Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025850 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 12:03am On Jan 04, 2019
Odunayaw:
Hope NA is learning. Don't lie about casualties. Respect and Honor those we've lost

Not just this. Their PR is very bad. All base that was lost to ISWAP within the last few weeks has been under attack but gallantly repelled by troops over 3-5 times with casualties in ISWAP but none of these made the news. Few minutes after a military base was lost, it's all over the internet. I don't understand how these things work.

Most vase also lack LR patrol capabilities. Just clearance/patrol ops around town and nothing strategic. Immediately BHT/ISWAP puts the patrol unit under serious ambush, the base gets disorganized with artillery and yes, they make use of howitzers too. The base are already known by ISWAP terrorist so soldiers are always on defensive position and always expecting an attack.

Also heard the Mi-35m got hit by a RPG fire too and not just AA.

145bn is a very busy unit. They've been under several attacks from Gashigar to Damasak. This thing will still continue so something needs to be done. ISWAP has been trying to take control of the town and now we lost an hind there. The aircraft frequents that location so I guess ISWAP got their fire direction well planned.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 12:05am On Jan 04, 2019
EricBloodAxe:

I don't think it would cost $1bn to hire mercenaries who can get the job done. While planning long-term as you rightly put it, we need a solution that works and we need it right now.

We could eat our shame and pride and call the Chadeans to help clear our mess.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by numbered(m): 12:25am On Jan 04, 2019
komekn:

Chad - The hand of Jacob and the voice of Esau.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:26am On Jan 04, 2019
allexpensive:

Not just this. Their PR is very bad. All base that was lost to ISWAP within the last few weeks has been under attack but gallantly repelled by troops over 3-5 times with casualties in ISWAP but none of these made the news. Few minutes after a military base was lost, it's all over the internet. I don't understand how these things work.

Most vase also lack LR patrol capabilities. Just clearance/patrol ops around town and nothing strategic. Immediately BHT/ISWAP puts the patrol unit under serious ambush, the base gets disorganized with artillery and yes, they make use of howitzers too. The base are already known by ISWAP terrorist so soldiers are always on defensive position and always expecting an attack.

145bn is a very busy unit. They've been under several attacks from Gashigar to Damasak. This thing will still continue so something needs to be done. ISWAP has been trying to take control of the town and now we lost an hind there. The aircraft frequents that location so I guess ISWAP got their fire direction well planned.
Army PR is dangerously archaic even if we were in the 80s

The Army is gradually getting to a point where they will have to decide if they want to hold grounds to hold further grounds OR they want to be mobile.
ISWAP is watching patterns and learning and it seems we aren't. The loss of the bright men & the Helo is just sad.

145Bn is very well known here (well for those that read Army Statements for educative purpose). What are they doing that those at Zaki, Metele aren't doing?

Well, you guys are in my prayers. God keep you.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:28am On Jan 04, 2019
komekn:

We should also call the remaining 50+ African countries on the continent too

While at it, we seek UN and probably aliens from mars

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 12:33am On Jan 04, 2019
allexpensive:

Very simple for a country that considers itself oil rich and a regional power. Very simple, IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED.

Have you ever heard of a NATO and Allied forces forward base ever over run. Some of these bases have no more than 100+ combatants. Sometimes surrounded by thousand + Taliban.

A dozen technicals and a few hundred Boko militants over run a base. It's shameful. How did 500 or less Boko militants converge without us knowing

A technical isn't armoured it's easily immobilised with a round in the engine block from a KM away or course heavy caliber. It's not rocket science, it's basic elementary knowledge.

That's why it's shocking and then to see Boko Haram going shopping and having a free for all with all the abandoned weaponry and ammunition.

BIG SHAME.

Am l suprised not in the least, we must now realise that the giant of Africa tag is now simply delusional.

What can we expect not a lot , there is real transformation change required at the very top.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 12:43am On Jan 04, 2019
komekn:

Chadeans are worse. Experienced but poor discipline.Their soldiers dont just run, the entire unit just disengages and withdraws. Their officer corps is shit and I hear they are owing months in salaries.

