Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3046928 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:03am On Nov 24, 2018
AlphaStyles:
if u dont give them weapons and armour how will they perform can u give american soldiers these type of arms our soldiers are carrying to go and fight taliban? they need equipement if weapons is excuse why are they complaining? inside u and them who is the one fighting boko haram? who recieved military training? who is in the war front?
The fellow you quoted is on the frontlines

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 10:18am On Nov 24, 2018
AlphaStyles:
if u dont give them weapons and armour how will they perform can u give american soldiers these type of arms our soldiers are carrying to go and fight taliban? they need equipement if weapons is excuse why are they complaining? inside u and them who is the one fighting boko haram? who recieved military training? who is in the war front?
The person is an actual soldier, u are armchair, so shut up about everything

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AlphaStyles(m): 10:38am On Nov 24, 2018
arantess:

The person is an actual soldier, u are armchair, so shut up about everything
guess what i also have my dad,friends dead and alive and senior officers from the front line and who are in the main front line so stfu about everything

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AlphaStyles(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2018
Odunayaw:
The fellow you quoted is on the frontlines
i also have a blood member in the frontline so?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2018
olapluto:
The video's effect is already manifest in the last few pages. SERIOUS soul searching has to be done. Nigerian Army needs to change their MO when face with such attacks.
It is very easy to aportion blame when we see the propaganda video of BHT. No one likes to see a trained soldier die in somewhat cowardly manner. If Nigerian Army does not respond robustly within 48 hours, then they are inviting another worse attack. Obviously our bases are porous and will be easily overrun by any rag tag army. BHT surely now know that most camp defences will not hold after few waves of attack.

I am really too heartbroken to start analysing the issue. Even more heartbroken that the government and Army HQ are not saying anything. They must bloody take us for fools. Last night, when I saw the video, I couldnt sleep. I was awake till like 4am just having flashbacks of that soldier pleading for his life, and the other well kitted soldiers shot point blank.
Basically my reaction the last 24hrs, imagine the family members of those soldiers watching their dads, cousins and brother being shot on camera.

With that many casualties, NA.... in fact the entire country needs to react, they needs to feel the heat!
We need to deal with this monster, good men can’t keep dying at this rate.
How can soldiers on active duty scream that the Nigerian army has turned them into a business.

These Boko boys are not ghosts, We need to take the fight to them, where do they live ? Fuel these gun trucks, arm themselves, sleep, eat??

The NA and her sister services need to make this country unbearable for Boko Haram.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2018
Henry240:

You see the high level of indiscipline prevelant in the rank and file of the Nigerian army.

This is exactly what i've been saying all day, irrespective of the equipment, indiscipline is rife.

2 T-72 Tanks destroyed

2 Vickers MBT destroyed

Otokar Cobra destroyed

Streit Typhoon MRAP destroyed

The soldiers don't even know the Tanks, saying the T-72s were bought during Shagari's regime.

How do we move from this?

Soldiers are indisciplined, CO's lack strategy, leadership and are utterly corrupt, the high command are living in some sort of kuvuki land.

You lose with all that, and i spend my days posting pictures celebrating these troops!

Damn....... I feel defrauded.

I just cannot continue, i'm done with these guys.
Honestly man same, the NE insurgency had been turned into a business, every incumbent government uses it as an excuse to withdraw $1bn from the national treasury.... our insurgency is a multi billion dollar business and we don’t even know.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 24, 2018
Anyways see you all in 2019 (close to election period), when political will to do the right thing shows up out of thin air.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:59am On Nov 24, 2018
AlphaStyles:
i also have a blood member in the frontline so?
I am nearly forced to call you a child. Your relative is not you! You keep quiet when someone who is actually in the thick of it is commenting

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 11:10am On Nov 24, 2018
BlackBaron:

They need to gut the whole training manual or whatever it is for a more concise and coherent training. The insurgency is 10 years old! Shocking they're still vulnerable to hit and run attacks!!
The dynamics of the battle may have had nothing to do with indiscipline afterall but for an apparent lack of protocol ala Base defence, communication and regrouping. Away from the obligatory obstacle and marksmanship training for infantry at Kaduna, what about organisation, hierarchy of command when things go awry and night time training. The depot's videos on training on YouTube are embarrassing, its more of corporal punishment than noteworthy training that can be the difference on a battlefield.

As for The Base, it was a stationary target and already the enemies could easily have employed some advantages to flank, overwhelm and choke off escape routes.

