Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,157 members, 7,860,143 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3072531 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2018
i just saw the video. cry cry cry cry cry cry i have chills running down my spine. young souls wasted due to poor leadership. Am a Cameroonian and when i see such i feel bad.why do our leaders not learn lessons from past errors. here in Cameroon the military top brass thought they could send young trainees fight an urban warfare which they were not trained to fight. it took some losses before they learnt the hard-way before sending in specialized units.
I feel for such losses and I blame the top military officials for such losses.It pains really. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

A very long story.

Ex.
You are not an Ex soldier, don't come here and make retarrded claims.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
fabselad:
i just saw the video. cry cry cry cry cry cry i have chills running down my spine. young souls wasted due to poor leadership. Am a Cameroonian and when i see such i feel bad.why do our leaders not learn lessons from past errors. here in Cameroon the military top brass thought they could send young trainees fight an urban warfare which they were not trained to fight. it took some losses before they learnt the hard-way before sending in specialized units.
I feel for such losses and I blame the top military officials for such losses.It pains really. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
I watched the video yesterday, that's why i've been so angry.

Nigerian leaders are only interested in 2019 elections.

This one doesn't concern them.

Do you think the government, military high command or the ruling party have issued any statement?...... They don't care about that.

2019 elections on their minds.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Baba the only safe place is Maiduguri and Monguno. Even Monguno self the Gajiram area has been attacked continuously this month.

The worst areas are Borno North (Abadam,Gubio,Guzamala, Marte,Morbar,Nganzai) Any Soldier serving in those areas hmmmm
hmm...nah wah o this boko haram matter just tire person.

Like play like play, it won't end anytime soon.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2018
Odunayaw:
Ola o su mi o

Honestly, this situation is heartbreaking to anyone who loves the Army or loves Nigeria. I really wish Buratai is forced to sit and watch the videos in the presence of Buhari and the security team. Given 48 hours to stage the army's biggest ever comeback and make a statement.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
BabaOwen:
hmm...nah wah o this boko haram matter just tire person.

Like play like play, it won't end anytime soon.

End? Hmmmm my brother we wey dey on ground doubt if the Government is ready to end this wahala. Even the Soldiers here are tired bro e no easy. i was lucky on March 1st i escaped the Rann attack that killed some of my humanitarian friends by just 30mins interval
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:
Islamic State - West Africa captured two MT-LBs and two Vickers Mk 3 MBTs during an attack on a Nigerian Army position near Lake Chad.
T-72s also gone.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2018
olapluto:

Honestly, this situation is heartbreaking to anyone who loves the Army or loves Nigeria. I really wish Buratai is forced to sit and watch the videos in the presence of Buhari and the security team. Given 48 hours to stage the army's biggest ever comeback and make a statement.
I am abstaining from proffering solutions before I drop things I would be ashamed to read in future.

No flags flown at half mast in Abuja, no acknowledgement whatsoever. Did we do something wrong to be in this place?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

End? Hmmmm my brother we wey dey on ground doubt if the Government is ready to end this wahala. Even the Soldiers here are tired bro e no easy. i was lucky on March 1st i escaped the Rann attack that killed some of my humanitarian friends by just 30mins interval
I thank God for your life. I went to an Ogun festival in a village in the south west, I was so scared when a vigilante shot a Dane gun beside me, I con dey imagine how the scenario will be if it's an AK or those other modern guns.
The sound of the guns go make some people dey shake for where them dey sef, not to talk of been shot at.

I pity the military personnel and the people of borno state, I feel a lot of people should not be forced to go back to their villages until this war end.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
allexpensive:
T-72s also gone.
Gbese shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
what's s annoying s that the cake eaters in Abuja are still sitting here n the $1bn PMB approved for the armed forces, I don't just know when these politicians would change!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

Am not supporting any sides dude, am stating a fact. The realty on ground, conditions our troops fight in, morals are low, most equipment are obsolete.

What part you don't get, must we force everything into your coconut head.

Most of the equipment APC/MBT on that post where almost not operational, most of these soldiers stood Thierry ground until late casualties where growing and no air support. Sometimes you retriet to fight for another day . Most they all die before they prove there worth, most of you here do not av the balls to blame the right authority.

Your problem as always been comprehension and too much textbook know-how, which doesn't work out sometimes on the battle field.
My friend, you are talking absolute rubbish.

