Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,715 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3066338 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
The ARA being showcased to PMB
ARA is a nice vehicle but we need enough of it in the field not for photoshoots

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
giles14:
grin grin grin grin grin
Is that a prototype??

God why are you guys making my ribs crack..... grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
giles14:
grin grin grin grin grin
Is that a prototype??
It’s the first prototype
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

This thing is not helicopter now

Lol

Didn't see it this clear sha. Even the cameraman was just shaking before I left.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
giles14:
ARA is a nice vehicle but we need enough of it in the field not for photoshoots

In the video COAS said 8 have been ordered and those were the first 2 delivered, the old prototype also had 2 delivered, so 10 in total.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

This

I can see a 40mm bofor AAA

How many do u have ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2018
nemesis8u:

I can see a 40mm bofor AAA

How many do u have ?
12 apparently

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-32118/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
President Buhari disembarking the ARA

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2018
More PHOTOS FROM NADCEL 2018 : PMB INSPECTING THE ARA PROFORCE.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
bidex111:
More
Proforce was really the center of attention

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
It’s the first prototype
first prototype of wat ? a utility , scout or attack helicopter?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
giles14:
first prototype of wat ?
a utility , scout or attack helicopter?
Lol am I the project manager?
We are both seeing it today for the first time grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
giles14:
first prototype of wat ?
a utility , scout or attack helicopter?

First prototype of the ARA MRAP, the picture below is the 1st prototype.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
bidex111:

First prototype of the ARA MRAP, the picture below is the 1st prototype.
No he’s talking about the helicopter.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
Henry240:

What sort of contraption is that?

"Are we all running around mad in this country?". undecided undecided

i beg to differ

this i believe is a PROOF OF CONCEPT. (PoC)

Proof of concept (PoC) is a realization of a certain method or idea in order to demonstrate its feasibility, or a demonstration in principle with the aim of verifying that some concept or theory has practical potential. A proof of concept is usually small and may or may not be complete.

now something i observed with the way the Nigerian defense industry works, they take things slowly but at the end they end up getting world class equipment.

lets go back in time a bit.

now who remembers this ugly APC?

Yes it is the Igirigi
Now look at it after so mny attempts..

What about this ugly looking bird?
[img]https://defensenigeria.files./2017/08/2017-08-19-01-46-12.png[/img]

yes the Amebo... now look at it...
worldclass

_______________________________--
Okay lets see the south African attempts at Rooivalk

now look at the result after years of hardwork

what im 'm trying to say is that this Proof of Concept www.nairaland.com/attachments/7373776_6ee9398f993c4786b311d8dc6e80b0ac_jpeg_jpege0292a36560e8ef295e45c7bc1caebfa would end up like this.... pictures attached.

only time will tell.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
lionel4power:

i beg to differ

Proof of concept (PoC) is a realization of a certain method or idea in order to demonstrate its feasibility, or a demonstration in principle with the aim of verifying that some concept or theory has practical potential. A proof of concept is usually small and may or may not be complete.

now something i observed with the way the Nigerian defense industry works, they take things slowly but at the end they end up getting world class equipment.

Yes it is the Igirigi

worldclass

what im 'm trying to say is that this Proof of Concept www.nairaland.com/attachments/7373776_6ee9398f993c4786b311d8dc6e80b0ac_jpeg_jpege0292a36560e8ef295e45c7bc1caebfa would end up like this.... pictures attached.

only time will tell.
Looking at how you've presented it, i agree with you.

However, do you think the army should venture into the manufacturing of helicopters? I'm not convinced.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
Henry240:

Looking at how you've presented it, i agree with you.

However, do you think the army should venture into the manufacturing of helicopters? I'm not convinced.
Our defense Industry is still nascent. Normally the military shouldn't have any business developing it's own equipment.

What they are supposed to do is find a requirement, request for proposal (RFP) from industry players, do evaluation and then acceptance trials accordingly.

But since our defense Industry is still small, they are being forced to develop weapons in-house. It is not uncommon but it is not optimal optimal either.

___
Anyways I'm very excited right now because i believe in 2-3 years we should have a working prototype flying.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
Henry240:
What sort of contraption is that?

