Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3046875 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 12:07am On Nov 24, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Its like you dont know what is going on there what happened to the 1bn meant for arms? do you think its every time the airforce supports the army? my dad has been there and seen hell that even u cant withstand the heat and he brought back horrifying stories.the soldiers over there aint taken care of they hardly see money,they lack equipment,why do u think they always get out gunned by boko haram? pls if you dont know sh*t dont talk sh*t i live with the military i know how they row,the amount of mag they carry and chatted with soldiers that returned from NE

I'm afraid you're right. I had a chat with a soldier attached to one of the Task Forces up north, and his stories were truly horrific. Even down to the basic fire arm, a Nigerian soldier is at a disadvantage. 'heard the barrel of the Nigerian made Type 56/OBJ-006 rifles buckles after being fired for some time that the soldiers have to pliers to straighten them. With Mobile Police Units that are usually rotated in and out of the NE, I wonder how the authorities expect our cops to face an enemy armed with RPG thermobaric rounds. There's urgent need to provide our troops with more and better equipment from basic body armour and rifles to armour vehicles (mbts, MRAPs, IFVs) , communication assets, better and transport combat aircrafts, etc. And don't forget the basic welfare of our soldiers and their families. They deserve way better.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AlphaStyles(m): 12:13am On Nov 24, 2018
ocelot2006:

I'm afraid you're right. I had a chat with a soldier attached to one of the Task Forces up north, and his stories were truly horrific. Even down to the basic fire arm, a Nigerian soldier is at a disadvantage. 'heard the barrel of the Nigerian made Type 56/OBJ-006 rifles buckles after being fired for some time that the soldiers have to pliers to straighten them. With Mobile Police Units that are usually rotated in and out of the NE, I wonder how the authorities expect our cops to face an enemy armed with RPG thermobaric rounds. There's urgent need to provide our troops with more and better equipment from basic body armour and rifles to armour vehicles (mbts, MRAPs, IFVs) , communication assets, better and transport combat aircrafts, etc. And don't forget the basic welfare of our soldiers and their families. They deserve way better.
they need weapons,aviation sqd,taken care of and new commander that boost morals than threathn them with court martial
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 12:16am On Nov 24, 2018
bidex111:

N.I BORDER PATROL CORPS; the camo is only been used by there border patrol personnels.

https://www.google.com/amp/thenationonlineng.net/graduation-patrol-corps/amp/

I.D of these weapons.

DAYUM!! NIS ain't joking at all. Now THIS is what the NPF's Mobile Police Squadrons on rotation up north needs. Arm units with LMGs and RPGs plus more armoured vehicles, same way the Colombians arm their Police Force.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 12:20am On Nov 24, 2018
bidex111:

" This country is cursed, who did this to us? " you sound like people from that region grin
Lol.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 12:25am On Nov 24, 2018
The current video that is trending online (as pictured here), is not the latest attack in Metele, it is the Zari attack on 30th August 2018.-Salkida.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:32am On Nov 24, 2018
Yes, we are rightly angry. Its been a bad year but let's not forget that these ones are Nigerians and are fathers,brothers and husbands.

May their souls RIP

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 24, 2018
[quote ]

this is the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLIaKPe5fY

[/quote]

In the video the speaker mentions stoppages in the gun of The t72 after 2 shots

Can anybody verify if that is what the audio says .....
My linguistics skill got limitations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 5:08am On Nov 24, 2018
bidex111:

It's part of it bro,

A lot as to be changed; management, structure and shaking of the entire force.
They need to gut the whole training manual or whatever it is for a more concise and coherent training. The insurgency is 10 years old! Shocking they're still vulnerable to hit and run attacks!!
The dynamics of the battle may have had nothing to do with indiscipline afterall but for an apparent lack of protocol ala Base defence, communication and regrouping. Away from the obligatory obstacle and marksmanship training for infantry at Kaduna, what about organisation, hierarchy of command when things go awry and night time training. The depot's videos on training on YouTube are embarrassing, its more of corporal punishment than noteworthy training that can be the difference on a battlefield.

As for The Base, it was a stationary target and already the enemies could easily have employed some advantages to flank, overwhelm and choke off escape routes.