You keep making ridiculous claims that the Vickers MBTs are obsolete. You sit down in your little imaginary world and make imaginary claims.

Provide proof they were not working or just shut the hell up!

The Vickers MBT has a powerful 105mm gun.
The Vickers MBT reaches a speed of 50km/h
Gun range for the Vickers is 5km.

In comparison to the T-72 which is a better Tank, the Vickers is well within acceptable standards for a Tank.

The T-72 has a 125mm gun
The T-72 also reaches a speed of 80km/h

The M1 Abrams Tank uses a 105mm gun
The M1 Abrams reaches a speed of 75km

How far is the Vickers MBT from these 2 other Tanks?
Are you too stupid to see they are all within acceptable envelope.

They Vickers was purchased in the 80s. South-Africa still uses Tanks from the 80s, so are many other countries across the world.

BHT attacked friendly forces with gun-trucks, men on foot how were they better armed than friendly forces that had better armour and guns.

You don't need to be Albert Einstein to know that strategy, poor planning, lax attitude were the bane of friendly forces in that humiliating defeat.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
what's s annoying s that the cake eaters in Abuja are still sitting on the $1bn PMB approved for the armed forces, I don't just know when these politicians would change!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
BabaOwen:
I thank God for your life. I went to an Ogun festival in a village in the south west, I was so scared when a vigilante shot a Dane gun beside me, I con dey imagine how the scenario will be if it's an AK or those other modern guns.
The sound of the guns go make some people dey shake for where them dey sef, not to talk of been shot at.

I pity the military personnel and the people of borno state, I feel a lot of people should not be forced to go back to their villages until this war end.

Lol here we are now used to AK47 grin we only take cover when we start hearing the sounds of heavy DSHK Guns or browning mounted on Hilux, Brother war is not what you should even pray for your enemies to witness. Since i came to Borno in 2016 till date i stopped watching war movies

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
We have massive shortcomings in that Country.
Now what's happened has happened, but no one here ask one simple question.
Where did BHT go after these attacks?
Imagine having 100s of terrorists carry out such act and they just evaporate? They drove there, someone claimed this happened at night, the video i just saw says otherwise. Even if true, they were still there till day break.
So in a war zone, where soldiers probably radioed this in, yet no one was able to track hundreds of terrorists within our own boarders? They just drove off in pick up trucks and got to where they were going safe and sound.
And no one sees anything wrong with this? We've lost control of our own country if this could happen and have no clue as to the whereabouts of that many terrorists.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
Henry240:

I watched the video yesterday, that's why i've been so angry.

Nigerian leaders are only interested in 2019 elections.

This one doesn't concern them.

Do you think the government, military high command or the ruling party have issued any statement?...... They don't care about that.

2019 elections on their minds.

Your totally right. They act like they are heartless, no statement, no flags flown on half mast, nothing nothing. Even Cameroon were our leaders are blood lovers don't act like that. at least they give a press conference even if it's to tell a HUGE lie but at least they show concern. Am just thinking about those families in pains without news of their family members.
The weapons collected will serve in attacks against neighboring nations. Am getting info from a friend in the BIR in the north that troops are on high alert due to this increase in attacks of BH.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
Henry240:
The Nigerian Air Force only has changed 3 different types of weapons alone in 6 years. They bought Tavor-21, Beryl and Arsenal M1.

The service has received or placed orders for nearly 70 different types of aircrafts in the last 6 years.

[b]What is happening with the Nigerian military, budget after budget, [/b]yet these Boko-Haram guys can sack you from your bases?

It's utter madness!
For those saying the army is under-funded, pls answer the bolded above.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
Well perhaps they thought why bother, it's a country full of young people, there are millions more children of mostly struggling families they can throw out there to fight.
The leaders have acted like life is cheap, and that didn't just started, why are you surprised? I'm not.
There's more where those soldiers come from ( their thinking), Nigerian leaders seems to have more important things to deal with.
In any serious country, this would be an Emergency situation, but it's happened before, no lesson learned, so don't expect any.
More needs to be done for our soldiers in terms of support, financial support and provide them with modern equipment that will give them an edge, not make them an equal to the enemy.
And perhaps remove people from remote areas, when soldiers are stretched too thin because they have too many villages and towns to cover, BH only have to overwhelm one position and bam, that battle will be lost.
I say demolish these small villages and move the people out. Sure not pc, but troops can't be everywhere and secure everywhere, or arm the people and let them be on their own.

