Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3018866 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:42pm On May 25, 2021
Regarding the weapons procurement of the army, I'm glad they are going for systems that will very much still dominating the battle space decades from now.
The VT4 tanks, ST1 tank destroyer, SH5 artillery, a certain dual purpose artillery that will revolutionize NA Artillery corps that beegseagle has been speculating about don't know how true it is but I'm sure beegs won't say it if he doesn't have info on it.
The next is to embrace RCWS and buy advanced IFVs(what Russia is doing with IFVs these days ehn;especially in the area of UGV) . Then buy in large quantities and establish an upgrading programme for these systems to ensure they are always up to date.
If the army can keep this up, it will be very modernized in a few years from now.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:00pm On May 25, 2021
Odunayaw:
What a satellite does is that as it passes along its orbit it "snaps" pictures. In a vicinity of interest, it takes as much pictures of that swathe as it moves along its orbit on in that vicinity.

To have consistent eyes over a target, you either have "static" sats in Low earth orbit or you have a constellation/string of satellites that can pass that orbit with each one transmitting its own feed.

This is just a rough explanation. The only way they'd be able to track this kind of scenario you brought up is that feeds/pictures of that vicinity will be revisited and then a track from there up until the present will be followed (again subjected to the number of feeds the sats took along the track)

Some satellites are capable of providing live feeds. But then UAV will also be needed. Satellites provides information on the general area and reduce the area of operations of UAVs and also the workload.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:03pm On May 25, 2021
Litmus:

In terms of understanding the socio-political importance of the "Space Industry", for want of better a term, and possibly related investments, it seems as if Buhari’s Nigeria is not as forward thinking as was Goodluck Jonathan’s Nigeria. Buhar’s admin is backward in this regard.

Well, in the government's defense, the plan is to pay for one this year and also we need to consider dwindling revenue. We can't compare the revenue in 2013 to what enters now, they are far apart. I believe it will be done though.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:19pm On May 25, 2021
UPDATE: Imo Police Command neutralized IPOB/ESN that masterminded the attack on the Command Headquarters and Correctional Centre in April, 2021. The IPOB/ESN were engaged in a gun battle and during the gun duel that lasted for about two hours, two suspects believed to have masterminded the attack at the Police Headquarters and Correctional Centre, Owerri on 5th April, 2021, were fatally injured. The suspects are Unchenna Elendu 'm' of Umukusu Ocha area and Elu Osinachi 'm' of Umuobube Awara who later died.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:25pm On May 25, 2021
Police Arrest IPOB Member 'Blood' In Ebonyi. Recover Juju Box, Others

Police arrest suspected gunmen kingpin (Blood) in Ebonyi:

On the 20/05/2021, following Intelligence report, One Eluu Ekpehu Emmanuel was arrested, leading to arrest of their gang leader popularly known as "Blood" alleged to have been terrorizing the area and the master minder of the various attacks on three Police Divisional Headquarters in the area, namely Onicha, Abaomege and Ohaozara.

Blood was apprehended with gunshot injuries and the following items recovered;

1 Double Barrel English Gun, with eleven live cartridges.
1 Locally made Single Gun.
1 Riot Police Smoke Gunner, stolen from Ohaozara Police Divisional Headquarters when the division was attacked and on the 6th May, 2021.
3 Police Bartons
1 Hand Grenade
1 Canister of Teargas
2 Police Belts
2 Police Radio Communication Handset with Chargers, all Stolen from from Onicha Divisional Headquarters which was also attacked and set ablaze on 4th Feb. 2021.
4 Biafra Flag and
1 Juju Box.

The suspect later gave up the ghost at the hospital.

Police PRO
Ebonyi State Command

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2021
Whyem15:

Some satellites are capable of providing live feeds. But then UAV will also be needed. Satellites provides information on the general area and reduce the area of operations of UAVs and also the workload.
Life feeds as in videos like a UAV?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:43pm On May 25, 2021
#NN
#AFSF
#NORTHEAST

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2021
NAF fighter jet just made people sh*t their pants. It was flying f*cking so low. You've never heard a noise like that I assure you.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:50pm On May 25, 2021
Xbee007:
NAF fighter jet just made people sh*t their pants. It was flying f*cking so low. You've never heard a noise like that I assure you.

Where shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2021
bidexiii:

Where shocked
Kaduna

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 25, 2021
The NAF JF17 pic don enter wiki fast fast.

According to Wikipedia the NAF operates the JF-17A Block 2.

I copied this from there.

JF-17A Block 2 — Single-seat variant. Production began on 18 December 2013 and initial testing began on 9 February 2015. Block 2 aircraft make use of composites in the airframe for reduced weight, air-to-air refuelling capability, improved radar and avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, data link, and electronic warfare capabilities. Chairman of PAC, Air Marshal Javaid Ahmed said: "We will hand over 16 Block-II JF-17s to the PAF every year", and that the manufacturing plant has the capacity to produce 25 units in a year. According to local media, PAC rolled out the 16th Block 2 aircraft in December 2015 enabling the JF-17's 4th squadron formation. A Block 2 JF-17 costs approximately US$25 million per unit.

