Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025636 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:24pm On May 26, 2021
Niger Airforce Dornier Do 228 transport/surveillance aircrafts.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 26, 2021
Stephandesward:
One of the things compounding safety issues for the police, is the way they handle relationship with the masses, the masses hate( I intentionally didn't use dislike) the police.
An average Nigerian has no problem watching the police been assaulted.
One of the ways to nip this this attacks that an intelligent person predict would soon spread to other regions I think stations were burnt in Lagos and Niger state, is for the police to immediately change their civilian-polce relationship. Be more active in their duty of protecting the masses, and prosecution of erring officers, they should stop acting like slave drivers.
These peace of advice(s) while good for the general masses, will help police personnel live longer .

When everybody is advising them on there terrible way if treating citizens they didn't listen, instead they did it more. The most terrible things in this country are being done by police, very useless people.
People pleaded with govt, protested peacefully but instead they killed protesters.
Now the oppressed are fighting back.
How can police and uniform men charged with duty of protecting citizens be the one terrorizing them?

I tell you the only power they possess is the riffles in there hand, and when they see people with equal riffles they can only run, they can't do shit, all there powers suddenly vanish. Criminals in uniform every where parading as police undecided . There is a limit to how you can oppress people and they will have no option than to turn around and face you. Nigeria Police is the most useless govt institution, bunch of heartless criminals.

The igbo elders should find a way to address them and dialogue. Maybe the police and military will have sense now. Things can't continue like this before it go out of hand.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 26, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

What are police officers even doing with grenade...
They should have smokes, flash bang and other non lethal stuffs for crowd control. This is wrong armament for officers not in counter terrorism unit.
And considering the theatre of operations, which is populated, grenades should even be at the bottom of their necessaries

That story was a hoax. Ask yourself if you've ever see any Nigeria Police with grenade openly before? That was a suicide bomber, police and state govt are just trying to cover it up

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 1:48pm On May 26, 2021
Kaeboy:

That story was a hoax. Ask yourself if you've ever see any Nigeria Police with grenade openly before? That was a suicide bomber, police and state govt are just trying to cover it up

Was actually a tear gas, that wasn't handled properly and exploded....

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:02pm On May 26, 2021
Stephandesward:

Why are jet fighter pilots flying beechcraft? I'm not a pilot, just an observation.
They do so because they are rated on the beechraft. Some NAF pilot have ratings in different aircrafts, those pilots started their careers as Alpha Jet pilots and maybe for one reason or the other where sent for Typerating course on the said beechcraft. I know someone that is rated on Mi35, Augusta 109, Robinson Helicopter, Tampico and the Beechraft. Shortage of Pilot may be the reason why some Pilots have multiple ratings on different Aircraft.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 2:26pm On May 26, 2021
persius555:

The police were suppose to check the excesses of the citizenry but they became the excesses
They were not checking our excesses because we have people among us paying them off.
The judiciary is also a den of injustice
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 2:29pm On May 26, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

What are police officers even doing with grenade...
They should have smokes, flash bang and other non lethal stuffs for crowd control. This is wrong armament for officers not in counter terrorism unit.
And considering the theatre of operations, which is populated, grenades should even be at the bottom of their necessaries
I don't think it is a grenade maybe a stunt grenade kind of tear gas
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
True federalism, like is been practised in the USA or the way the UK is been run will end most of this madness in Nigeria.

Imagine southern Governors banning open grazing, and an ordinary presidential spokesperson they release a press statement challenging Governors authority.

Is just so funny, in this 2021, make cows roaming about or not dey be one of the major topics been talked about in a country grin

There is nothing like True federalism & it is not practiced anywhere in the world!

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 26, 2021
jpphilips:

There is nothing like True federalism & it is not practiced anywhere in the world!
Nigeria is practising false federalism since we are copying the USA.

A situation whereby the Kano state Government won't allow beers be consumed in Kano, but will be receiving VAT from Beers sales is no more acceptable.

Though I agree with you, there is nothing like "true federalism" cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 26, 2021
If we go practice unitary system of government, make we practice am, not this unitary system of government disguise as federal system of government wey we dey practice.

This is the decree that ruined true federalism in Nigeria. Introduced by the Nigerian military.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 3:27pm On May 26, 2021
Rich4god:

Seriously, state police and regional security is the way. If the soldiers and police guarding Zamfara state, Katsina state etc are indigenes of the state and employed by the state govt, there is no way they will allow rascal Fulani bandits to be killing them anyhow.
Did you just say soldiers? I hope you're not suggesting we have regional soldiers.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:28pm On May 26, 2021
Stephandesward:

Why are jet fighter pilots flying beechcraft? I'm not a pilot, just an observation.

