Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,442 members, 7,853,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:02 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3067621 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2018
lionel4power:

I don't get... doing what?

On duty and wearing flags and patches of the countries that train them. So far I've seen Russian, Pakistani and UK. Funny enough I've not seen Israeli. Is that because it was an Isreali PMC and not govt? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2018
lionel4power:

I don't get... doing what?

Wearing another countries insigma/flag on there uniforms.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ibrahimanees:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/257597-borno-governor-reveals-armys-best-generals-against-boko-haram.html
We all noticed this, feels good when politicians speak the truth from their hearts every now and then.

Although never knew there’s such a thing as “southern Nigerian” premium times grin

“The last Theatre Commander who is even a northerner had woefully failed to perform,” said Mr. Shettima.

He said the replacement of Mr. Attahiru with Mr. Nicholas, who is a southern Nigerian, was a game changer for the counterinsurgency operations.
“When General Leo Irabor, another southerner, was leaving, he left the Boko Haram insurgents in their degraded state. But the insurgents picked up their hostility shortly after he left,” he said.
Mr. Shettima said the recent victories of the military over Boko Haram were as a result of the change of guard at the Military command and control centre.
“Some of our greatest accomplishments in the current counterinsurgency efforts were recorded under army generals who are not from Borno and northern Nigeria.
“And what we have recorded in the last six weeks outweighs what was accomplished in the last three years, especially under General Nicholas who is yet another hero of our time.“

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:05pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2018
Egypt|ian naval thunderbolts men from the 1st navy special forces brigade, show with good equipments (MP-5s submachine guns / Beretta arx160 rifles / RPG-7 / M-60 machinegun & wearing PICO tactical armours ).

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
frumentius:

On duty and wearing flags and patches of the countries that train them. So far I've seen Russian, Pakistani and UK. Funny enough I've not seen Israeli. Is that because it was an Isreali PMC and not govt? undecided undecided undecided

bidexiii:

Wearing another countries insigma/flag on there uniforms.

I've been noticing it too.. maybe it's because it looks cool. who knows.

I think our servicemen has a lot of freedom to use non-govt issued gears.. it's a good thing.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

We all noticed this, feels good when politicians speak the truth from their hearts every now and then.

Although never knew there’s such a thing as “southern Nigerian” premium times grin

“The last Theatre Commander who is even a northerner had woefully failed to perform,” said Mr. Shettima.

He said the replacement of Mr. Attahiru with Mr. Nicholas, who is a southern Nigerian, was a game changer for the counterinsurgency operations.
“When General Leo Irabor, another southerner, was leaving, he left the Boko Haram insurgents in their degraded state. But the insurgents picked up their hostility shortly after he left,” he said.
Mr. Shettima said the recent victories of the military over Boko Haram were as a result of the change of guard at the Military command and control centre.
“Some of our greatest accomplishments in the current counterinsurgency efforts were recorded under army generals who are not from Borno and northern Nigeria.
“And what we have recorded in the last six weeks outweighs what was accomplished in the last three years, especially under General Nicholas who is yet another hero of our time.“

Chei! See finishing!

Gen Attahiru won't sleep well or look forward to going to work on next day after reading this. Neither will he forgive the governor for this public disgrace. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2018
Wait o
Whats with Nigerian Army and Yellow trucks undecided

Now any time I see yellow trucks on the streets I just start looking around for Sojos.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Wait o
Whats with Nigerian Army and Yellow trucks undecided

Now any time I see yellow trucks on the streets I just start looking around for Sojos.

It's been used for logistic purpose. The Kraz trucks are ain't enough to service the ongoing war.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
homerac7:

Chei! See finishing!

Gen Attahiru won't sleep well or look forward to going to work on next day after reading this. Neither will he forgive the governor for this public disgrace. grin

The truth be told; a lot setbacks happened within the few months been the theatre commander.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
frumentius:

Yet to see US.
Rus guys seems to be d ones that started d trend
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
bidexiii:

It's been used for logistic purpose. The Kraz trucks are ain't enough to service the ongoing war.