As for the current crops of generals, it may be they're also ill suited in their thinking if we're looking at the level of terrible training inherent in 80s, 90s and early 2000.
Basically, garbage in, garbage out.
Oga I have said this earlier. I've visited depot on countless occasions just to go see instructors that are friends. I've seen training manuals from Jaji when some of these friends visited me, they were reading for exams. This was like before the insurgency became full blown, guy even at that, what I saw was something that looked like from the 60's. I asked and the answer was like;na so we see am.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AlphaStyles(m): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2018
Odunayaw:
I am nearly forced to call you a child. Your relative is not you! You keep quiet when someone who is actually in the thick of it is commenting
excuse me but i actually value the life of my father who has been there for 4years and nearly got killed in 2015 bkus of lack of ammos so dont come here and blab rubbish with me

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2018
AlphaStyles:
excuse me but i actually value the life of my father who has been there for 4years and nearly got killed in 2015 bkus of lack of ammos so dont come here and blab rubbish with me
Don't change the subject you infant!

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AlphaStyles(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2018
Odunayaw:
Don't change the subject you infant!
oo so i am now changing the subject? i dont even have time talking to u people who dont have somebody of importance to you in warzones mtcheew bleep off

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:35am On Nov 24, 2018
BabaOwen:
I don't understand, are there no officers like lieutenants, captains or majors in that place that could have stopped the soldiers from videoing and saying all what they were saying?

RIP Revealed Incredible Personalities.

I stopped commenting here until I can do something about it.

But l for one, am not shocked or suprised about the degradation of our military.

I simply don't think you should disregard the comments made irrespective of the limited articulation. Those comments are made with the shedding of blood and the loss of thier lives.

If you can't empathise then have some RESPECT please.

I cry for my country.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2018
Sizzorkay:
I've restrained myself from insulting you, but for some reason you don't seem understand never to insult others without being insulted.
How big of a punk are ya?
I said what i said, if it pisses you off, jump off a fvking bridge you silly illiterate, who the heck are you to question my intelligence.
The hell is wrong with you guys talking to others as if you own them?
What such military base are you talking about huh? A soldier , according to info posted on here, said they were caught off-guard, but you are here insisting they weren't, okay.
Regardless whether they were or weren't, that won't bring back the dead.
So get off my case dude.
You had to go back and read comments that was posted several pages back? really?
And why the heck would i wanna join the military in a semi-failed country where the leadership don't give a darn about the people? Show me why Nigeria is worth dying for. Look around you, what benefit are the people reaping for being Nigerians? Nada.
Being a soldier wasn't by force, if you choose to enlist, be ready for the blood and tears, it's not for everyone, don't insult others because they weren't in the military, that's just stupid.
My uncle was gunned down over there months ago while in uniform with pictures of his corpse all over the internet, you sit there and talk to me about some bs. Each family that has made sacrifice knows what they've lost.
Having obsolete equipment is an issue, i never denied that, no one did.
Now your excuse was that they lost because they had low morale? okay, tomorrow if would be because they had flat tires.
Keep on with the excuses, let's see who that helps.
You? you wanna lecture me about comprehension? This must be a joke.

We don't have a professional Army, we have some professional units within the Army, that's about it.
Watch the video and see the disarray, without anyone being in charge of the situation. What kind of military do we have where soldiers can just up and walk away after an attack, who's in charge etc.
But hey, let's blame me and my lack of comprehension.
After all you claimed to have "shot a commission". This is the guy questioning my intelligence. Stay in your lane chief .

So don't spiit what you don't know of

War are not combat games you guys think it his; even the developed countries who are fighting ISIS & Taliban are not finding it easy, terrorism is still as strong and present there.

If these soldiers are not giving the right morale, equipment and environmental it's going to get worst than these with the new alliance terrorist are forming.

If you guys like type all your Jagons; it will never change anything. Those soldiers are not willing to die like fowls anymore for these country.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sconp: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2018
bidex111:

These base is not Melete base, these is Zari attack that happened few months ago.