Who told you that?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2021
Kaeboy:

Have you ever seen a suicide bomber in Nigeria with a Grenade? why do you need to kill yourself when you can lob it to target?
Considering the plethora of attacks on operatives, command may decide to step up their arms, these ESN/UGM use spiritual bullet proof, I wont be surprised if the police decides to try Grenade for a change.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 3:40pm On May 26, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

A situation whereby the Kano state Government won't allow beers be consumed in Kano, but will be receiving VAT from Beers sales is no more acceptable.

Has any senator stood against this in the house?
If no it is because they are part of the people enjoying the benefit
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Tax laws have nothing to do with the formation of a federation, stop confusing yourself, VAT from beer sales? every bottle of beer is inclusive of VAT so it is added from source, you can as well stop consuming beer so that Kano state won't get alert, the same way we have non-smoking areas but VAT is charged on Cigarette.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 26, 2021
jpphilips:

Tax laws have nothing to do with the formation of a federation, stop confusing yourself, VAT from beer sales? every bottle of beer is inclusive of VAT so it is added from source, you can as well stop consuming beer so that Kano state won't get alert, the same way we have non-smoking areas but VAT is charged on Cigarette.
Mtchewww

Is there a law stopping people from smoking in this non smoking areas you're talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 4:22pm On May 26, 2021
Stephandesward:

I think it's because they had their multi engine rating on Beachcraft planes.

Maybe NAFs way of keeping pilots engaged during out of tour from the north east and north west.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 26, 2021
ugo4u:

They do so because they are rated on the beechraft. Some NAF pilot have ratings in different aircrafts, those pilots started their careers as Alpha Jet pilots and maybe for one reason or the other where sent for Typerating course on the said beechcraft. I know someone that is rated on Mi35, Augusta 109, Robinson Helicopter, Tampico and the Beechraft. Shortage of Pilot may be the reason why some Pilots have multiple ratings on different Aircraft.
Why can't they recruite more officers then
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 26, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Parachoko: 6:19pm On May 26, 2021
jpphilips:

What are you trying to say?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:20pm On May 26, 2021
TROOPS BUST BOKO HARAM LOGISTICS STOCKPILE, NAB FUEL SUPPLIERS

Troops of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 raided a suspected Boko Haram logistics stockpile in Kurkareta town, Yobe State.

Items recovered during the raid operations by troops in conjunction with local vigilantes include 62 jerrycans loaded with Premium Motor Spirit popularly called petrol, hidden in different houses and shops. Three vehicles belonging to the terrorists' suppliers with registration numbers DAL 626 YE (Kano), GBK 413 GR (Benue) and XA 390 SHN (Borno) were also impounded.

The successful raid was undertaken following credible intelligence that some members of the community are suppliers of fuel and other products to insurgents. All the recovered items and the suspects are in our custody for preliminary investigations before handing them over to the appropriate agency for prosecution.

The NA remains determined to sustain their offensive operations in the area and assures the public that the Army leadership is committed to achieving the overall objective of keeping the North East and the entire country free of terrorism, banditry and other violent crimes.

MOHAMMED YERIMA
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
26 May 2021

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:21pm On May 26, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:24pm On May 26, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
If we go practice unitary system of government, make we practice am, not this unitary system of government disguise as federal system of government wey we dey practice.

This is the decree that ruined true federalism in Nigeria. Introduced by the Nigerian military.
1963 constitution still remains the most practicable piece of document if we're to have any semblance of a sane nation. If we're being truthful to ourselves the major issue about restructuring borders on fiscal federalism and resource control, we saw how the regions then were in serious competition amongst themselves in terms of development.
The people giving excuse aren't serious and sincere about solving the myriads of issues facing the country maybe untill everything collapse. It will never make sense for states who criminalises, bans and confiscate Alcohol to still enjoy revenue from the same alcohol, these are some of the problems breeding discontent and separatist agitations in the country let states/region take charge of the resources in their domain and pay an agreed percent to the centre, this is how it is done in the US we went to do copy and paste. One man in Khaki just sat in his bedroom and came up with a document and said it is "We the people" as if Nigerians were consulted when it was being conjured. The simple truth there is if something is not done urgently to rethinker with structure of this country just like the Titanic it is bound to sink, it's just a matter of when.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:29pm On May 26, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Why can't they recruite more officers then
It's only the CAS that can answer that question, NAF has serious manpower issues. I doubt if officers in the Airforce are up to 7000 and they don't send NCOs for flight training.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 26, 2021
jpphilips:

Have you ever seen a suicide bomber in Nigeria with a Grenade? why do you need to kill yourself when you can lob it to target?
Considering the plethora of attacks on operatives, command may decide to step up their arms, these ESN/UGM use spiritual bullet proof, I wont be surprised if the police decides to try Grenade for a change.