We complain about the Nigerian Army but it is not lost on us that they are actually better at COIN than US, Afghan, Egyptian and Russian Armies. What Russia did in Syria to take out rebel forces and ISIS was not COIN... but complete scorched earth destruction of entire provinces where rebels were based. We cannot do same against our own people to clear out Bokos. Afghanistan has lost 85% of the country to Taliban in spite of security spending x5 of Nigerias. Only Algeria is performing better than Nigeria but they are spending atrociously on hardware.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 12:46am On Jan 04, 2019
Odunayaw:
We should also call the remaining 50+ African countries on the continent too

While at it, we seek UN and probably aliens from mars

Put aside pride and national prestige we have lost all that.

Give the Chadeans free run even give them a few million $$ be our friends donations and they will chase them out of the Chad basin.

Leaving the NA to do a mopping up operation.

Not too long ago Chad hot involved and within a few weeks had BOKO on the run. We then took over the shame was too much.

So it may seem a bit unthinkable but it could be quick fix.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 12:52am On Jan 04, 2019
komekn:

Give the Chadeans free run even give them a few million $$ be our friends donations and they will chase them out of the Chad basin.

Not too long ago Chad hot involved and within a few weeks had BOKO on the run. We then took over the shame was too much.

This is nonsense. It's because of Chad that Boko Haram is still strong. Look at the map of Lake Chad area. They are mostly hiding out at the Chadian side of the rapidly vanishing lake.

The problem we have is that our far flung FOBs need more frequent air support ISR and patrols. Also we have deployed inexperienced soldiers at FOBS who also have poor regimental behaviour and poor discipline.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 2:10am On Jan 04, 2019
komekn:

What is the meaning of this?. The Chadian army is far worse than the NA in terms of training and discipline, except for a few elite units. The only thing going for them is experience in desert warfare, from all the years of the Toyota war and fighting insurgencies.

A country ruled by an ambitious despot, who is to say they aren't actively involved in covertly aiding ISWAP?. They certainly have a record of sabotaging our efforts, we haven't forgotten how they deserted Baga in 2014 to be overrun by BH, or how they aided in attempting to arm BH with Surface to Air Missiles. That Derby guy has always had questionable links with BH, to the extent that he once offered to set up negotiations between the FG and BH, only to dupe us of a huge sum.

Either you are trying to be funny or simply not knowledgeable, because the mere suggestion is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:21am On Jan 04, 2019
komekn:

Those actually doing the job in the NE say different so find somewhere else to put this BBC bullshit
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 2:23am On Jan 04, 2019
It's really becoming alarming.for the past 3 to 4 months it has been a series of defeats and set back for the NA. Despite the millions of dollars being poured by the Nigerian federal government the situation has not changed.I think there should be
-A radical change in the NA military hierarchy.
-A total Over haul of the training of NA soldiers.
-Better employment of the Nigerian Special forces. They are employed like normal foot soldiers which is a Huge mistake.
-A reinforcement of FOB with better defenses and structures with appropriate weaponry and ammunition stocks.
-More cooperation btw the different branches of the Nigerian Armed forces.
-An Overhaul on the overall strategy on how to tackle BH in cooperation with allied forces.

I think this is what NA needs best
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 2:29am On Jan 04, 2019
SternProphet:

Chadeans are worse. Experienced but poor discipline.Their soldiers dont just run, the entire unit just disengages and withdraws. Their officer corps is shit and I hear they are owing months in salaries.

We complain about the Nigerian Army but it is not lost on us that they are actually better at COIN than US, Afghan, Egyptian and Russian Armies. What Russia did in Syria to take out rebel forces and ISIS was not COIN... but complete scorched earth destruction of entire provinces where rebels were based. We cannot do same against our own people to clear out Bokos. Afghanistan has lost 85% of the country to Taliban in spite of security spending x5 of Nigerias. Only Algeria is performing better than Nigeria but they are spending atrociously on hardware.

