Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3041546 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2018
Xbee007:

There is no Under 18s in the Nigerian Army. This is Nigerian Army not some child soldiers group.

Heck, no sane military in the world employs underage fighters. It is illegal!

bidexiii:

Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed it.

When you are filling your forms there information you give i:e age, health status, criminal record that's if you have any and you specify . When filling the form you must be strictly18 at the time and you know everything your signed and declare is under oath.

Lol see as u guys dey jones ursefs grin

Officially, they are up to 18... But unofficially some are not up to.

It is not the Government fault... The lads are just too eager to wear the uniform, carry gun and defend their fatherland grin

I would have post the pics of one of my extended little brothers who is presently in training at Deport NA.

All his life he has want to be in the military. He was even their Cadet IO in the Man O War group of his Secondary school.

The recruitment officers during their Zonal Screening knew he is not up to 18.
But he out put down 18. He blazed thru the screening process and the rest is now history.

When they pass out this December I will post his pics
thats if I am not already in training too. wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 14, 2018
bidexiii:

2nd picture.

Seems a sand storm wants to take place.

Ha sand storm ke ? shocked shocked
And the men will still be standing like that ? No way.
I think it is just fog.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2018
abiodunalasa:

It is not the Government fault... The lads are just too eager to wear the uniform, carry gun and defend their fatherland grin

I would have post the pics of one of my extended little brothers who is presently in training at Deport NA.

All his life he has want to be in the military. He was even their Cadet IO in the Man O War group of his Secondary school.

But he out put down 18. He blazed thru the screening process and the rest is now history.

I refuse to believe that! How will they do it? Which sane parent in their right mind will send their children to join Army rather than go to college?

And the use of SSCE to join Nigerian Army has reduced to a very very minimal extent. In fact, I don't think they take SSCE nowadays. Most of those recruits you see there are people who have stayed at home for very long time unable to make it to college OR with at least, an OND result.

There are steep consequences if you are ever caught lying about your age or forging certificates during screening exercises.

The most common issue with age falsification in the military is actually deliberately lowering of age. You see a 30yrs old man claiming under 17. (Which is a Nigerian thing wink

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Your extended brother's case is an isolated issue. Joining the military with a SSCE will actually give him no career advancement. His mate that proceed to college and join the same military in the next four years will easily out rank him.

You guys should have encourage him to at least get an OND cos they don't treat recruits in a respected way.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 14, 2018
Xbee007:

I refuse to believe that! How will they do it? Which sane parent in their right mind will send their children to join Army rather than go to college?

And the use of SSCE to join Nigerian Army has reduced to a very very minimal extent. In fact, I don't think they take SSCE nowadays. Most of those recruits you see there are people who have stayed at home for very long time unable to make it to college OR with at least, an OND result.

There are steep consequences if you are ever caught lying about your age or forging certificates during screening exercises.

The most common issue with age falsification in the military is actually deliberately lowering of age. You see a 30yrs old man claiming under 17. (Which is a Nigerian thing wink

This shows that you don't know jack about non-commission recruitment into the Nigerian military.

Well, for your information, NA dont recruit people with OND . it is only with SSCE which is divided under "Trades men" and "None Trades men".
And most of those applying under the "None Trades men" are usually very young. In fact, the Army likes when you are younger than the age they advertised during recruitment.

Its only NN and NAF that adds OND to its recruitment under the non-commision.

And for the Parents agreeing to their young wards to sign up... Well, all I can tell you is that if you are from where I am from you will know that the Parents don't even care. They see it as a thing of pride.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 14, 2018
Xbee007:

Your extended brother's case is an isolated issue. Joining the military with a SSCE will actually give him no career advancement. His mate that proceed to college and join the same military in the next four years will easily out rank him.

You guys should have encourage him to at least get an OND cos they don't treat recruits in a respected way.
Says who ?
He can go all the way to get to the highest rank at the non-commision cadre.
Not all of us will be commissioned officers.

And are u aware those non-commission officers especially in Education Corps do enjoy privileges to further their studies?

