Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,105 members, 7,867,176 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3080221 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2018
Cameroon’s anglophone war, A rifle is the only way out
Emmanuel Freudenthal recently became the first journalist to spend time with an anglophone armed group, trekking for a week with them in the sun and rain, across rivers and up steep hills, through dark rainforests and fields of giant grass. In this two-part series, he explores the make-up and motivation of the Ambazonia Defense Forces, and how the civil war brewing in Cameroon is changing the lives of fighters, civilians, and refugees.

“I killed three of them,” says Abang. “I use this [gun] to kill them like animals, as they are killing me, killed all my brothers.”

Before the army destroyed his village and killed his three brothers, Abang was a farmer and an electrician. Today, he’s one of hundreds of anglophone men fighting with hunting rifles and magical amulets against the US- and French-trained Cameroonian army in an attempt to win independence for a new country they call Ambazonia.
Cameroon’s anglophone minority has been requesting greater autonomy since former territories held by the British and French were federated into one central African nation in 1961. These demands have become steadily more vocal since the 1980s.

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/06/cameroon-ambazonia-war

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2018
OFF TOPIC

A Ceremony for the delivery of four super tucano aircraft , donated by the United States of America

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
Tunisian Desert Corps Mahari Regiment

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
lionel4power:
Cameroon’s anglophone war, A rifle is the only way out
Emmanuel Freudenthal recently became the first journalist to spend time with an anglophone armed group, trekking for a week with them in the sun and rain, across rivers and up steep hills, through dark rainforests and fields of giant grass. In this two-part series, he explores the make-up and motivation of the Ambazonia Defense Forces, and how the civil war brewing in Cameroon is changing the lives of fighters, civilians, and refugees.

“I killed three of them,” says Abang. “I use this [gun] to kill them like animals, as they are killing me, killed all my brothers.”

Before the army destroyed his village and killed his three brothers, Abang was a farmer and an electrician. Today, he’s one of hundreds of anglophone men fighting with hunting rifles and magical amulets against the US- and French-trained Cameroonian army in an attempt to win independence for a new country they call Ambazonia.
Cameroon’s anglophone minority has been requesting greater autonomy since former territories held by the British and French were federated into one central African nation in 1961. These demands have become steadily more vocal since the 1980s.

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/06/cameroon-ambazonia-war

Cameroon security forces torturing English speakers, Amnesty says

(CNN) — Cameroon is in the grip of spiraling violence that has seen security forces and armed separatists torture and attack people in the country's English speaking region, a new report by Amnesty International has said.
The human rights group says it has spoken to more than 150 victims and eyewitnesses to gather evidence of escalating violence in the northwest and southwest region of the country.
Rights groups call for probe into protesters' deaths during 2016 demonstrations in Cameroon.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/06/11/africa/cameroon-anglophone-torture-amnesty-intl/index.html?rm=1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
Kenya Defence Forces peace enforcers working under the African Union Mission in Somalia @amisomsomalia conducted a free medical camp and distributed foodstuffs to residents of Hoosingo, Lower Jubba Region. #HumanitarianAssistance

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
Daesh #ISIS Sniper caught by the Libyan National Army on #Derna #Libya

https://twitter.com/HosamDakhakhni/status/1006661123364589569
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
#AFSF with radio comms

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
Falmata Shekau, mother of Abubakar Shekau who is the leader of Boko Haram speaks with VOA.
https://www.voanews.com/amp/voa-interview-mother-of-boko-haram-leader/4438375.html?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
IDPs returning to their homes in Gudumbali

Brenda uji

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
Interior, NPF bell 412EP

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
Bad timing grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
One shot
One kill

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Bad timing grin
grin grin grin
Heil H****r lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
Xbee007:

grin grin grin
Heil Buhari lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin corrected it

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
IDPs returning to their homes in Gudumbali

Brenda uji

Name of vehicle ?

And the mobile no of the lady if possible grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
bidex111:
Tunisian Desert Corps Mahari Regiment

@ mikecza grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
nemesis8u:

grin grin grin corrected it

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Go to the central of a market in Nigeria with a loud speaker and shout Hail Buhari, it will take a miracle for one to come back home in one piece.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
Xbee007:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Go to the central of a market in Nigeria with a loud speaker and shout Hail Buhari, it will take a miracle for one to come back home in one piece.

I donblvit untill u demonstrate it grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
nemesis8u:

Name of vehicle ?

And the mobile no of the lady if possible grin

Streit typhoon and her Twitter is @brendauji

I’m not sure she’s the lady you want to mess with though grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2018
Xbee007:

grin grin grin
Heil H****r lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
grin grin good, I’m not the only one thinking it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Streit typhoon and her Twitter is @brendauji

I’m not sure she’s the lady you want to mess with though grin

I hereby nominate u my wingman in the quest to glory grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
nemesis8u:

I donblvit untill u demonstrate it grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Thanks, I will pass.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Bad timing grin
I won't be surprised if our bloggers changes the story as how NA general mistakes a normal salute to a nazi salute undecided

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
NAF GRADUATES ADDITIONAL REGIMENT PERSONNEL TO BOOST ITS COUNTERINSURGENCY OPERATIONS

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has graduated another batch of Regiment personnel trained by the British Military Advisory and Training Team (BMATT) at the Regiment Training Centre (RTC), Kaduna. The combined graduation ceremony, which took place yesterday, 13 June 2018 witnessed the graduation of hundreds of additional Regiment personnel, comprising officers and airmen/airwomen, who had completed various specialized courses namely Basic Regiment Officers’ Course, Advanced Regiment Airmen’s Course and Basic Regiment Airmen/Airwomen’s Course. Also graduated along the Regiment personnel were nearly 200 personnel of Air Police and Air Intelligence Specialties. With the graduation, the NAF’s combat readiness to meet the asymmetric and dynamic security challenges confronting the country would be further boosted.

