Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,210 members, 7,853,123 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3066747 Views)

โ€œIf Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Electionโ€ - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:03am On Aug 04, 2023
ShadowCommander:
Do you think that Wagner contingent in Africa can defeat the Nigeria and ECOWAS Armed forces in Battle? Keep playing.

They have good men. We have better men. But my fears are for their SAMs clipping our birds.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kokoBoii: 7:09am On Aug 04, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

They have good men. We have better men. But my fears are for their SAMs clipping our birds.
Oga, Nigeria/ECOWAS is not going to war with anybody... So all these discussions and comparison with wagnar or whatever they call themselves is unnecessary... ECOWAS just wants to feel important like their counterparts in the west, that's all I see... Even if we were going to war with Wagner backed Niger, ECOWAS/Nigeria is as good as gone because they will so molest the whole ECOWAS military..you think these one's na boko haram or ESN..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:32am On Aug 04, 2023
Inyanda:

Did the talk bear fruit or failed..?

Incoming - Niger ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ช Republic. @ecowas_cedeao Negotiations fail. Junta halts all agreements with #France in respect to troops commitment; orders Ambassador to #Nigeria, Order ALL France,#US & #Togo to be recalled. Order All #US & #French troops in Niger ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ช to leave immediately
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:42am On Aug 04, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

I think it's only sanctions that will be leveled against the newly dictatorship in Niger. Something has to he done to stop this movement in West Africa region.

Tough times ahead for Niger newly formed government and the citizens.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2023
Nigeria ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ, Senegal ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ณ, Cรดte d'Ivoire ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ, and Benin ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฏ have all agreed to partake in a possible military intervention by #ECOWAS.

Mali ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฑ and Burkina Faso ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ซ have both stated that they will support #Niger ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ช if there is an intervention.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:03am On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:
Nigeria ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ, Senegal ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ณ, Cรดte d'Ivoire ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ, and Benin ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฏ have all agreed to partake in a possible military intervention by #ECOWAS.

Mali ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฑ and Burkina Faso ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ซ have both stated that they will support #Niger ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ช if there is an intervention.

Meanwhile Some ECOWAS members are yet to commit to involvement in a potential intervention:

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ผ Guinea Bissau
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ป Cabo Verde
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฑ Sierra Leone
๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ท Liberia
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ Ghana
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฌ Togo

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kokoBoii: 8:19am On Aug 04, 2023
I just don't understand how some groups of people will just sit and decide to invade another country over something that doesn't concern them or directly affects them, that is nonsense and demonic...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:

Senegal and Sierra Leone is having internal crises of their own and very shaky.....The Military may also strike their if time is not taken...!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2023
Tension Escalates: Niger Army Denies Nigerian Soldiers Access to Bosso

The neighbouring towns of Malam Fatori in Nigeria and Bosso in Niger, which were once connected by a friendly daily interaction between Nigerian Army soldiers and Niger Republic soldiers in Bosso, are now experiencing heightened tension and hostility due to recent events.

In the aftermath of ECOWAS sanctions and the declaration of potential military action, Nigeria and Niger find themselves in a delicate situation. As a result, Nigerian soldiers are facing an unfortunate setback as they have been denied access to Bosso town to source items for their daily lives and basic provisions.

@PhantomEyeHub reports

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2023
kokoBoii:
I just don't understand how some groups of people will just sit and decide to invade another country over something that doesn't concern them or directly affects them, that is nonsense and demonic...

I quite agree with you but, time and history has proven its negative impact on economy, cross regional politics and instability that is to come long-run.
The ongoing south Sudan is a perfect example, let's wait and see what's become of Mali, Niger & Burkina Faso etc. Dont forget countries like Mali and Niged are still battling terrorism, let's see how they handle it and how it will turn out

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:26am On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:

I think it's only sanctions that will be leveled against the newly dictatorship in Niger. Something has to he done to stop this movement in West Africa region.

Tough times ahead for Niger newly formed government and the citizens.

That's true but by Sunday we might have to go in. The ECOWAS CDS 3 day meeting would end today. Signal has been sent to prep NA, SBS and NAF regiment units in anticipation of a military involvement. There is a rumored staging area in the NW too.
Regardless, Let us hope for the best and non violent outcomes.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2023
kokoBoii:
Oga, Nigeria/ECOWAS is not going to war with anybody... So all these discussions and comparison with wagnar or whatever they call themselves is unnecessary... ECOWAS just wants to feel important like their counterparts in the west, that's all I see... Even if we were going to war with Wagner backed Niger, ECOWAS/Nigeria is as good as gone because they will so molest the whole ECOWAS military..you think these one's na boko haram or ESN..

