Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:18 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3148316 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
sizzorchan:
And I"m telling you this is how the entire country works, which is how many times bigger than Nigeria? let's stop making excuses, the nigeria police is a very useless force. There are good officers, but there's so much they can do without adequate support system.
I'm talking about distribution of forces, constant patrols of sensitive areas, placing police stations within certain locations for prompt response time etc, pretty much all the entire police force in America operate in similar way. Yet the US is massive compared to Nigeria.
Poor planning, lack of resources and adequate training is the problem.
What landmass are you talking about when cops stop chasing a suspect that's only ahead of them by a few yards? lol. please.
The will isn't there, most cops in nigeria don't wanna risk their lives for silly pay and zero protection for officers, why risk it

Alright bro
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Minister of defence, her deputy and SANDF officers handing over the remains to the soldier's family at Air Force Base Waterkloof...

The family finally lays their son to rest...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
.../2...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
.../3...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
...last.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lurker4Long:

The family finally lays their son to rest...
Wow!!! shocked a state funeral

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Exactly, it's just coordination man, they've mapped out everything in case of emergency or a hunt for suspect etc, anyways, yea

GeneralFarouq:

In some cities in US once u barricade the river cross and bridges ground all flight, thats all no escaping... But in Nigeria, that would be a futile exercise in most states
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:07am On Jun 20, 2021
NAF PUMA

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 20, 2021
See all the fanfare just because of a single soldier shocked

Over here soldiers will be killed, the authority will tell you that no soldier was killed.

A town will be taking over by terrorists, they will tell you that the terrorists didn't take over the territory grin

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2021
Lurker4Long:
...last.
Jeez. Is this how SA buries all of its troops or this one is a high medal recipient? Just asking cos the activities are alot

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Jeez. Is this how SA buries all of its troops or this one is a high medal recipient? Just asking cos the activities are alot

Soldiers killed in combat qualify for a military funeral, if the family agrees.
These are the steps:
1) sending off parade at the deployment area;
2) welcoming parade at the repatriation point in SA, usually Air Force Base Waterkloof;
3) military funeral at the soldier's home, if the family agrees.

There are some variations. If, for example, a soldier dies in a vehicle accident whilst on deployment say, in the DRC, steps 1 and 2 apply, but not 3.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 9:32am On Jun 20, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Soldiers killed in combat qualify for a military funeral, if the family agrees.
These are the steps:
1) sending off parade at the deployment area;
2) welcoming parade at the repatriation point in SA, usually Air Force Base Waterkloof;
3) military funeral at the soldier's home, if the family agrees.

There are some variations. If, for example, a soldier dies in a vehicle accident whilst on deployment say, in the DRC, steps 1 and 2 apply, but not 3.
but the initial post stated that he was killed in friendly fire,during training or so. Guess that was the reason for such grand burial.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2021
MUTERIKA:
but the initial post stated that he was killed in friendly fire,during training or so. Guess that was the reason for such grand burial.

I don't know where you read about training. He was killed by friendly fire, during an operation in the DRC. He was a member of 1 Tactical Intelligence Regiment, who surveil the battlefield close to the enemy and away from the other body of troops. it is probable that friendly forces didn't know his position close to the enemy, when he was shot in the heat of battle.
That's why a Board of Inquiry has been convened to debrief everyone involved in the action.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
So you expect such for every single soldier who died in our war? How does that make sense? Because then they'd all have to quit their jobs to throw a parade.
It's easy to do this when you aren't at war and you lose 1 or 2 soldiers, but in our case, we've lost too many, this won't make sense to do.
We are at war they aren't

DubaiLandLord:
See all the fanfare just because of a single soldier shocked

Over here soldiers will be killed, the authority will tell you that no soldier was killed.

A town will be taking over by terrorists, they will tell you that the terrorists didn't take over the territory grin

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
sizzorchan:
So you expect such for every single soldier who died in our war? How does that make sense? Because then they'd all have to quit their jobs to throw a parade.
It's easy to do this when you aren't at war and you lose 1 or 2 soldiers, but in our case, we've lost too many, this won't make sense to do.

