Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3046974 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
iblawi:

At some point in 2014 BOKO HARAM was considered the second deadliest terrorist group in the world after ISIS.

How do you think Nigeria managed a group that was said to be more deadly than Taliban few years ago?

Terrorist gets more powerful if they are not properly managed and their power and influence reduces if properly managed.

Today Talibans are suddenly more powerful than almost every terrorist group.

Tell them mate ... wink

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:
Military releases 1,009 ex-Boko Haram fighters to Borno govt

https://punchng.com/military-releases-1009-ex-boko-haram-fighters-to-borno/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1626327812

REPORTS ON RELEASE OF BOKO HARAM FIGHTERS IN BORNO FALSE

The Nigerian Army (NA) has been notified of a media publication alleging that the NA has handed over 1009 Ex-Boko Haram fighters to Borno State government. The report also alleged that the event was shrouded in secrecy. This report, is obviously one of those attempts to dampen troops' morale and denegrate the NA, riding on the back of unsubstantiated report and misinformation.

While the NA would not want to join issues with the masterminds of this false narrative, it is important to set the records straight.

It is an indisputable fact that the ongoing Counter Terrorism Counter Insurgency Operations (CTCOIN) in the North East has led to the arrest of several terrorism/insurgency suspects. These suspects have been held in custody, while undergoing profiling and further investigations by experts from the Joint Investigation Centre (JIC) and those who are found culpable are usually handed over to prosecuting agencies accordingly, while those who are not implicated in terrorism and insurgency are cleared and released to the state government for rehabilitation before they are reintegrated into the society. These cleared suspects are therefore not ex Boko Haram fighters, as peddled in the said online report and as the masterminds would want to impress on the public. A total of 1009 cleared suspects, not ex fighters, were therefore released after this rigorous process on Wednesday 14 July 2021. It is also necessary to categorically state that the handing over of the cleared suspects was not shrouded in secrecy as it was witnessed by United Nations Humanitarian and government agencies, in tandem with global best practice.

The NA therefore urges the general public to discountenance this misinformation, as it is evidently a manipulation and distortion of the truth and reality of the event.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
15 July 2021

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
Whyem15:
The first batch of 6 super tucanos left US yesterday.

[b][/b]GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

PRESS RELEASE

FIRST BATCH OF A-29 SUPER TUCANO AIRCRAFT DEPART THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FOR NIGERIA

The first batch of 6 A-29 Super Tucano aircraft have departed the United States of America on Wednesday, 14 July 2021 enroute Nigeria. The 6 aircraft will be leapfrogged through 5 countries including Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Spain and Algeria before arriving their final destination in Nigeria towards the end of July 2021. An official induction ceremony of the aircraft into the inventory of the Nigerian Air Force is already being planned at a later date in August 2021 to be announced in due course. The Office of the Director of Public Relations and Information remains open to any inquiry regarding the arrival and induction of the aircraft.

Kindly assist in disseminating this information for the awareness of the general public.

Thank you.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
15 July 2021[b][/b]

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
NewDelhi:

Should I start bring numerous videos of BHT capturing Nigerian soldiers and officers ?

You might want to show us where BHT captured Nigerian soldiers en masse like happened with the Ethiopian army in Tigray.

I hope you know the meaning of the word en masse? Pls look it up before you answer I'm not won't to add that to your education. Some of you pained folks are so s.ick upstairs with hatred of Nigeria that you even deny things that are self evident with the world as witness.

And let me add capturing one Nigerian soldier is not a common feat. By Nigerian military indoctrination most commanders would rather die with their men or make a tactical withdrawal to fight another day which you bet is written in stone which must and always happens than to be captured alive for enemy propaganda. You attack us we are coming back stronger not capitulating in defeat like the Ethiopian Army.

Does it happen betimes, yes! But in the fog of war. But when compared with other african militaries it is highly rare to see a captured Nigerian soldier talk less of an officer. Please where did you see a Nigerian Army officer captured? At least in the numbers you insinuate, you must be a joke. You might show us the Air Force officer shot down many years ago but how bravely did he take his death with honor no flinching, and how many others either crashed or got shot down but rather chose to perish with their aircrafts than be captured alive. Pls spare us your false tirade.

