Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1960) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3020010 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2021
The Director Defense Information, Maj. Gen. Benjamin Sawyerr, Commends Channels Television Reportage, Programming, Seek Partnership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8l6W-iivmc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2021
A quick fighter aircraft lesson by the experts

This aeronautical engineer gives an impressive overview of the JF-17 Thunder. A lot of selling points important for air dominance in combat. The ability for quick turn around maintenance, thrust to weight ratio...specifically developed and matured by the PAF to meet desired air superiority requirements and very importantly the stand-off weapon delivery capability a huge technological jump from legacy fighters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QukJN5ngw2s

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH1QQdfSzKw

Finally with this acquisition Nigeria now has for the first time in over 25 years achieved a viable element of deterrence against state & non-state actors in the region. With the M346FA augmenting the JF-17s, F-7s and the A-29 Super Tucanos the NAF now has the strategic and tactical advantage of air power over its existing and potential enemies. This calls for a neat drink to the health of the Nigerian Air Force and the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria! Cheers!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
EXCLUSIVE: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Abducted From Nigerian Defence Academy

SharaReporters learnt that apart from the unfriendly weather which makes the terrain difficult for the military Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft, the bandits are reportedly to be firing at approaching military aircraft.

Troops of the Nigerian Army and military aircraft searching for Major Christopher Datong, abducted by bandits during an attack on the Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna State, are reportedly having a tough time, top military sources told SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters learnt that apart from the unfriendly weather which makes the terrain difficult for the military Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft, the bandits are reportedly to be firing at approaching military aircraft.

“Of course, there are several groups of bandits, and no one is 100 per cent sure which group is holding the Major. You cannot bomb them because you want to ensure you do not destroy the victim with the suspects. The weather is also not helpful. They shoot at military aircraft if you fly too low. They shot at our aircraft, including these ones conducting the search. So, the guys searching from air are not able to search all day,” one of the sources said.

When asked if the military was negotiating the payment of ransoms, another source said, “That is unconfirmed. No bandit can approach the military for ransom. That is the height of death. We cannot think it not to talk of paying ransom,” he replied.

SaharaReporters had on Wednesday reported that the Defence Headquarters, Abuja was coordinating a search and rescue operation for Major Datong.

The DHQ, in a release by Maj Gen Benjamin Sawyer, the Director, Defence Information, had stated this.

“Let me use this opportunity, to reiterate that the NDA authorities, acting on the directive of the Chief of Defence Staff has constituted a board of enquiry to ascertain the remote and immediate cause(s) of the breach of security with a view to sanction any personnel found culpable and also prevent future occurrence.

“Let me also assure that we shall continue to update the general public as events unfold as we are all aware the search and rescue of the abducted officer is still on. Troops of the Armed Forces of Nigeria will continue with its operations to ensure all those involved in the dastardly act are brought to justice,” he had said.

SaharaReporters had earlier reported that Datong is still alive, according to a family source.

A family member of the officer had told SaharaReporters on Wednesday that contrary to reports, he had not been killed and he was still alive.

“He is still alive. I can confirm it to you,” the source told SaharaReporters.

The Nigerian Defence Academy, the military’s foremost training institution in the country, had confirmed that gunmen, believed to be bandits, invaded the facility, killed two officers and abducted one other.

The NDA Spokesman, Major Bashir Jajira, in a release, had noted that the Nigerian Army and Air Training Command as well as other security agencies in Kaduna state had commenced a “pursuit of the unknown gunmen within the general area.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/27/exclusive-bandits-shoot-military-aircraft-searching-major-abducted-nigerian-defence
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2021
guess my English Language comprehension is lacking. That article sounds to me they are suggesting we currently use them

Roan77:

We were flying mig 21 fighter jets before it was retired.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2021
Covert1:

Finally with this acquisition Nigeria now has for the first time in over 25 years achieved a viable element of deterrence against state & non-state actors in the region. With the M346FA augmenting the JF-17s, F-7s and the A-29 Super Tucanos the NAF now has the strategic and tactical advantage of air power over its existing and potential enemies. This calls for a neat drink to the health of the Nigerian Air Force and the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria! Cheers!

These new jets might well mean JF - 17 may not be procured further?

In other news

I think we should quit calling them 'bandits', it's a terrorist organisation albeit based largely on loose ideologies operating in the NC, NW.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2021
BlackBaron:

These new jets might well mean JF - 17 may not be procured further?