As for the current crops of generals, it may be they're also ill suited in their thinking if we're looking at the level of terrible training inherent in 80s, 90s and early 2000.
Basically, garbage in, garbage out.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko1: 6:34am On Nov 24, 2018
BlackBaron:

They need to gut the whole training manual or whatever it is for a more concise and coherent training. The insurgency is 10 years old! Shocking they're still vulnerable to hit and run attacks!!
The dynamics of the battle may have had nothing to do with indiscipline afterall but for an apparent lack of protocol ala Base defence, communication and regrouping. Away from the obligatory obstacle and marksmanship training for infantry at Kaduna, what about organisation, hierarchy of command when things go awry and night time training. The depot's videos on training on YouTube are embarrassing, its more of corporal punishment than noteworthy training that can be the difference on a battlefield.

As for The Base, it was a stationary target and already the enemies could easily have employed some advantages to flank, overwhelm and choke off escape routes.

As for the current crops of generals, it may be they're also ill suited in their thinking if we're looking at the level of terrible training inherent in 80s, 90s and early 2000.
Thank you
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:51am On Nov 24, 2018
nemesis8u:

In the video the speaker mentions stoppages in the gun of The t72 after 2 shots

Can anybody verify if that is what the audio says .....
My linguistics skill got limitations

Yeap you are right.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2018
I keep hearing they took 40 barrels, they took 40 barrels....i hope it isnt mrls? With the amount of armour we have lost to BHT , or destroyed or BHT destroyed and the amount of atry pieces also.....i wonder just how strong our army is now.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:04am On Nov 24, 2018
Litmus:
Someone posted a youtube video on Beegsblog depicting individuals porprting to be surviving Nigerian solders in the aftermath of the attack commenting hysterical on background destroyed military vehicles such as Tanks, APC’s and the like. Supposing the Vid is true and not ducted in any way by unscrupulous individuals bent on exploiting the current debacle for political purposes , what sort of weapons could Bokoharam have employed in shattering those tanks and heavy equipment so utterly? I mean, i am aware of a number of weapon types capable of doing so but the soldiers in the vid seem surprised, the implication being that they felt the fault lays with the condition of the Nigerians tanks and APC's not Bokoharam weapons.

this is the vid:

the vid though strikes me as lies of some sorts...

These base is not Melete base, these is Zari attack that happened few months ago.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2018
Stephandeswardt:
I keep hearing they took 40 barrels, they took 40 barrels....i hope it isnt mrls? With the amount of armour we have lost to BHT , or destroyed or BHT destroyed and the amount of atry pieces also.....i wonder just how strong our army is now.

I can't believe we lost MRAPS also... these one weak me seriously embarassed embarassed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2018
PRESS RELEASE ON THE ATTACK ON 157 TASK FORCE BATTALION DEFENSIVE LOCATION AT METELE IN GUZAMALA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BORNO STATE

1. The attention of the NA has been drawn to several social media, print, electronic and online publications about the recent attack on 157 Task Force Battalion at Metele. Whilst it is true that there was an attack on the location on 18 November 2018, it has however, become necessary to correct several misinformation being circulated with regards to this unfortunate event.

2. It is important for the public to note that the NA has laid down procedures for reporting incidents that involve its personnel who fall casualty in action. Out of respect for the families of our gallant troops, the NOKs are first notified before any form of public information so as to avoid exacerbating the grief family members would bear, were they to discover such from unofficial sources.

3. Furthermore, it suffices to observe that several social media, print and online publications have been brandishing false casualty figures as well as circulating various footages of old and inaccurate BHT propaganda videos and alluding same to be the attack on 157 Task Force Battalion. Whilst it is understandable how such misinformation can spread in this era of social media frenzy, the spurious circulation of some of these videos only contribute to further propagate the propaganda intent of the terrorists; to misinform the populace and portray themselves as what they are not. So far, the situation is that the location is under control as reinforcing units have been able to repel the terrorists and stabilize the situation.

4. The NA sincerely, wishes to thank the various arms of government, MDAs and sister security agencies that have stood with her in these trying times; by commiserating with the families of the fallen heroes who have paid the supreme price for the defence of our dearly beloved country. The necessary support being given the NA by the Federal Government and the goodwill of the Nigerian populace will undoubtedly continue to spur the NA towards the ultimate defeat of the highly degraded BHTs.

