Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,383 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3042876 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2023
[quote author=bidexiii post=124973272][/quote]

More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2023
Taxation: Burkina Faso denounces a tax convention that linked it with France

Burkina Faso denounced yesterday Monday 07 August 2023, the Non-Double Taxation Tax Convention that has been linked to France since February 15, 1967.

The Non-Double-Taxation Tax Convention signed on August 11, 1965 between Burkina Faso and the French Republic and entered into force on February 15, 1967, including its advance signed on June 3, 1971, and entered into force October 1, 1974, no longer comply with the interests of the French Republic Burkina Faso.

It was reported diplomatically on Monday, August 7, 2023 with an effective period of three months.

Ouagadougou accuses Paris of staying silent, to his two demands made in January 2020 and the end of 2021, to renegotiate the terms of the convention

Source @zagazola

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:08am On Aug 09, 2023
[/b]BREAKING

Overthrown President of Niger Republic, BAZOUM has been RELEASED to go HOME after SIGNING his RESIGNATION LETTER with the junt[b]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
[/b]Have seen some videos and report of Nigerians being killed in Burkina Faso ?
Can anyone ascertain how true this is ?[b]
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kokoBoii: 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
bidexiii:
Former Niger rebel creates movement to reinstate ousted president Bazoum

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/former-niger-rebel-creates-movement-reinstate-ousted-president-bazoum-2023-08-09/
NATO has started...Very soon, they will start giving them weapons

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
kokoBoii:
NATO has started...Very soon, they will start giving them weapons

Soon we will have a Sudan/Lybia conflicts on our door steps. Anyways I heard another entourage where in Niger today for peace talks.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Images of the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral IE Ogalla AM, featuring the Nigerian Navy AW139 helicopter, NN312.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
bidexiii:
Images of the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral IE Ogalla AM, featuring the Nigerian Navy AW139 helicopter, NN312.

NNSBSC

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
BREAKING NEWS

The ECOWAS Authority after 48th Extraordinary Session in Abuja Ordered the ACTIVATION of the ECOWAS Military Standby Force with all its elements to Restore the Constitutional Order in Niger Republic 🇳🇪 over NigerCoup.

This is getting real after much sanctions !
Whats your thought; will the Nigerian Army be able to sustain the operations judging by the internal security challenges we have òurselves.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
tsdarkside:

and become something like uno....
how did that worked out....??

people that they suppose to protect,complain about rape and other crazy stuffs....

better dont let confusion make you make more mistakes....
this is a strange and dangerous situation....

francophone nations should be allowed to go through this process themselves....
Well, I said task force not police force or peacekeeping force.

A task force is there for just one reason.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 12:30am On Aug 11, 2023
bidexiii:
BREAKING NEWS

The ECOWAS Authority after 48th Extraordinary Session in Abuja Ordered the ACTIVATION of the ECOWAS Military Standby Force with all its elements to Restore the Constitutional Order in Niger Republic 🇳🇪 over NigerCoup.

This is getting real after much sanctions !
Whats your thought; will the Nigerian Army be able to sustain the operations judging by the internal security challenges we have òurselves.

The Niger crisis requires a lot of reading between the lines to figure out what is going on. Something must be giving ECOWAS the morale boost to take these steps they want to take. These are what I think is ongoing:

1. It's pretty clear to me that Niger's army is at best neutral in this issue. They would not fight any forthcoming intervention depending on how it happens.

2. Public opinion is divided among party and tribal lines in Niger. Niamey which was an opposition stronghold has quite a number of coup supporters. I think a majority of the country is skeptical about the coup, although a lot of pro-coup propaganda is ongoing.

3. I think some Western countries plan to back ECOWAS militarily. Exactly how that will happen hinges on 4.

4. Most likely there wouldn't be a war. Niger's army is not going to fight so what is left is an operation. How will it look like, well this is my guess, If an operation will happen in the next hours: Two elite divisions will raid the palace under the cover of darkness. One to extract Bazoum and the other to kill or capture the coup leaders. After Bazoum must have announced himself, more ECOWAS forces will arrive to keep things stable alongside Nigerien forces.

