Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3058858 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

ARMY ARRESTS SUSPECTED BOKO HARAM FUEL SUPPLIERS IN YOBE STATE

1. Troops of 159 Battalion deployed in Operation LAFIYA DOLE arrested two suspected Boko Haram terrorists fuel suppliers at Yusufari Local Government Area of Yobe State following a tip off.

2. The two suspected fuel suppliers were arrested by troops while filling jerry cans at a gas station owned by a member of Yobe State House of Assembly.

3. Also, the station manager and attendants were arrested and are currently undergoing interrogation while the truck driver is still at large.

4. Efforts are being intensified by the troops to track down the truck driver.

5. Members of the public are reminded to report any suspicious movements or activities to the nearest security agency for prompt action.

6. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public.

7. Thanks for your usual cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
SSGN:
This is becoming to embarrassing for Nigeria. How do these countries acquire these platforms in record time given their limited fiscal resources? This is a country that's not at war, but preparing for the eventuality.
is it only that. we even paid 5* more
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
SSGN:

Well, compared to Nigeria Mali is enjoying what i call peace time dividend. The Nigerian military is deliberately being overstretched. Its just a matter of time before it snaps. Heaven helps us when that happens.
are we talking about the same Mali that is currently host to 11 thousand peacekeepers from Belgium, France, Germany, Senegal, Nigeria, Chad and China?

Hell even Canada !! 6 helicopters deployed and over 600 men
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS NAB SUSPECTED ILLICIT DRUG PEDDLERS IN BAUCHI STATE

1. Troops of 33 Brigade deployed at the Forward Operation Base, Yuga in Toro Local Government Area of Bauchi state have arrested two suspected illicit drug peddlers during a raid operation at a suspected hoodlums hideout in Filin Kokuwa.

2. Items recovered include:

a. One polythene bag containing weeds suspected to be marijuana.

b. 85 wraps of substance suspected to be marijuana.

c. Some quantities of tramadol.

d. Six tubes of rubber solutions.

e. Five mobile handsets.

3. The suspects have been handed over to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for further action.

4. Members of the public are reminded to report any suspicious movements or activities to the nearest security agency for prompt action.

5. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public.

6. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2018
EXCLUSIVE PICTURES OF NIGERIAN ARMY TROOPS SEEN SUPPORTING SOME RETURNING IDPS IN NORTHERN Borno State.

Here Soldiers seen erecting homes and securing farm lands.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
EL-AMIN INTERNATIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS VISIT NARC ON CAREER EXCURSION

The Staff Officer Grade 11 Directorate of Museum, Nigerian Army Resource Centre, Maj Uwaifo Ikpekhia recently played host to the students of El-Amin International Secondary School, Maitama who were on a career excursion to the Nigerian Army Resource Centre, Abuja. The guided tour was aimed at equipping the students’ with first-hand knowledge on the activities of the NARC, the history of Nigerian Army and Nigeria in general, which is believed will have a profound impact on the students’ lives.

Speaking during the event, the students’ leader and IT officer/consultant of the El-Amin International Secondary School, Mr Aminu Maaji said the visit will enable the students to have a deeper understanding of the history of the Nigerian Army and respect for the men in uniform. The team was also conducted on a tour of the Nigerian Army Resource Centre Museum to acquaint them with a collection of military artefacts and other objects of historical importance.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
COMMENCEMENT OF TRAINING IN FOREIGN AND LOCAL LANGUAGES IN NIGERIAN ARMY RESOURCE CENTRE

Over the years, the Nigerian Army have been engaged in different military operations both locally and internationally with great successes. The troops while participating in these operations, require understanding of the local languages of the host countries or local communities to enhance their operational capability. The present engagement by the troops in the NE and the Lake Chad Region against Boko Haram, the various internal security (IS) operations in various parts of the country as well as at the international fronts, has brought to fore the need for proficiency in local and international languages. It is in recognition of this that the Chief of Army Staff directed that all personnel of the Nigerian Army be proficient in at least 3 major Nigerian languages as well as UN recognised international languages.

Consequently, in keying in to this vision, the Nigerian Army Resource Centre in collaboration with LACLIC SERVICES LIMITED (a leading language School and cultural Institution in Nigeria) is currently training 100 of its personnel in foreign languages such as French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Hindi, Arabic, Swahili and/or any of the local languages of Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba. This course is however open to the public.