Believe what you want to.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Believe what you want to.

Wagner are already in Niger and more men and equipments moving in...!!
Interesting days ahead..!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2023
Inyanda:

We got at least 800 American troops, 1200 French troops, 100 Germans and some Italians. Niger issued a statement expelling these countries and seems the west don't want to be directly involved. That means ECOMOG might face Wagner if your news is true.

Also, Wagner cost alot of fees. An average of 10, 000 dollars per mercenary. How many men would they be able to afford to pay and field against us? Niger is already facing a lot of economic issues due to the sanctions
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2023
Inyanda:

Honestly I do not support an invasion, because Nigeria is facing alot herself, now going into a war with all our internal I securities with a new government.
The Wagner PMC are not supermen or hybrids, moreover Wagner are not even used or recognized by the Russian government.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kokoBoii: 9:48am On Aug 04, 2023
Inyanda:

no evidence?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2023
kokoBoii:
no evidence?

Niger, Mali, and Burkina Faso just had a meeting in Mali to discuss the possibility of a "rapid deployment of Wagner forces to the country.โ€ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

This I getting interesting; please do not doubt any foreign intervention in this freshly grooming conflicts. And I also do not doubt ECOWAS intervention also, there are 50/50% stake in all these !

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:37am On Aug 04, 2023
Chief of the Naval Staff inspection of Nigerian Navy Ships at Federal Ocean Terminal, Onne, Rivers State on Wednesday 2 Aug 23.
#OnwardTogether
#CNSinOnne

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:
Chief of the Naval Staff inspection of Nigerian Navy Ships at Federal Ocean Terminal, Onne, Rivers State on Wednesday 2 Aug 23.
#OnwardTogether
#CNSinOnne

Chief of the Naval Staff familiarization visit to Naval Ship Yards Ltd Port Harcourt, Rivers State on Thursday 3 August 2023.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:

Chief of the Naval Staff familiarization visit to Naval Ship Yards Ltd Port Harcourt, Rivers State on Thursday 3 August 2023.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:41am On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:

Niger, Mali, and Burkina Faso just had a meeting in Mali to discuss the possibility of a "rapid deployment of Wagner forces to the country.โ€ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

This I getting interesting; please do not doubt any foreign intervention in this freshly grooming conflicts. And I also do not doubt ECOWAS intervention also, there are 50/50% stake in all these !
A thing I keep seeing about the heads of the Juntas is a deluded trust in their SOF training

Zero politik. Zero charisma lest we say this is the 2nd coming of Sankara.

I have gone through all their communique and it is safe to assume they are running on a mirage or at worst, someone elses ideas

Body go tell them in this August

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2023
Odunayaw:
A thing I keep seeing about the heads of the Juntas is a deluded trust in their SOF training

Zero politik. Zero charisma lest we say this is the 2nd coming of Sankara.

I have gone through all their communique and it is safe to assume they are running on a mirage or at worst, someone elses ideas

Body go tell them in this August

Well said @-odunayaw, they don't even have the economic wealth to fight a full scale war.
On the other side of the coin, I think the people are also tired of French and western dominance on there natural resources. How can a country be blessed in Gold and Uranium which are in high demand be so poor and struggling to fight terrorist.
Sometimes i do ask what are the French doing in all these countries and yet JNIM, AQIM and ISWAP are flourishing in these region.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Proforce, Nigeria's leading manufacturer of defence products, showcased its extensive range of cutting-edge military armament at the Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2023). Vice-President Senator Kashim Shettima, Chief of Army Staff, and Major General Taoreed Lagbaja toured

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:
Proforce, Nigeria's leading manufacturer of defence products, showcased its extensive range of cutting-edge military armament at the Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2023). Vice-President Senator Kashim Shettima, Chief of Army Staff, and Major General Taoreed Lagbaja toured

Not long ago special dignitaries witness the countless opportunities and possibilities that Proforce is bringing to the continent of Africa in the defence industry at the International Exhibition of Safety, Security and Defense Synergy (SYSDEF) were top dignitaries from the Burkina Faso Government,

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:

Well said @-odunayaw, they don't even have the economic wealth to fight a full scale war.
On the other side of the coin, I think the people are also tired of French and western dominance on there natural resources. How can a country be blessed in Gold and Uranium which are in high demand be so poor and struggling to fight terrorist.
Sometimes i do ask what are the French doing in all these countries and yet JNIM, AQIM and ISWAP are flourishing in these region.
One thing poor leaders do is to shift blames and never take responsibility

Yes, I agree that France has been plundering those people but is it without connivance and help of Niger's own leaders?

