Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3037184 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:56am On Aug 29, 2021
There's something going on in the COIN of borno that calls for concern. In recent time ISWAP attacks have reduced significantly and even when they attack these days it doesn't seem to carry much weight.

My best guess is either they are conserving their ammo and resources for dry season offensive or JF17 have been carrying out precision strike to wipe out their guntrucks.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2021
youghs:
There's something going on in the COIN of borno that calls for concern. In recent time ISWAP attacks have reduced significantly and even when they attack these days it doesn't seem to carry much weight.

My best guess is either they are conserving their ammo and resources for dry season offensive or JF17 have been carrying out precision strike to wipe out their guntrucks.

It has always been like this in raining seasons, heavy equipment can't be used because of terrains. There are some settlements that are even completely inaccessible until the beginning of the dry season. However, the rate and scale of attacks has significantly reduced when compared to previous years raining season. I don't know when the raining season starts in that part of the country but attacks has been waning since late April. Could be because they were focusing on JAS.
Also, most of their attacks have been ending in futility. They've been reduced to looters sacking weak settlements for resources. Apart from capturing ex-JAS areas, they've not had any meaningful success in several months.

Nonetheless, expect at least 3 daring attacks once the ground starts becoming firm again. Especially at those locations that are being resettled by the government and people of Borno

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 9:40am On Aug 29, 2021
I asked this project a while ago. Glad it is progressing.

Abhay Thakur, Indian high commissioner to Nigeria, says his country and Nigeria are working on developing an improvised explosive device (IED) detector to tackle insecurity

We are also jointly developing an improvised explosive device detector, which will work at a standoff range of 15 metres.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/insecurity-india-partnering-with-nigeria-to-develop-ied-detector-says-envoy&ved=2ahUKEwjbuu3d6tXyAhXD8OAKHfbLDiAQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1GM1dFYMkDN1BdQvp8m2dM

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 29, 2021
Two women drag an armed policeman who assaulted them during a stop and search. The policeman is alleged to have hit one of the women his gun which led to her bleeding profusely from the mouth.

The two women hold on tightly to his uniform and one of the woman's husband's can be seen in the video shouting "See what he did to my wife".

The police officer can be seen desperately struggling to wrench the womens' grip off his uniform while voices in the background can be heard yelling at the women not to release their grip.

It is not clear what led to the altercation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDImq6nrz4

The nigerian police force have learnt nothing from the ENDSARS protest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:50am On Aug 29, 2021
An estimated 77 vehicles were stripped, destroyed or stolen from security forces; police, Army and CTJF units, comprising of heavy transport trucks, pick up in normal and gun truck configuration and armoured fighting vehicles; Isotrex Legion and Phantom II, Otokar Cobra, FV-103, Panhard AML-60, Mowag Piranha, Panhard VBL, Panhard ERC-90, Steyr 4K 7FA, BTR-4, Nigerian Army built Ezugwu and Conqueror, Vickers, T-55 and T-72AV MBT.

The number of these armoured vehicles that were unserviceable and abandoned is unknown but the diversity of the stockpile and location of incidents indicate that the vehicles were either used in defensive or offensive roles.

More than 30 gun trucks were either destroyed, damaged or captured by the Nigerian troops with 13 recorded as the military was pushing back an ISWAP attack on a military formation in new Marte in January. A significant proportion of the gun trucks, mostly Toyota Hilux and Buffalo land cruisers, are originally those of the Nigerian military lost in ambushes and large scale attacks on units.

ISWAP usually destroys armoured vehicles after stripping them of useful parts, likely because of the vulnerability of heavy armour to airstrikes or lack of expertise, or both factors.

Obviously, the report didn't factor weapons destroyed in air interdiction operations that has not been reported since the new service chiefs took over.

This is also part of the reasons I'm glad the tucanos were bought. If you've watched some of the CAS videos released by DHQ, you will notice the aircrafts struggling to destroy the gun trucks, at times firing 2-3 rockets before slightly destroying the targets.
The APKWS coming with the tucanos, will do the job nearly with one rocket and from afar at that. This will tilt the balance more in favor of the military.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:54am On Aug 29, 2021
And then when you factor in the vehicles the terrorist lost to our neighbors, their losses might be far more significant.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:40am On Aug 29, 2021
youghs:

The Terrain in Northern and Deep Central Borno do not allow easy movements during the raining season.

An Example is Rann in Kala Balge LGA, once it’s the raining season Soldiers and locals can’t move out with vehicles except on foot or Donkeys. From July everyone starts stockpiling his/her three months food stuff.

Fishing Period don Dey reach too wink if you know you know wink

LAC region

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The Terrain in Northern and Deep Central Borno do not allow easy movements during the raining season.