And how exactly did you know it was a grenade and not IED
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 7:37pm On May 26, 2021
Whyem15:

What Aregbesola did in Osun state regarding security proves that today's governors are either deliberately sabotaging the security of their states or are simply not concerned about the loss of lives and properties.

Is it the 25 APCs he bought or the harmonized vigilante group he created and supported that is still very functional and involved in crime fighting throughout the state?
And we have some governors who will continue to blame FG and a particular tribe for tragedies they are paid monthly to prevent.

The only sad thing about the APCs gotten by Aregbesola is that many are already in need of spares and as there is no follow up on such policies, we can only fold our hands.
He even bought a helicopter at that time though it was eventually sold when the state was in financial crisis.
This APC really curb the bank robbery heard in osun state to be honest..The last time they came, the APC really helped, despite the robbers shooting its tired. Kudos to the DPO of that particular town. Can't really remembered the name
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2021
bidexiii:

[/b]The so called ‘Unknown Gunmen’ (UGM) that were seen in Owerri metropolis today weren't unknown guumen, locals were even busy hailing them

South East residents should ask some cogent questions from North East resident. I don’t expect sane people to support evil under any disguise.[b]
quote from @uncledeji
Do you expect them to be stoning the Unknown Gunmen? Coz I don't understand this. Even in the North , those bailing boko haram were doing that out of fear so they won't shot them

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 7:40pm On May 26, 2021
Whyem15:

Reading a book on the rescue attempt of the chibok girls, the US government was able to get an Sattelite imagery of several people being held hostage around that time. What Sattelite imagery does is to provide visual(and other types depending on the payloads of the satellites) coverage over wide swathes of land and when anything unusual is discovered, the relevant agencies will know where it occurred, the current status, what to expect there and even how it occurred.
High optics Sattelites would have been able to pick up the location of the kidnapped kankara and jangebe students and plan a reasonable rescue mission with the information provided by the Sattelites, but using it during such operations will be a gross underutiilization of the technology when you can use it to detect the camps/groups of criminals and destroy them before such criminals are able to execute such missions.
With satellite imagery, I am able to get information on the defenses of garrisoned towns in the north east.
As for the scenario you are trying to play out, I do not know if there are Sattelites capable of detecting such small numbers but numbers far more than that can certainly be picked up.

Thanks for the enlightenment guys
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:49pm On May 26, 2021
yoged:
Do you expect them to be stoning the Unknown Gunmen? Coz I don't understand this. Even in the North , those bailing boko haram were doing that out of fear so they won't shot them

Dont let us fool ourselves !
The case in the N.E. is totally different from the S.E.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Blueelf: 7:50pm On May 26, 2021
cutievik:
Owerri is trending on Twitter, the feeds from there breaks my heart, how did we get it so wrong in this country? The years of corruption, lack of adequate training, planning for the security of the populace has seen insecurity in alarming levels, taking over the country. One clip caught my attention tho, the policemen came, I saw policeman dismount from Hilux and jeeps, walking casually without cover. We should by now be applying tactics from the NE here, I have seen the tactics of these UGM and I tell you, they aren't hard to counter. At least in that state by now they should have procured nothing less than 4 APC for the police force, two drones and a tactical team of at least 50 CTU well trained men, they would Counter these attacks easily. I can't say much here from Google maps alone, we can counter, block and eliminate threats.

Improper training fr all pur nation's security personnel are eveudent.

From the army, to the navy and Airforce (except a handful special forces and fighter pilot s), they just lack proper training.

That's what you get when your focus is on planting heads for six months in a rotten place they call depot and beating your chest like it's a normal thing. Tactics? Zero, Movement? Zero, arms? 18th century...

If anybody must quote me and does so with snide remarks and insults, that person will get an earful that he/she will wish he/she was never born. I'm not in a good mood today..

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:28pm On May 26, 2021
Blueelf:

Improper training fr all pur nation's security personnel are eveudent.

From the army, to the navy and Airforce (except a handful special forces and fighter pilot s), they just lack proper training.

That's what you get when your focus is on planting heads for six months in a rotten place they call depot and beating your chest like it's a normal thing. Tactics? Zero, Movement? Zero, arms? 18th century...

If anybody must quote me and does so with snide remarks and insults, that person will get an earful that he/she will wish he/she was never born. I'm not in a good mood today..
Call down bro. I understand. The situation is really disheartening and bad. I don't know why they expect so much from officers when the men are unproductive. E no balance. We don't even have a mentality. We lack value and respect for NCOs in Nigeria. We use them as cannon fodder
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 9:02pm On May 26, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Call down bro. I understand. The situation is really disheartening and bad. I don't know why they expect so much from officers when the men are unproductive. E no balance. We don't even have a mentality. We lack value and respect for NCOs in Nigeria. We use them as cannon fodder
but you say you are a solider? let me not talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.