Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3020028 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
It will be only a matter of time before BHT/ISWAP will start cannibalizing captured armoured vehicles to do this.

In the pic, Houthi mounted a BTR-80A Turret on Toyota pickup in Yemen ��

You need to have sympathy for that Toyota pickup.
And yes they will get to fire the contraption twice before it all falls apart

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:11am On Oct 12, 2021
RiceProducers:

You need to have sympathy for that Toyota pickup.
And yes they will get to fire the contraption twice before it all falls apart

grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:26am On Oct 12, 2021
Roan77:
New Ezugwu MRAP

Any idea about the stanag level?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
I felt like bringing this topic here.

Do y'all feel a Tank with human loader is better than one with Autoloader?
I prefer the human loader due to some reasons

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Now, an Autoloader stores ammunition in the Turret rack. Any penetration of explosive, then the Tank will explode due to the stored ammunition. There will be a jack-in-the-box effect. I learnt Autoloader break down in battle and can't change shell types between shots.

It still feels weird, because the usage of autoloaders is supposed to be an advantage and advancement in tank Warfare.

APS in most new tanks significantly reduce the chances of getting hit and by extension penetration. Autoloader also increases firing rate by a lot giving the tank the ability to quickly take out the enemies before being hit.
But if the tank will be facing tanks with superior armor, it will be okay to go for manual loader.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
youghs:
For Folks here who don't really know how ambushes work. This footage from ISIS in Iraq recent propaganda video might help you get the real picture.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/q3w24t/recent_footage_of_isis_operations_in_iraq_2021/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I think this presents a better Hilux scenario.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/q6jnzb/pakistan_army_ambushed_and_16_killed_by_bras_last/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Gunmen have attacked St. Albert the Great Institute of Philosophy, a Catholic-run major seminary situated in Fayit community in Kagoma Chiefdom in the Jama’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

According to NewsWireNGR, the bandits attacked the seminary on Monday night.

The criminals invaded the school at about 8pm and began shooting sporadically, causing a pandemonium in the area.

A source who stays close to the school stated that the operation lasted for over an hour before local hunters and vigilante intervened and “chased the terrorists away.”

It was also learnt that some students were abducted by the terrorists while others were injured.

The number of students abducted could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report as efforts to speak to authorities in the school for comments proved abortive.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/12/breaking-bandits-attack-catholic-seminary-kaduna-kidnap-students
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
Insecurity Didn't Come By Accident, It Was Planned To Islamise Nigeria— Ex—VC, Ahmadu Bello University

http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/11/insecurity-didnt-come-accident-it-was-planned-islamise-nigeria%E2%80%94-ex%E2%80%94vc-ahmadu-bello

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Dammysmart: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Redemption1:
I was a member of 69rc, my coursemates are current 5th termers in the academy, was withdrawn last year when I was hanging 3bars. The problem now is that I applied academy again and I made it(73rc), but I'm supposed to be happy, I'm not happy, I'm sad, I'm depressed, can't get it together, don't really know what's wrong with me, is it normal guys?
Fi

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
Dammysmart:
First, thank your stars you made it in again. Let me motivate you, when you were in Aca im sure u know or have heard about one Cadet Jaja, a naval cadet. We passed out together last year. He was withdrawn from Aca at 3bars and his coursemates were already Majors, infact Academy Quarter master was his 2nd termer at 3bars but Jaja defied all odfs and 15yrs later or thereabout came back and passed out as a member of 67RC. He was very old like this, he suffered katikati mehn but the end was better for him.