5. This is for your information please. You are kindly requested to disseminate same through your various media channels. Thank you.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 24, 2018
Litmus:
Someone posted a youtube video on Beegsblog depicting individuals porprting to be surviving Nigerian solders in the aftermath of the attack commenting hysterical on background destroyed military vehicles such as Tanks, APC’s and the like. Supposing the Vid is true and not ducted in any way by unscrupulous individuals bent on exploiting the current debacle for political purposes , what sort of weapons could Bokoharam have employed in shattering those tanks and heavy equipment so utterly? I mean, i am aware of a number of weapon types capable of doing so but the soldiers in the vid seem surprised, the implication being that they felt the fault lays with the condition of the Nigerians tanks and APC's not Bokoharam weapons.

this is the vid:

the vid though strikes me as lies of some sorts...
I don't understand, are there no officers like lieutenants, captains or majors in that place that could have stopped the soldiers from videoing and saying all what they were saying?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2018
Sizzorkay:
bless you.
That's what i just said, have people on watch and on patrols etc, but some people thought i watched too much movies, unreal, this is basic common sense
Not the first time news sources has quoted soldiers saying they were caught unaware, that's lack of discipline, you can't be caught unaware in a war zone, no one said it's easy, i keep stressing that point.
hundreds of terrorists just don't appear from thin air.
How does this not piss people off

Your problem goes beyond comprehension. So you think for such a big military base there are no patrols and observation post/towers. They where simply overrun with obsolete equipment to defend themselves, soldiers with already weakened moral.

You've been shouting hundreds of terrorists don't appear from thin air and dissappear after overrunning a base. What happens to proper equipment to fight back, soldiers welfare..etc without all these forget we can't win these war. It will always be a step forward and few backwards. If it pisses you off, please come join the army and see the hell the guys are going through. undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 7:27am On Nov 24, 2018
BabaOwen:
I don't understand, are there no officers like lieutenants, captains or majors in that place that could have stopped the soldiers from videoing and saying all what they were saying?

At that point, considering the mindset of the soldiers, trust me all an officer can do under the situation is very little. The situation on ground has SHATTERED morale and discipline.
Attempting to stop them puts you on the side of the "TOP BRASS" whom they feel sent them out to die.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:27am On Nov 24, 2018
BabaOwen:

That shows a lot of disorder, gross misconduct between ranks and files of order and weakened moral in the army. Probably they all fled leaving them behind, just saying.

These video is over 2 months ago.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:40am On Nov 24, 2018
Rumours about the adoption of the Egyptian army on Infantry soldiers to move in front of their APCs to protect it from IEDs

In fact this is tactic which is followed by any military forces in the world to search for IEDs or any armed elements hiding in the area.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2018
Egyptian Army EODs teams in Sinai seems to have got a large improvement in their equipments used in discovering & detonating IEDs

As it appears in the attached photo, packed ECO, military working dogs, MRAPs w/ jamming devices, Minerals Detectors, & new protection suits & kit.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:44am On Nov 24, 2018
Egyptian Air Force C-130H-30 Hercules (L-382) spotted at Frankfurt - Hahn (HHN) airport in Germany on Nov 11.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:51am On Nov 24, 2018
Egyptian Navy Special Forces during conducting Amphibious landing on Island captured by terrorist elements within Arab Shield-1 Military Exercise.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:01am On Nov 24, 2018
photos from the 2nd week of Seal-8 Special Forces & reconnaissance training course.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2018
Interesting Footage by ISIS cam. For Egyptian Air force Wing Loong-1 UAV, F-16 warplane during providing air support during operations, Also undetermined Type of surveillance drones appear which expected to be for the IAF & used to carry out observation missions near border line.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faculty14(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2018
Henry240:

You see the high level of indiscipline prevelant in the rank and file of the Nigerian army.

This is exactly what i've been saying all day, irrespective of the equipment, indiscipline is rife.

