Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,075 members, 7,852,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3066143 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
More....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
tdayof:

...but still something needs to be done. We keep borrowing money from some source to fund other things but we ignore the defence while people die everyday. Take a loan worth billions or strike a deal with the Chinese on defense acquisitions (not some useless deal where our airport will be sold like a particular country did) grin grin

I have also noticed Nigerians complaining about funding our defense sector. Nigerians need to realize I'm as much as infrastructure is important, defence is also important. If you're satisfied with the government taking loans worth billions of dollars for economic/health/infrastructural reasons then you shouldn't complain about taking loans for defence.
While understanding your point, I fear reactionary spending(especially when borrow is involved)
Some sectors of the military have been in limbo so long that procedures to bring them to life is Herculean(e.g welfare)

I prefer projects with defined aims&objective,expectancy time etc so that if any administration comes/goes these needs wouldn't change based on what the particular party thinks would glorify them
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
bidexiii:
More....
can someone explain to me why captured boko haram vehicles always look like they were involved in an accident along lagos Ibadan expressway with a Dangote trailer

do they need driving lessons or are most of these vehicles captured during hot pursuit?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
Pre-delivery pictures Senegalese mi-35

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2018
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

can someone explain to me why captured boko haram vehicles always look like they were involved in an accident along lagos Ibadan expressway with a Dangote trailer

do they need driving lessons or are most of these vehicles captured during hot pursuit?
grin grin grin they are not driven on tarred roads!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

grin they are sometimes rammed into and they sometimes ram into

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Some of them are smashed during hot purchase .... and others are damaged due air/artillery bombardment.

1st pic: a vehicle damaged as a result of hot pursuit.

2nd pic: vehicle damaged a a result of air strike.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Pre-delivery pictures Senegalese mi-35

Nice pics...

But I would they go for a helo without night vision capabilities.....in these 21st century.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
bidexiii:

Some of them are smashed during hot purchase .... and others are damaged due air/artillery bombardment.

1st pic: a vehicle damaged as a result of hot pursuit.

2nd pic: vehicle damaged a a result of air strike.
yeah i guess you're right, i was looking for this pic to illustrate my point, you can tell whatever hit this vehicle came from above.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
bidexiii:

Nice pics...

But I would they go for a helo without night vision capabilities.....in these 21st century.

i doubt they are brand new helicopters, most likely refurbished in Ukraine or Poland, those eastern European countries wanting to join or fully integrate into NATO are "throwing" away their soviet hardware at disgusting prices.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
NA cool

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
Odunayaw:
grin they are sometimes rammed into and they sometimes ram into
those boko boys are crazy grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
Is there any website or book where they mention what kind of ammo is fired by Nigerian tanks and if said ammo is produced locally or sourced from another nation?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
fufubear:
Is there any website or book where they mention what kind of ammo is fired by Nigerian tanks and if said ammo is produced locally or sourced from another nation?

https://defensenigeria.com/2017/12/19/say-hello-to-nigerias-t-72-m-battle-tank/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
I got this from Naijaloaded. But I think it is the Augusta Westland gifted to NAF by FGN.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS AVERT MAJOR SUICIDE BOMB ATTACK ON GAMBORU TOWN

Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole deployed around Gamboru Ngala have successfully averted what would have been a major devastating suicide attack carried out by three female Boko Haram terrorists against innocent citizens in Gamboru town in Gamboru Ngala Local Government Area of Borno State in the early hours of Tuesday.

Two of the suicide bombers, strapped with suicide vests had attempted infiltrating Gamboru town at about 6.45 am when they were sighted by a joint patrol team of vigilant troops and Civilian JTF at Unguwar Yobe area shortly before entering the town. They were halted by the patrol team from a safe distance and were ordered to unstrap their suicide vests, to which they vehemently declined. All efforts and entreaties by the patrol team to make the suicide bombers remove their IED vests failed as the duo adamantly approached the troops armed with their IED vests. They were immediately neutralised by the troops, while the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team (EOD) safely unstrapped and detonated the suicide vests.