And stop insulting us with Ethiopia that depends on aid to fund its budget and feed its people suffering from famine and whose soldiers barely have body armour or kit like a basic infantry soldier of the Nigerian Army which are arguably the best kitted in Africa.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:

[b][/b]GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

PRESS RELEASE

FIRST BATCH OF A-29 SUPER TUCANO AIRCRAFT DEPART THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FOR NIGERIA

The first batch of 6 A-29 Super Tucano aircraft have departed the United States of America on Wednesday, 14 July 2021 enroute Nigeria. The 6 aircraft will be leapfrogged through 5 countries including Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Spain and Algeria before arriving their final destination in Nigeria towards the end of July 2021. An official induction ceremony of the aircraft into the inventory of the Nigerian Air Force is already being planned at a later date in August 2021 to be announced in due course. The Office of the Director of Public Relations and Information remains open to any inquiry regarding the arrival and induction of the aircraft.

Kindly assist in disseminating this information for the awareness of the general public.

Thank you.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
15 July 2021[b][/b]

This is really good news. Haters can go jump in the River Niger we no care. It has happened.

"I can guess Biden don't even know this is happening with his brain on freeze most of the day cos that guy and his condescending mindset of Africa and Nigeria in particular when you hear him talk is very appalling"

Gentlemen and Patriots let's celebrate! Our enemies soon won't know what hit them.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:

Omoo you guys are trying .... grin

That is eh!

Even the intelligence guys dey wonder grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Covert1:

[/b]This is really good news. Haters can go jump in the River Niger we no care. It has happened.[b]

"I can guess Biden don't even know this is happening with his brain on freeze most of the day cos that guy and his condescending mindset of Africa and Nigeria in particular when you hear him talk is very appalling"

Gentlemen and Patriots let's celebrate! Our enemies soon won't know what hit them.

grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
iblawi:

At some point in 2014 BOKO HARAM was considered the second deadliest terrorist group in the world after ISIS.

How do you think Nigeria managed a group that was said to be more deadly than Taliban few years ago?

Terrorist gets more powerful if they are not properly managed and their power and influence reduces if properly managed.

Don't forget Iblawi prior 2014 BHT was considered the deadliest terrorist group.

And yet we have pushed them to a corner of Nigeria and neighboring countries so extreme a majority of the Nigerian people don't even know what's going on daily in the North-East.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Covert1:

That is eh!

Even the intelligence guys dey wonder grin

I swear !

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
Gireiboy:

Nigeria is 4th in Africa according to the latest global firepower index.

Global Firepower is only aggregate it has no practical bearing of realistic combat capabilities on the ground. It is inaccurate and suspect of bias by certain globalist or western interests.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
iblawi:

The Talibans have more access to finance, where they can train and operate from etc.

Ethiopian couldn't defeat the Tigrayan army, see as people dey downgrade the Ethiopian army, Nigeria is also struggling against terrorists in her backyard for more than 10 years, but una go wail if them talk say the Nigerian army is incompetent.

Some people don dey wail about looting in SA, while bandits and Fulani heardsmen are busy raising down villages and killing people here in Nigeria.

For more than a week now, the DSS said they have found weapons in Sunday Igboho house, still yet, they haven't charge him to court... Nigeria is one of the few countries this kind of yama yama fit happen grin

Well sha, anyhow sha. The Talibans can't survive for up to a week in any US territory. ISIS can't survive for a week in any part of America.

Only in failing countries do terrorists hold sway. ISWAP spread to Borno south in our eyes, and even killed Shekarau, but una dey tell me for here say dey are defeated... It seems some of you here are comedians, a terrorist group that is defeated shouldn't be able to expand their territory grin

The Nigerien and chandian militart are not as powerful as the Nigerian military, what is stopping ISWAP to capture Niamey or N'Djamina? Even Somalia that is a yama yama country, the terrorists there do not currently have the capability to attack and take over the country capital... But una want make we dey dance for here because ISWAP is not in Abuja grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
NewDelhi:
So you deserve to be captured and red-hot metal rod forced up your ass for that statement of yours.
I take it with honor as a combatant but first you have to capture me alive which I promise you will be in the reverse order and when I capture you the things that will be done to you cannot be stated on Nairaland but I can assure you that death will be the easiest path for you because you will be begging to die but even death will be elusive from you while you're begging for it. Such a scoundrel. You still dey learn work.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lami1996: 4:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The Talibans have more access to finance, where they can train and operate from etc.

Ethiopian couldn't defeat the Tigrayan army, see as people dey downgrade the Ethiopian army, Nigeria is also struggling against terrorists in her backyard for more than 10 years, but una go wail if them talk say the Nigerian army is incompetent.

Some people don dey wail about looting in SA, while bandits and Fulani heardsmen are busy raising down villages and killing people here in Nigeria.

For more than a week now, the DSS said they have found weapons in Sunday Igboho house, still yet, they haven't charge him to court... Nigeria is one of the few countries this kind of yama yama fit happen grin

Well sha, anyhow sha. The Talibans can't survive for up to a week in any US territory. ISIS can't survive for a week in any part of America.