Tor
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
homerac7:

Chei! See finishing!

bidexiii:

God even a civilian governors knows who are better theatre commanders....... lipsrsealed
Hmm but guys its not even a secret, we all know the state boko haram was in at the end of 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK4sNdpf4rA

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
bidexiii:
@odunayaw see another soldier that needs spanking..... grin shocked grin
Finally! Am happy to see that FN MAG!!. but then thwack thwack!! soldier git that dahm badge of yo arm
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NAF regmt
ID the sniper rifle for me please
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2018
bidexiii:
Egypt|ian naval thunderbolts men from the 1st navy special forces brigade, show with good equipments (MP-5s submachine guns / Beretta arx160 rifles / RPG-7 / M-60 machinegun & wearing PICO tactical armours ).
Nearly jumped out of my skin when I head some NAF qrf actually trained in Egypt

hopefully there is no doctrine somersault in future
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
bidexiii:

can't they just repaint them to Army green or desert brown or something. Its starting to look like a soldier wearing pink camo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:45pm On Feb 05, 2018
homerac7:

Chei! See finishing!

grin To me it is verbal diarrhoea. The northern & southern/not from borno shyte is uncalled for

"We thank the present theatre commander for picking up and doing better than his predecessor" shikenan! Everyone is happy

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 8:45pm On Feb 05, 2018
Odunayaw:

Be expecting some Egyptian flag and insignia grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
tdayof:

Be expecting some Egyptian flag and insignia grin
grin grin well, it was all hush hush. They even had anti-hijacking training in China grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
Odunayaw:
grin To me it is verbal diarrhoea. The northern & southern/not from borno shyte is uncalled for

"We thank the present theatre commander for picking up and doing better than his predecessor" shikenan! Everyone is happy
Shettima is just a blabbermouth. Why did he have to say all those nonsense?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2018
Odunayaw:
grin grin
well, it was all hush hush. They even had anti-hijacking training in China grin

I have seen the Chinese camo scheme on our troops before. It was once posted here I think by Henry.

Bokoharam: can you give us something lite.

Burutai: walaifalai keyi orfisas give fem 100 rounds. grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nigerian Airforce.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:02am On Feb 06, 2018
tdayof:

I have seen the Chinese camo scheme on our troops before. It was once posted here I think by Henry.

Bokoharam: can you give us something lite.

Burutai: walaifalai keyi orfisas give fem 100 rounds. grin
grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 06, 2018
Odunayaw:
ID the sniper rifle for me please
You’re my Oga when it comes to small arms but since it's RAF I did a quick google search, has to be one of those L -series sniper rifles by accuracy international.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:53am On Feb 06, 2018
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/05/nigerian-govt-reveals-plan-persons-illegal-firearms/

"Dan-Ali also disclosed that the federal government had paid 496 million dollars to the United States for the supply of Super Ticano war jets to the Nigerian Air Force"

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:01am On Feb 06, 2018
Sizzorkay:
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/05/nigerian-govt-reveals-plan-persons-illegal-firearms/

"Dan-Ali also disclosed that the federal government had paid 496 million dollars to the United States for the supply of Super Ticano war jets to the Nigerian Air Force"
Tdayof come and see your government! grin they even paid 2 weeks before deadline.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 4:31am On Feb 06, 2018
Odunayaw:

You go around the world benchmarking with others. Before coming up with your SOPs, training etc

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:53am On Feb 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Tdayof come and see your government! grin they even paid 2 weeks before deadline.

[img]https://media./images/ba2ab44dd88872f912149f94ba34acbd/tenor.gif[/img]

...and I have been here having countdown.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:05am On Feb 06, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

GENERAL IRABOR VISITS SECTOR 4 - URGES MORE VIGILANCE

The Force Commander (FC) Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) Major General Lucky Irabor, has urged troops of Sector 4 MNJTF (Diffa) Niger Republic, to be more vigilant and alert in order to avoid any surprise from Boko Haram terrorists. He made this remark during a visit to the Headquarters Sector 4 Diffa recently.

Addressing the Commander, Colonel Major Noma Dari and his Officers, the FC stated that he was in Diffa to assess troops operational readiness. He commended the Commander, his Officers and soldiers for all the contributions made in the counter insurgency operations, but emphasized the urgent need for increased surveillance, commitment and steadfastness. He assured the Sector of the continued support and assistance from Headquarters MNJTF.

Major General Irabor also paid a visit to Sector 4 health unit where he encouraged the soldiers who sustained injuries during a recent operation. He commended them for their sacrifice and wished them quick recovery.

Earlier, the Commander of Sector 4 presented a detailed brief on the activities, achievements and challenges of the formation especially in the ongoing fight against terrorism and insurgency.

The FC was accompanied on the visit by the Deputy Force Commander Brigadier General Seydou Badje, some Chiefs of Cells from the Headquarters MNJTF including: Colonels Ngwah Abdoulaye, Sarki Bako, Oumarou Lawali, Seini Yansambou amongst others.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public.

We count on your usual co-operation.

Colonel Timothy Antigha
Chief Military Public Information Officer
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2018
Odunayaw:
Finally! Am happy to see that FN MAG!!. but then thwack thwack!! soldier git that dahm badge of yo arm

grin grin grin
I knew you'd pick up on the FN!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 11:05am On Feb 06, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.