In other news

I think we should quit calling them 'bandits', it's a terrorist organisation albeit based largely on loose ideologies operating in the NC, NW.
What the diff btw bandits and terrorist
Terrorist seek to force ideology upon the area they seek to dominate... This ideology could be religious or political...eg. BH and IPOB by Nigeria govt. definition
While bandits don't impose ideaolgy but go after Innocents property by looting and exacting destruction... Banditry now in Nigeria is sometimes as good as armed robbery or kidnapping...
However, both Bandits and terrorist should be treated with same prejudice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
BlackBaron:

These new jets might well mean JF - 17 may not be procured

Alas to the contrary they will be otherwise there would be a yawning hole in our air power posture. We have since dealt with it on the other page, the differerence between both jets and their roles. please refer there.

In lay man's terms look at it this way. The NAF in the 80's operated the MiG-21, Jaguar and the Alpha Jets now it is replacing those aircrafts and in the order of their roles with the JF-17s (which covers the stop-gap measures of the F-7s still active in the NAF), the M346FA and the A-29 Super Tucanos. The NAF works based on plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QukJN5ngw2s

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I can't answer on behalf of the retired Commodore. The man don talk say he sabi names, why he didn't mention is what I don't know. But I feel the government can take it up from where he stop.

If the Government wants him to mention name, they can send the DSS, as usual. If he has no tangible names and evidence to give, he can be sued to court and used as an example to others.

If the govt should do this, I'm sure you will copy from Saharareporters the news with a caption, "govt silences naval Commodore" and paste it here, meanwhile na you dey give govt the expo o. Well, the rtd Commodore made some allegations, the onus lies on him to lay it bare to the public with proofs that cannot be doubted.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 8:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
Nigerian Air Force JF-17 Thunder Fighter Jets

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
Uncle Sam is excited too about the A-29 Super Tucano aircrafts in the hands of the NAF. This is not Afghanistan. They know what we can do.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTFk7VxoBTA/?utm_medium=share_sheet

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

What the diff btw bandits and terrorist
Terrorist seek to force ideology upon the area they seek to dominate... This ideology could be religious or political...eg. BH and IPOB by Nigeria govt. definition
While bandits don't impose ideaolgy but go after Innocents property by looting and exacting destruction... Banditry now in Nigeria is sometimes as good as armed robbery or kidnapping...
However, both Bandits and terrorist should be treated with same prejudice.

There are different types of terrorism, political, criminal, quasi, religious etc. Pick which one so called bandits belong.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2021
Geronimoe:

If the govt should do this, I'm sure you will copy from Saharareporters the news with a caption, "govt silences naval Commodore" and paste it here, meanwhile na you dey give govt the expo o. Well, the rtd Commodore made some allegations, the onus lies on him to lay it bare to the public with proofs that cannot be doubted.
Nah because the Government they do as if they do not know about what he is saying am talking about inviting him. I'm sure there are some white paper report that have been summited in the past they can just go through.

I have no problem with the DSS inviting anybody for questioning. But it shouldn't be done like that of Sunday Igboho own.

Sunday Igboho house was attacked late in the night, they shot dead two innocent civilians, and kidnap the rest.

But this government is clueless, even the BDC operators they told us were funding Boko Haram months ago, we no hear anything about them.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:13am On Aug 28, 2021
My area is under attack. Gunshots. We just ran away from home. People screaming. Just pray we make it

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NewDelhi(m): 3:54am On Aug 28, 2021
Allahu Akbar!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 4:12am On Aug 28, 2021
NewDelhi:
Allahu Akbar!
Toh!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 4:13am On Aug 28, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
My area is under attack. Gunshots. We just ran away from home. People screaming. Just pray we make it
May God be with you guys and safe guard you
Stay safe

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 6:42am On Aug 28, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Hope you made it to a safe place?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:57am On Aug 28, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

I hope you're safe.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2021
kabe1:

I hope you're safe.
We were told to go back to our homes. The motorbike battalion NA arrived. Made some speeches, saying we should go to bed. They left. Arrived home, saw plenty broken molotov cocktails everywhere. Still tensed. Learnt they are coming for us. They have advantage. They are on higher ground.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:19am On Aug 28, 2021
demolition:

Hope you made it to a safe place?

Yhh, we are for now. Thanks very much.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:20am On Aug 28, 2021
arantess:

May God be with you guys and safe guard you
Stay safe
Amen bro
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by questB: 8:30am On Aug 28, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

May Rifle be with you and keep you safe bro...!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2021
The Plateau State House of Assembly has asked residents in troubled areas in the state to take up arms and defend themselves.