Your coursemates are Wuyep, Elegbede them right?? I can assure you they can only do little to buy u peace but manage and live a very low profile so you can serve blanket putty alone ‘Avoid higher echelon’. Never discuss your ordeal and story with anyone. Infact, avoid those your organic coursemates they will bring you out. My 2cent bro!
I know jaja very well, he was a highlander sir, initially he was a member of 53rc, he was @deathmachine senior, he came back and joined 67rc, when he was a clown, academy so2 cb Ltcdr SA Bui a member of 55rc spotted him in parade ground and called academy to shun and handed parade over to a clown, he warned senior cadets not to do job with him, jaja was seeing peace till so2 left academy, he almost ran mad, everybody was just warming and kicking his pot,but he was determined. There's also a nairalander with the moniker "cadetjaja" , he's also a member of 67, I think he's the real jaja

I Know wuyep and elegbede very well, we dey the same battalion which is burma, they were your prep wingers, funnily enough when you guys were skill in prep wing I was telling them to kill you guys, I hated colitos grin

Clownship is really hard, someone will start undergoing prep wing, hunching 3.2, jikapa, no vice boxing and all those rubbish, I'm just feeling dull, told my people that I made academy, they didn't even answer me, they just said they don't even recognize any cadet untill he's a officer, just imagine. I still thank God I made it but deep down I'm empty.

I can't keep a low profile, I was popular in academy, they'll bring me out, my juniors will kill me, even some of my coursemates wey no like me go nearly take my life, 5 years is a long time, well I just have to zero my mind

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
It may be an accident. I don't think the Chinese are armed enough yet to try anything

kikuyu1:

Told you guys about secret sub ops risks!

[url][https://www.forbes.com/sites/craighooper/2021/10/07/uss-connecticut-ssn-22-damaged-after-striking-an-object-in-indo-pacific-region/url]

Doesn't look too badly off. The starboard list is ONLY a couple of degrees but STILL....

As of now there are US, Japanese,Philipino, Indonesian and even Indian naval forces checking the Chinese in the SCS. A reliable commentator swears the latter lost an air battle with Taiwan a couple of months ago.
All these platforms in a crowded space plus political tensions means ISHYT can go South anytime anyhow- what better way to make a point than to damage a sub with a UUV and proclaim;"who me?"
How many of you think this is coincidence? Raise your hands !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Dammysmart: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
Redemption1:
I know jaja very well, he was a highlander sir, initially he was a member of 53rc, he was @deathmachine senior, he came back and joined 67rc, when he was a clown, academy so2 cb Ltcdr SA Bui a member of 55rc spotted him in parade ground and called academy to shun and handed parade over to a clown, he warned senior cadets not to do job with him, jaja was seeing peace till so2 left academy, he almost ran mad, everybody was just warming and kicking his pot,but he was determined. There's also a nairalander with the moniker "cadetjaja" , he's also a member of 67, I think he's the real jaja

I Know wuyep and elegbede very well, we dey the same battalion which is burma, they were your prep wingers, funnily enough when you guys were skill in prep wing I was telling them to kill you guys, I hated colitos grin

Clownship is really hard, someone will start undergoing prep wing, hunching 3.2, jikapa, no vice boxing and all those rubbish, I'm just feeling dull, told my people that I made academy, they didn't even answer me, they just said they don't even recognize any cadet untill he's a officer, just imagine. I still thank God I made it but deep down I'm empty.

I can't keep a low profile, I was popular in academy, they'll bring me out, my juniors will kill me, even some of my coursemates wey no like me go nearly take my life, 5 years is a long time, well I just have to zero my mind

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
NAF

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
Whyem15:

APS in most new tanks significantly reduce the chances of getting hit and by extension penetration. Autoloader also increases firing rate by a lot giving the tank the ability to quickly take out the enemies before being hit.
But if the tank will be facing tanks with superior armor, it will be okay to go for manual loader.

True, the active protective system reduces the chances of getting hit.
About the loaders, in the Gulf War, American M1A1 Abrams Human loaders were loading a shell every 3 seconds, autoloaders on modern French Leclerc tanks, loads a shell every 5 seconds.
A human loader will be nice, in case a crew member is injured, he can takeover duties of that crew member. An Autoloader will be fine too, imagine a human loader getting killed in a firefight. It depends tho.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
Dammysmart:
lol bro well lets thank God for how far, in the offr cadre colito or rc is not so evident provided you know what youre doing and you trained properly. Till today my sldrs dunno I’m not a RC, despite the malice during pop i still hung csuo bars (only few of us were privileged to) and if i was opportuned i can command any parade.