"Are we all running around mad in this country?". undecided undecided
grin grin oh god grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
lionel4power:

Our defense Industry is still nascent. Normally the military shouldn't have any business developing it's own equipment.

What they are supposed to do is find a requirement, request for proposal (RFP) from industry players, do evaluation and then acceptance trials accordingly.

But since our defense Industry is still small, they are being forced to develop weapons in-house. It is not uncommon but it is not optimal optimal either.

___
Anyways I'm very excited right now because i believe in 2-3 years we should have a working prototype flying.
I believe the NA despite the NAF and the nascent defence industry that Nigeria has should build their own helicopter.
This should be tailored made to certain tasks that are peculiar to the NA.
It is a start
let them continue.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
Odunayaw:
grin grin oh god grin
LMFAO grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jkay187(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

This thing is not helicopter now

Is this the HOLY COPTER/Contraption Henry and crew had a argument over few days ago.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
lionel4power:

i beg to differ

Yes it is the Igirigi

worldclass

only time will tell.

Brilliant analysis ! Very enlightening. Thumbs up

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
NA

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by foxtrot101(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
https://twitter.com/mikeroach3/status/1015212921071329281?s=21

For anyone interested in finding out more about the f-35 1 trillion dollar project. From the Americans. Quite insightful and hilarious thread at the same time.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
NA ATV

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
Al-Shabab Launches Deadly Assaults in Somali Capital

https://www.voanews.com/a/explosions-mogadishu-somalia/4471802.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2018
[code][/code]
foxtrot101:
https://twitter.com/mikeroach3/status/1015212921071329281?s=21

For anyone interested in finding out more about the f-35 1 trillion dollar project. From the Americans. Quite insightful and hilarious thread at the same time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kaitain_FL/status/1015442373793468416

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
VACANCIES: AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Kaduna is recruiting qualified full-time academic and non-academic staff. AFIT is a tertiary institution with a blend of military and civilian staff and students. The Institute conducts undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Aerospace Engineering and allied disciplines. AFIT is accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), National Universities Commission (NUC), Council for the Regulation of Engineers in Nigeria (COREN) and Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE). The Institute is also a Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) Approved Training Organization for the conduct of Initial Aircraft Licence Preparatory Course.

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
• Professors
• Associate Professors
• Senior Lecturers
• Lecturers I
• Lecturers II
• Director of Academic Planning
• Deputy Registrar Exams & Records
• Deputy Registrar Admissions
• Technologists
• Technicians
• Lab Attendants
• Confidential Secretaries
• Drivers
• Gardeners
• Cleaners

QUALIFICATIONS FOR AVAILABLE POSITIONS:

* Professor - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 12 yrs of post-PhD qualification experience, scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

* Associate Professor - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 10 yrs of post-PhD qualification experience, scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

* Senior Lecturer - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 8 yrs of post-qualification experience, scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

* Lecturer I - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 5 yrs post - qualification experience, scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

* Lecturer II -PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 2 yrs post - qualification experience and membership of relevant professional bodies.

*Assistant Lecturer: MSc in relevant disciplines with at least 2 yrs post - qualification experience and membership of relevant professional bodies.

*Director of Academic Planning - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 9 yrs post-qualification experience, experience in planning and executing academic programmes with scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

*Deputy Registrar Exams & Records - Masters in relevant disciplines with at least 10 yrs of administrative /management experience.

*Deputy Registrar Admissions - Masters in relevant disciplines with at least 10 yrs of administrative /management experience.

*Technologist - HND/BEng in relevant disciplines with 5 yrs of cognate experience and high proficiency in hands on and vocational skill training.

*Technicians - ND in relevant disciplines with at least 3 yrs cognate experience.

*Confidential Secretary - BA in Secretarial Administration /HND in Office

*Technology and Management plus proficiency in computer operation.

*Lab Attendant - ND in relevant field.

*Drivers - SSCE Certificate, Driving Licence and relevant driving skill.

* Gardeners - SSCE Certificate.

* Cleaners - SSCE Certificate

The Schools and Departments:

1. Schools:
• Postgraduate Studies.
• Aerospace Engineering.
• Ground Engineering & Environmental Studies.
• Business and Management Studies.
• Technical and Vocational Training.