Where in my post did I say they should do it for our men that are been killed in the NE?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
ISWAP attacks Banki junction.

E don Dey near us like play embarassed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Because you are always looking for a reason to criticize the Military / Govt or police, not that they don't deserve it, but not everything warrant comparison, they did what they did for a single dead soldier, not mass casualty, Nigeria honor it's war dead too, might not be perfect, but they do, we've seen the pics here. Jeez
Why b!tch about everything

DubaiLandLord:
Where in my post did I say they should do it for our men that are been killed in the NE?

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) eliminated dozens of Islamic State West Africa Province terrorists in Lamboa in Kaga Local Government Area of Borno State on Sunday.

The multiple airstrikes conducted by Alpha-Jets, L-39 and MI-35 helicopters hit a notorious terrorist, Modu Sulum and several others.

Sulum, ISWAP Logistics Commander, took part in the elimination of Boko Haram factional leader, Abubakar Shekau in May.

Sulum was responsible for the destruction of power transmission towers at Malanari along Maiduguri-Damaturu Highway and attacks on travellers in Auno and Jakana.

The insurgents, in a convoy of eight gun trucks, had invaded Lamboa preparatory to attacks in the Mainok axis.

Ground and air troops scuttled their mission after the NAF reconnaissance platform hovered over the location to confirm the targets.

NAF Director of Information, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet said the operation was successful.

“Of the eight terrorist gun trucks sighted by our surveillance team, the aircraft took out six and an unconfirmed number of terrorists.

“Nigerian Army troops and our air elements are mopping up the area and assessing the situation”, the spokesman told PRNigeria.

Gabwet hailed the vigour and synergy by all segments of the Armed Forces in the North-East theatre.

Military offensives have heightened with the resumption of office of the New Theatre Commander Operation Hadi Kai, Major General Chris Musa.

DAILYPOST

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
sizzorchan:
Because you are always looking for a reason to criticize the Military / Govt or police, not that they don't deserve it, but not everything warrant comparison, they did what they did for a single dead soldier, not mass casualty, Nigeria honor it's war dead too, might not be perfect, but they do, we've seen the pics here. Jeez
Why b!tch about everything

Mtchewww

I no get time for unreasonable talk abegi

My question was, show me where I wrote all what you said I wrote. Not to be wailing around. I stopped reading after going through the first and second line.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
40 Barrel rolling

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
lol, no you didn't stop reading, quit lying to yourself. grin
You know what you did dude, and you made a comparison for a reason
. Stop already. Happy Sunday my man, enjoy grin

DubaiLandLord:
Mtchewww

I no get time for unreasonable talk abegi

My question was, show me where I wrote all what you said I wrote. Not to be wailing around. I stopped reading after going through the first and second line.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Security operatives on Sunday gunned down fourteen armed bandits during a gun duel in the Katsina-Ala town, Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State.

The armed bandits were reported to have met their waterloo when they stormed a police station in the town where some of the bandits were being detained.

According to a source, the bandits numbering about 50 had driven in Toyota Corolla vehicles to the police station, the police engaged them killing over 10 bandits, captured two alive, while most of them escaped with injuries.

“We started hearing gunshots around 1:30 am today (Sunday) around the police station in Katsina-Ala town, everybody in the neighborhood was woken up with the sporadic gunshots and praying to God.

“It was around 5:00am that some leaders in the area visited the station after they had contacted the Divisional Police Officer, DPO.

”Surprisingly, the police gunned down over 10 of these bandits while many of them escaped with gun wounds. We also heard that two of them were captured alive”.

The Benue State Police Command spokesperson, DSP Catherine Anene confirmed the report and said that 14 of the bandits were gunned down by the Police during the attack.

She stated that series of operations were going on in Kastina-Ala Local Government Area noted that the operation was aimed towards a total clampdown on bandits activities in the area.