A third female suicide bomber was detected and intercepted within the same general area and subsequently confessed to the joint patrol that she and the other two terrorists had been dispatched at about 3.30 am on Tuesday to unleash mayhem on Gamboru town. She also revealed the location she had hid her suicide vest and led the troops to recover it. The recovered vests and the surviving suicide bomber have been taken into custody for further interrogations.

We call on the general public to be more alert and vigilant, while going about their daily activities in their various communities to detect suspicious persons and inform the security agencies accordingly.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your various news media.

Grateful for your untiring cooperation.

Col Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command
Operation Lafiya Dole

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:33am On Jan 10, 2018
Photos....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:35am On Jan 10, 2018
Xbee007:
I got this from Naijaloaded. But I think it is the Augusta Westland gifted to NAF by FGN.

Yeah these happened Mid-last year.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:38am On Jan 10, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:41am On Jan 10, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

i doubt they are brand new helicopters, most likely refurbished in Ukraine or Poland, those eastern European countries wanting to join or fully integrate into NATO are "throwing" away their soviet hardware at disgusting prices.

Yeye, grin grin grin

I laugh of them head, especially Ukraine...... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:52am On Jan 10, 2018
Did any body noticed these unexploded grenade.

Was it carried by the Suicide bomber or was thrown to neutralise the suicide vest carrier and did not explode....

Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:05am On Jan 10, 2018
STOP HARBOURING FLEEING BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

This is to warn all residents in the North East not to harbour the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists who are trying to flee from their waterloo. Credible intelligence has revealed that several of the criminal Boko Haram terrorists have resorted to taking refuge in dry wells and other hideouts in some communities along their escape routes from the Sambisa forest in order to evade the sustained bombardments from air and ground troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE.

No one should shield these blood thirsty terrorists. Any unpatriotic and unscrupulous persons especially in the North Eastern states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe found providing safe sanctuaries or any assistance to the criminals will be treated as an accomplice and given same treatment as a terrorist.

All are advised to take the patriotic path by calling the Nigerian Army Information and Call Centre Number 193 to report any fleeing terrorists or report immediately to the nearest security agency.

You are warned. Do not be an accomplice of the terrorists.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:12am On Jan 10, 2018
#NA BYKERS

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2018
SSGN:

This blog is my favorite defense blog. I open it everyday and these days it's kind of sour yk. Incomplete series like the French, Nigeria and China series and very predictable topics: Boko Haram and France you could also write about what we need, When, a timeline or so. You could apply pressure on the government to fund acquisitions or someone at DHQ could see it. You write so well. Thank you
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2018
bidexiii:
Photos....
They are using small girls for their devilish acts. Pathetic group of people, how do they even justify that

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2018
barineh:

This blog is my favorite defense blog. I open it everyday and these days it's kind of sour yk. Incomplete series like the French, Nigeria and China series and very predictable topics: Boko Haram and France you could also write about what we need, When, a timeline or so. You could apply pressure on the government to fund acquisitions or someone at DHQ could see it. You write so well. Thank you

His there a twitter handle or Facebook handle for the blog...?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 7:55am On Jan 10, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

They're actually from Poland.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2018
Xbee007:
They are using small girls for their devilish acts. Pathetic group of people, how do they even justify that

It's more of hypnotising/hypnosis and brain washing..... cool

It's so sad watch teenage boys and girls die like these, little girls are more vulnerable.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 7:57am On Jan 10, 2018
bidexiii:

His there a twitter handle or Facebook handle for the blog...?
No no. Maybe just a phone number.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:02am On Jan 10, 2018
barineh:

No no. Maybe just a phone number.

They should by now have a social media handle : fans would reach and link them easily.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
SSGN:

Thanks but I'm looking for something a little more specific. I'm trying to find out the exact model of rounds. Like for example if the T-72s shoot 3bm22 rounds primarily for APDS or if there is something better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.