Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3027343 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nigerian army armored cars, AA guns and artillery

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2018

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Some crazy shit happened in the Zimbabwean capital today
It's like hilux is a Nigerian thing. No be war na, why deployment of big hardwares?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
If NAF reinstates the sepecat jaguar and the mig-21 and then upgrades them, I go duff my hat to CAS.
I like that general Buratai is a physical fitness guy,but other than servicing and re painting 70's and 80's era equipment, I don't see what NA is doing in making themselves a more lethal force.

With the tight fistedness of our law makers and executive, add to it their overall ignorance of military matters, our generals need to become experts at skewering the surplus to requirement storage lots of the big powers. For good deals.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
kabe1:

Dude, for real, you always make comments like an illiterate.

Jesu!!!

Present administration, in 6 - 10 years? undecided undecided

Do you know anything at all?

How can there be a present administration in 6 - 10 years, i beg you?

OPONU is your name.

Why react like a person bitten by a dog affected with rabies.

What makes you think is administration is only going to last 8 years. Your problem is you can't comprehend, what I gave was a range of 6-10 years.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
The insults i see in this forum on a daily basis. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2018
doziex:
If NAF reinstates the sepecat jaguar and the mig-21 and then upgrades them, I go duff my hat to CAS.
I like that general Buratai is a physical fitness guy,but other than servicing and re painting 70's and 80's era equipment, I don't see what NA is doing in making themselves a more lethal force.

With the tight fistedness of our law makers and executive, add to it their overall ignorance of military matters, our generals need to become experts at skewering the surplus to requirement storage lots of the big powers. For good deals.
migs and jaguars are both gone.

This is year 2018, the year we saw the arrival of a stealth unmanned supersonic fighter jet, Hypersonic cruise missile, establishment of a space force, nuclear propulsion, unmanned submarine, quantum radar, swarm drones, artificial intelligence in cyberspace, laser weapons shooting down aircraft and magnetic railguns etc.

and you're mentioning upgrading mig-21.

Let's at least try to keep up with development.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
doziex:

They're old enough and you'll need a while lot of fund to keep them in a modern state.

Upgrading the jaguars and mig means you should not expect any procurement of 4th generation aircraft. in my view, NAF will lay more importance on numbers of assets ready to be deployed than capability.

The CAS is also a man who admires capability and advance technology so I don't see him going for such thing. It won't help us too. You'll feel like you have much aircrafts while your capability is weak.

Again, on operational requirements any other fighter procurement has to be for air superiority or multirole. The Tucano will handle coin and I'm not sure the F-7 and A-Jet will be resting soon. They're in good shape and overhaul of Airframe may just be conducted. So in term of operational requirement, there's no role ready to be filled by bringing in the Jaguar again.

I'll only suggest upgrading the F-7 once we nordern aircrafts.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
Xbee007:
NAF has made tremendous technological advancement within very short period of time.

Even Bell helicopters have been weaponized. shocked shocked shocked

They should make Alex Badeh and his cohorts watch this video. grin grin grin

Video link
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:36pm On Aug 01, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
ugo4u:

Lol... I no talk oo
grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
kabe1:

You are a dunce!!

Reading your comments is pure torture and agony.

You are such a lunatic; case closed cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 2:57am On Aug 02, 2018
For those knocking the upgrade of the jaguar and mig-21s, I would rather have the jaguar jet dropping payloads on bhts basis in chad,niger and nigeria. Than the Alpha jet dropping only 1000lbs per sortie.

Our leaders are so selfish, that even if angels came down from heaven and told them to re equip, they would find an excuse not to. So we are not going to get any 4fh generation fighters any time soon.

Iran is in the market for top Russian and Chinese fighters, but they are still upgrading there old su-22 bombers, to use in Syria for the time being.
Uncontested air power is our key to winning this war. But our air strikes, gat to be real air strikes, not pin pricks.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:27am On Aug 02, 2018
doziex:
For those knocking the upgrade of the jaguar and mig-21s, I would rather have the jaguar jet dropping payloads on bhts basis in chad,niger and nigeria. Than the Alpha jet dropping only 1000lbs per sortie.

Our leaders are so selfish, that even if angels came down from heaven and told them to re equip, they would find an excuse not to. So we are not going to get any 4fh generation fighters any time soon.

Iran is in the market for top Russian and Chinese fighters, but they are still upgrading there old su-22 bombers, to use in Syria for the time being.
Uncontested air power is our key to winning this war. But our air strikes, gat to be real air strikes, not pin pricks.

Our jaguars are way too old for any upgrades. The way & condition they are been stored are poor.