All in all, we all cannot be in the Commissioned cadre. More over, its easier to join the non-commision cadre than to join the commission ones. Politics !

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Nigeria arable land as a percent of the total land area is 37% and only 40% of that arable lake is cultivated,

Meanwhile less than 16% of the total land mass in Ethiopia is arable.

quit all these pointless arguments and excuses.
36% of Ethiopia is Arable land.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 14, 2018
Covert1:

Ok now I can't really help you. You are one of them that need rehabilitation. You are d.umb you can't even breathe your own delusions. You write rubbish and accuse your educator.

So you think u can brazenly turn history on it's head. The main reason it withdrew from Somalia apart from that it can't win is because it is the main agent provocateur and a rallying point for the Islamists who saw them as an occupation force owing to historical sensitivities.

Uganda, Burundi and later Kenyan forces did the dirty job of clearing the mess of the Ethiopians which later they came to claim credit for.

Ethiopia did not win any war save to fight the Italians into a war of attrition. I'm appalled at your education. That is why abroad they ask me how some of you get to wear the uniform.

You know nothing about Ethiopia save what you scramble to read now on the internet to come argue with me. You ain't even worthy of my retort. But to show ur st.upidity have u even asked to know how that country survives...this is a country that lives on budget aid and suffers bouts of famine and u think online massaging is what makes them great. Do you know Kenya is acknowledged as the regional power in their backyard. You know nothing. Now scurry back to the internet or provoke me more to put more eggs on your face.
Ottoman-Ethiopia war, 16th century: Ethiopia won
Ethio-Egypte war, 19th century: Ethiopia totally humiliated Egypt
First Italo-Ethiopia, 19th century: Ethiopia won
Etc....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 14, 2018
bidexiii:

They look almost the same.

But the NA Haubits FH77 uses the155 mm NATO shell.

Yeah that one too is 155mm NATO shells.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

where you dissapear go? grin
Na Malaria no wan get joy o
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 14, 2018
Yesterday was a very important and historic day for the Malian Air Force

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
Several modern aircrafts including the A29 super tucano, M-35m and Y-12 were inducted into service by the president.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
Conclusion

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
abiodunalasa:

This shows that you don't know jack about non-commission recruitment into the Nigerian military.

Well, for your information, NA dont recruit people with OND . it is only with SSCE which is divided under "Trades men" and "None Trades men".
And most of those applying under the "None Trades men" are usually very young. In fact, the Army likes when you are younger than the age they advertised during recruitment.

Its only NN and NAF that adds OND to its recruitment under the non-commision.

And for the Parents agreeing to their young wards to sign up... Well, all I can tell you is that if you are from where I am from you will know that the Parents don't even care. They see it as a thing of pride.
I hope this was added to just sweeten your argument & is not an effort to pass it as fact
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Says who ?
He can go all the way to get to the highest rank at the non-commision cadre.
Not all of us will be commissioned officers.

And are u aware those non-commission officers especially in Education Corps do enjoy privileges to further their studies?
!
Not interested in the discussion but... in today's NA, an SSCE would only give you a stunted career. Also the "privilege" to further studies is really on a tiny scale, very tiny one.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hati13:

36% of Ethiopia is Arable land.
Ohh no I’m at an impasse, who do I believe, the random guy who just mentioned me or the world bank and various other online portals. undecided cry

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
Odunayaw:
I hope this was added to just sweeten your argument & is not an effort to pass it as fact

No its not. If you have ever been to the Short Service and Regular Recruit screening...you will know better wink

Odunayaw:
Not interested in the discussion but... in today's NA, an SSCE would only give you a stunted career. Also the "privilege" to further studies is really on a tiny scale, very tiny one.
What do you mean "stunted career" ? Privates dont become Copras or Sergeants dont become Warrant Officers ?
Oh let me guess, by "stunted career" you mean they don't enjoy and collect fat salary like the commissioned ones even though they work harder.
Well, that's why to every commissioned officer, there's about 100 non commission ones.