There are 2 different types of the language programme to be run by the Centre to suit various participants. These:
a. Fast Tract Programme. This programme is expected to run for a period of one month intensive training where the participants are expected to have 3 hours (9am to 12noon per day per session) cumulative studies per day (Monday to Friday). This programme is advantageous for participants that are not resident in Abuja and desire to conclude the programme within a short period.
b. Normal Programme. This programme runs for a duration of 3 months. The Mode of study shall be twice every week between Monday and Tuesday from 9am to 12noon per day per session (3hours cumulative studies per day). The programme is meant for Abuja residents that are very busy in their various offices.

The cost for each participant is N90,000.00 (Ninety Thousand Naira) only but for the 3 months programme, participants are allowed to make an instalment payment of N30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand Naira) only per month. The first set of 100 participants commenced training in the various languages for the fast tract programme sponsored by the Chief of Army Staff on 25 June 2018 in the Nigerian Army Resource Centre.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

ARMY NEUTRALISE 5 BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IN BORNO STATE

1. Troops of operation LAFIYA DOLE while on clearance operation at Kwari village, Monguno Local Government Area of Borno State following a tip off neutralised five Boko Haram terrorists.

2. Items recovered include:

a. 2 AK 47 rifles.

b. 3 FN rifles.

c. 5 Magazine.

d. Twenty four rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.

e. Eighteen rounds of 7.62mm NATO ammunition.

3. The general public is hereby reminded to report any suspicious movements or activities to security agents for prompt action.

4. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your medium.

5. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
Odunayaw:
What is this O my soul?

What happened to your soul Mr man grin? You should be lamenting Nigeria is punching far below her belt,..we should be out there with the likes of Egypt and Algeria..even South Africa. Nine F-7N...perhaps 6 or 7 in flying condition. Year 2018. 11 Alpha jet. Is this an Air Force?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
SSGN:

What happened to your soul Mr man grin? You should be lamenting Nigeria is punching far below her belt,..we should be out there with the likes of Egypt and Algeria..even South Africa. Nine F-7N...perhaps 6 or 7 in flying condition. Year 2018. 11 Alpha jet. Is this an Air Force?
How does this correlate with your earlier assertion. Abi we come here com do comedy undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hati13:

Ottoman-Ethiopia war, 16th century: Ethiopia won
Ethio-Egypte war, 19th century: Ethiopia totally humiliated Egypt
First Italo-Ethiopia, 19th century: Ethiopia won
Etc....

I´m speaking of modern Ethiopia. No it hasn´t won any war. I don´t mean battles but wars. I believe we both agree of what victory in a war means. Except you mean artificial victories where a power defines its victory not exactly reflected on the ground yet abandons ship. Also in the context I argued -- not the Abysinnian Empire -- you failed to add the defeat, annexation and occupation of Ethiopia in the second war with Italy. But again I mean the modern state of Ethiopia.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 15, 2018
Odunayaw:
How does this correlate with your earlier assertion. Abi we come here com do comedy undecided

It was ''hyperbole'' Speaking metaphorically. Yes Mali is at war, but not on the scale of Nigeria. Nigeria has been in a perpetual state of war for over a decade consecutively. The situation in Mali is picnic compared to that of Nigeria. The worlds most powerful countries are in Mali. The country is under no threat of disintegration. Nigeria's case is vastly different. When was the last time Nigeria has three years of absolute peace? If theres any country that needs to really buildup its armed forces its Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:17am On Jul 15, 2018
#ISIS-#Sinai releases photo show the equipments captured after attacking army patrol in Kilo-17 west of Arish city.

From the equipments “Night Vission goggles, So it Looks that it was Special Forces Patrol. 3

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2018
Lafayette

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2018
SSGN:

It was ''hyperbole'' Speaking metaphorically. Yes Mali is at war, but not on the scale of Nigeria. Nigeria has been in a perpetual state of war for over a decade consecutively. The situation in Mali is picnic compared to that of Nigeria. The worlds most powerful countries are in Mali. The country is under no threat of disintegration. Nigeria's case is vastly different. When was the last time Nigeria has three years of absolute peace? If theres any country that needs to really buildup its armed forces its Nigeria.
I really wish to type, but it won't help. So let's agree to disagree
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
mali

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
Covert1:

I´m speaking of modern Ethiopia. No it hasn´t won any war. I don´t mean battles but wars. I believe we both agree of what victory in a war means. Except you mean artificial victories where a power defines its victory not exactly reflected on the ground yet abandons ship. Also in the context I argued -- not the Abysinnian Empire -- you failed to add the defeat, annexation and occupation of Ethiopia in the second war with Italy. But again I mean the modern state of Ethiopia.
Modern Ethiopia began in 1855 so except for the Ottoman case other 2 war I listed happened afterward.