Hundreds have been killed in the crisis engulfing several areas in Plateau State.

Chairman, House Committee on Information, Philip Dasun at a news conference on Friday said the Assembly sympathised with the government and people of Plateau State on the barbaric and dastardly killings that have been taking place in different communities of Bassa, Barkin Ladi, Bokkos, Jos North, Jos South, Mangu, Riyom, University of Jos Community and recently that of Yelwa Zangam.

He said the House condemned all these killings in totality, as they were not acceptable and condemnable.

“We commiserate with the families of all those who lost their loved ones during these attacks. We strongly call on Plateau people to practically stand up and defend themselves and their communities, as the conventional security design is no longer guaranteeing our safety as a people.

“We commend the youths on the Plateau for sustained coordinated and organized campaigns against the killings and as well the courage to make it go viral by sending strong messages to the world using the dead bodies of the mayhem on the social media and the streets of Jos; the display of the corpses in the House is a sign that they recognized the authority of the House of Assembly as an institution that can speak for the people. We greatly appreciate that action,” he said.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/08/27/plateau-assembly-asks-residents-to-take-up-arms-defend-themselves/

See what GMB incompetence is turning Nigeria into

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 28, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
Stay safe bro
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 28, 2021
AskiaHarem fit kuku com ask for evidence there was an attack grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 28, 2021
By promising to strike the extremists who killed 13 Americans and dozens of Afghans, President Joe Biden now confronts the reality of finding and targeting them in an unstable country without U.S. military and intelligence teams on the ground and no help from a friendly government in Kabul.

Late Friday, U.S. Central Command Capt. Bill Urban said that the U.S. military carried out an unmanned airstrike in Afghanistan's Nangahar province targeting an "ISIS-K planner."

"Initial indications are that we killed the target. We know of no civilian casualties," Urban said in a statement.

The Pentagon said the airstrike was a retaliation for the deadly Kabul airport attack.

The president was warned Friday to expect another lethal attack in the closing days of a frantic U.S.-led evacuation. White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Biden's national security team offered a grim outlook.

"They advised the president and vice president that another terror attack in Kabul is likely, but that they are taking maximum force protection measures at the Kabul airport,” Psaki said, echoing what the Pentagon has been saying since the bombing Thursday at Kabul airport that pushed the White House deeper into crisis over a chaotic and deadly conclusion to a war that began nearly 20 years ago.

The State Department again urged Americans to stay away from airport gates, including “the New Ministry of Interior gate.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/another-kabul-terror-attack-likely-president-biden-advised/2642502/%3famp
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

We were told to go back to our homes. The motorbike battalion NA arrived. Made some speeches, saying we should go to bed. They left. Arrived home, saw plenty broken molotov cocktails everywhere. Still tensed. Learnt they are coming for us. They have advantage. They are on higher ground.

You need to ensure that you are vigilant and safe.

I will advice you leave that entire area. Do what you need to do to stay safe.

Man get only one head oh.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Terrorists named current Govs, Senators, Aso Rock officials as sponsors during interrogation – Ex-Naval Officer

A former Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, has said that Boko Haram terrorists mentioned names of current governors, senators and Aso Rock officials as sponsors during interrogation but the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has demonstrated unwillingness to go after the high-profile politicians for reasons best known to it.

Olawunmi spoke on Wednesday when he featured on Channels Television’s ‘Sunrise Daily’ breakfast programme monitored by The PUNCH.

He described as an “aberration”, Tuesday attack by bloodthirsty bandits on the Kaduna campus of Nigeria’s foremost military university, the Nigerian Defence Academy, where two military officers were killed and another kidnapped.

“It is an aberration; you don’t attack the Nigerian Defence Academy and get away with it,” he lamented, adding that the NDA, like other military environments in the country, carelessly opens its doors to everyone on Friday for Jumat prayer.

‘Terrorists profile security environments during Muslim prayer on Friday’

Olawunmi said terrorists and criminals profile military environments during Muslim prayers on Fridays.

He said, “In 2017, I carried out an investigation by the minister of defence that wanted me to check what was going on with the training and the security there (NDA). I remember I spent about a week in the NDA with the commandant and the staff but something struck me: every Friday, the gate of NDA is thrown open and everybody has access to pray in the mosque.