Source: Wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:20pm On May 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The NAF JF17 pic don enter wiki fast fast.

According to Wikipedia the NAF operates the JF-17A Block 2.

I copied this from there.

JF-17A Block 2 — Single-seat variant. Production began on 18 December 2013 and initial testing began on 9 February 2015. Block 2 aircraft make use of composites in the airframe for reduced weight, air-to-air refuelling capability, improved radar and avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, data link, and electronic warfare capabilities. Chairman of PAC, Air Marshal Javaid Ahmed said: "We will hand over 16 Block-II JF-17s to the PAF every year", and that the manufacturing plant has the capacity to produce 25 units in a year. According to local media, PAC rolled out the 16th Block 2 aircraft in December 2015 enabling the JF-17's 4th squadron formation. A Block 2 JF-17 costs approximately US$25 million per unit.

Source: Wikipedia.

Becareful when sitting Wikipedia.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 3:05pm On May 25, 2021
Odunayaw:
Life feeds as in videos like a UAV?

Yes, only problem is that it might not be as clear as UAVs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 3:33pm On May 25, 2021
Owerri is trending on Twitter, the feeds from there breaks my heart, how did we get it so wrong in this country? The years of corruption, lack of adequate training, planning for the security of the populace has seen insecurity in alarming levels, taking over the country. One clip caught my attention tho, the policemen came, I saw policeman dismount from Hilux and jeeps, walking casually without cover. We should by now be applying tactics from the NE here, I have seen the tactics of these UGM and I tell you, they aren't hard to counter. At least in that state by now they should have procured nothing less than 4 APC for the police force, two drones and a tactical team of at least 50 CTU well trained men, they would Counter these attacks easily. I can't say much here from Google maps alone, we can counter, block and eliminate threats.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:33pm On May 25, 2021
Whyem15:

Yes, only problem is that it might not be as clear as UAVs.
Give me an example please

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 25, 2021
Another Police station located in Iwollo Oghe Police station in Ezeagu local government area of Enugu state has been invaded and burnt on Tuesday morning.

Up to five persons, including police personnel were feared killed in the attack that saw the police facility totally razed.

It was also learnt most of the vehicles and other property in the premises were burnt down.

Already, Police Public Relations Officer in Enugu state Daniel Ndukwe has confirmed the attack but could not give further details as at the time of filling this report.

https://www.blueprint.ng/breaking-gunmen-invade-burn-another-police-station-5-dead/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 25, 2021
A 39-year-old missionary and evangelist, Pastor Leviticus Makpa Markus and his 2-year-old son, Godsend Makpa, have been brutally murdered by armed bandits in Niger State, IgbereTV reports.

IgbereTV gathered that few days ago, bandits attacked Kamberi village where the University of Jos graduate was serving as a missionary and slaughered him and his son while his wife managed to escape with their daughter.

Father and son were laid to rest after a service of songs at the family house in Suleja, Niger State on Sunday evening, May 23.

Samuel Solomon described the late missionary as a "rugged foot soldier of Christ"

Samuel wrote on Facebook;

"My heart is heavy. Bandits killed a rugged foot soldier of Christ. They shot him and his son....both died. The wife and daughter escaped. This is just an attempt to wipe out Christianity in the region....he has no money, in fact the community he is serving has no government presence so what were the gun men looking for? Definitely it couldn't have been money....their mission was to wipe the Church. Late missionary Leviticus Makpa was serving in Niger state, a remote village that has no school....they started the only school in the village and raised many souls. Below were the messages he sent to me two days ago....rejoicing over the new location they got.

He came for the last wine conference ....we had planned how to adopt him as a missionary but painfully he has joined the league of martyrs in heaven....his blood will testify over the land and also against the insecurity of a corrupt administration.

This is a general indeed...bandits came against them, they hid in the cave to save their lives...after they left, he went back to the field with his family....how many of us can do this? He eventually lost his life and that of his son....the wife and daughter escaped. He knew his life was a stake but burden for souls won't let him run away from the field. I want to appeal to all well meaning Christians to assist the widow and daughter he left behind. We must see to it that they do not suffer, the daughter must get the best education possible. He was a general!

May his soul rest in peace."
https://www.facebook.com/100065094564699/posts/138697284976756/?app=fbl
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 25, 2021
sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2021
I saw people hailing these ugm

Hope they know what they re doing?