I would have advised that you zero it and go to a civil uni then come back for ssc but you might not see reason with me.

Meanwhile, the lady u were sending to kill us was my godmother then. She hates seeing me punished (maybe had a thing for me tho �).

Go and test your strength bro, Academy is of indelible memories, if you ever dash you would be a lifetime loser. So, go for that pip now!!!
Please how do the SSC program works,do you also train with the RC
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
EricBraven:

I prefer the human loader due to some reasons

Can you state the reasons, please?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Dammysmart: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
EricBraven:

Please how do the SSC program works,do you also train with the RC
Yes bro, you train with RC from Pre camp highland till you pass out.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Yeaaa Airforce were pounding everywhere this morning.
Sent you a mail just now bro
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
Redemption1:
I was a member of 69rc, my coursemates are current 5th termers in the academy, was withdrawn last year when I was hanging 3bars. The problem now is that I applied academy again and I made it(73rc), but I'm supposed to be happy, I'm not happy, I'm sad, I'm depressed, can't get it together, don't really know what's wrong with me, is it normal guys?
You no go see peace if you malicious when you still de acad o. But I get you...salala, clownship. Toh, I leave you in God's hand
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
Niger is damming the River-Niger.
Sources say, Niger and Nigeria have bilateral agreements discouraging its damming of the River. Can anyone please confirm this?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
Niger is damming the River-Niger.
Sources say, Niger and Nigeria have bilateral agreements discouraging its damming of the River. Can anyone please confirm this?
we can give them the Egypt to Ethiopia treatment..
Bully them
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nyanyafk: 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
Redemption1:
I went for 69 rc afsb but didn't make it, its very normal to feel the way you do, try to look on the bright side and it will surely pass.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2021
Redemption1:

What's the maximum age of getting into NDA pls.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
So ISWAP attacked special forces camp at Ngamdu today, it was a crushing defeat for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
seankafor:
Bully them

France, African development bank, Islamic bank and other aid organizations are funding this Niger project.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 9:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Whyem15:
So ISWAP attacked special forces camp at Ngamdu today, it was a crushing defeat for them.
since i know that sf unit it have never been defeated in any war a great sf battalion. the military work with intel share from some intel source. mrap seize,from them. a lot of the bastard was killed. a dangerous ambush on the bastard all thank to our skyhawk for air support. all thank to super camp reinforcement

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
seankafor:
Bully them
The only reason the dam have not been completed since 2013 is financial reason.

But is now been built by the Chinese and will be completed by 2025.

Bullying can't work.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Whyem15:
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
The only reason the dam have not been completed since 2013 is financial reason.

But is now been built by the Chinese and will be completed by 2025.

Bullying can't work.

Niger damming the river won't really have much effect in Nigeria, the loss is estimated to be at most at 10% of the current value, it could be as low as 3%.
And bullying can very much work if Nigeria decides to woo and fund Guinea or Mali into damming the river within their territory.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 6:33am On Oct 13, 2021
[quote author=Whyem15 post=106686526
And bullying can very much work if Nigeria decides to woo and fund Guinea or Mali into damming the river within their territory. [/quote]

The more dams on the river, the less the volume of water that eventually gets to Nigeria....... We still won't win

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:31am On Oct 13, 2021
[quote author=mekussa post=106691063][/quote]

Nigeria isn't going to win either way, but making sure Niger is also threatened should force them to negotiate. Imagine after borrowing huge amount to build the dam, we threaten to render it useless.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2021
It was reported that the terrorists attacked with 4 MRAPs and 10 guntrucks. They initially disguised as an NA fighting patrol, shot at the CO of the base who went to meet them but missed, his adjutant was shot though before the situation was turned around. The terrorists escaped with the MRAPs though. The airforce should make it high priority to search for and destroy those guntrucks else, they will be used against another base qbd and it might be catastrophic this time around.

Others are reporting 1 MRAP Sha.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.