One head of the monster is external pressure. The remaining heads of corruption, maladministration etc nko? Abi they've not been stealing even the "crumbs" they get? Or repressing their own people? It is France that did that one too?

Greed is this continent's colonizer.

This #FranceOut they're now hiding behind. Nigeria championed it through ECOWAS. Is it not these same francophone countries that frustrate it at every turn?

Fortunately for Niger, what they have as an advantage is not even their resources. It's how strategic they're in America's interest; Keeping terrorism away from their interest.

It's not an easy way out for ECOWAS and Nigeria. Juntas are not welcomed. But I think military intervention is going to be a weak way to convey that

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Odunayaw:
One thing poor leaders do is to shift blames and never take responsibility

Yes, I agree that France has been plundering those people but is it without connivance and help of Niger's own leaders?

One head of the monster is external pressure. The remaining heads of corruption, maladministration etc nko? [/b]Abi they've not been stealing even the "crumbs" they get?[b] Or repressing their own people? It is France that did that one too?

Greed is this continent's colonizer.

This #FranceOut they're now hiding behind. Nigeria championed it through ECOWAS. Is it not the same francophone countries that frustrate it at every turn?

Fortunately for Niger, what they have as an advantage is not even their resources. It's how strategic they're in America's interest; Keeping terrorism away from their interest.

[/b]It's not an easy way out for ECOWAS and Nigeria. Juntas are not welcomed[b]. But I think military intervention is going to be a weak way to convey that
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:

They're not the only ones exporting to France. Most northern African countries export natural resources as well to France but you never hear narratives like this from them.

Some governments will use their revenue to build infrastructure and services for citizens. Other countries misuse the revenue and leave the citizens to wonder why no development is happening despite their exports.

The citizens of the latter then resort to laying blames on countries they export to, accusing them of theft. Eventually they end up destroying the business operations of the companies and thus plunge their countries into bigger poverty.

I have a relative who consults for Shell and Eni in Nigeria. One of the reasons why foriegn companies began divesting from the Nigerian mainland was due to unfavorable business conditions created by citizens. Indigenous people would destroy their facilities, leaking oil into the environment. Eventually they get sued in France and the US for allowing spills to occur in Nigeria. They pay fines, they try to settle the indigenous people to prevent trouble, tomorrow another set of people comes out saying they weren't part of the settlement and the cycle continues.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
Great input Odunayaw and Faithful007!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:

what's this stuff mounted on the proforce tactical vehicle ?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
bidexiii:

Military Intervention would be Ill thought and can send the entire West Africa into conflict. Just sanction and leave things that way. I'm quite sure that in three years time, those countries will be the ones begging for foreign intervention.

Meanwhile I think ECOWAS should collaborate to form a joint task force for coup deterrence and quick response in the remaining democratic member states. With at least 3000 troops in every state, stationed around the power center.

Most of these guys carry out this coup because there's no real threat of conflict from the army. When there is a good chance of death very few will think of it.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Faithful007:

[/b]Military Intervention would be Ill thought and can send the entire West Africa into conflict. Just sanction and leave things that way[b]. I'm quite sure that in three years time, those countries will be the ones begging for foreign intervention.

Meanwhile I think ECOWAS should collaborate to form a joint task force for coup deterrence and quick response in the remaining democratic member states. With at least 3000 troops in every state, stationed around the power center.

Most of these guys carry out this coup because there's no real threat of conflict from the army. When there is a good chance of death very few will think of it.

Quite agree with you; we all have our internal securities problems to deal with.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
Faithful007:

Military Intervention would be Ill thought and can send the entire West Africa into conflict. Just sanction and leave things that way. I'm quite sure that in three years time, those countries will be the ones begging for foreign intervention.

Very true

(1) (2) (3) ... (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Redemption1 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.