2. Departments:
• Licence & Initial Logistics Training
• Entrepreneurship/Vocational Training
• Business Administration & Management
• Purchasing & Supply
• Mechanical & Ground Engineering
• Aerospace Engineering
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Armament Engineering (with focus on Explosive Ordnance Technology)
• Civil Engineering
• Environmental Engineering

Method of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified persons should send their CVs and photocopies of credentials with referees to:
The Registrar,
Air Force Institute of Technology
PMB 2104, Kaduna.

Interview Date: Shortlisted applicants will be contacted before the date of interview.

Closing Date: Six weeks from the date of this publication.

For further Information visit Website: www.afit.edu.ng, Tel: 09074411999/08155559571

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
bidex111:
VACANCIES: AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Kaduna is recruiting qualified full-time academic and non-academic staff. AFIT is a tertiary institution with a blend of military and civilian staff and students. The Institute conducts undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Aerospace Engineering and allied disciplines. AFIT is accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), National Universities Commission (NUC), Council for the Regulation of Engineers in Nigeria (COREN) and Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE). The Institute is also a Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) Approved Training Organization for the conduct of Initial Aircraft Licence Preparatory Course.

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
• Professors
• Associate Professors
• Senior Lecturers
• Lecturers I
• Lecturers II
• Director of Academic Planning
• Deputy Registrar Exams & Records
• Deputy Registrar Admissions
• Technologists
• Technicians
• Lab Attendants
• Confidential Secretaries
• Drivers
• Gardeners
• Cleaners

QUALIFICATIONS FOR AVAILABLE POSITIONS:

* Professor - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 12 yrs of post-PhD qualification experience, scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

* Associate Professor - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 10 yrs of post-PhD qualification experience, scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

* Senior Lecturer - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 8 yrs of post-qualification experience, scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

* Lecturer I - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 5 yrs post - qualification experience, scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

* Lecturer II -PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 2 yrs post - qualification experience and membership of relevant professional bodies.

*Assistant Lecturer: MSc in relevant disciplines with at least 2 yrs post - qualification experience and membership of relevant professional bodies.

*Director of Academic Planning - PhD in relevant disciplines with at least 9 yrs post-qualification experience, experience in planning and executing academic programmes with scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals and membership of relevant professional bodies.

*Deputy Registrar Exams & Records - Masters in relevant disciplines with at least 10 yrs of administrative /management experience.

*Deputy Registrar Admissions - Masters in relevant disciplines with at least 10 yrs of administrative /management experience.

*Technologist - HND/BEng in relevant disciplines with 5 yrs of cognate experience and high proficiency in hands on and vocational skill training.

*Technicians - ND in relevant disciplines with at least 3 yrs cognate experience.

*Confidential Secretary - BA in Secretarial Administration /HND in Office

*Technology and Management plus proficiency in computer operation.

*Lab Attendant - ND in relevant field.

*Drivers - SSCE Certificate, Driving Licence and relevant driving skill.

* Gardeners - SSCE Certificate.

* Cleaners - SSCE Certificate

The Schools and Departments:

1. Schools:
• Postgraduate Studies.
• Aerospace Engineering.
• Ground Engineering & Environmental Studies.
• Business and Management Studies.
• Technical and Vocational Training.

2. Departments:
• Licence & Initial Logistics Training
• Entrepreneurship/Vocational Training
• Business Administration & Management
• Purchasing & Supply
• Mechanical & Ground Engineering
• Aerospace Engineering
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Armament Engineering (with focus on Explosive Ordnance Technology)
• Civil Engineering
• Environmental Engineering

Method of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified persons should send their CVs and photocopies of credentials with referees to:
The Registrar,
Air Force Institute of Technology
PMB 2104, Kaduna.

Interview Date: Shortlisted applicants will be contacted before the date of interview.

Closing Date: Six weeks from the date of this publication.

For further Information visit Website: www.afit.edu.ng, Tel: 09074411999/08155559571

AFIT where i did my industrial Training in 2014.

Fun place

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.