They did a better job when BH was reigning in the North 1 or 2 years back.it took the Chadians 1 month to clean and gain territories which NA dreaded.yeah the chadians have their short comings but its a fact they can handle BH

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:23am On Jan 04, 2019
fabselad:

They did a better job when BH was reigning in the North 1 or 2 years back.it took the Chadians 1 month to clean and gain territories which NA dreaded.yeah the chadians have their short comings but its a fact they can handle BH
the chadian army is a rag tag piece of sh.it which the Western media used in order to mock Nigeria and the previous president. The chadians didn't venture into more than 2 border towns and out of a sudden all NA victories were attributed to Chad. Bama, Gwoza, Baga... The only reason Derby is still alive is the fact that France protects him.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 3:36am On Jan 04, 2019
prolog2:
the chadian army is a rag tag piece of sh.it which the Western media used in order to mock Nigeria and the previous president. The chadians didn't venture into more than 2 border towns and out of a sudden all NA victories were attributed to Chad. Bama, Gwoza, Baga...

lol the chadians did a job which the NA was not able to do.it's a fact.why do you refuse a fact.am not comparing both armies.the same mistakes you made some years back are being repeated again.y how i rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 04, 2019
fabselad:

lol the chadians did a job which the NA was not able to do.it's a fact.why do you refuse a fact.am not comparing both armies.the same mistakes you made some years back are being repeated again.y how i rest my case.
what did the chadians do ? I followed all these events as they happened. You should try your luck with ignorant people who were asleep back then.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 04, 2019
Do you guys remember when CNN was pushing the propaganda that the cjtf were the only ones fighting against Boko Haram while the army was running or hiding ?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 3:57am On Jan 04, 2019
prolog2:
what did the chadians do ? I followed all these events as they happened. You should try your luck with ignorant people who were asleep back then.

as u say
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 4:01am On Jan 04, 2019
prolog2:
Do you guys remember when CNN was pushing the propaganda that the cjtf were the only ones fighting against Boko Haram while the army was running or hiding ?

and what interest does CNN has to push such "propaganda".The fact is anything that portrays ur weakness is propaganda. So if the say Nigerian soldiers are running now from bases is it propaganda or if they say soldiers are refusing to be sent to the north would you call it propaganda. Year news outlets do exaggerate at times but they build the story from some were.my brother lets not argue.you are right.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 04, 2019
fabselad:

and what interest does CNN has to push such "propaganda".The fact is anything that portrays ur weakness is propaganda. So if the say Nigerian soldiers are running now from bases is it propaganda or if they say soldiers are refusing to be sent to the north would you call it propaganda. Year news outlets do exaggerate at times but they build the story from some were.my brother lets not argue.you are right.
their interest was to overthrow Jonathan which was in line with the interests of their beloved Democrat president Obama. And if at this moment you actually believe that the civilian jtf was fighting Boko Haram while the army was hiding then you are out of touch with reality. Your comment is bizzar, if you know I am right then why do you contradict me ? Also, I am not a fan of the Nigerian army, nothing I have said makes me their fan in any way. I just can't stand to see a guy tell blatant lies and try to dupe others.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 04, 2019
prolog2:
I can’t forget even if I tried to, it was civilian Jtf/local hunters and then it was mercenaries and after that it was the Chadian military, western media came together to send the last admin packing...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 4:33am On Jan 04, 2019
prolog2:
their interest was to overthrow Jonathan which was in line with the interests of their beloved Democrat president Obama. And if at this moment you actually believe that the civilian jtf was fighting Boko Haram while the army was hiding then you are out of touch with reality. Your comment is bizzar, if you know I am right then why do you contradict me ? Also, I am not a fan of the Nigerian army, nothing I have said makes me their fan in any way. I just can't stand to see a guy tell blatant lies and try to dupe others.