2 T-72 Tanks destroyed

2 Vickers MBT destroyed

Otokar Cobra destroyed

Streit Typhoon MRAP destroyed

The soldiers don't even know the Tanks, saying the T-72s were bought during Shagari's regime.

How do we move from this?

Soldiers are indisciplined, CO's lack strategy, leadership and are utterly corrupt, the high command are living in some sort of kuvuki land.

You lose with all that, and i spend my days posting pictures celebrating these troops!

Damn....... I feel defrauded.

I just cannot continue, i'm done with these guys.

Lol sometimes I laugh when I see the extent to which youre willing to defend the Nigerian military. Its patriotism which is good

But most times I wish you knew how bad things really are. you won't waste your time.

Thank God realty has finally dawn on you

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2018
Abeg, is this not Super Mushshak

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2018
Xbee007:
Abeg, is this not Super Mushshak
Fake news.

That's what the APC has fed Nigeria for the past 3 years, while our country has gone 30 years backwards.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:59am On Nov 24, 2018
Henry240:

Fake news.

That's what the APC has fed Nigeria for the past 3 years, while our country has gone 30 years backwards.
And their minions be like, "Wow, please tell me more!"

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2018
AlphaStyles:
they need weapons,aviation sqd,taken care of and new commander that boost morals than threathn them with court martial
Weapons are plain excuses, the truth without any sugar coating is own forces were lax and performed below expectation.
We really need to redeem ourselves.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AlphaStyles(m): 9:11am On Nov 24, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Weapons are plain excuses, the truth without any sugar coating is own forces were lax and performed below expectation.
We really need to redeem ourselves.
if u dont give them weapons and armour how will they perform can u give american soldiers these type of arms our soldiers are carrying to go and fight taliban? they need equipement if weapons is excuse why are they complaining? inside u and them who is the one fighting boko haram? who recieved military training? who is in the war front?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:13am On Nov 24, 2018
I've restrained myself from insulting you, but for some reason you don't seem understand never to insult others without being insulted.
How big of a punk are ya?
I said what i said, if it pisses you off, jump off a fvking bridge you silly illiterate, who the heck are you to question my intelligence.
The hell is wrong with you guys talking to others as if you own them?
What such military base are you talking about huh? A soldier , according to info posted on here, said they were caught off-guard, but you are here insisting they weren't, okay.
Regardless whether they were or weren't, that won't bring back the dead.
So get off my case dude.
You had to go back and read comments that was posted several pages back? really?
And why the heck would i wanna join the military in a semi-failed country where the leadership don't give a darn about the people? Show me why Nigeria is worth dying for. Look around you, what benefit are the people reaping for being Nigerians? Nada.
Being a soldier wasn't by force, if you choose to enlist, be ready for the blood and tears, it's not for everyone, don't insult others because they weren't in the military, that's just stupid.
My uncle was gunned down over there months ago while in uniform with pictures of his corpse all over the internet, you sit there and talk to me about some bs. Each family that has made sacrifice knows what they've lost.
Having obsolete equipment is an issue, i never denied that, no one did.
Now your excuse was that they lost because they had low morale? okay, tomorrow if would be because they had flat tires.
Keep on with the excuses, let's see who that helps.
You? you wanna lecture me about comprehension? This must be a joke.

We don't have a professional Army, we have some professional units within the Army, that's about it.
Watch the video and see the disarray, without anyone being in charge of the situation. What kind of military do we have where soldiers can just up and walk away after an attack, who's in charge etc.
But hey, let's blame me and my lack of comprehension.
After all you claimed to have "shot a commission". This is the guy questioning my intelligence. Stay in your lane chief .
bidex111:

Your problem goes beyond comprehension. So you think for such a big military base there are no patrols and observation post/towers. They where simply overrun with obsolete equipment to defend themselves, soldiers with already weakened moral.

You've been shouting hundreds of terrorists don't appear from thin air and dissappear after overrunning a base. What happens to proper equipment to fight back, soldiers welfare..etc without all these forget we can't win these war. It will always be a step forward and few backwards. If it pisses you off, please come join the army and see the hell the guys are going through. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2018
BlackBaron:

Depot is basic school.

Infanteers attend Nigerian Army Infantry School, how can't you differentiate

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.