Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3046686 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2024) (2025) (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 11:08am On Oct 06, 2021
Tobiloba24072:

I have said this before...we have btr3 and btr4, with remote weapon system....they have 30mm guns, army refused to use it and wielded 12.7mm gun that they will be gambling with boko haram and offers no technical advantage. The only good thing about the st1 against boko haram, is if it has fragmentation rounds. I think the cost of 30mm round is the issue with the army and most ifv, come with 30mm round. Truthfully we have lots of equipments that would give us clear advantage against boko haram, and they have never fired a shot against boko haram, o always ask myself why.
As you said,most of the other rounds are made in-house, but not 30mm AFAIK. It's easier for them to modify to lower calibers than to buy 30mm,but this means we lose fire superiority over the enemy. Simply set up an assembly line for 30mm and induct the calibre into the army's weapon system.No need begging the airforce.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

How's is 12 million per year much of a salary.
When u consider the risk, the time spent and mental and physical stress all coupled with the deteriorating economy of Nigeria, , u will discover soldiers are being paid peanut....
Good thing that are not in the job for money...
12 million per annum is too low for a General considering today's economy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba24072: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2021
dragon2:

As you said,most of the other rounds are made in-house, but not 30mm AFAIK. It's easier for them to modify to lower calibers than to buy 30mm,but this means we lose fire superiority over the enemy. Simply set up an assembly line for 30mm and induct the calibre into the army's weapon system.No need begging the airforce.

In terms of bullets I don't think we ever produced anything more than 7.62mm, not even the 12.7mm we use.....an alternative is to arm remote weapon systems, with 23mm weapons, at least we have been using that for shilka. Why even buy the btr 3 and 4, when you won't buy ammunition?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
If the NA are really serious about this war they should consider the strategic advantages the IFV will bring especially into the North East theatre. More troops will be conveyed and protected, and more infantry support. It's even very difficult for iswap both their footmen and guntrucks to face an IFV like the Norinco type.
The IFV can also be used for route patrol /surveillance in advance of an attack.
Though the helicopter they're requesting for too is good, but an IFV will do better in this kind of war and it even givens physiological advantage to troops. low noise IFV can camouflage and enter enemy territory undetected and release volumes of fire upon their defenses to aid the the assault party movement.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
Tobiloba24072
lack of foresight plant is one of the factors bewildering NA operations.
Why will you buy a platform without an effective weapons systems

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
dragon2:

Another five star comment. Step forward to win your prize.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
JohnEagle96:
If the NA are really serious about this war they should consider the strategic advantages the IFV will bring especially into the North East theatre. More troops will be conveyed and protected, and more infantry support. It's even very difficult for iswap both their footmen and guntrucks to face an IFV like the Norinco type.
The IFV can also be used for route patrol /surveillance in advance of an attack.
Though the helicopter they're requesting for too is good, but an IFV will do better in this kind of war and it even givens physiological advantage to troops. low noise IFV can camouflage and enter enemy territory undetected and release volumes of fire upon their defenses to aid the the assault party movement.

How much?. Ego le IFV?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
Which weapon be this I Dey see steady for my axis.

Pix taken by me cool

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Pix taken by me cool
looks to be the Norinco SH-1 self propelled artillery piece

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Pix taken by me cool
The SPH arty
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
My two cents on the IFV matter.

From the little I understand, acquiring any type of IFV in large or small numbers may or may not alter the direction of the conflict if this dynamics is not addressed.

It is not just about buying weapon A, Asset B, or platform C if they are not integrated with the overall stated defence architecture.

What do I mean by this? What place does an IFV have in the NA's Order of Battle? What would it's role be? How does it interact with other systems in is inventory?

This is year 2021, armies buy systems and not just weapons.

Even if the NA buys 1000 IFVs, if there's no clear mission for it, or proper support framework it will fail.

For instance, Boko Haram and ISWAP doesn't operate MBTs, yet the NA have hundreds of MBTs, what is the impact of those MBTs on the battlefield? It will be difficult to access it's impact because they may not be part of an overall defense architecture.

