Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,988 members, 7,852,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3065811 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 2:25am On Apr 08, 2018
The Tunisia Navy Damen MSOPV 1400 Offshore Patrol Boat arrives.

The Tunisian Navy Multi Service Offshore Patrol Vessel 1400 (MSOPV 1400) series have just arrived the country from its shipyard at Galatians in Romania.
The lead vessel Jugurtha began its journey in early March and arrived at its destination at the Tunisian naval base of Bizerte on 9 March, according to Automatic Identification System (AIS) data.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-TEqInCNuQqQ/WslqCoAzveI/AAAAAAAAB1E/9La94HPkuHQKoru2bbusgkuaVW6lOwckgCLcBGAs/s1600/offshore_patrol_vessels.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-nx8WvoAvw_Q/WslqKFTaarI/AAAAAAAAB1I/BllsgyHDx-oEQRndO-6LqjZvHs6OEIWUwCLcBGAs/s1600/offshore_patrol_vessel_1400.jpg[/img]

READ»»
https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/04/the-tunisia-navy-damen-msopv-1400.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 2:29am On Apr 08, 2018
Ghanaians say "No to US Military base in Ghana."

[img]https://3.bp..com/-49j2sKjBQQ8/WsfyOj1HOWI/AAAAAAAAB0g/X5XRIqqMtHYxfRZZDqTWHfoZ5PnY41YcQCLcBGAs/s1600/US-Soldiers.png[/img]

Following aggressive protests in Accra the country's capital, the president Nana Akufo-Addo has capitulated and will not set-up foreign military base in Ghana.

The President stated during a press briefing on air that the both the United State and Ghana would sign a defence cooperation agreement however, there would be no military base.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-Lo4KeG46pAQ/WsfyOa4BfCI/AAAAAAAAB0c/loS7yffHjHU0OhzctQuzehv0nafLW6f_QCLcBGAs/s320/military%2Bbase%2Bin%2Bghana.jpg[/img]

Defence experts have warned such an agreement undermines the Ghana's national sovereignty.

“I will never be the president that will compromise or sell the sovereignty of our country. I respect deeply the memory of the great patriots whose sacrifice and toil brought about our independence and freedom,” Akufo-Addo assured Ghanaians.

READ»»»
https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/04/ghanaians-say-no-to-us-military-base-in.html?m=1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2018
lionel4power:
Ghanaians say "No to US Military base in Ghana."

[img]https://3.bp..com/-49j2sKjBQQ8/WsfyOj1HOWI/AAAAAAAAB0g/X5XRIqqMtHYxfRZZDqTWHfoZ5PnY41YcQCLcBGAs/s1600/US-Soldiers.png[/img]

Following aggressive protests in Accra the country's capital, the president Nana Akufo-Addo has capitulated and will not set-up foreign military base in Ghana.

The President stated during a press briefing on air that the both the United State and Ghana would sign a defence cooperation agreement however, there would be no military base.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-Lo4KeG46pAQ/WsfyOa4BfCI/AAAAAAAAB0c/loS7yffHjHU0OhzctQuzehv0nafLW6f_QCLcBGAs/s320/military%2Bbase%2Bin%2Bghana.jpg[/img]

Defence experts have warned such an agreement undermines the Ghana's national sovereignty.

“I will never be the president that will compromise or sell the sovereignty of our country. I respect deeply the memory of the great patriots whose sacrifice and toil brought about our independence and freedom,” Akufo-Addo assured Ghanaians.
I glad he came to his senses.

READ»»»
https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/04/ghanaians-say-no-to-us-military-base-in.html?m=1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
But why do our guys always tie their extra magazine to their rifle
Even the Nigerian Police too!

I don't understand, how comfortable are they carrying things like that
Or is Magazine pouches and jackets that expensive ?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:
But why do our guys always tie their extra magazine to their rifle
Even the Nigerian Police too!

I don't understand, how comfortable are they carrying things like that
Or is Magazine pouches and jackets that expensive ?

It makes it faster to switch magazines. It has nothing to do with cost of any pouch or jacket.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
iblawi:

It makes it faster to switch magazines. It has nothing to do with cost of any pouch or jacket.

Agreed it is some times faster.
I have come across officers especially NPF who bound about 3 magazines together in their rifle.
Sometimes they have to use very strong duct tapes...

But then..

Are these bounded magazines not increasing the weight of the rifle ?
Are they not making it clumsy to handle?

Tying magazines to a rifle is not SOP, they call it "Jungle style".
The shit gotta stop.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Agreed it is some times faster.
I have come across officers especially NPF who bound about 3 magazines together in their rifle.
Sometimes they have to use very strong duct tapes...

But then..

Are these bounded magazines not increasing the weight of the rifle ?
Are they not making it clumsy to handle?

Tying magazines to a rifle is not SOP, they call it "Jungle style".
The shit gotta stop.

"Are these bounded magazines not increasing the weight of the rifle?" There is always trade off in everything we do in life. A little more weight for faster switching of magazines.

Are they not making it clumsy to handle? Who no go no go know.

Tying magazines to a rifle is not SOP, they call it "Jungle style". This is not common to Nigerian military alone.

The shit gotta stop. No one is forcing anyone. If the soldiers were not comfortable with it am sure it wouldn't have been a common practice.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
iblawi:

"Are these bounded magazines not increasing the weight of the rifle?" There is always trade off in everything we do in life. A little more weight for faster switching of magazines.