fabselad:

Your totally right. They act like they are heartless, no statement, no flags flown on half mast, nothing nothing. Even Cameroon were our leaders are blood lovers don't act like that. at least they give a press conference even if it's to tell a HUGE lie but at least they show concern. Am just thinking about those families in pains without news of their family members.
The weapons collected will serve in attacks against neighboring nations. Am getting info from a friend in the BIR in the north that troops are on high alert due to this increase in attacks of BH.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
Very sad video . report the video of the attack. Terrorist propaganda must not be allowed to spread .

Rip to the brave soldiers that fought and died .

we can see a helicopter in the begining of video . The high officer used it to run ? Why mi 35 havnt came instead . the camp was not correctly set , some trenches and sandbag only and we can see that there is no watch tower, no fence, no mines. Maybe they dont expect a big attack in this region . for a big batlion like this they should be in a true solid base . nigerian army havnt bases in the north ?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Well perhaps they thought why bother, it's a country full of young people, there are millions more children of mostly struggling families they can throw out there to fight.
The leaders have acted like life is cheap, and that didn't just started, why are you surprised? I'm not.
There's more where those soldiers come from ( their thinking), Nigerian leaders seems to have more important things to deal with.
In any serious country, this would be an Emergency situation, but it's happened before, no lesson learned, so don't expect any.
More needs to be done for our soldiers in terms of support, financial support and provide them with modern equipment that will give them an edge, not make them an equal to the enemy.
And perhaps remove people from remote areas, when soldiers are stretched too thin because they have too many villages and towns to cover, BH only have to overwhelm one position and bam, that battle will be lost.
I say demolish these small villages and move the people out. Sure not pc, but troops can't be everywhere and secure everywhere, or arm the people and let them be on their own.

My brother I tire.Just wait and see. the same thing will happen again and we will be here lamenting again
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2018
Tochex101:

For those saying the army is under-funded, pls answer the bolded above.

Look at you, the way you people respond to question and make your comparison is somehow funny.

You can't compare the NAF and NA budget and needs.

The army isbigge, needs much more funding that the airforce. Have you been into an airforce and army barracks, you will fall in love with the airforce ASAP especially under these administration.

The NA also uses the beryl, Tarvor etc . But the question is can it afford it as standard issue of all her soldiers; Capital NO. And the airforce might struggle to for all its regiments because they are not that much as compared to the army.

Secondly corruption in both arm of the force is much chronic than one another.

The aircrafts that where purchased by the airforce was paid by the federal government especially the tucanos and the Mi35M . It took years for the airforce to purchase only 3 j17 thunders.

Probably the federal government should spend much on the army apart from there yearly budget.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
I saw some images suggesting camerroon solders where also with our troops.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
Someone was saying they had watch towers and that the attack happened at night, i didn't see one, and there was daylight.
Yes the mil have bases in the region, heck probably more than anywhere else in the country, just guessing.
And yes, I'd wish such videos weren't shared or spread, it's pure propaganda, but i also get why some would wanna watch it, had to force myself to , literally.
I just think they are spread too thin all over the place, it's a massive area, and those in charge doesn't seem to spend enough time fortifying where they stay, could be because they didn't plan on being there for long, who knows.
This ruined my day for real, but worse for those who lost their lives, and their loved ones, imagine how many households in mourning right now, a mother trying in vain trying to reach her deployed son over the phone and he was gone.
Damn
Algerian1:
Very sad video . report the video of the attack. Terrorist propaganda must not be allowed to spread .

we can see a helicopter in the begining of video . The high officer used it to run ? Why mi 35 havnt came instead . the camp was not correctly set , some trenches and sandbag only and we can see that there is no watch tower, no fence, no mines. Maybe they dont expect a big attack in this region . for a big batlion like this they should be in a true solid base . nigerian army havnt bases in the north ?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
Henry240:

My friend, you are talking absolute rubbish.

You keep making ridiculous claims that the Vickers MBTs are obsolete. You sit down in your little imaginary world and make imaginary claims.

Provide proof they were not working or just shut the hell up!

The Vickers MBT has a powerful 105mm gun.
The Vickers MBT reaches a speed of 50km/h
Gun range for the Vickers is 5km.