These people should leave my owerri alone embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:25pm On May 25, 2021
Whyem15:
Regarding the weapons procurement of the army, I'm glad they are going for systems that will very much still dominating the battle space decades from now.
The VT4 tanks, ST1 tank destroyer, SH5 artillery, a certain dual purpose artillery that will revolutionize NA Artillery corps that beegseagle has been speculating about don't know how true it is but I'm sure beegs won't say it if he doesn't have info on it.
The next is to embrace RCWS and buy advanced IFVs(what Russia is doing with IFVs these days ehn;especially in the area of UGV) . Then buy in large quantities and establish an upgrading programme for these systems to ensure they are always up to date.
If the army can keep this up, it will be very modernized in a few years from now.
I will confirm about that. although they have being info about procurement from china which will soon be delivered. including latest artillery, mrap,mbt and hmg

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:28pm On May 25, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2021
Whyem15:

Many satellites can take 20-30 pictures per second which is basically a video.

https://space.stackexchange.com/questions/1707/are-satellites-able-to-stream-real-time-videos-about-certain-parts-of-earths-su

https://www.csoonline.com/article/2221341/darpa-s-spy-telescope-will-stream-real-time-video-from-any-spot-on-earth.html

The above is a link from 2011.

True about the picture per second... but I think its not feasible continuously due to the amount of data to be stored and processed... too much information that might not be needed as it passes its orbit

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 5:00pm On May 25, 2021
The new COAS.
Gen K.P.K

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 5:02pm On May 25, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:07pm On May 25, 2021
Odunayaw:
True about the picture per second... but I think its not feasible continuously due to the amount of data to be stored and processed... too much information that might not be needed as it passes its orbit

Not if the location, timing and circumstances are of high interest to power.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:03pm On May 25, 2021
cutievik:
Owerri is trending on Twitter, the feeds from there breaks my heart, how did we get it so wrong in this country? The years of corruption, lack of adequate training, planning for the security of the populace has seen insecurity in alarming levels, taking over the country. One clip caught my attention tho, the policemen came, I saw policeman dismount from Hilux and jeeps, walking casually without cover. We should by now be applying tactics from the NE here, I have seen the tactics of these UGM and I tell you, they aren't hard to counter. At least in that state by now they should have procured nothing less than 4 APC for the police force, two drones and a tactical team of at least 50 CTU well trained men, they would Counter these attacks easily. I can't say much here from Google maps alone, we can counter, block and eliminate threats.

What Aregbesola did in Osun state regarding security proves that today's governors are either deliberately sabotaging the security of their states or are simply not concerned about the loss of lives and properties.

Is it the 25 APCs he bought or the harmonized vigilante group he created and supported that is still very functional and involved in crime fighting throughout the state?
And we have some governors who will continue to blame FG and a particular tribe for tragedies they are paid monthly to prevent.

The only sad thing about the APCs gotten by Aregbesola is that many are already in need of spares and as there is no follow up on such policies, we can only fold our hands.
He even bought a helicopter at that time though it was eventually sold when the state was in financial crisis.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:08pm On May 25, 2021
https://twitter.com/aybarsbtr/status/1127943819637481472?s=19

I would love to see this on NAF's helicopters. After the high threat enemy targets has been taken out, this can help mop up the remaining terrorists.

And also, NA should switch to 14.5mm on their gun trucks.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:35pm On May 25, 2021
Happening Now

Heavy shooting in Owerri as Unknow GUNMEN Reportedly Set Orji Police station Ablaze

This is gradually getting out of hands

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:36pm On May 25, 2021
NAF SETS UP COMMITTEE TO CONDUCT SAFETY AUDIT OF ITS OPERATIONAL AND ENGINEERING UNITS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Oladayo Amao has constituted a Committee of serving and retired senior officers to conduct a safety audit of all Nigerian Air Force(NAF) operational and engineering units. The Committee is to, among other terms of reference, analyse safety reports from operational and engineering units, conduct safety evaluation of NAF units and recommend measures to enhance safety of operations in the units. The Committee is also to interact with unit operational and technical personnel for views, observations and contributions on safety measures. Chaired by Air Vice Marshal Abraham Adole, the Deputy Theatre Commander, Operation HADIN KAI, the Committee is to submit its report not later than 18 June 2021.

EDWARD GABKWET
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

25 May 2021

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:46pm On May 25, 2021
seankafor:
I saw people hailing these ugm

Hope they know what they re doing?

These people should leave my owerri alone embarassed

My Southeastern Brothers don’t know what they are doing.

For now it will be fun, but later the dreaded dragon will unleash the flames on its people.

It’s well sha

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:34pm On May 25, 2021
Funny how we haven't heard from Amnesty International. When these A-holes start getting murdered, then they will wake up and complain.
you'd think by now all police stations over there would have been fortified by now, but nope. life is too cheap for that side.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 8:48pm On May 25, 2021
One of the things compounding safety issues for the police, is the way they handle relationship with the masses, the masses hate( I intentionally didn't use dislike) the police.
An average Nigerian has no problem watching the police been assaulted.
One of the ways to nip this this attacks that an intelligent person predict would soon spread to other regions I think stations were burnt in Lagos and Niger state, is for the police to immediately change their civilian-polce relationship. Be more active in their duty of protecting the masses, and prosecution of erring officers, they should stop acting like slave drivers.
These peace of advice(s) while good for the general masses, will help police personnel live longer .

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.