander in Lake Chad. The guy don’t even know JAS and ISWAP areas.
Absolutely, that is what they do; make up stories, exaggerate stories beyond proportion and peddle fake news. It is either Nigeria Army pays them to help launder their image or they are terror sympathisers making fools of Nigerians.

My immediate thoughts when I saw that Twitter post was, will ISWAP allow JAS to have access to an inch of Lake Chad let alone appoint a commander?

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2021
Xbee007:

Some of them have credible insider sources, while most of them are useless rumor mongers.
ISWAP clad commanders differently from other fighters, once NA scores, they cross reference with their list, interview captured fighters for identification, that is the beauty of ops safe corridor, those turn coat fighters provide intelligence such as this for the NA
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 04, 2021
Nigeria may experience blackout as bandits threaten takeover of Shiroro hydropower station!

Bandits operating in over 50 communities in Niger State, may take over the control of Shiroro Power station, located in Shiroro Local Government Area of the North Central State, lawmakers have warned.

The Minority Caucus of the National Assembly, led by the Senate Minority Leader, Enyinnaya Abaribe, disclosed this yesterday in Abuja, when they visited Senator Clifford Ordia representing Edo Central Senatorial District.

Ordia was attacked twice by suspected bandits last week while returning to Abuja from Edo State. The two attacks reportedly happend in Kogi State and Abaji area of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

The Minority Caucus, while lamenting the security situation in the country, revealed that bandits were at the verge of taking control of Shiroro Power station and may shutdown or blow up the facility.

The Shiroro Power station is a hydroelectric power plant on the Kaduna River in Niger State. It has a power generating capacity of 600 megawatts (800,000 hp) enough to power over 404,000 homes.

It contributes a significant megawatts to the national grid and supplies power to many states in North Central and North Western parts of the country. “The security situation is now very bad. Bandits may take over Shiroro Power Station. They may take over and blow up the place if the government doesn’t do the needful. That’s more trouble for us. It has never been this bad,” Abaribe said during the visit. Only a fortnight ago, Governor Abubakar Bello of Niger State, warned that Boko Haram had already infiltrated the state and had not only hoisted their flags in captured villages, including Kaure Village in the Shiroro Local Government of the state, but had also forcefully allocated displaced women to themselves as wives.

The Governor had warned that Sambisa was several kilometers from Abuja, but Kaure was just two kilometers from Abuja, insisting that nobody is safe anymore not even residents of the nation’s capital.

Speaking on the security situation in Nigeria, Abaribe said: “It happens. It happened to me in the East and my policeman was killed. These bandits are sophisticated. Abuja to Lokoja is a death trap. If it were to be in another country, they would have set a trap for these bandits. But we are different in Nigeria.

“Its unfortunate that APC came into power. If APC had not come in, Jonathan’s Government would have handled the insecurity problem. Nigeria is in too much trouble. We have to do everything to salvage the situation. We need to meet as a minority and decide on how to handle certain issues like Electoral Amendment Bill.

“We don’t want to fall into any trap. Let’s learn lessons from it. It’s obvious that traveling by road is now dangerous. No matter what you do, you must use the road. We need to continue to shout. If we stop, the rest of the country will feel despondent.”

Ordia while speaking on his ordeal, said something urgent needs to be done to salvage the situation and confront non-state actors threatening the peace of Nigeria.

When Daily Sun spoke with the Special Assistant, Media, to the Minister of Power, Mr Aaron Artimas, he said that the story was false because the minister has not shared it with him and he had not read it on all his platforms.