Speaking at the graduation ceremony, the Guest of Honour, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, disclosed that the NAF would continue to develop requisite capabilities to match its roles, whether conventional or asymmetric. The CAS further stated that the NAF would continue to build a highly sustainable and functional air force that would be highly responsive and decisive to have depth, flexibility and capability to operate either alone or in conjunction with surface forces. According to him, the NAF would also continue to conduct a wide range of operations, from humanitarian assistance and peace enforcement to counterinsurgency operations, in furtherance of national security and development objectives. Air Marshal Abubakar disclosed that the NAF was focused on reinvigorating capabilities that had declined, developing new capabilities for the changing security environment and adapting processes to reflect the broader range of security requirements aimed at generating combat forces to secure own bases against all forms of hostile elements.

On the training package, the CAS revealed that since November 2015, the NAF had commenced a 5-year training collaboration with the BMATT, aimed at training NAF Regiment personnel on Force Protection in Complex Air and Ground Environments (FP-CAGE). Of recent, the Air Provost and Intelligence Specialties were incorporated into the course for better synergy in force protection and appropriate delineation of responsibilities for complementary roles in the Base Defence Architecture. The CAS observed that the training, which holds at RTC twice a year, had resulted in the training of well over one thousand personnel. He therefore commended personnel of BMATT for their dedication, hard work and commitment to the FP-CAGE training package at the RTC. While congratulating the graduands for their commitment, self-discipline and determination throughout the course, the CAS urged them to imbibe the attributes of the military profession, which include absolute loyalty, discipline, honesty, intelligence, physical fitness, motivation, accountability, judgment, decisiveness, teamwork and courage among other values. He therefore implored them to put all that they had learnt while on the course to maximum use to safeguard lives and properties within their areas of responsibilities. “You must not allow yourself to be used by disgruntled elements in the society and you must also submit yourselves to the civil authority and protect our democracy,” he said.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Commandant RTC, Group Captain Isaac Subi, stated that RTC had restructured its curriculum for more effective and efficient training to meet the ever changing complexities of military operations either during war or in peace time. He also disclosed that the training module included practical demonstrations, film shows and field exercises covering wide range of counterterrorism drills, commando fighting tactics, airfield defence, force protection and close quarter battle in an environment of uncertainty. The Commandant thanked the CAS for his support and for trusting the Centre to actualize his desire to build requisite capacity for the NAF.

The graduation ceremony was preceded by a field demonstration of some of the skills acquired by the graduands while on the course. The highlight of the occasion was the presentation of awards to graduands that distinguished themselves during the course. Two female personnel, Aircraftwomen Adejimi TB and Depriye BK, were among the awardees that performed excellently during the course.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
Photos....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
More....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2018
Conclusion....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2018
nemesis8u:

I hereby nominate u my wingman in the quest to glory grin grin grin
Let me familiarize you with the with the Nigerian acronym OYO, on your own. grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:11am On Jun 15, 2018
GOODWILL MESSAGE FROM LIEUTENANT GENERAL TY BURATAI NAM OMM (BR) GSS psc(+) ndc (BD) FCMH FNHAM BA (Hons) MA MPhil THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF TO OFFICERS AND SOLDIERS ON THE OCCASION OF 2018 EID-EL FITR CELEBRATIONS

1. I wish to use this medium to felicitate with all officers, soldiers of the NA and their families on this occasion of 2018 Eid-el-Fitr Celebrations. This Celebration which climax the Holy month of Ramadan offers an opportunity for spiritual upliftment and renewal of our collective commitment to the NA and the Nation at large. I want to use this occasion to commend personnel for their tireless contribution in the sustenance of peace and security across the Country and I urge all to remain professionally focused to this end.

2. The achievements recorded by the NA in the various activities conducted in last few months is worthy of mention. These activities include the successful conduct of Op DEEP PUNCH II, Ex AYEM AKPATUMA (Ex CAT RACE) Op LAST HOLD which is ongoing and the hosting of the African Land Forces Summit in Abuja to mention but few. Furthermore, we have effectively tackled the Boko Haram Insurgency. However, in the areas of kidnapping, cattle rustling in the North Central and North Western Regions; we are re-strategizing to decisively deal with the situation. These feats no doubt are calls for officers and soldiers to redouble our efforts in the collective discharge of our constitutional roles. In the pursuit of this, I charge you all to maintain disciplined, be committed, dedicated, resilient and courageous in the discharge of your duties.

3. May I at this point reiterate my total commitment towards achieving my vision for the NA. It is my desire to transform the NA into a more potent and professional responsive force that will effectively curtail contemporary security challenges. To this end, I want to reassure you all that issues bothering on training and welfare will continue to receive my utmost attention. We shall continue to do our best to ensure the wellbeing of our officers and soldiers as well as their families.

4. Finally, on this great occasion, I want to on behalf of officers and soldiers of the NA reaffirm our unalloyed loyalty to the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The NA will continue to remain apolitical while ensuring the sustenance of democracy.

5. I wish you all a happy Eid-el-Fitr Celebrations. Thank you and Allah bless you all.

TUKUR YUSUFU BURATAI
Lieutenant General
Chief of Army Staff
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2018
Ejo awon wo tun ni awon eleyi ??

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2018
Happy Eid Mubarak to our Muslim brethren . As you celebrate this holy day, may God's blessings continue to manifest in your homes.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.