Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,586 members, 7,847,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:07 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3060256 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Seened: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Tdayof come and see your government! grin they even paid 2 weeks before deadline.

And here I was banking on Tdayof's mojo to work grin

Modified:
Oh! grin The 'lamentations' has already began on Nairaland's front page grin

I don't have the heart to tell them they have to wait for 2 years before delivery begins grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:26am On Feb 06, 2018
NAF AIRLIFTS RESCUED HOSTAGES FROM SAMBISA FOREST, PROVIDES MEDICAL TREATMENT

Following concerted efforts by air and ground elements against Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) in the Sambisa Forest, which led to the capture of Camp Zairo, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has airlifted rescued hostages who had been in the captivity of the BHTs. The rescued hostages, including the aged, women as well as children, were airlifted to the 105 Composite Group, Maiduguri by the NAF Agusta 109 helicopter. At the NAF Base in Maiduguri, the NAF Medical Team, which was on standby, conducted preliminary medical checks on the rescued hostages and also provided them with medical treatment prior to the process of integrating them into the larger society. Furthermore, the rescued hostages, who were all looking tired and malnourished after the period of captivity, were fed by the NAF.

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has directed that those with serious medical cases be immediately placed on admission to ensure they were adequately cared for. This is in furtherance of the NAF’s resolute efforts at winning the ‘hearts and minds’ of the locals, as part of an overall campaign strategy. It would be recalled that the NAF, under its current leadership, has been rendering humanitarian services to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the North East and other parts of the country as part of its corporate social responsibility. So far, over 300, 000 IDPs have benefited from NAF’s medical outreach programmes, which spread across the entire country. The NAF would continue to airlift the rescued hostages and provide them with the needed initial succour.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2018
Photos

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:40am On Feb 06, 2018
BruncleZuma:

E don happen oooo

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/02/06/nigeria-pays-us-govt-496m-for-acquisition-of-12-tucano-fighter-jets/

We have allowed middlemen to con us...chai
What middlemen are you talking about?
You think USA would allow that? The deal was , no middlemen involved.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
In addition, he said the government had acquired five units of caterpillar armoured mine-sweepers, new French patrol boats for the Nigerian Navy, and two fighter jets from Pakistan.

You say whatttttt?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
Seened:

And here I was banking on Tdayof's mojo to work grin

Modified:
Oh! grin The 'lamentations' has already began on Nairaland's front page grin

I don't have the heart to tell them they have to wait for 2 years before delivery begins grin

As e don happen, one news there Don calm me down.

In addition, he said the government had acquired five units of caterpillar armoured mine-sweepers, new French patrol boats for the Nigerian Navy, and two fighter jets from Pakistan.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Seened: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
tdayof:

As e don happen, one news there Don calm me down.

"two fighter jets from Pakistan "

I am hoping with all my heart that the minister means the JF-17s. Don't want to read a rebuttal tomorrow saying he was referring to the Super Mushshak. This waiting is tiring.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:25pm On Feb 06, 2018
Seened:

"two fighter jets from Pakistan "

I am hoping with all my heart that the minister means the JF-17s. Don't want to read a rebuttal tomorrow saying he was referring to the Super Mushshak. This waiting is tiring.

We should at least get 6 units of these jf17..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
Xbee007:

What middlemen are you talking about?
You think USA would allow that? The deal was , no middlemen involved.

There's never complete in the business of precision life taking. I'd wait for 2020 to hear the full gist.

USA is the worst when it comes to arms trade selling .
Since Embraer is Brazillian, the USA is the middleman in this case. But wait ooo Ghana bought 5 of them at $88mn this kind fleecing nah world cup levels oooo

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
#BUSH MASTERS

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2018
bidexiii:
#BUSH MASTERS
omo this foxhole shallow ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2018
BruncleZuma:

There's never complete in the business of precision life taking. I'd wait for 2020 to hear the full gist.

USA is the worst when it comes to selling...arms trade.
What I do know is that this is no longer the era of shady defence contractors the likes of Arthur Eze and his cohorts.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/10/how-jonathan-awarded-500-million-defense-contract-arthur-eze-purchase-refurbished
When you introduce totally redundant middlemen, whose sole aim is profit regardless of what is at stake, then you get a corrupt and ineffective régime as Jonathan's.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2018
Xbee007:

What I do know is that this is no longer the era of shady defence contractors the likes and of Arthur Eze and his cohorts.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/10/how-jonathan-awarded-500-million-defense-contract-arthur-eze-purchase-refurbished
When you introduce totally redundant middlemen, whose sole aim is profit regardless of what is at stake, then you get a corrupt and ineffective régime as Jonathan's.