“Well, I am hearing this from you. I did not see it on my platforms today. Well, I don’t think it is true. Nobody has told me and the minister has not shared anything like that with me. I will find out and get back to you” he promised.

https://www.energymixreport.com/nigeria-may-experience-blackout-as-bandits-threaten-takeover-of-shiroro-hydropower-station/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 04, 2021
The security situation in Nigeria is so terrible.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:56pm On May 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Thank you for reminding us

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 04, 2021
Odunayaw:
Thank you for reminding us
You're welcome.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Blueelf: 8:46pm On May 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

I thought you were jumping for joy when South eastern terrorists were killing security agents? So, is your statement an assertion or a bitter complaint?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 04, 2021
Blueelf:

I thought you were jumping for joy when South eastern terrorists were killing security agents? So, is your statement an assertion or a bitter complaint?

Show me where I was jumping for joy.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2021
fufubear:

Military grade Type 56s are actually good. The civilian variants are the ones Vladimir Onokoy said are some of the worst.

He was referring to the Type 56 as a whole. As for the OBJ006, a soldier friend I know complained bitterly about the rifle, claiming that the barrel tends to buckle/bend when it overheats in firefights with Boko Haram. Now I'm no soldier and I can't very this claim, but I have no reason to doubt his complaints, and if true it places our troops in unnecessary danger.

In all, I think a lot needs to be done. In the present age we're in, we should phase out some firearms, or better still improve of them. The nation needs to do better for our troops

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 05, 2021
Boko Haram Kidnapped Greenfield University Students, Not Bandits — Sheikh Gumi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C2YD4Mq8qc

Controversial Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has stated that Boko Haram terrorists are the ones behind the abduction of students of Greenfield University, Kaduna.

Twenty-two students and a member of staff of the institution were abducted from the school campus along the Kaduna-Abuja highway on April 20 and within a week, five of them were killed.

In a recent interview with the Hausa Service of Voice of America (VOA), a leader of the bandit group who identified himself as Sani Idris Jalingo, threatened that if the Kaduna State Government or their families failed to pay a ransom of N100 million as well as provide them with 10 brand Honda motorcycles by Tuesday, the remaining students would be killed.

Gumi, in an interview with AIT on Tuesday, said Boko Haram members were behind the abduction.

When asked by the presenter if he indeed mentioned that Boko Haram was behind the abduction, Sheik Gumi said, ''Yes, really. When we tried to trace them and put some sense into them, the contact who is also a nomadic Fulani, they threatened him. They said if he insists on them they were going to catch him and he will have to pay a ransom before he gets out.

“And the leader is from Jalingo. He is from Adamawa. He is not the local Fulani we have here. So this means that the Northeastern element is coming into this area and we have to move fast. We don't have that luxury of time.

“I have been trying to speak with the government but nobody is really trying to listen to me or speak with me on this issue. We are trying to pacify and remove this banditry and they are responding.''

In his reaction to the stance of the Kaduna state government against negotiating with bandits, Sheikh Gumi said, ''Five souls were killed. Why? What amount of money is too big for us to save the lives of those five students, what amount of money? Secondly, we can give them the money to get the boys out of danger then go after our money. Nobody is saying you shouldn't find them, you can get the two back.

“To say you will not negotiate with them and also not take action against them, I cannot understand that.''

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/04/boko-haram-kidnapped-greenfield-university-students-not-bandits-%E2%80%94-sheikh-gumi.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 05, 2021
The Army got N1,008.84 trillion as budget releases between January 2019 and this year’s first quarter, Finance, Budget and National Planning Minister Hajiya Zainab Ahmed told the Senate on Tuesday.

Mrs. Ahmed made the revelation when she appeared before the Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume-led Senate Committee on Army.

Citing a letter from the Chief of Defence Staff last week, Ndume said the military authorities complained that they had a shortfall of over N50 billion as far as fund releases from the Finance ministry was concerned.

Ahmed, however, gave the breakdown of how her ministry disbursed N1,008.84 trillion to the Army in the past two years as follows: N129.69 billion (Capital Expenditure); N39.76 billion (Overhead Cost); N681.79 (Personnel Cost); and N157.6 billion (Special Releases).

She said that the ministry has been “responsible and responsive” in providing funds for the Nigerian Army.