Recently France dashed Indian there old jaguars; https://theaviationgeekclub.com/france-donate-31-jaguar-attack-aircraft-india/

France and England retired there own fleet of jaguar 2005 & 2007 respectively. Am a big fan of the jaguar but our jaguars are too old & rusty . They are stored in a state of neglect, bringing them to life does not worth it. I'll rather use the money to get used Mig29s.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:32am On Aug 02, 2018
OVERVIEW ON ARC-GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM COURE HELD AT THE DEFENCE INTELLIGENCE COLLEGE FROM 16 – 27 JULY 2018

INTRODUCTION

1. The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Gabriel Abayomi Olonisakin, Nigerian Army Medal graciously approved the conduct of ARC-Geographic Information System Course for the Armed Forces of Nigeria Intelligence from 16 to 27 July 2018.

2. The course which was facilitated by the France Defense Attaché to Nigeria and was organized by the Defence Headquarters in conjunction with the French Military took place here in Defence Intelligence College which is an ideal environment for learning.

3. The 2-week intensive training course was in the area of geo-analysis and geo-statistics and was specifically designed for 10 train–the–trainers from the Intelligence Specialty. The participants that attended the course included 3 Nigerian Army officers, 3 Nigerian Navy officers, 2 Nigerian Air Force officers and one civilian staff from the Defence Headquarters.

4. The capacity build training for these officers on the use of ARCGIS software and tools is a laudable initiative which is in line with the Vision of the Chief of Defence Staff ‘‘to ensure a well-motivated, trained and equipped Armed Forces that is responsive to national security commitments.’’ This brief therefore is to intimate us on some key aspect of the course.

OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE

5. ArcGIS is the core server of Geographic Information System application software for creating and using maps to compile geographic data, analyze mapped information as well as discovering, managing and sharing of geographic information in a database.

6. Arc-Geographic Information System plays important role in tactical military operations, being useful in intelligence gathering, battle field management, terrain analysis, deployment of troops, military installation management and monitoring of possible terrorist activity. Also to note is that Geographic Information System will enable own troop to become versatile by providing geospatial-information for field commanders to visualize the areas of operation in order to take prompt and necessary decisions during combat operations.

THE COURSE CONTENT

7. The course which is theory and more of practical comprises of the following packages:

a. Introduction to Geographic data.
b. Map layer Management.
c. Symbology of Qualitative data.
d. Symbology of Quantitative data.
e. Using Labels and Annotations
f. Layout
g. Study of Geographical data
h. Coordinate Systems and Map projection
i. Management of Tables
j. Editing of data
k. Creating Geo-databases and features classes
l. Solving spatial problems through analysis
m. Getting of Localizations from tabular data
n. and the Final Project.

8. The programme was intensive and well packaged specifically designed for intelligence personnel to broaden their knowledge on the various analytical tools that ARCGIS software provides to aid intelligence gathering for the conduct of military operations. The course was more of practical as the instructors guided the students on the basic rudiments on how to effectively enhance their proficiency on the use of GIS software analytical tools. Consequently, the students were given individual class work and assignment to improve on their proficiency on the GIS analytical tools. In this regard, the students demonstrated satisfactory level of commitment and determination throughout the course which has led to the awards of certificates on Arc-Geographic Information System.

CONCLUSION

9. It is imperative to state that the officers demonstrated high level of commitment during the 2-week programme. As the course coordinator, I am confident to state that the officers are now qualified to train the trainees on ARCGIS software. In this regards, I wish to most respectful thank the Commandant, Defence Intelligence College for providing us with a conductive classroom and other necessary facilities towards the successful completion of the course.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 7:32am On Aug 02, 2018
bidex111:
OVERVIEW ON ARC-GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM COURE HELD AT THE DEFENCE INTELLIGENCE COLLEGE FROM 16 – 27 JULY 2018

The course which was facilitated by the France Defense Attaché to Nigeria and was organized by the Defence Headquarters in conjunction with the French Military took place here in Defence Intelligence College which is an ideal environment for learning.

Yet again France organizes a ground breaking course for our armed forces.

Yet one guy will sit at his house and claim that France is planning to destabilize and invade Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2018
doziex:

It would cost a fortune to bring back the Jaguar Nemesis wrote something about that . Alternatively we could go for some used jets like the Mig 29 or the Tornado that UK just retired it would be good fit till we get a modern 4+ aircraft.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 8:35am On Aug 02, 2018
lionel4power:

The course which was facilitated by the France Defense Attaché to Nigeria and was organized by the Defence Headquarters in conjunction with the French Military took place here in Defence Intelligence College which is an ideal environment for learning.

Yet one guy will sit at his house and claim that France is planning to destabilize and invade Nigeria.

France has no interest in destabilizing Nigeria. They've been better to us in this fight against insurgency. Forget about America's PR. The French are of more benefit to us.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2018
allexpensive:

France has no interest in destabilizing Nigeria. They've been better to us in this fight against insurgency. Forget about America's PR. The French are of more benefit to us.

GASSPPP! Haven't you heard of the crashlanded French Puma in Cameroon 2 yrs ago ferrying arms,the many BH prisoners who confessed to the same or the French tech caught in Sambisa late 2016 servicing BH vehicles announced by your very own COAS?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 9:04am On Aug 02, 2018
kikuyu1:

GASSPPP! Haven't you heard of the crashlanded French Puma in Cameroon 2 yrs ago ferrying arms,the many BH prisoners who confessed to the same or the French tech caught in Sambisa late 2016 servicing BH vehicles announced by your very own COAS?
most of these claims are unsubstantiated.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2018
kikuyu1:

Because of what you haven't heard about the other side doesn't mean things like this are not happening.