If I am not mistaken, in the video I heard the person call metele repeatedly.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
sconp:

It could be edited to suit this purpose
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2018
sconp:

The other video that was shown with soldiers being shot on the head and in trenches could be the Zari attack as said by A. Salkida.
The current video with the soldiers videoing could be the Matelele attack.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2018
Why is our T72 getting blown up by rpg 7? Does BHT have new weapon systems? I saw a T72, that cocked off, the turret blown off......rpg7 isnt meant to defeat a T72.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2018
Stephandeswardt:
I keep hearing they took 40 barrels, they took 40 barrels....i hope it isnt mrls? With the amount of armour we have lost to BHT , or destroyed or BHT destroyed and the amount of atry pieces also.....i wonder just how strong our army is now.
If it is true that they took mrls, burnt mraps, vickers and t72's then it means one of these two :they couldn't drive the mbt's or the tanks were broken down. If the tanks were not working then what the soldier in the video was saying is true, no equipment.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2018
Stephandeswardt:
Why is our T72 getting blown up by rpg 7? Does BHT have new weapon systems? I saw a T72, that cocked off, the turret blown off......rpg7 isnt meant to defeat a T72.
Maybe the T 72's were just sitting there and they decided to set it on fire with some tank shells inside.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2018
Stephandeswardt:

With or without the ERA added amour the RPG can destroy the T72, depending on where it is been hit. But I doubt if it was an RPG hit.

These MBT where a bonded when the attack started, reliable source has it that most of these tanks are not operational worthy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2018
Festus Oluwayinka, a Warrant Officer seen in the video who was alive and pleading for his life. cry cry cry cry

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2018
Stephandeswardt:
They were set on fire where they were parked

BHT possesses no new thing, the ball is in our court
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by numbered(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
This same Army routed BH in days/months of urban warfare from the NW to the NE. Not long ago we celebrated clearing sambisa forest of BH. It seemed peace was finally coming, what went wrong ?This same Army routed BH in days/months of urban warfare from the NW to the NE. Not long ago we celebrated clearing sambisa forest of BH. It seemed peace was finally coming, what went wrong ?This same Army routed BH in days/months of urban warfare from the NW to the NE. Not long ago we celebrated clearing sambisa forest of BH. It seemed peace was finally coming, what went wrong ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2018
You just love going in circles while convincing yourself that you are saying something that makes sense right?
I mean, for the love of God, i just said the country is not worth dying for since the leadership doesn't care about the ppl, i said soldiers should down tools and walk if they aren't being well taken care of, yet you just literally said the exact same thing.
And if they are not willing to, they shouldn't be there, at least they would be alive, in case you still don't get it, them losing the battle wasn't the issue here, them dying is, get it? I got upset and sad that they died. How many times do i gotta repeat this? We lost a lot of soldiers we shouldn't have lost.
wow, well that's it for me on this subject.
But next time you disagree with anything i write, respond without insult, that shouldn't be too hard, i don't know you and we never had issues before, so no need for all that.

bidex111:

So don't spiit what you don't know of

War are not combat games you guys think it his; even the developed countries who are fighting ISIS & Taliban are not finding it easy, terrorism is still as strong and present there.

If these soldiers are not giving the right morale, equipment and environmental it's going to get worst than these with the new alliance terrorist are forming.

If you guys like type all your Jagons; it will never change anything. Those soldiers are not willing to die like fowls anymore for these country.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS ARREST NOTORIOUS GUN RUNNER

1. It is noteworthy to state that the on going Operation WHIRL PUNCH is achieving successes in all formations of Headquarters, 1 Division Nigerian Army. The latest being the interception and arrest of a notorious gun runner called RABI'U AKILU. He was arrested at the Garoji Army Check point in Bargu general area of New Bussa LGA of Niger state on 22 November 2018.

2. Acting on intelligence and careful trail, the vehicle was intercepted and the following items were discovered:
a. 21 fabricated locally made single barrels.
b. 15 fabricated locally made barrels Ghana made.
c. 10 fabricated locally made pistols.
d. 343 Cartridges.
e. One Toyota Corolla with registration number ZUR 416 DX KEBBI.

3. Mr Rabi'u Akilu hails from Dangulbi village of Maru LGA of Zamfara state. He is currently assisting security operatives in the investigation.

4. The general public, especially motorists are requested to please cooperate with the troops during any stop and search operation and continue to volunteer information on the activities of the criminals in the society.

5. The troops under Operation WHIRL PUNCH will continue to ensure safety passage on the roads and major highways, as well as elimination of bandits, kidnappers and cattle rustlers in our Area of Operations. The pictures of the recovered items are hereby attached.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through you reputable media house.

Grateful for your usual cooperation and understanding.