“On Fridays, you are going to see same thing happening across all military formations in the country…If you go to Defence Headquarters, I served at the Defence Headquarters as the Deputy Director, Defence Administration between 2015 and 2017, throughout my two years at the Defence Headquarters, I received visitors twice because of the strict security architecture there but every Friday, the gate of the Defence Headquarters is thrown wide open for everybody to come in and observe Jumat.

“That is the time the terrorists have the time to profile our security environment. It has always been the case. I have served the military intelligence for the past 35 years. Our problem is religion and socio-cultural.”

Furthermore, Olawunmi, a Professor of Global Security Studies, said he was a member of the Intelligence Brief at the Defence Headquarters during the leadership of the then Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin (retd.).

The intelligence expert said he told the then CDS that the centre of gravity of the Boko Haram insurgency ravaging the North-East and spreading to other parts of Nigeria was the sponsors.

“I told General Olonisakin then that the centre of this problem cannot be solved the same way we solved the problem of the Niger Delta. The Niger Delta problem was solved during (Ex-President Umaru) Yar’adua basically by me and I told them that we can’t use that same template for Boko Haram.

“I told General Olonisakin to look at the centre of gravity of the problem. I was made a member of the committee in 2016-2017 including (Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahi) Attahiru that died.

“I told them that the centre of gravity of Boko Haram in Nigeria is the sponsors of the programme. It was beyond us because the job we needed to do was kinetic but we cannot resolve issues of sponsors of Boko Haram that were in Buhari’s government that we know them. That was why we couldn’t pursue that aspect that could have resolved the issue because we need to arrest people.”

‘Why Buhari refused to prosecute 400 Boko Haram sponsors'

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, had earlier in the year said the Nigerian Government arrested some Bureau De Change operators who were facilitating the transfer of money to Boko Haram terrorists.

Olawunmi said the government has not been able to prosecute the sponsors because it is allegedly partisan.

He said, “Recently, 400 people were gathered as sponsors of Boko Haram, why is it that the Buhari government has refused to try them? Why can’t this government bring them to trial if not that they are partisan and part of the charade that is going on?

“You remember this Boko Haram issue started in 2012 and I was in the military intelligence at that time. We arrested those people. My organisation actually conducted interrogation and they (suspects) mentioned names. I can’t come on air and start mentioning names of people that are presently in government that I know that the boys that we arrested mentioned. Some of them are governors now, some of them are in the Senate, some of them are in Aso Rock.

“Why should a government decide to cause this kind of embarrassment and insecurity to the sense of what happened yesterday (Tuesday at the NDA)?” he queried, adding that terrorist financiers want to turn Nigeria to Taliban type of country.

‘DSS has information on terrorism sponsors but can’t act without Buhari’s order’

Olawunmi also said that the Department of State Services has tremendous information on terrorists but they can’t do anything except the body language of the Commander-In-Chief.

He, however, expressed hope that the next Nigerian President in 2023 might have the willpower to bring the high-profile sponsors of Boko Haram to book.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that a former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Obadiah Mailafia, said in August 2020 that repentant terrorists revealed that a serving northern governor is a Boko Haram leader.

For over 10 years, the Boko Haram terror group had killed hundreds of Nigerians in the North-East. The sect had also burnt down and bombed scores of villages as well as churches. The Nigerian Army and the Presidency had at several times claimed the group had been ‘technically defeated’ and ‘weakened’ but the bloodthirsty terrorist faction continues to strike with daring effrontery and crude savagery.

https://punchng.com/terrorists-named-current-govs-senators-aso-rock-officials-as-sponsors-during-interrogation-ex-naval-officer/

Finally,names and hard evidence confirms what most of us have known for a long time!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 10:20am On Aug 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Nah because the Government they do as if they do not know about what he is saying am talking about inviting him. I'm sure there are some white paper report that have been summited in the past they can just go through.

I have no problem with the DSS inviting anybody for questioning. But it shouldn't be done like that of Sunday Igboho own.

Sunday Igboho house was attacked late in the night, they shot dead two innocent civilians, and kidnap the rest.

But this government is clueless, even the BDC operators they told us were funding Boko Haram months ago, we no hear anything about them.

OK sir.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2021
Litmus:
I still dont get it, what did this naval officer with 35 years of meritorious service in the Nigerian military intelligence reveal?
Which national figures did he name to begin with before evidence can be sort?

Please o I have no ego when it comes to learning...

Guy me too dey wonder o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.