Any operation planned will not last more than a few hours.

NB: I actually spotted some interesting military activity some hours ago that might be related to this, but I'll keep that to myself.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chenkov(m): 5:53am On Aug 11, 2023
Faithful007:

The Niger crisis requires a lot of reading between the lines to figure out what is going on. Something must be giving ECOWAS the morale boost to take these steps they want to take. These are what I think is ongoing:

1. It's pretty clear to me that Niger's army is at best neutral in this issue. They would not fight any forthcoming intervention depending on how it happens.

2. Public opinion is divided among party and tribal lines in Niger. Niamey which was an opposition stronghold has quite a number of coup supporters. I think a majority of the country is skeptical about the coup, although a lot of pro-coup propaganda is ongoing.

3. I think some Western countries plan to back ECOWAS militarily. Exactly how that will happen hinges on 4.

4. Most likely there wouldn't be a war. Niger's army is not going to fight so what is left is an operation. How will it look like, well this is my guess, If an operation will happen in the next hours: Two elite divisions will raid the palace under the cover of darkness. One to extract Bazoum and the other to kill or capture the coup leaders. After Bazoum must have announced himself, more ECOWAS forces will arrive to keep things stable alongside Nigerien forces.

NB: I actually spotted some interesting military activity some hours ago that might be related to this, but I'll keep that to myself.

I completely agree with you on this. I have always thought so too. It may end up not being a war at all. Just a well planned raid and mission is successful without much carnage.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 11, 2023
Faithful007:

America went into Somalia with a well planned operation backed with equipments and we all know how it ends...!!!
This is no film..let them go in and see what they would meet in Niger...yes Niger maybe the underdog here but nobody should underestimate their capability...!! In war or operation of this kind things may go wrong and end in disaster and with the porous nature of our security aparatus, how are we sure the Nigerien won't have first hand details of the operation, how it would be conducted and carried out...!!?

They would just catch all the men sent in like rats...!!!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:48am On Aug 11, 2023
Faithful007:

Well said mate.

For me am still skeptical about his war; there are always two side to a coin.

1st Side; The Nigerian Government should thread carefully about any frorm of military intervention in Niger Republic. My fear is Mos t of the citizens in Niger are in supoort of the coup. Waging a war against the wish of the people will prove abortive. We find more diplomatic ways of resolving these issue.
I support the motion that the French colonial masters must be driven totally out of Niger and all other forms of exploitations should be stopped hence forth, the people has right to their God given resources and right to choose what ever they want. My conclusion is the interest of Nigeriens should be the core of any resolution.

2nd side of the coin; ECOWAS rising against any military uprising especially in the West African belt is a good move. Six military coups have occurred in Africa in less than two years, including one in Burkina Faso in January this year, two in Mali in 2020 and 2021, and another in Guinea last year.
Chad and Sudan also had military takeovers; however, the preponderance of these incidents occurred in West Africa, where the majority of countries were French colonies.
Military juntas is becoming more prevalent, Africa’s democratic advancement is being derailed by these coups. There is no doubt that Africa has embarked on the democratization process and that it is doing very well. Judging B our porous borders I wouldn't blame the government of Nigeria for intervening, trust me their might be successive coup plots and uprising by militia heads leading to chaos, Sudan should be a lesson for all African nations to learn from.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
Nemesis4you

No inputs?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2023
Nigerian Army Phantom MRAP in service with troops of Operation Hadarin Daji.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
bidexiii:
Nigerian Army Phantom MRAP in service with troops of Operation Hadarin Daji.

BREAKING NEWS: TROOPS OF OPERATION HADARIN DAJI (OPHD) RESCUE FORMER PROVOST, SON IN ZAMFARA STATE

On the 11th of August 2023, Troops of Sector 1 Operation Hadarin Daji deployed at Forward Operating Base Mada in Zamfara state while on routine patrol along Shemori - Yandoto road at Marke general area encountered an unspecified number of armed Bandits.