What I'm saying in essence is that modern armies don't view individual weapons as a standalone asset but as a system of systems. A component in the overall system of war.

For instance, the United States military views each platform as a "sensor and shooter" under it's novel distributed lethality concept.

What this means is that every single item in it's inventory can detect enemy disposition, and it or another item can project sufficient firepower to destroy the said enemy during a time of war. For example, a transport aircraft detects ISWAP movement, and relay the information to an artillery or even an MBT to expedite the terror threat.

I wrote about this comprehensively in 2019 for Divergent Options you can Google it. I even wrote how Nigeria can emulate such.

Basically, every individual platform is part of a network and information is relayed to each platform instantaneously using robust and encrypted datalinks.

In today's warfare, just buying disparate platforms may not guarantee that you'll win. The Nigerian Army has 1000x more weapons than ISWAP yet the war hasn't end.

Until the concept of modern warfare is understood, victory may be hard.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
lionel4power:
My two cents on the IFV matter.

From the little I understand, acquiring any type of IFV in large or small numbers may or may not alter the direction of the conflict if this dynamics is not addressed.

It is not just about buying weapon A, Asset B, or platform C if they are not integrated with the overall stated defence architecture.

What do I mean by this? What place does an IFV have in the NA's Order of Battle? What would it's role be? How does it interact with other systems in is inventory?

This is year 2021, armies buy systems and not just weapons.

Even if the NA buys 1000 IFVs, if there's no clear mission for it, or proper support framework it will fail.

For instance, Boko Haram and ISWAP doesn't operate MBTs, yet the NA have hundreds of MBTs, what is the impact of those MBTs on the battlefield? It will be difficult to access it's impact because they may not be part of an overall defense architecture.

What I'm saying in essence is that modern armies don't view individual weapons as a standalone asset but as a system of systems. A component in the overall system of war.

For instance, the United States military views each platform as a "sensor and shooter" under it's novel distributed lethality concept.

What this means is that every single item in it's inventory can detect enemy disposition, and it or another item can project sufficient firepower to destroy the said enemy during a time of war. For example, a transport aircraft detects ISWAP movement, and relay the information to an artillery or even an MBT to expedite the terror threat.

I wrote about this comprehensively in 2019 for Divergent Options you can Google it. I even wrote how Nigeria can emulate such.

Basically, every individual platform is part of a network and information is relayed to each platform instantaneously using robust and encrypted datalinks.

In today's warfare, just buying disparate platforms may not guarantee that you'll win. The Nigerian Army has 1000x more weapons than ISWAP yet the war hasn't end.

Until the concept of modern warfare is understood, victory may be hard.

While this is useful in the wider context of counter-insurgency, the discussion on IFVs VS MRAPs is about battlefield effectiveness, all that the men in the frontlines care about is how to defeat the enemy while taking very minimal losses in return, all that they want is battlefield superiority. Yes intelligence, logistics, morale and all these other components of warfare matters a lot and are very helpful in winning the war but they don't negate the need for superiority on the battlefield. In fact battlefield superiority is the most important,the others are just force multipliers.
I could also argue that not paying attention to non-kinetic approaches to winning the war will result in moving round a circle.
I myself have discussed the advantages of using artilleries against the enemy after gathering intelligence on their location in this forum, many have discussed the need for proper intelligence gathering to help ftontline troops too.
US with all you mentioned above failed and is still failing in several theaters across the world.
Popular mobilization forces in Iraq without these were very effective in defeating ISIS in Iraq.
The IFV will serve as the teeth of NA's fighting force, it will comfortably take out the backbone of the enemy's fighting force, it will assist in dominating the battlefield if properly utilized. That is the role it will serve.
The NA is also not new to mechanized infantry, in fact two of the NA's 8 divisions are mechanized divisions. It is lack of funding and neglect for several years that has rendered them almost incompetent.
My point exactly is that, the need for all you mentioned doesn't disturb the need/want of IFVs. They are not mutually exclusive.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Flanker: 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Pix taken by me cool