Government / Intel agencies proxy. The detection of foreign network signals in terrorist affected areas in the NE. Everyone plays the game.

Our African neighbors too but theirs this stubborn one who's fond of using her own troops as prey for bht.

Not only do we have coin going on, foreign counter intelligence is also present. We laugh, smile together but then we are after each other. The Americans are trying but more of PR. The Trump administration is better than that fellow black man there.

It's all about governance. Alot are going on.. Exchange of foreign fighters etc. The Buhari administration seems to have the francophone speaking neighbors on their neck. Cameroon has a better relationship with Nigeria for now. It's all about interest and not friendship.

The intelligence world is messed up. Government, political interests, we're still Africans except we don't depend on foreign made technology for intelligence then we will match them up.

After all, all I know na to sit down for control and read online too.

As mentioned above by Stephen, some claims are not true.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2018
allexpensive:

Its good that common sense has prevailed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2018
lionel4power:

Its good that common sense has prevailed.
Talk about the cooperation of Cameroon in MNJTF, the release of the arrested separist leaders to the Cameroonian government etc. I see the handwork of the French there. The presence of Canada in Mali, let see how the result we go.

What matters to me is the safety of Nigerian troops on ground. Defending the territorial integrity of the country. Let DIA and others handle the intelligence aspect.

Some opinion are of mine and not from my field of work. Not every information is made available to me too but I deduce some things too.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:54am On Aug 02, 2018
The call for the reinstantment of jaguars and MIGs is is somehow na, we don pass that level, the MIgs has a serious issue with its ejection sit, the noise/sonic boom is another wahala, it is countries like Guinea, Seychelles that should be talking about Aircrafts of the 60s where are in the 21st century. Lest I 4get the aircrafts performance and fuel efficiency is nothing to write home about. We will not die if we go for F16s or Su-series. Common Angola beat us to purchase Su-27.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:31am On Aug 02, 2018
kikuyu1:

Honestly where did you guys hear these stories/news from. ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2018
ugo4u:
The call for the reinstantment of jaguars and MIGs is is somehow na, we don pass that level, the MIgs has a serious issue with its ejection sit, the noise/sonic boom is another wahala, it is countries like Guinea, Seychelles that should be talking about Aircrafts of the 60s where are in the 21st century. Lest I 4get the aircrafts performance and fuel efficiency is nothing to write home about. We will not die if we go for F16s or Su-series. Common Angola beat us to purchase Su-27.

Now you are saying my mind... grin

The Su 30 or j10 wouldn't be a bad idea.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:46am On Aug 02, 2018
allexpensive:

Talk about the cooperation of Cameroon in MNJTF, the release of the arrested separist leaders to the Cameroonian government etc. I see the handwork of the French there. The presence of Canada in Mali, let see how the result we go.

What matters to me is the safety of Nigerian troops on ground. Defending the territorial integrity of the country. Let DIA and others handle the intelligence aspect.

Some opinion are of mine and not from my field of work. Not every information is made available to me too but I deduce some things too.

One of Buhari's success against these fight terrorism, was visiting neighbouring countries: Chad, Cameroon, Niger & Benin to promote bilateral fighting force.

Note the MNJTF was never a new thing, it has been before the advent of PMB regime but they have never functioned has a multinational joint task fighting force.

Now Cameroon and Nigerian forces fight side by side without "beafs", Cameroon and Chadian air assets now are more involve in the fight.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:46am On Aug 02, 2018
lionel4power:

am not interested in the debate but using such examples to measure intent (especially future ones) is simplistic

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 02, 2018
This is a big deal for NAF

ASELPOD ON JF-17 COMFIRMED!

“It was recently confirmed through Aselsan's Annual Yearbook for 2017 that the company's ASELPOD advanced targeting pod was successfully integrated to and tested from the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) JF-17 THUNDER multi-role fighter in 2017. The PAF ordered eight ASELPODs for U$25 million from Aselsan in 2016, with deliveries in November 2016 as well as September and February 2017.”

https://www.monch.com/mpg/news/air/3913-asel17.html

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2018
bidexiii:

One of Buhari's success against these fight terrorism, was visiting neighbouring countries: Chad, Cameroon, Niger & Benin to promote bilateral fighting force.

Note the MNJTF was never a new thing, it has been before the advent of PMB regime but they have never functioned has a multinational joint task fighting force.

Now Cameroon and Nigerian forces fight side by side without "beafs", Cameroon and Chadian air assets now are more involve in the fight.

Yes, their air assets conduct air strike with the presence of our own air assets such as ISR.

Who else knows that feeds from the ISR can be transferred to the command and control room during missions?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.