All of us cannot be Chiefs and Indians all at once.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2018
abiodunalasa:

No its not. If you have ever been to the Short Service and Regular Recruit screening...you will know better wink

What do you mean "stunted career" ? Privates dont become Copras or Sergeants dont become Warrant Officers ?
Oh let me guess, by "stunted career" you mean they don't enjoy and collect fat salary like the commissioned ones even though they work harder.
Well, that's why to every commissioned officer, there's about 100 non commission ones.

All of us cannot be Chiefs and Indians all at once.
To even go for SSC you can't be a minor

For RRI, why not put 17 & watch yourself pass the gate back home. Let me give you examples, My buddy while we were in SS2 became "crazy", applied GCE,passed & was on his merry way for 69 RRI , he was turned back for his age, applied the next year & made it (sadly fallen now)
The other one, a boy soldier(during the good times one had a " free pass" into the army),wasn't allowed color service till he turned 18, luckily from there he made NDA & is a flying officer now.
Point to Note; you CAN'T put 17 on your application & hope to make it, only falsification (which is a crime) can help

By Stunted career I mean making it into SNCO with useful service life left. If you think a Corporal or Sergeant is a pinnacle in an other rank's career you don't know the Army too well
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Ohh no I’m at an impasse, who do I believe, the random guy who just mentioned me or the world bank and various other online portals. undecided cry
Oh sorry I thought Agriculture land is same as Arable land. Yes 16% is Arable land.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2018
This is becoming to embarrassing for Nigeria. How do these countries acquire these platforms in record time given their limited fiscal resources? This is a country that's not at war, but preparing for the eventuality.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
SSGN:
This is becoming to embarrassing for Nigeria. How do these countries acquire these platforms in record time given their limited fiscal resources? This is a country that's not at war, but preparing for the eventuality.
Mali is no at war ? grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Mali is no at war ? grin

Well, compared to Nigeria Mali is enjoying what i call peace time dividend. The Nigerian military is deliberately being overstretched. Its just a matter of time before it snaps. Heaven helps us when that happens.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
SSGN:

Well, compared to Nigeria Mali is enjoying what i call peace time dividend. The Nigerian military is deliberately being overstretched. Its just a matter of time before it snaps. Heaven helps us when that happens.
Mali is at war, there’s a reason why Minusma is the worlds deadliest peacekeeping mission.

“In the past four years, 118 peacekeepers have been killed — making the U.N. mission in Mali, known as MINUSMA, the world body’s deadliest ongoing peace operation. ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/world/2017/02/17/the-worlds-deadliest-u-n-peacekeeping-mission/?utm_term=.56686115390d

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
SSGN:

It wasn't in record time. The Tucano was ordered back in 2015.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/paris-mali-to-boost-defences-with-super-tucano-413607/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by flyingdagger(m): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Xbee007:

There is no Under 18s in the Nigerian Army. This is Nigerian Army not some child soldiers group.

Heck, no sane military in the world employs underage fighters. It is illegal!
I suspect NMS
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Ha sand storm ke ? shocked shocked
And the men will still be standing like that ? No way.
I think it is just fog.

What do you do.

It's the least of the harsh weather in Borno State. What do you do.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hati13:

Ottoman-Ethiopia war, 16th century: Ethiopia won
Ethio-Egypte war, 19th century: Ethiopia totally humiliated Egypt
First Italo-Ethiopia, 19th century: Ethiopia won
Etc....

Don't mind the dude. He might come hard on you now that you are Google freak..... grin

In most military school or academy; there some military history courses you take and Ethiopia conquest are the most interesting.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Yesterday was a very important and historic day for the Malian Air Force

Nice pictures @jake

Can't wait for our Tucanos to arrive.... grin

Hope they wouldn't have these desert camouflage paintings.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
bidexiii:

Nice pictures @jake

Can't wait for our Tucanos to arrive.... grin

Hope they wouldn't have these desert camouflage paintings.
I bet they’ll arrive in desert camo, is the delivery date 2019 or 2020 ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2018
SSGN:

What is this O my soul?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Delivery date is 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.