I know the difference between war and battle, and it was why I said war before. During Egypt-Ethiopia war (1870s), there were 2 major battles. During 1st Italo-Ethiopia war (1890s), there were 3 major battles. Ethiopia won those 2 wars.

Yes I failed to talk about 2nd Italo-Ethiopia war because the comment purpose is just to tell you that Ethiopia had won wars in the past.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
Hati13:

Modern Ethiopia began in 1855 so except for the Ottoman case other 2 war I listed happened afterward.

I know the difference between war and battle, and it was why I said war before. During Egypt-Ethiopia war (1870s), there were 2 major battles. During 1st Italo-Ethiopia war (1890s), there were 3 major battles. Ethiopia won those 2 wars.

Yes I failed to talk about 2nd Italo-Ethiopia war because the comment purpose is just to tell you that Ethiopia had won wars in the past.

And what about the Eritrean–Ethiopian War, one of the conflicts in the Horn of Africa, took place between Ethiopia and Eritrea from May 1998 to June 2000.

Eritrea broke international law and triggered the war by invading Ethiopia. At the end of the war, Ethiopia held all of the disputed territory and had advanced into Eritrea.

It's a bid win for Ethiopia and it still recent.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
Hati13:

The advent of a modern Ethiopia in 1855 is subjective. The last two world wars happened in the 20th century. Point is the modern state Ethiopia of recent years has struggled with internal rebellions it hasn't contained or in which it endures a detente and no external comprehensive military victory without skirmishes that challenged the status quo until the recent peace deal with Eritrea at Ethiopia's initiative. This is so because Ethiopia knows it lacks the military or economic capacity to win the war being one of the poorest countries in the world that depends on foreign aid.

As you know powers rise and fall. It has been that way for thousands of years. The genesis of the argument is Ethiopia better in comparison to Nigeria in all sectors. Nigeria has displaced Ethiopia as a geo-political power in Africa. Ethiopia deserves it's due for reasons of it's rich history but today Ethiopia is a second rate power compared to Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
I know i posted this before and there was a lot of argument concerning it... But I'll post it again just for clarification sake.

Please read slowly this time and try to understand the reason for the ranking...

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2017/12/the-top-ten-best-army-in-africa-2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
lionel4power:
I know i posted this before and there was a lot of argument concerning it... But I'll post it again just for clarification sake.

Please read slowly this time and try to understand the reason for the ranking...

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2017/12/the-top-ten-best-army-in-africa-2018
SA Army only has around 50 self propelled howitzers(Not 488!) and not more than +-100 towed artillery.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2018
jln115:

SA Army only has around 50 self propelled howitzers(Not 488!) and not more than +-100 towed artillery.
yes.... 48 i believe it was a typo error

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:01am On Jul 16, 2018
Panic as Islamic State West Africa (Barnawi) overruns military base in Yobe state, with 734 soldiers being on duty during the attack .

http://www.politicaleconomistng.com/panic-boko-haram-hits-military-base-yobe/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:10am On Jul 16, 2018
AN/PVS-14 monocular HMNVGs in service with Egyptian Special Operations.

One of the problems with how Egyptians use optics and NVG in particular is the lack of laser light modules. Meaning no IR laser or illuminator for aiming and spotting targets. .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:11am On Jul 16, 2018
The Kilo 17 attack targeted an Army Thunderbolt vehicle (HUMVEE or Nimr) using an IED several days ago.

One Thunderbolt Officer was injured in the attack and was medically evacuated.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:12am On Jul 16, 2018
love-vendor my Fahd.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:15am On Jul 16, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:39am On Jul 16, 2018
#LNA Navy Stan Patrol 1605 patrol boat during a navy drill

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:40am On Jul 16, 2018
#LNA BTR-60PB APCs

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:41am On Jul 16, 2018
A remarkable development, the Russian MOD asks #LNA to grant one of #Libya|n artillery repair and maintenance technicians the #Russian artillery medal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.