Remove politics and name calling uncle politics section is on another thread.

So why are we paying the US instead of Brazil and at a bloated cost?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:56pm On Feb 06, 2018
BruncleZuma:

Remove politics and name calling uncle politics section is on another thread.

Okay let me rephrase, "When you introduce totally redundant middlemen, whose sole aim is profit making regardless of what is at stake, then you get helicopters dropping out of the sky, killing good men, just because their rotors don't fit."
So why are we paying the US instead of Brazil and at a bloated cost?
Nigeria did attempt to buy from Brazil but was blocked by USA cos a large portion of the Super Tucano's parts comes from USA so Brazil can't sell it to anyone without USA's blessings.
My self would like the idea of NAF reattempting the Brazilian deal since 2020 is too far.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
Xbee007:

Okay let me rephrase, "When you introduce totally redundant middlemen, whose sole aim is profit making regardless of what is at stake, then you get helicopters dropping out of the sky, killing good men, just because their rotors don't fit."

Nigeria did attempt to buy from Brazil but was blocked by USA cos a large portion of the Super Tucano's parts comes from USA so Brazil can't sell it to anyone without USA's blessings.
My self would like the idea of NAF reattempting the Brazilian deal since 2020 is too far.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=301f9c2ece335dc536d1763cf7a6ef17&tab=core&_cview=0

That's where the US government middlemen go to get their deals.

The US government doesn't "sell" things except they want to make it discrete.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
BruncleZuma:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=301f9c2ece335dc536d1763cf7a6ef17&tab=core&_cview=0

That's where the US government middle go to get their deals.

The US government doesn't "sell" things except they want to make it discrete.
Then the middlemen in this context will be companies that render the goods and services required. Like the companies that will build the aircraft, transport them, construct the hangars, supply the FLIR system and whatnots.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
Xbee007:

Then the middlemen in this context will be companies that render the goods and services required. Like the companies that will build the aircraft, transport them, construct the hangars, supply the FLIR system and whatnots.

The only thing the US may gain is taxes and a sense of "security"...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
bidexiii:

I'll be contesting in the 2023 presidential election.

My defence procurements

1) Purchase or 24 SU-35
2) total amount of JF17 Will be 36.
3) Purchase of Chinese HQ series SAMS and s300
4) Purchase of 6 frigates and 6 Corvettes
5) 300 T-90 or T-147

Make una go get una PVC and vote me in grin By then, Lionel4power will be proud being Nigerian grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
At least the Govt is speaking unlike what we used to have
The only way we know of acquisitions is wen they pics like or SR leaks doc indicating corruption.
Till date no info on the CH3, T72 n co
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
tdayof:

My defence procurements

1) Purchase or 24 SU-35
5) 300 T-90 or T-147

Make una go get una PVC and vote me in grin By then, Lionel4power will be proud being Nigerian grin

I'll vote for you.... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
tdayof:

My defence procurements

1) Purchase or 24 SU-35
5) 300 T-90 or T-147

Tdayof I sabi your type, small wardrobe allowance go just make your brain twist... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2018
bidexiii:

Eventually.... nobody in this world, not even a rebel group gets 2 fighter jets, I think we are following the Indonesian model of slowly building up fighter fleet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Eventually.... nobody in this world, not even a rebel group gets 2 fighter jets, I think we are following the Indonesian model of slowly building up fighter fleet.

Very bad for a country fighting a deadly insurgency.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
tdayof:

[img]https://media./images/ba2ab44dd88872f912149f94ba34acbd/tenor.gif[/img]

...and I have been here having countdown.
When did they have time to “protest the stringent conditions” , this whole time I was thought some serious behind the scenes negotiations were going on, smh these our politicians have PHD in falling hand.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2018
Should have just bought any trainer and sent them to China or just buy Chinese L15 jets. The Tucano deal is too lopsided.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2018
Nigerian soldiers, component of UN mission in Liberia

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by patches689: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Wait o
Whats with Nigerian Army and Yellow trucks undecided

Now any time I see yellow trucks on the streets I just start looking around for Sojos.

Somewhere in the world... a US Marine is missing his uniform...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
More from the recent operation that led to the rescue of dozens of hostages.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
patches689:

Somewhere in the world... a US Marine is missing his uniform...
Nahh, AFSF have something similar to MARPAT

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
MikeCZA:
You go around the world benchmarking with others. Before coming up with your SOPs, training etc
I agree
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Nahh, AFSF have something similar to MARPAT

The last picture is so dope kiss wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.