SH-2 122 mm Wheeled self-propelled howitzer

Maximum range of fire for the SH2 depends on projectile and charge combination. It is 22 km with extended-range projectile and 27 km with rocket-assisted projectile.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
It is the proper use of air power that has denied the enemy the ability to capture and hold settlements the military is interested in keeping them away from, they learnt no matter the quantity and quality of their force within any town they capture, they will eventually be defeated and pushed out. This has stopped them from achieving their objective of expanding their caliphate to these settlements and that was why they insisted opted to expand to JAS territory this year. Replicating that on the land will also have a significant impact on the war.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
ecomog1990:

Nigerian Army may not likely buy IFV because its not yet included in our ORBAT & doctrine, NA still used 1940s WW II doctrine inherited pre-independence British war doctrine of tanks lead attack with foot infantry walking behind light tank or heavy tank as cover, thats how we fought before, during, and after ECOMOG, same old outdated doctrine that no army general is serious enough to update, NA generals just dey enjoy their =N= 12 million per year salary that most Nigerians don't know they get paid so much.

Good thinking here.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
Flanker:

SH-2 122 mm Wheeled self-propelled howitzer

How many of this pieces did we receive?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
Whyem15:

While this is useful in the wider context of counter-insurgency, the discussion on IFVs VS MRAPs is about battlefield effectiveness, all that the men in the frontlines care about is how to defeat the enemy while taking very minimal losses in return, all that they want is battlefield superiority. Yes intelligence, logistics, morale and all these other components of warfare matters a lot and are very helpful in winning the war but they don't negate the need for superiority on the battlefield. In fact battlefield superiority is the most important,the others are just force multipliers.
I could also argue that not paying attention to non-kinetic approaches to winning the war will result in moving round a circle.
I myself have discussed the advantages of using artilleries against the enemy after gathering intelligence on their location in this forum, many have discussed the need for proper intelligence gathering to help ftontline troops too.
US with all you mentioned above failed and is still failing in several theaters across the world.
Popular mobilization forces in Iraq without these were very effective in defeating ISIS in Iraq.
The IFV will serve as the teeth of NA's fighting force, it will comfortably take out the backbone of the enemy's fighting force, it will assist in dominating the battlefield if properly utilized. That is the role it will serve.
The NA is also not new to mechanized infantry, in fact two of the NA's 8 divisions are mechanized divisions. It is lack of funding and neglect for several years that has rendered them almost incompetent.
My point exactly is that, the need for all you mentioned doesn't disturb the need/want of IFVs. They are not mutually exclusive.

My brother I don't know how you managed to miss what I'm talking about even though I tried to use simple sentences.

You want the NA to just keep buying buying buying

Anyway, the point is to increase the lethality of each individual platform on the battlefield by fully utilizing all their full capabilities. In this way, the Nigerian Army can effectively gain battlefield superiority in all spectrum of warfare either small wars, asymmetric or conventional.

Now, you said something about "dominating the battlefield if properly utilized" this is where the novel distributed lethality comes into play as I mentioned.

Which one is mechanized infantry again? What concern what I said with mechanized infantry?

Also what do you mean by the U.S. is failing in several theater?

"Popular mobilization forces in Iraq without these were very effective in defeating ISIS in Iraq" how does this relate??

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2021
I hope it’s all well in Baga

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Flanker: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
cutievik:

How many of this pieces did we receive?

According to sipri and the pics for 2020 delivry

- 3 SH-2 122mm Self-propelled gun and 2 SH-5 105mm Self-propelled gun

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 5:34am On Oct 07, 2021
There are some factors not taken into context here in respect to the IFVs discussion.

