Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3038193 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
More.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
Field Artillery Troops

Palmaria 155 SPG
RM-70 MLRS
Toto Melara Howitzer

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2018
Mowag Piranha APC
T-72 M1 MBT

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2018
Scorpion light tank.

Vickers Mk.3 Eagle tank.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
These 500 pound bombs have a blast raduis of 400 yards

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
Reactivation of the CCU. Engineers at the Central Avionics Overhaul and Calibration Centre replaces the inbuilt cathode ray CCU unit with locally made LCD display.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2018
SLBM:
Field Artillery Troops

Palmaria 155 SPG
RM-70 MLRS
Toto Melara Howitzer

Nice pictures @SLBM

So you are aware of the reactivation of the trainer F-7N cool

Nicholas pictures mate, are you do one in the picture
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
I came across these picture few days ago.

I thought he was a NAF PILOT

The 2nd & 3rd picture resembles the officer in 1st picture shocked

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
SLBM:
With a top speed of Mach 1.2 the F-7Ni is not bad, but we need more than 6 to defend the nations airspace. The $600 million Tucano deal will go down in history as The dumbest deal in military history. $600 million is enough for two complete squadrons of interceptors, while the Mi-35, Mi-24, Mi-17, Alpha jets can effectively handle Boko Haram. Nigeria captured back all hitherto lost territories and even flushed them out of the Sambisa without the Super Tucano.

Are you saying we have just 6 F-7 left?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
bidexiii:

Nice pictures @SLBM

So you are aware of the reactivation of the trainer F-7N cool

Nicholas pictures mate, are you do one in the picture

No that's not me. This is me below

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
allexpensive:

Nine left. Which means at any given time we have not more than 6 or 7 available for combat.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
allexpensive:

Nine left. Which means at any given time we have not more than 6 or 7 ready for combat.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
SLBM:

Nine left. Which means at any given time we have not more than 6 or 7 ready for combat.

We have more than 10 F-7N that are airworthy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
ERC Sagaie Tank destroyers in storage. Mortar crew carry out maintenance on 88mm motars.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
SLBM:

Seriously ...you.. shocked shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
SLBM:

TAC has four on standby at every single time. This excludes deployment from other base.

15 minutes is the maximum response time and our radar systems look beyond our territory.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
bidexiii:

We have more than 10 F-7N that are airworthy.

No sir. No nation has a %100 readiness rate ov its platforms. Not even the USAF. There are 9 F-7Ni left and one tandem seat trainer version. At best a %70 rate mission capable.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
bidexiii:

Seriously ...you.. shocked shocked grin

Yep....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
allexpensive:

TAC has four on standby at every single time. This excludes deployment from other base.

15 minutes is the maximum response time and our radar systems look beyond our territory.

No sir. Nigeria lacks advanced long range over the horizon early warning radar system. The Tin Shield deployed on bases fall short in capability. I'm not talking about response time, but availability of aircraft.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2018
SLBM:

Indulge me please.... what does "Perestroika" mean?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2018
lionel4power:

Indulge me please.... what does "Perestroika" mean?

Russian for Restructuring. " Perestroika and Glasnost..Mikhail Gorbachev's new vision for the Soviet Union. An era of transparency and reform, before he was deposed,
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
SLBM:

No sir. Nigeria lacks advanced long range over the horizon early warning radar system. The Tin Shield deployed on bases fall short in capability. I'm not talking about response time, but availability of aircraft.

No, is the Tin shield the only radar systems deployed by NAF?
There are several radar systems and I am very sure our radar systems look beyond our borders. Maybe they're the most advanced but I can not say as its not my area but with discussions with fellow officers from that section and what I have seen personally here in maiduguri, our radar systems see beyond our territory. Maybe several layers or integration with commercial radar systems is being used. Which ever way it is, I have no idea but I am sure they see past our border lines.

Availability yes. 4 f-7 always on standby at TAC but I can't say if that now due to COIN campaign and other activities indulged in by the NAF.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2018
lebuhsi:

You act so well informed, yet it's stunning to see that you don't acknowlegde the fact that these birds comes with very serious advanced and certainly lethal configurations and thousands of laser guided bombs. We're not buyin 12 planes alone but a package of very lethal items
This versionswe are getting, do they have night capabilities
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by numbered(m): 11:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
12 F-7NI & 3 FT-7NI. 3 Crashed so we are left with 11 fighter and 1 trainer version. TRACON, the civilian version has been up and running for the past few years.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:04am On Sep 28, 2018
numbered:
12 F-7NI & 3 FT-7NI. 3 Crashed so we are left with 11 fighter and 1 trainer version. TRACON, the civilian version has been up and running for the past few years.
Tracon is just one of the radars the NAF uses, there are others I have mentioned in this thread with Bidexii providing pictures. They might not be holy grail but they are efficient.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:08am On Sep 28, 2018
psst. SLBM whispering "Most of this pictures are reposts"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 28, 2018
Odunayaw:
psst. SLBM whispering "Most of this pictures are reposts"

Ok, come and beat me.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 28, 2018
We have the Skyguard integrated with the Roland SHORAD.

The Italian built Skyguard firecontrol radar system is a search, acquisition and target designation anti-aircraft fire control radar system for airborne targets flying at medium, low and very low altitudes. Its equipped with two radar for search and track. It also uses a digital computer instead of the earlier analog equipment. The search radar is a fully coherent pulse Doppler system. It utilizes a common transmitter in tandem with the acquisition radar.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 28, 2018
Signal processing circuits provide 80-m acquisition gates around the tracking gate (all having Doppler filters), while the total acquisition range is 1140m. The display is an R-trace, displayed on the TV monitor for tracking supervision and ECM monitoring.

Operational Characteristics. Skyguard was developed to act as either an autonomous anti-aircraft fire control radar aboard a vehicle, a separate trailer-mounted unit or as an element within an air defense system. The equipment is designed for short-range acquisition of targets down to and including ground level.

Particular emphasis has been placed on the ability to detect hovering low-level helicopters. The Nigerian Army has a battery of 16 ROLAND SHORAD (Short Range Anti-Aircraft Defense System) and Type 90 35mm anti-aircraft cannon controlled by a Skyguard radar system for airfield defense.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:29am On Sep 28, 2018
The NAF deploys these radars, they are installed in mostly in airbases and used to monitor the altitudes flown by aircraft performing penetration and training missions.

As a nation we should do better than this.We need a comprehensive air defence structure.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:42am On Sep 28, 2018
SLBM:

Allah you resemble Somalians.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.