"A little more weight"... And thats why our men throw away their rifle in a case where they gotta run from danger with their two legs. grin grin

Or in a fire fight, if my comrade run outa ammo how do I quickly throw him some if my mags are taped together undecided

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:

"A little more weight"... And thats why our men throw away their rifle in a case where they gotta run from danger with their two legs. grin grin

Or in a fire fight, if my comrade run outa ammo how do I quickly throw him some if my mags are taped together undecided
Do you really know how heavy a magazine is? Don't know if you just want to post comments sha.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
iblawi:
Do you really know how heavy a magazine is? Don't know if you just want to post comments sha.

I know for a fact that tapping together 3 mags will make the rifle heavier wink... Thus making the carrier slower!

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:

I know for a fact that tapping together 3 mags will make the rifle heavier wink... Thus making the carrier slower!

For a notorious "spraying" assault rifle like Ak 47, maybe tying magazines together makes it more balanced and improves accuracy of fire. I don't have facts or evidence just theory.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
bidexiii:
Meet Lieutenant-Colonel Francis Adekunle Fajuyi remains the ONLY black African to have won the Military Cross. He was awarded this for his bravery in Myanmar (formerly Burma), during World War II in 1945.
Bro, do u have any link where I can read about his operation in burma.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:

It is a personal thing. It doesn't add much weight too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_style_(firearm_magazines)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
SternProphet:

For a notorious "spraying" assault rifle like Ak 47, maybe tying magazines together makes it more balanced and improves accuracy of fire. I don't have facts or evidence just theory.

bro don't defend what you don't know...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
tdayof:

If this was Nigeria and this picture hits Nairaland front page, you'll see comments like see how our military has been reduced to farmers. I just hate it when military posts hit nl front page.
grin grin grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2018
Odunayaw:
I stand with "They are supplied".. no terrorist fight expensively

Disagree comprehensively you shouldn't be suprised what you can get in Ukraine and a number of the break away former Soviet union Republics
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by claremont(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
iblawi:

It's actually a sign of poor discipline and unprofessionalism. There is no professional Army anywhere in the world that trains its troops to tape magazines together, and that's because they know it will lead to all sorts of problems when firing. A rifle is designed to hold one magazine in order to function effectively, all spare magazines should be kept away in the magazine pouches/webbing. I do not believe having multiple magazines strapped to a rifle makes it faster to switch magazines, the speed at which a soldier swaps an empty magazine with one in his magazine pouch is a function of continuous training and experience.

A soldier who is caught engaging in unprofessional practices like this in any professional Army worldwide would be severely disciplined, it's just not done. I don't understand why section commanders in the Nigerian Army allow this to go on amongst troops in their units.

Source: Veteran of an airborne unit.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
tdayof:

It is a personal thing. It doesn't add much weight too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_style_(firearm_magazines)

grin grin grin
Bro you too look at the picture you posted... See the Police men bending to one side. That clearly depicts how heavy their rifle is... All thanks to their 3 or more cramped together mags.

From this picture where the men couldn't even stand straight cos of their heavy rifle... I am 100% certain they gonna dump the rifle should they be in need of a "tactical withdrawal" through their legs. cheesy

Consequently, the bad boys will now have not just another rifle but also extra mags.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
claremont:

It's actually a sign of poor discipline and unprofessionalism. There is no professional Army anywhere in the world that trains its troops to tape magazines together, and that's because they know it will lead to all sorts of problems when firing. A rifle is designed to hold one magazine in order to function effectively, all spare magazines should be kept away in the magazine pouches/webbing. I do not believe having multiple magazines strapped to a rifle makes it faster to switch magazines, the speed at which a soldier swaps an empty magazine with one in his magazine pouch is a function of continuous training and experience.

A soldier who is caught engaging in unprofessional practices like this in any professional Army worldwide would be severely disciplined, it's just not done. I don't understand why section commanders in the Nigerian Army allow this to go on amongst troops in their units.

Oh shut up you!
Instagram is awash with US & NATO SOF using their magazines jungle style! (magazines together in a narrow V)
Jeez!

https://www.cdnnsports.com/mag-clamp-ar15-mini-14.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:

grin grin grin
Bro you too look at the picture you posted... See the Police men bending to one side. That clearly depicts how heavy their rifle is... All thanks to their 3 or more cramped together mags.

From this picture where the men couldn't even stand straight cos of their heavy rifle... I am 100% certain they gonna dump the rifle should they be in need of a "tactical withdrawal" through their legs. cheesy

Consequently, the bad boys will now have not just another rifle but also extra mags.
You're very correct on the "added weight". However, you have not been in a combat situation where time for " changing" becomes a luxury. I only have a problem when soldiers tape past two mags together but then we have soldiers on this forum and I have raised this issue before & it has been buried
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
claremont:

Mr professor.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2018

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
This is enough to explain everything.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nemesis4u

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
claremont:

When you go prone... you pack dirt.... dirt Jams rifle.... you die.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2018
Una done finish?
Bidexii I beg make you check on Maiduguri for us.
IED
Gunshots
On going
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 12:39am On Apr 09, 2018
abiodunalasa:

grin grin grin

He's running, that's why. If that thing ain't heavy for me, then I see no reason why a man who's been carrying this everyday should find it heavy.

You can see over 10 officers running with their riffle in a very fit manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKe-djzLciY

They have absolutely zero issues with the weight.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 09, 2018
tdayof:

He's running, that's why. If that thing ain't heavy for me, then I see no reason why a man who's been carrying this everyday should find it heavy.

You can see over 10 officers running with their riffle in a very fit manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKe-djzLciY

They have absolutely zero issues with the weight.

Nice � video

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 6:42am On Apr 09, 2018
Somali armed forces cadets at Mogadishu Military Academy

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 6:57am On Apr 09, 2018
Ministry of Internal security affairs have released a statement confirming that security forces seized a $9.6M at Mogadishu airport on Sunday.from a UAE aircraft

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.