We need to first understand that IFVs will not change the guntruck(12.7mm) Vs guntruck (12.7mm) game cos majority of contacts made with BH are mostly during patrol missions and I'm 100% sure the army will barely use IFVs for patrol and even if they're used for patrol, there won't have enough for every patrol mission. Even the US that has lots of IFVs rarely use them for patrols.

So what this means is that the army will only be using these platforms for offensive operations which occurs once or twice in a year and probably for repelling attacks.
For Offensive operation, there would be platforms like the VT4 and ST1 tank dedicated to the operation and maybe the alternative to 30mm for the army is the 12.7mm RCWS on ST1 and VT4.

So buying IFVs is not going to change the firepower balance as most contact will be made during patrols and if you want to increase the firepower for patrol teams, just put 40mm AGL on an APC or Hilux in the convoy and you're good to go.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
Revealed! How Horse-riding bandits killed 18 in Zamfara, 10 massacred in Katsina

No fewer than 18 people including women and children have been killed by a group of suspected bandits in a fresh attack at Kurya Madaro town of Kaura Namoda local government area of Zamfara state.

A resident of the area, Malam Mohammed Lawali Kurya, who narrowly escaped the attack, told Blueprint in Gusau Wednesday that the hoodlums stormed the town Tuesday around 11:30pm.

He said the bandits comprising men and women, rode on camels and horses with dangerous weapons during the invasion of their town.

Kurya also said the bandits set ablaze police operational vehicle, one trailer, four other vehicles belonging to the community and many shops during the attack.

“Immediately they started the attack, even our district head informed the military and other security personnel but we didn’t see them until the following early morning of today (Wednesday),” he added

“I suspect that these people were not Nigerians but from Niger Republic because their mode of dressing and language intonation indicated that they are not Nigerians,” he further said.

While calling for the deployment of more troops, he said all those killed in the mayhem had been buried according to Islamic rites.

“We have buried 18 of our people who were gruesomely killed by the bandits last night, in line with Islamic tenets today,” the source added.

However, all efforts to reach the image maker of the state Police Command, SP Muhammd Shehu on the development proved abortive.

Similar move to also reach the Commissioner of Police Ayuba N. Elkana by our reporter also failed as he was said to be holding a crucial security meeting as at the time of this report.

Katsina

And in yet another attack, bandits Tuesday morning killed 10 people and injured several others, burning shops and houses in Yasore community of Katsina state.

Yasore is less than two kilometres from Batsari, the headquarter of the local government area by the same name.

Batsari is among the LGAs witnessing incessant bandits’ attacks in Katsina.

It shares boundaries with Rugu forest, Jibia local government area in Katsina and Zurmi in Zamfara state.

The state government has cut mobile telecommunications network in Batsari and 13 other local government areas in the state as part of efforts to tackle insecurity.

A resident of the area, Harisu Hamza, told Premium Times newspaper that the attackers came on motorcycles and started shooting sporadically.

“They came around Magrib prayers. Some people had concluded prayers by then. They rode on more than 20 motorcycles. It was during the sporadically shooting that they killed 10 people and wounded others,” he said.

He added that they left some minutes after 10 a.m. when a combined team of the police, vigilantes and soldiers arrived at the community.

Hamza, who has been living in Katsina metropolis, said the bandits “carted away food commodities and other things they needed during the attack.”

It was further gathered that some of the wounded have been admitted at the General Hospital in Katsina.

The police spokesperson in the state, Gambo Isa, said he was in a meeting when Premium Times reporter called him.

He, however, did not respond to SMS sent to him.

Varsity student abducted

In a related development, a 23-year-old student of Bayero University Kano, Sakina Bello, has been kidnapped.
For some time now, Kano, a North-west state has remained unaffected by rising security challenges bedevilling the region.

The student, it was gathered, was kidnapped Tuesday along Janbulo and Rijiyar Zaki in the Kano metropolis.

The 300-level Botany student was reportedly abducted in a tricycle commonly called Adai Daita Sahu by her captors.

“She left home around 3pm on Tuesday and could not come back until this moment. She was supposed to go to Janbulo from our house in Rjiyar Zaki.