Anene said, “On 19th June, 2021 five bandits were arrested and detained at Kastina-Ala Police Division for investigation and prosecution.

“On 20th June, 2021 at about 0130hrs more than 50 other gang members of the detainees mobilized and invaded the police station to rescue their counterparts.
“Officers at the division who were already at alert engaged them in a gun duel and were able to subdue the bandits.

https://independent.ng/police-kill-14-bandits-in-benue/?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
UPDATE ON BIRNIN YAWURI ABDUCTION

Troops of the Nigerian Army operating under the auspices of Operation HADARIN DAJI supported by Nigerian Air Force component have rescued more abductees of the FGC Birnin Yawuri. One teacher and three students were rescued yesterday at Makuku, in the ongoing search and rescue operations. The troops also killed one bandit and recovered nine motorcycles and four handsets from the fleeing bandits.

Additional troops have also been deployed to dominate the forest and deny the bandits freedom of action.

Recall that two teachers and five students were earlier on Friday 18 June 2021 rescued by the gallant troops in a coordinated fire fight with the kidnappers.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
20 June 2021

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nigerian Troop with close air support today along Mainok-Jakana kills ISWAP fighters including Logistics Commander, Modu Sulum, who took part in Shekau’s killing .
https://twitter.com/Jakepor21/status/1406687426702188545?s=19

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
yoged:
Nigerian Troop with close air support today along Mainok-Jakana kills ISWAP fighters including Logistics Commander, Modu Sulum, who took part in Shekau’s killing .
Abeg no bi all of us get Twitter again, post pictures here for us..

Why Army do dey ever post pictures of dead commander?

No more Airforce video's, chai, E for sweet to watch o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
yoged:
Abeg, someone should post the pictures here. We no get access to Twitter again.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 5:55am On Jun 21, 2021
sizzorchan:

Baba rest how do you guys even sleep at night when you justify things that doesn't make sense? sad sad...now you want to use "we are at war" as an excuse for not honouring fallen heroes?? sad sad

Let me give few instances
1) The time we lost 100+ men(can't remember the actual location, a company or so was attacked and almost wiped out) what did the president do, he went to commission a railway station at Lagos instead of attending burial of soldiers

2) The COAS died on official duty, did the president attend the burial?? What of vice??

3) One happened recently a major died together with some soldiers, but the focus was just on the major and it was a if the soldiers were worthless.

How do you then tell soldiers and officers that their sacrifice is been acknowledged??

I still praise Ret. Air marshal Sadiq Baba.

We have seen in situation whereby US will fly a single dead soldier in a C130 from middle East down to the states (am not comparing US with Nigeria). All am trying to say it that these men deserves to be buried with honour war or no war.

I rest my case

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Biodun556(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k96w6P1tQT4

South Africa gripen and Nigerian jf17
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2021
Biodun556:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k96w6P1tQT4

South Africa gripen and Nigerian jf17

This Wan na JF-17block 3
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 7:17am On Jun 21, 2021
joshingjosh:

Baba rest how do you guys even sleep at night when you justify things that doesn't make sense? sad sad...now you want to use "we are at war" as an excuse for not honouring fallen heroes?? sad sad

Let me give few instances
1) The time we lost 100+ men(can't remember the actual location, a company or so was attacked and almost wiped out) what did the president do, he went to commission a railway station at Lagos instead of attending burial of soldiers

2) The COAS died on official duty, did the president attend the burial?? What of vice??

3) One happened recently a major died together with some soldiers, but the focus was just on the major and it was a if the soldiers were worthless.

How do you then tell soldiers and officers that their sacrifice is been acknowledged??

I still praise Ret. Air marshal Sadiq Baba.

We have seen in situation whereby US will fly a single dead soldier in a C130 from middle East down to the states (am not comparing US with Nigeria). All am trying to say it that these men deserves to be buried with honour war or no war.

I rest my case

Apart from your number 2, when did your number 1 and 3 happened this year?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:29am On Jun 21, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) ... (2212) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.