The troops engaged the Bandits in a fire fight for several hours, due to the troops fire superiority, the bandits fled in disarray into forest along the area.

The OPHD troops immediately went in hot pursuit of the Bandits into the forest which forced them to abandon 2 civilians who were rescued from the Bandits unhurt. and recovered 2 operational motorcycles of the fleeing bandits.

During an interview with the rescued persons they were identified as Dr Hassan Abubakar Augie, a former Provost Federal College of Education (, Technical) Gusau and his son. Preliminary investigation revealed that the abductees were abducted by Armed bandits late last night from his residence and were taken into the forest before the timely arrival of troops who rescued them.

Accordingly, the duo victims have been reunited with their families amidst jubilation while the troops maintained aggressive vigilance and patrol in the general area.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2023
TROOPS RAID IPOB/ESN CAMP IN ENUGU, BUST GUNRUNNER SYNDICATE IN OBUDU, NAB NOTORIOUS COMMANDER, RECOVER ARMS

Troops of 82 Division Nigerian Army under the auspices of Operation UDO KA II in conjunction with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), Department of State Services (DSS) and other security agencies have on Thursday 10 August 2023, conducted a raid operation into the hideouts of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its armed affiliate, Eastern Security Network (ESN), at Imufu in Igbo-Eze North, Local Government Area of Enugu State.

In the encounter with the irredentist fighters, troops subdued the group with superior firepower, neutralizing two fighters and recovered three Semi Automatic Pump Action Rifles and a locally fabricated single barrel gun.

Similarly, troops in conjunction with DSS same day, arrested a notorious ESN Commander, Mr Ezege in a separate sting operation at Obinagu in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State. The arrested ESN Commander, recently threatened to unleash mayhem in Enugu state via his viral video and audio message circulated on some social media platforms . He is currently in custody for further investigations.

In another operational engagement, troops of 130 Battalion operating in 13 Brigade Area of Responsibility under 82 Division Nigerian Army, in collaboration with Department of State Services (DSS) have on Wednesday 9 August 2023 busted a notorious syndicate of Gunrunners at Obudu motorcycle park in Obudu Local Government Area of Cross River state. The operation followed credible intelligence revealing the illicit activities of the Gunrunners in Obudu and Biaju general areas. In the sting operation, the leader of the gun running syndicate was nabbed alongside his accomplices, including two Nigerians and two Cameroonians.

During preliminary investigations, it was revealed that the accomplices purchased firearms, which they in turn sell to a middle man, who supplies the arms and ammunition to Ambazonian Separatists in the Republic of Cameroon. A subsequent operation conducted on Thursday 10 August 2023 led to the arrest of the gunrunning kingpin, Raphael aka Biajua, a Cameroonian, at Biajua community in Boki LGA of Cross River State. The troops also recovered 4 Semi Automatic Pump Action Rifles and four mobile phones.

The Nigerian Army enjoins the general public to remain vigilant and report any untoward activity to the security agencies, in support of ongoing operations to curb security challenges.

The good and enterprising people of the South East Nigeria are also encouraged to discountenance the illegal sit-at-home order
and go about their daily activities and businesses without fear of intimidation, as ongoing operations will be sustained to counter the enforcement of the unlawful order.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
11 August 2023

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2023
AIR STRIKES TARGET OIL THIEVES IN THE NIGER DELTA, IPOB ELEMENTS IN SOUTHEAST AND TERRORISTS IN NORTHEAST

Air power’s ubiquitous tendencies through its speed, range and flexibility again came to fore as various Nigerian Air Force (NAF) aircraft simultaneously decimated criminal elements operating in various parts of the country. In the Niger Delta Region, air strikes were targeted at the nefarious activities of oils thieves which has continued to affect the general environment of the Region as well as the oil output of the Nation. As a follow up to previous air recce missions undertaken, NAF aircraft under Operation Delta Safe on 11 August 2023, conducted air interdiction missions at an illegal refining site situated Southwest of Bille, a coastal town in Degema Local Government Area (LGA) of Rivers State. Same day, air strikes were also extended to a well-known IPOB Camp in Orsumoghu in Ihiala LGA of Anambra State. Intelligence had revealed that IPOB elements in makeshift camps were sighted preparatory to an impending attack on innocent citizens when the need to effectively engaged them. The strike was subsequently carried and deemed successful.