“They called her elder brother around 9pm and informed him that she is their den and that they will call back on Wednesday. And the next thing they did was to demand for N100 million ransom,” said a family source.

The state Police command confirmed the development and said efforts were on to trace her whereabouts.

“We received a report of a missing person from Rjiyar Zaki and we immediately swung into action to trace her whereabouts. The command is putting more effort to ensure she is traced and reunited with her family,” he said.

https://www.blueprint.ng/revealed-how-horse-riding-bandits-killed-18-in-zamfara-10-massacred-in-katsina/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
Farming has become too dangerous for many, humanitarian crisis in Nigeria

Maryam Aliyu and her six children were lying next to each other fast asleep when gunmen broke into their home in northwest Nigeria.

“Suddenly I saw light all over me. I came out of the mosquito net and there were four men with AK-47s,” the 25-year-old said.

Gangs of heavily armed criminals known locally as bandits have terrorised northwest and central states of Africa’s most populous nation for years.

When gunmen attacked her village of Danjiro in Sokoto state’s Goronyo district last month, Aliyu had only 400 naira ($1), as was the case most days.

“They even stole the wrapper on which my children were sleeping,” said Aliyu, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“They usually try to rape us,” said the 35-year-old mother of five, who survived a separate attack in Goronyo.

– Hunger and insecurity –

More than 1,600 people have arrived at the camp in recent weeks, according to UNICEF, in desperate need of food, protection, shelter and clothes.

“We sometimes sleep without having had food that day.”

“What we are watching in the northwest is a situation that will soon blow up in our faces,” said Maulid Warfa, chief of UNICEF’S field office.

Yet the region attracts much less attention than the country’s northeast, where jihadist groups are fighting a 12-year conflict that has displaced two million people.

“If donors and the international community are not interested in doing what needs to be done today, in a few years we will be dealing with a situation that a lot of people will regret,” he said.

At a nutrition clinic supported by UNICEF in Sokoto North, outside the city, more than 50 women with small children waited to receive a small pack filled with nutrient paste designed for acute malnutrition.

“We hid in the crops and when day broke, we came here,” she said.

Her 14-month-old boy’s health has deteriorated. “I think it’s hunger,” she said.

And more than 80,000 additional people have fled to neighbouring Niger over the past two years.

Sokoto State’s security commissioner Garba Moyi told AFP that the state “government does everything possible” about the bandits, “including sitting with them to talk”.

For Moyi, more help is needed from the federal government.

Nigeria has launched numerous military operations in the region, and just last week said it had “neutralised” nearly 300 bandits. But violent attacks have continued.

He told AFP that during his latest abduction he was kept in a forest for several days, blindfolded, chained to a tree.

“They would hit my legs and my back like a cow,” he said, showing marks of his beating.

Since late last year, bandits have increasingly turned to mass kidnappings of school children.

Across the northwest, a fertile agricultural region almost the size of Britain and home to more than 35 million, farming has also become too dangerous for many.

“When young people lose hope, when they are frustrated, when they see no future… the only option for many of them is actually to take up guns and become bandits themselves.”

https://newswirengr.com/2021/10/07/farming-has-become-too-dangerous-for-many-humanitarian-crisis-in-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
How Terrorists Who Declared Ceasefire On Abductions Gunned Down ’30 Bandits’ In Kaduna

By Lami Sadiq

A clash between terrorists belonging to the Ansaru group and bandits has reportedly claimed the lives of at least 30 bandits around the Damari axis of Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Multiple sources confirmed to Daily Trust that the two criminal groups started a battle for supremacy last week.

The report came three weeks after terrorists fleeing military onslaught in Zamfara State took refuge in Saulawa and Damari villages of Birnin Gwari LGA, where they hoisted their flag.

Following telecommunication shutdown in some LGAs of Kaduna, including Birnin Gwari, a resident, Samaila Yakubu, who spoke with Daily Trust from Zaria, said the crisis between the two criminal groups followed an order by the terrorists.