In comparison to the T-72 which is a better Tank, the Vickers is well within acceptable standards for a Tank.

The T-72 has a 125mm gun
The T-72 also reaches a speed of 80km/h

The M1 Abrams Tank uses a 105mm gun
The M1 Abrams reaches a speed of 75km

How far is the Vickers MBT from these 2 other Tanks?
Are you too stupid to see they are all within acceptable envelope.

They Vickers was purchased in the 80s. South-Africa still uses Tanks from the 80s, so are many other countries across the world.

BHT attacked friendly forces with gun-trucks, men on foot how were they better armed than friendly forces that had better armour and guns.

You don't need to be Albert Einstein to know that strategy, poor planning, lax attitude were the bane of friendly forces in that humiliating defeat.

You just confirmed my suspicion. Too much textbook and PS3 combat games in that your cocoa nut head.

In a type of BH attack, you need speed and maneuver to beat incoming attacks. It's not about big guns; rapid fire supression will give you an edge.

Have you ever wondered why his it that it's always the Vickers MBT and some old relics is always what they captured

We need more fast tanks in the class of T72 above and fast IFV (wheeled & tracked) with thick armor with rapid fire power. Now run along and the more Internet research MUMU.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

Look at you, the way you people respond to question and make your comparison is somehow funny.

You can't compare the NAF and NA budget and needs.

The army isbigge, needs much more funding that the airforce. Have you been into an airforce and army barracks, you will fall in love with the airforce ASAP especially under these administration.

The NA also uses the beryl, Tarvor etc . But the question is can it afford it as standard issue of all her soldiers; Capital NO. And the airforce might struggle to for all its regiments because they are not that much as compared to the army.

Secondly corruption in both arm of the force is much chronic than one another.

The aircrafts that where purchased by the airforce was paid by the federal government especially the tucanos and the Mi35M . It took years for the airforce to purchase only 3 j17 thunders.

Probably the federal government should spend much on the army apart from there yearly budget.
Do you think the 3 service arm receives the same budgetary allocation..... obviously that of the army is higher.
Can you count how many staff accomodations have been set up, furnished and commissioned by the air force in the last 4 years?..... I'm sure there are way over 30 which then begs the question -
Apart from paying staff salary, what major expenditure has the army undertaken.....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2018
Sizzorkay:
We have massive shortcomings in that Country.
Now what's happened has happened, but no one here ask one simple question.
Where did BHT go after these attacks?
Imagine having 100s of terrorists carry out such act and they just evaporate? They drove there, someone claimed this happened at night, the video i just saw says otherwise. Even if true, they were still there till day break.
So in a war zone, where soldiers probably radioed this in, yet no one was able to track hundreds of terrorists within our own boarders? They just drove off in pick up trucks and got to where they were going safe and sound.
And no one sees anything wrong with this? We've lost control of our own country if this could happen and have no clue as to the whereabouts of that many terrorists.
This what they do, after sacking/looting a FOB. They converge at a place away from the base then melt away in smaller groups in "random" directions

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
Algerian1:

Thank you brother.

These are ills no one who love the Army will try to downplay.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

You just confirmed my suspicion. Too much textbook and PS3 combat games in that your cocoa nut head.

In a type of BH attack, you need speed and maneuver to beat incoming attacks. It's not about big guns; rapid fire supression will give you an edge.

Have you ever wondered why his it that it's always the Vickers MBT and some old relics is always what they captured

We need more fast tanks in the class of T72 above and fast IFV (wheeled & tracked) with thick armor with rapid fire power. Now run along and the more Internet research MUMU.
Concerning Edward. was it then BTRs and T72 that was in the video? grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

Can't you see that you're making a fool of yourself?

Where talking about Vickers and MT-LB and you're showing T-72s and Btr-4s?

You have succeeded in proving the point most of us having being making, poor planning and incompetence were our bain.

Please read your own source/link.

Use your brain, it's not a decoration or for fancy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
Odunayaw:
Concerning Edward. was it then BTRs and T72 that was in the video? grin

I mean, isn't it just plain silly?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CNNNIGERIA1: 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
Boko Haram: Buhari sends Defence Minister to Chad for emergency security meeting
http://www.changednigerianews.com.ng/2018/11/boko-haram-buhari-sends-defence.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Runx and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.