Similar air strikes were also carried out same day by the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai at a location about 1.5km East of Arra, a once-deserted terrorists’ hideout near Sambisa Forest. Earlier reconnaissance on the location had revealed terrorists massing up at the location which had hitherto been cleared of terrorists’ activities about 6 months ago. There were strong indications that these terrorists had fled from locations around Lake Chad after the areas came under intense bombardment by NAF aircraft. The location east of Arra was consequently attacked to decimate the terrorists and deny them settling at the location and using same as a staging point. Footage of the aftermath of the strike later revealed it was successful as several terrorists were neutralized and structures destroyed, while the few surviving terrorists were seen scampering away in disarray. At the end, their ability to attack friendly forces as well as innocent civilians were degraded.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
Odunayaw:
Nemesis4you

No inputs?

Don't have info on same other than spike in sat com in that region, and no point commenting on internal affairs especially without access to info

Though in my personal opinion situation is sort of similar to a leopard risking it's life for a prey, knowing there are lions nearby who will walk over and take its kill

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
Something to ponder on wink

Recently there was leak of diplomatic cables which showed uncle sam the self appointed champion of democracy literally forced the change of a 'democratically elected' govt to another 'democratically elected' govt which suits them

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
MNJTF COMMENCES TRAINING ON COUNTERING VIOLENT EXTREMISM

The Force Commander
@MNJTFOfficial
Maj Gen Ibrahim Sallau Ali has declared opened a training on preventing and countering violent extremism. The event took place today at La Chadienne Hotel in N'djamena.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
Nemesis4you:

Don't have info on same other than spike in sat com in that region, and no point commenting on internal affairs without access to info

Though in my personal opinion situation is sort of similar to a leopard risking it's life for a prey, knowing there are lions nearby who will walk over and take its kill

long time mate
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4czkPqW-Y

MNJTF Operational Successes: "victory against insurgency in the Lake Chad region."

interesting documentary to watch
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
bidexiii:

long time mate
Yeah

How you doing bro
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
Nemesis4you:

Yeah

How you doing bro

good man

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
Nemesis4you:
Something to ponder on wink

Recently there was leak of diplomatic cables which showed uncle sam the self appointed champion of democracy literally forced the change of a 'democratically elected' govt to another 'democratically elected' govt which suits them

Which state?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Which state?
Imran khan
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
Tochex101:
Imran khan

Thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 3:48am On Aug 15, 2023
Niger junta bows to pressure, demands meeting with ECOWAS.

After weeks of resisting diplomatic overtures from the United Nations, African Union, Economic Community of West African States and the United States, the junta in Niger Republic has finally agreed to talks with the ECOWAS to resolve the political crisis in the Sahel country.

The positive signal from the military leaders followed a meeting with a group of Nigerian Islamic clerics in Niamey on Saturday.

Zeine noted “We have agreed and the leader of our country has given the green light for dialogue. They will now go back and inform the Nigerian President what they have heard from us. We hope in the coming days, they (ECOWAS) will come here to meet us to discuss how the sanctions imposed against us will be lifted.”

[url] https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/breaking-niger-coup-leader-tchiani-agrees-to-dialogue-with-ecowas/amp/ [/url]

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:00am On Aug 15, 2023
[/b]JUST IN: Nigerian Air Force MI-171 Helicopter on a casualty evacuation mission crashed today Monday near Chukuba Village in Niger State. Efforts are currently ongoing to rescue the crew and passengers on board the helicopter, while preliminary investigations have commenced to determine the probable cause of the crash[b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: abbey086(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.