Colonel Muhammad Dole
Deputy Director
Army Public Relations
1 Division NA

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2018
Sizzorkay:
You just love going in circles while convincing yourself that you are saying something that makes sense right?
I mean, for the love of God, i just said the country is not worth dying for since the leadership doesn't care about the ppl, i said soldiers should down tools and walk if they aren't being well taken care of, yet you just literally said the exact same thing.
And if they are not willing to, they shouldn't be there, at least they would be alive, in case you still don't get it, them losing the battle wasn't the issue here, them dying is, get it? I got upset and sad that they died. How many times do i gotta repeat this? We lost a lot of soldiers we shouldn't have lost.
wow, well that's it for me on this subject.
But next time you disagree with anything i write, respond without insult, that shouldn't be too hard, i don't know you and we never had issues before, so no need for all that.

Please Where did I insult you ... undecided telling you should stop spitting what you don't know of ... has become an insult, whereas it's an actual fact.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2018
#COIN

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
A fact? What the heck is this man talking about? So you know something for a fact but I'm clueless about same?
Great, our troops lost because of low moral, that translate to what? Lack of leadership, lack of discipline, lack of awareness and the list goes on and on, and yes not sufficiently equipped.
Tell me again, how is that different from what Henry and others have been saying here?
I responded to the Algerian guy, who pretty much wondered about the same issue i discussed, yet you focused just on me. Get a life dude.
You are the last person to tell someone else they have problem that goes beyond comprehension. that's called an insult.
You don't question someone else's intelligence, you don't know me, and you aren't talking to a child . Stay in your lane.
You can't admonish someone for not being civil in their comment while you are busy insulting others, doesn't work that way, it's either you rise above it or you don't .
One second you were telling me to be civil with my comments, and right after that you started hurling insults at Henry. Only hypocrites behave like that.

bidex111:

Please Where did I insult you ... undecided telling you should stop spitting what you don't know of ... has become an insult, whereas it's an actual fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
Odunayaw:
Depot is basic school.

Infanteers attend Nigerian Army Infantry School, how can't you differentiate
My bad. All fair and noted.
However if that's what Phase 1 of NA training looks like, then I shudder at what the remaining training courses are... Most of the videos on YouTube are more hazing vs actual useful combatant tips.

Geronimoe:

Oga I have said this earlier. I've visited depot on countless occasions just to go see instructors that are friends. I've seen training manuals from Jaji when some of these friends visited me, they were reading for exams. This was like before the insurgency became full blown, guy even at that, what I saw was something that looked like from the 60's. I asked and the answer was like;na so we see am.

For the fact that 9 out 10 of NA lacks an effective but simple Base defence shows the level of training they receive from Generals down to the last Private soldier in the army. Instead its all trenches and sand mounds like its world war 1 all over again.

The war in Afghanistan saw respective armies tweaking and modifying their doctrines extensively, leading to lesser casualties as the war progressed and introducing them to the new nature of war in the current era which they could effectively counter.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2018
Sizzorkay:
A fact? What the heck is this man talking about? So you know something for a fact but I'm clueless about same?
Great, our troops lost because of low moral, that translate to what? Lack of leadership, lack of discipline, lack of awareness and the list goes on and on, and yes not sufficiently equipped.
Tell me again, how is that different from what Henry and others have been saying here?
I responded to the Algerian guy, who pretty much wondered about the same issue i discussed, yet you focused just on me. Get a life dude.
You are the last person to tell someone else they have problem that goes beyond comprehension. that's called an insult.
You don't question someone else's intelligence, you don't know me, and you aren't talking to a child . Stay in your lane.
You can't admonish someone for not being civil in their comment while you are busy insulting others, doesn't work that way, it's either you rise above it or you don't .
One second you were telling me to be civil with my comments, and right after that you started hurling insults at Henry. Only hypocrites behave like that.

You just confirmed that you don't know what you're talking about; you just want to be heard.

In the military when the leadership is faulty & corrupt it translate to indiscipline through the ranks and files of the command, which was what av be saying and you just confirmed it. Do you just want to spin garbage or your problem is comprehending what av been saying .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2018
Stephandeswardt:
I keep hearing they took 40 barrels, they took 40 barrels....i hope it isnt mrls? With the amount of armour we have lost to BHT , or destroyed or BHT destroyed and the amount of atry pieces also.....i wonder just how strong our army is now.

KATYUSHA

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.