Mrs. Ahmed said: “The Ministry of Finance and National Planning, and indeed, the President, priorities are given to funding for the Armed of Forces of Nigeria.
https://thenationonlineng.net/army-got-n1-08tr-in-28-months-finance-minister-tells-senate/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 4:18pm On May 05, 2021
ocelot2006:

He was referring to the Type 56 as a whole. As for the OBJ006, a soldier friend I know complained bitterly about the rifle, claiming that the barrel tends to buckle/bend when it overheats in firefights with Boko Haram. Now I'm no soldier and I can't very this claim, but I have no reason to doubt his complaints, and if true it places our troops in unnecessary danger.

In all, I think a lot needs to be done. In the present age we're in, we should phase out some firearms, or better still improve of them. The nation needs to do better for our troops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhIBaB7MRk

Watch the video again. He specifically says the early Type 56s were fine but it was in the 90s after China started using type 95s and the US banned Chinese AK imports that the quality became garbage because there was no control over the quality anymore.

There were still some issues with some military rifles but they weren't design issues but quality control that came as a result of streamlining production.

As for the story you told it is possible that soldiers weapon is old and was improperly maintained (not his fault could be improper storage by the Army) or maybe he just got a bad rifle. The thing is even if he had an AK-12 it would have been the same because those issues aren't specific to the rifle but the production quality/maintenance.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:29pm On May 05, 2021
Can't we pay Russia to do a bombing raid on terror hotspots? They have long-range bombers capable of holding dozens of high yield bombs.

They can codedly carry out their own isr and then do the needful when they are done.

All these piecemeal bombs we're dropping on terrorists have no major impact. They use advance tunnels to store their weapons and secure their personnels in bombing raid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 4:40pm On May 05, 2021
Xbee007:
Can't we pay Russia to do a bombing raid on terror hotspots? They have long-range bombers capable of holding dozens of high yield bombs.

They can codedly carry out their own isr and then do the needful when they are done.

All these piecemeal bombs we're dropping on terrorists have no major impact. They use advance tunnels to store their weapons and secure their personnels in bombing raid.

I have been saying this for long, our air strikes are against well spaced enemies, and the power of our bombs are too little to do any major damage, if we could have 6 alpha jets and 2 attack helicopters on interdiction, it would have been more better, thank God the jf17 are here, they have more payloads......even the bomb yield of our drones and super tucano are too little, but they make up for it, by been precise, so each bomb can actually hit something important, instead of the drop and pray.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 05, 2021
Many people have reportedly been killed, or injured and kidnapped by armed bandits in fresh attacks on Gwagwada community, Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

The bandits allegedly stormed a Baptist church at Lukuru village and another church where members traditionally wear white garments at Gwagwada road in the early hours of Wednesday, and started shooting sporadically.

The bandits allegedly stormed a Baptist church at Lukuru village and another church where members traditionally wear white garments at Gwagwada road in the early hours of Wednesday, and started shooting sporadically.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/05/breaking-many-killed-others-kidnapped-bandits-attack-churches-kaduna
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chidexter(m): 5:38pm On May 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Many people have reportedly been killed, or injured and kidnapped by armed bandits in fresh attacks on Gwagwada community, Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/05/breaking-many-killed-others-kidnapped-bandits-attack-churches-kaduna

It's a gruesome endless cycle
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:50pm On May 05, 2021
ocelot2006:

Not taking anything away from all you've said but what is supposed to happen when a rifle OVERHEATS?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oladeligt: 7:31pm On May 05, 2021
Babaowen and his colleagues have finally succeeded in destroying this thread. This thread is now as boring as hell....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:40pm On May 05, 2021
Xbee007:

We can pay mercenaries to go after the bandits/terrorists in the northwest instead. It is a low threat zone and it will give the military breathing space but they said bubu doesn't like mercenaries grin.
It won't achieve much though, force can't solve a problem that resulted from poor governance but it will at least reduce kidnapping for ransome and killing with impunity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by hunter21(m): 11:59pm On May 05, 2021
Stephandesward:

I have been saying this for long, our air strikes are against well spaced enemies, and the power of our bombs are too little to do any major damage, if we could have 6 alpha jets and 2 attack helicopters on interdiction, it would have been more better, thank God the jf17 are here, they have more payloads......even the bomb yield of our drones and super tucano are too little, but they make up for it, by been precise, so each bomb can actually hit something important, instead of the drop and pray.
Reading about the way Nigerian military fights Boko Haram is like marking the exam scripts of an olodo student
It is here that you would use dive bombers for ground attack and expect precision strike ,
It is here that commanders would move troops through a mine infested area via hilux and calculate that the same number of troops would get to destination
There is a reason why a white man always coach super eagles after 60years of independence

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:45am On May 06, 2021
Oladeligt:
Babaowen and his colleagues have finally succeeded in destroying this thread. This thread is now as boring as hell....
If the thread is boring for you, you're free to leave.

Me I dey enjoy this thread cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:56am On May 06, 2021
Took place somewhere in Imo state and we can see the live action unfold from the recording, the gunmen overpowered the soldiers after killing I believe two of them while the rest ran away, and the military truck was seized.

Twitter link:

https://twitter.com/Truthfully83/status/1389972721749184513

Nigerian soldiers were attacked and killed in onitsha. Even in onitsha, against UGM, the Nigerian army personnel left their vehicle and made a tactical withdrawal for their dare lives shocked

Just imagine if those guys were not armed, the Nigerian army will surely show their gallantry against unarmed people.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 1:18am On May 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Took place somewhere in Imo state and we can see the live action unfold from the recording, the gunmen overpowered the soldiers after killing I believe two of them while the rest ran away, and the military truck was seized.

Twitter link:

Nigerian soldiers were attacked and killed in onitsha. Even in onitsha, against UGM, the Nigerian army personnel left their vehicle and made a tactical withdrawal for their dare lives shocked

Just imagine if those guys were not armed, the Nigerian army will surely show their gallantry against unarmed people.

I suspect Nigeria soldiers don’t flee in situations like this out of cowardliness or lack of commitment to soldering for Nigeria but because fleeing is the only option they left for themselves due to poor planning and danger anticipation. The key to sustaining a battle situation lies in adopting the right approach at the outset. It seems to me this is the difference between Nigerian solders apparent cowardliness and say the British, French or American soldiers successes in similar situations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Blueelf: 4:59am On May 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
If the thread is boring for you, you're free to leave.

Me I dey enjoy this thread cool

And you say you're not jumping for joy

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Blueelf: 5:00am On May 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Twitter link:

And you say you're not jumping for Joy

Schizophrenic patient. You need to have your brain checked but it may not yield any meaningful result because even DSM-V doesn't classify your kind of mental illness

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 5:05am On May 06, 2021
hunter21:

Reading about the way Nigerian military fights Boko Haram is like marking the exam scripts of an olodo student
It is here that you would use dive bombers for ground attack and expect precision strike ,
It is here that commanders would move troops through a mine infested area via hilux and calculate that the same number of troops would get to destination
There is a reason why a white man always coach super eagles after 60years of independence

It isn't a function of olodo, but limited resources....how many alpha jets does Nigeria have that they would put 6 in the air at once? Something tells me that most of our mi24 and mi35 are grounded, they would have been the best platforms for interdiction....but not with the s5 rockets they use.... instead a mix if s8 and s13 rockets would have been better.
And one way to know most military commentators just like regurgitating News and faking on my radar and Intel, is that they missed something very glaring.....the self propelled howitzer gotten from China sh1 and I can't remember the other name.....are not all 105mm, they are a mix of 105mm and 122mm, consult your pictures for confirmation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.