An Example is Rann in Kala Balge LGA, once it’s the raining season Soldiers and locals can’t move out with vehicles except on foot or Donkeys. From July everyone starts stockpiling his/her three months food stuff.

Fishing Period don Dey reach too wink if you know you know wink

LAC region

Good day bro.
How far with air traffic over there, any significant changes in numbers of sorties?

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
There is this guy on Twitter who claimed the remaining 50 isotrex legion MRAP had been delivered and he saw them parked in a military camp while passing through, efforts to get him to share pictures were unsuccessful and he has since deleted the tweets.

Remember that the Army opted for 60 isotrex legion MRAP and 24 phantoms APC rather than 10 T-90 tanks. 10 of the legion MRAP were delivered before the offensive operation earlier this year and at least 3 were destroyed or captured.
Does anyone have any information/pictures as to the rest of the legions being delivered?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
NafeesaAA:

How far have they come with that plot since 2007 as the man alleged?

The fellow said nothing new. Nnamdi Kanu, FFK, Igboho, CAN and the likes have all said these things a million times. Another recurrent thing about them all is the absolute lack of evidence or proof beyond conjecture and speculation.

The Intelligence guy spewed loads of propaganda garbed in the robes of an expert appealing to fallacy ad verecundiam.

I have been hearing these tales, this gobbledegook since I was a kid, I am still waiting for its manifestation.

PS

Make una no kee me with laugh for dis country o. See cruise na. � In Hausa language, we call it "Kanza Kurege" Ask qny Core Hausa person to tell you the meaning.

Good morning, JUMA'AT Mubarak �

You should read your write up again then look in the mirror, you have described yourself to a tee.

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
youghs:

I feel those people are leaving that theatre in droves, to other part of the country. They are arriving in the North West, in large numbers. We need to counter this mass exodus of terrorists. It will be very bad if we can't contain them to one region.

P.S Jos still tensed with uneasy quietness. Thanks to everyone who enquired about me. War is not funny. The vulnerable and weak pay the price for dirty politics.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
Whyem15:
There is this guy on Twitter who claimed the remaining 50 isotrex legion MRAP had been delivered and he saw them parked in a military camp while passing through, efforts to get him to share pictures were unsuccessful and he has since deleted the tweets.

Remember that the Army opted for 60 isotrex legion MRAP and 24 phantoms APC rather than 10 T-90 tanks. 10 of the legion MRAP were delivered before the offensive operation earlier this year and at least 3 were destroyed or captured.
Does anyone have any information/pictures as to the rest of the legions being delivered?

Highly possible. Two Brand new MRAPS came to my Brigade Yesterday. The Military were even testing the MRAPs Mounted guns.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
Whyem15:

Good day bro.
How far with air traffic over there, any significant changes in numbers of sorties?

I barely see jets this period sincerely. Looks like the Airforce have reduced Alpha jets flying. Tho I see Heli once in a while

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Highly possible. Two Brand new MRAPS came to my Brigade Yesterday. The Military were even testing the MRAPs Mounted guns.

This one that it's looking like they are planning to use them for defense again like this..... Equipment that they are meant to be warming up for the next offensive.
I really wish the Army can switch from 12.7mm to 14.5mm on guntrucks and turrets.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
I think Nigerian military and iswap....are building up for the next fighting season....both sides are in blocking position and harbouring gathering resources....come November hell would be let loose.
But I must say this year has been more quiet than the past for BHT.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Coolliot:
I think Nigerian military and iswap....are building up for the next fighting season....both sides are in blocking position and harbouring gathering resources....come November hell would be let loose.
But I must say this year has been more quiet than the past for BHT.

They might not stand a fighting chance, the top brass have all had some first hand battle experience and they aren't smiling too.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
cutievik:

They might not stand a fighting chance, the top brass have all had some first hand battle experience and they aren't smiling too.

Exactly.....and with the rebirth of the airforce, and I'm of the believe that we are buying all these aircraft with precision bombs.... and the new tactic of airforce bombing and army going in to finish off, we might start see bht casualties in the 00s.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Salatavor: 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Two women drag an armed policeman who assaulted them during a stop and search. The policeman is alleged to have hit one of the women his gun which led to her bleeding profusely from the mouth.

The two women hold on tightly to his uniform and one of the woman's husband's can be seen in the video shouting "See what he did to my wife".

The police officer can be seen desperately struggling to wrench the womens' grip off his uniform while voices in the background can be heard yelling at the women not to release their grip.