He said the terrorists had restricted bandits from abduction and invasion of communities.

Yakubu said the bandits had resisted the law, which led to a wrangle that claimed the lives of four bandits and one member of Ansaru group last Tuesday.

He said a tit-for-tat attack had ensued between the two groups which climaxed with the killing of about 30 bandits last week.

Also corroborating the incident, Hassan Ibrahim from Giwa LGA, said the terrorists had warned bandits to desist from rampant abductions, adding that the warning had not been heeded by the bandits which led to the clash.

Ibrahim said, “The killings between the two groups are ongoing but abductions are on a decline. The focus of the terrorists is now on how to get fuel and money from travellers.

“Two days ago, they ambushed my nephew along the Birnin Gwari- Zaria road on a motorcycle and they emptied his fuel tank.

“They then collected his phone and money he had on him and set him free. I believe the new security measures are working,” he said.

When contacted, Kaduna State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, asked for time to clarify the situation from the DPO in charge of the area but hours later, he did not respond to calls to his phone.

https://dailytrust.com/how-terrorists-who-declared-ceasefire-on-abductions-gunned-down-30-bandits-in-kaduna

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2021
NIGERIA YET TO LOCATE MISSING ALPHA JET, SIX MONTHS AFTER IT WENT DOWN

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is yet to locate the wreckage or crash site of its Dassault Alpha jet A/E that went missing about six months ago.

The Alpha jet trainer and light attack aircraft (NAF 475) was on a routine mission supporting troops of the Theatres of Operation in the Northern part of Nigeria before it crashed on 31 March.

https://forum.military.africa/forums/topic/nigeria-yet-to-locate-missing-alpha-jet-six-months-after-it-went-down/

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:54am On Oct 08, 2021
cool

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:35am On Oct 08, 2021
Toju200:
cool

That's a patch for Agusta A129 Mangusta helicopter on his chest. Is Nigeria purchasing the aircraft
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 8:57am On Oct 08, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

That's a patch for Agusta A129 Mangusta helicopter on his chest. Is Nigeria purchasing the aircraft

Looks like a NATO patch
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2021
Fynline:

Looks like a NATO patch

Exactly. An ISAF-NATO patch.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 08, 2021
The Governor of Imo state, Hope Uzodinma flagged off ‘Golden Dawn’, a military exercise aimed at tackling ipob in the state.

“It is a well known fact that security of lives and properties are one of the obligations of the Government while it is an established understanding that security is everyone’s business. It is on the above premise that it becomes pertinent for everyone to join hands with the Government for a secured society where peace reigns.”

“This Excercise Golden Dawn which has the Imo State command at Orlu, would be operated across the South Eastern states to forestall breakdown of law and order while ensuring the safety of all especially with the festive seasons approaching.”

“It is no longer news that in recent time, the people of South East have been experiencing insurgency arising from numerous factors. However, with the corporation of everyone, the security agencies would arrest the situation and return normalcy in the land.”

“While flagging off the operation, His Excellency Governor Hope Uzodimma charged the security agencies to apply international best practice in observance to rules of engagement as they discharge their duties.”, a press release from the state government on Thursday read.

https://politicsnigeria.com/pics-gov-uzodinma-flags-off-exercise-golden-dawn-to-tackle-ugm-ipob/

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2021
Men them returning from escort trip from a Naija-Cameroon Border town.

That two hours trip is the worst road in my axis. Mostly once in a week unpredictable movement on that road with full military escort.

Kudos Gallant men.

Brb make I go collect my Kaya I order from Cameroon grin

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

The dude might had a patch exchange with an Italian pilot.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

The dude might had a patch exchange with an Italian pilot.

Maybe.
The patch says ISAF.

International security assistance force. It's kinda related with NATO and was involved in Afghanistan starting from the 2000's,but it's disbanded currently.

I still don't get how he got it. Maybe from a pilot like you said, a patch exchange.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2024) (2025) (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.