Only in failing countries do terrorists hold sway. ISWAP spread to Borno south in our eyes, and even killed Shekarau, but una dey tell me for here say dey are defeated... It seems some of you here are comedians, a terrorist group that is defeated shouldn't be able to expand their territory grin

The Nigerien and chandian militart are not as powerful as the Nigerian military, what is stopping ISWAP to capture Niamey or N'Djamina? Even Somalia that is a yama yama country, the terrorists there do not currently have the capability to attack and take over the country capital... But una want make we dey dance for here because ISWAP is not in Abuja grin
So Egypt is a failing country too because ISIL holds certain territory too there. Wow.
You said why haven't Sunday igboho been charged,no be person wey dem see dem go charge,make he show face na.
Too many emotions and not facts. Relax bro.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
Lami1996:

So Egypt is a failing country too because ISIL holds certain territory too there. Wow.
You said why haven't Sunday igboho been charged,no be person wey dem see dem go charge,make he show face na.
Too many emotions and not facts. Relax bro.
You asked me a question once, I replied you and you didn't say anything. Hope you read the reply from someone else about how I knew more than 100 people have been killed by terrorist?

Most of the countries terrorists hold sway are failing countries. Are you now happy? I wish you can fully see how relax I am, I only speak with facts cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

And so what is stopping ISWAP from capturing Maiduguri, Abuja, and Lagos?
I have told you before that you don't have sense, your cries, and bitterness, and wails will soon consume you, it's always a thing of joy to me and others when you cry of pains and bitterness, we survives with it, keep crying for us always.
Now keep posting your fake news, and Sahara reporters, and getting humiliated like the one you received the last time.

15 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
[/b]Guys on my Facebook wall it's all news about the super tucano, even Sahara Reporters are not left out about the good news[b]

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Roan77:

And so what is stopping ISWAP from capturing Maiduguri, Abuja, and Lagos?
I have told you before that you don't have sense, your cries, and bitterness, and wails will soon consume you, it's always a thing of joy to me and others when you cry of pains and bitterness, we survives with it, keep crying for us always.
Now keep posting your fake news, and Sahara reporters, and getting humiliated like the one you received the last time.
Your papa for house no get sense. What is stopping terrorists groups from taking over Cairo in egypt or Mogadishu in Somalia.

Your father is a mad dog.

If I knew you're this f00lish, I won't have been replying your mention. I will start treating your foolish papa like a leper he is bu always snubbing your papa.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Parachoko: 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Your papa for house no get sense. What is stopping terrorists groups from taking over Cairo in egypt or Mogadishu in Somalia.

If I knew you're this f00lish, I won't have been replying your mention. I will start treating your foolish papa like a leper he is bu always snubbing your papa.
This is too much Mr man. Though he abused you first, but you shouldn't go that way with him.

My 1 kobo advise.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NewDelhi(m): 5:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
Covert1:

I take it with honor as a combatant but first you have to capture me alive which I promise you will be in the reverse order and when I capture you the things that will be done to you cannot be stated on Nairaland but I can assure you that death will be the easiest path for you because you will be begging to die but even death will be elusive from you while you're begging for it. Such a scoundrel. You still dey learn work.
My friend shut up there. If you no careful I go track you down and treat your fvck up for that same Nigerian army wey you dey.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Still you don't have sense, we enjoy your pains.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
grin grin

We have a lot of keyboard warriors here sha.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:
[/b]Guys on my Facebook wall it's all news about the super tucano, even Sahara Reporters are not left out about the good news[b]

Some people will not have a sound sleep tonight.
Heavy chest pains for them this night.
God is good.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
Roan77:

Some people will not have a sound sleep tonight.
Heavy chest pains for them this night.
God is good.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
Major Defense Equipment (MDE):

One hundred (100) GBU-12 (500lb) Paveway II (PW-II) Tailkits

One hundred (100) GBU-58 (250lb) PW-II Tailkits

Four hundred (400) Laser Guided Rockets including Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS)

Two thousand (2,000) MK-81 (250lb) bombs

Five thousand (5,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (70mm rockets)

One thousand (1,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (practice)

Twenty thousand (20,000) Rounds, .50 Caliber Machine Gun Ammo

Does this mean only 400 of the 5000 rockets will be laser guided?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Parachoko:
This is too much Mr man. Though he abused you first, but you shouldn't go that way with him.

My 1 kobo advise.
Respect is reciprocal.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Whyem15:

Four hundred (400) Laser Guided Rockets including Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS)

But then, 7 of the tucanos are coming with this;
AN/AAQ-22F Brite Star Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Multi-Sensor Targeting System developed by FLIR. The system is a five field-of-view (FOV) large format thermal imager, three FOV color daylight camera with laser designator for terminal guidance of LGBs and IR-guided rockets.