It is not clear what led to the altercation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDImq6nrz4

The nigerian police force have learnt nothing from the ENDSARS protest
This is their standards. What we have is a woman beating capable armed forces... This man reflects everything we need to know about the Nigerian Security Services.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Falcon84: 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
For those who have a netflix subscription, watch "medal of honor"

Such courage and valor

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
Salatavor:
This is their standards. What we have is a woman beating capable armed forces... This man reflects everything we need to know about the Nigerian Security Services.

Believe it or not, Salatavor, there aren’t many polices forces internationally whose officers would tolerate the pulling and pushing these Nigerian women subjected the Nigerian police office to in the Video in spite of the police Officer’s prior inhumane assault. Do you know that I was watching CNN or Aljazeera’s coverage of some of the disturbances that followed George Floyd’s death, and on one late evening capture, a black woman could be seen remonstrating with a white police officer that had manhandled her off camera. She flayed at the officer, as women do when they become irate, and the white officer’s police partner, an African American, stepped between them and gave the black woman a vicious left hook that knocked her down and flat out.

I was shocked that the news readers did not remark on the event when viewing cut back to them in the studio. Before this I had thought that the clip was to highlight this brutal incident but it seems the clip was in order to highlight something else. Her attack was merely incidental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rbZRr9q_qo

This may be the incident; however, i can see that the black woman punched the white officer, which wasn’t in my recollections

Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSktBppDiLg

I’m not condoning police brutality, all these officers deserve suspension and the publics anger, I’m just concerned that we Nigerians are working ourselves up to such a state of righteous indignation , we are willing to tear ourselves apart in the belief that we are uniquely terrible people enduring uniquely terrible circumstances.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Litmus:

Believe it or not, Salatavor, there aren’t many polices forces internationally whose officers would tolerate the pulling and pushing these Nigerian women subjected the Nigerian police office to in the Video in spite of the police Officer’s prior inhumane assault. Do you know that I was watching CNN or Aljazeera’s coverage of some of the disturbances that followed George Floyd’s death, and on one late evening capture, a black woman could be seen remonstrating with a white police officer that had manhandled her off camera. She flayed at the officer, as women do when they become irate, and the white officer’s police partner, an African American, stepped between them and gave the black woman a vicious left hook that knocked her down and flat out.

I was shocked that the news readers did not remark on the event when viewing cut back to them in the studio. Before this I had thought that the clip was to highlight this brutal incident but it seems the clip was in order to highlight something else. Her attack was merely incidental.

This may be the incident; however, i can see that the black woman punched the white officer, which wasn’t in my recollections

Bonus:

I’m not condoning police brutality, all these officers deserve suspension and the publics anger, I’m just concerned that we Nigerians are working ourselves up to such a state of righteous indignation , we are willing to tear ourselves apart in the belief that we are uniquely terrible people enduring uniquely terrible circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
Litmus:

Bonus:

That is a one sided story,up there.
Most times when Nigerians are stopped by the police they are already on the offensive not even bothering to know the reason for their stop.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
Whyem15:

highly true, because i saw 4 heavy truck with new military vehicle and 5 heavily armed escort passing through lokoja

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
It's a series
Falcon84:
For those who have a netflix subscription, watch "medal of honor"

Such courage and valor
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
One day, we will talk about the discipline of manning weapons at all times and how the lack of it has cost us a lot of lives and money. In many of ISWAP's successful attacks, the reason they destroy armoured vehicles is because they are usually not manned and in the event of a surprise attack, the terrorist creates a panic that prevent trooos from getting to those vehicles which they then eventually burn.
Having a driver and a gunner at all times manning such vehicles could be the difference between life and death. Each driver and gunner should spend nothing more than 4-5 hours a day before they are rotated out. All over the country, you see military equipment without personnel manning them and you wonder how easily such could be destroyed.

Picture credit: Jteku

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:34am On Aug 30, 2021
Female law enforcement officers concluded Operation Basadi in Tembisa, Rabie Ridge where they had set up a roadblock to stop and search vehicles for roadworthiness.

#SANDF
#JointOpsGauteng

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:36am On Aug 30, 2021
#NIMASA
#S.O.F.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:42am On Aug 30, 2021
South African Wasp RDRV(Rapid Development Reconniance Vehicle) MLRS & mortar carrier variants .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:46am On Aug 30, 2021
bidexiii:
#NIMASA
#S.O.F.
I watched the video and was woowed.

Our security forces should learn one or two regarding PR.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:03am On Aug 30, 2021
#PHOTO OP's
#NA

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2021
[quote author=bidexiii post=105309949]#PHOTO OP's
#NA[/quote
May God � bless the the Nigerian army

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2021
Kalapizim:
I watched the video and was woowed.

Our security forces should learn one or two regarding PR.
Point me to the video please

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.