Weapons experts please help.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
Whyem15:
Major Defense Equipment (MDE):

One hundred (100) GBU-12 (500lb) Paveway II (PW-II) Tailkits

One hundred (100) GBU-58 (250lb) PW-II Tailkits

Two thousand (2,000) MK-81 (250lb) bombs

Five thousand (5,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (70mm rockets)

One thousand (1,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (practice)

Twenty thousand (20,000) Rounds, .50 Caliber Machine Gun Ammo

I think this is just the first munition procurement that comes with the aircraft, subsequent procurement would be done has time goes on. Although am a little bit disappointed in the initial purchase of munitions for the Tucanos.
We need more of the precision guided munitions for these boko's, we have to send a strong message out there has soon as these birds starts flying.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You guys are making it sound as if ISWAP have been defeated grin

The Taliban can't be compared to Boko Haram, compare Alqaeda to Boko Haram not the

I no get strength for argument jawe. I won't be shock if AskiaHarem say the Nigerian army will defeat the taliban's in Afghanistan grin
you seem to forget not too long ago your glorified USA designated Boko haram deadliest world terror group above alqaeda and Taliban.

So please stop looking down on the Nigerian military, with what they have since inception they have never dissapointed and am certain won't disappoint weda Boko or bandits or ESN etc

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
Whyem15:

But then, 7 of the tucanos are coming with this;
AN/AAQ-22F Brite Star Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Multi-Sensor Targeting System developed by FLIR. The system is a five field-of-view (FOV) large format thermal imager, three FOV color daylight camera with laser designator for terminal guidance of LGBs and IR-guided rockets.

Weapons experts please help.

Am just hearing this please ?
Only 7 of them are coming with optical/infrared targeting system
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
Covert1:

You might want to show us where BHT captured Nigerian soldiers en masse like happened with the Ethiopian army in Tigray.

I hope you know the meaning of the word en masse? Pls look it up before you answer I'm not won't to add that to your education. Some of you pained folks are so s.ick upstairs with hatred of Nigeria that you even deny things that are self evident with the world as witness.

And let me add capturing one Nigerian soldier is not a common feat. By Nigerian military indoctrination most commanders would rather die with their men or make a tactical withdrawal to fight another day which you bet is written in stone which must and always happens than to be captured alive for enemy propaganda. You attack us we are coming back stronger not capitulating in defeat like the Ethiopian Army.

Does it happen betimes, yes! But in the fog of war. But when compared with other african militaries it is highly rare to see a captured Nigerian soldier talk less of an officer. Please where did you see a Nigerian Army officer captured? At least in the numbers you insinuate, you must be a joke. You might show us the Air Force officer shot down many years ago but how bravely did he take his death with honor no flinching, and how many others either crashed or got shot down but rather chose to perish with their aircrafts than be captured alive. Pls spare us your false tirade.

And stop insulting us with Ethiopia that depends on aid to fund its budget and feed its people suffering from famine and whose soldiers barely have body armour or kit like a basic infantry soldier of the Nigerian Army which are arguably the best kitted in Africa.
Spoken like a real Patriot God bless you richly, God bless Nigeria.

The Nigerian Army needs to upgrade it's motto to victory comes from God and better preparation.. remember we now have a space force grin I love Naija ooo no dulling bandits, Boko, ESN, Fulani gun men unknown gun men that are well known to tribal and religious bigots ur ends are all near

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:

Am just hearing this please ?
Only 7 of them are coming with optical/infrared targeting system

Non-Major Defense Equipment (MDE): This request also includes the following Non-MDE: Twelve (12) A-29 Super Tucano aircraft, seven (7) AN/AAQ-22F Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Sensor and Laser Designators, Initial Spares, Readiness Spares Package, Consumables, Support Equipment, Technical Data, Repair and Return Start Printed Page 40759Support, Facilities infrastructure and hangar construction, Night Vision Devices (NVDs), Contract Logistics Services (CLS), Contractor Provided Familiarization and Training, USG Manpower and Services, Field Service Representatives, Training Services (pilot training, USAF training, early A-29 training, flight leader upgrade training, travel and living allowance, maintenance training, specialized training, computer-based training, night vision device training, human rights and international humanitarian law, and munitions training), Training Simulators, Air Worthiness Support, Forward Operating Base Facilities, Forward Operating Location Support, Ferrying, and Non-recurring Engineering. Additionally, all aircraft will include weapons software to support forward looking infrared sensors (FLIRs), ancillary system

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.