LOL i never said i believe whatsoever about CJTF was true.don't quote me wrong pls.guess u are MR Truth lol.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2019
nemesis8u:
L
Arrrrrrgh! This is really annoying. If you miss, you miss. Haba nemesis, why are you this stingy grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 7:42am On Jan 04, 2019
FreddyKruger:

Don't let the military controlled media deceive u. Funds were long released.
Really? Which funds were released? The 1bn from ECA meant for the military has been blown by FG in three weeks!
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/302071-nigerias-excess-crude-account-depletes-73-in-three-weeks.html

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by invincible007(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2019
EVarn:
Personally, I think a B.Sc. or HND(at worst OND) should be prerequisite for recruitment into the military. A large proportion of the Nigerian armed forces is made up of uneducated or under-educated people. Recruitment is skewed to favour some sections of the country, how then can we expect a professional body?.

I agree with you, quality should be a priority. Only a person who has passed through the semi-regimented process that the Nigerian educational system provides(Primary, Secondary and Tertiary) will be able to easily retain military training and discipline.
If you start from bsc then what rank will there start from? A secondary school certificate holder having received basic education is smart enough and sharp enough to undergo military training and come out top notch. Bsc certificate can't make you smart or wise or make you a quick learner. All the Army has to do is look for intelligent yet RUGGED persons during screenings

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mafialeader: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2019
ugo4u:

I doubt if the person that call that beast a junk has ever seen a helicopter.
abi oo, i didnt even replying him at all.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2019
allexpensive:

Not just this. [b] Their PR is very bad. All base that was lost to ISWAP within the last few weeks has been under attack but gallantly repelled by troops over 3-5 times with casualties in ISWAP but none of these made the news. [/b]Few minutes after a military base was lost, it's all over the internet. I don't understand how these things work.

Till now the Gallant effort of soldier securing Damasak, a town bordering Diffa Region of Niger Republic as not been reported. Several scores of BHT where killed & wounded.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 04, 2019
invincible007:

If you start from bsc then what rank will there start from? A secondary school certificate holder having received basic education is smart enough and sharp enough to undergo military training and come out top notch. Bsc certificate can't make you smart or wise or make you a quick learner. All the Army has to do is look for intelligent yet RUGGED persons during screenings
being an illiterate doesn't make one intelligent nor rugged. Being educated guaranties you can execute some mental gymnastics and it doesn't make you soft at all.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:42am On Jan 04, 2019
TROOPS DISCOVER AND CLEAR BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS HIDEOUT IN GAWA MAFA LGA

Based on credible intelligence, troops of 112 Task Force Battalion, 22 Brigade, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, along with some members of the Civilian JTF, today, Thursday 3rd January 2019, embarked on fighting patrol to suspected Boko Haram terrorists hideouts around Gawa and Boskoro villages, Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State.
In the course of the patrol, the troops discovered and destroyed Boko Haram terrorists hideout. They also neutralised 6 terrorists in the area. During the search on the hideout before destruction, the troops recovered 3 pieces of 36 Hand Grenade, 4 Dane Guns, and 26 rounds of Anti-Aircraft ammunition. They also recovered 3 Gas Cylinders and a set of Bow and Arrows. The gallant patrol team also rescued 3 women at Boskoro who were later handed over to the Internally Displaced Persons camp officials at Dikwa.
Impressed by their performance, the Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Major General BA Akinroluyo commended the troops. The Commendation was relayed to them by the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division and Commander Sector 1, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Brigadier General Bulama Biu. He further enjoined them to be more daring and clear any suspected Boko Haram terrorists hideout.
You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.

SANI KUKASHEKA USMAN
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
3rd January 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:43am On Jan 04, 2019
"Take The War To Their Enclaves And Flush Out The Remnants Of The Boko Haram Terrorists"....COAS Charge Troops Of Operation Lafiya Dole.

In line with the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai's directive to troops of Operation Lafiya Dole to take the war to their enclaves and flush out the remnants of the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs), the Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division Nigerian Army and Commander Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole Brigadier General Abdulmalik Bulama Biu charged troops under command to redouble their effort with renewed vigour, gallantry and doggedness in the fight against insurgency and terrorism in the Theatre.

Towards achieving this, the Commander 28 Task Force Brigade Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole, Brigadier General Mohammed Usman charged troops of 117 Task Force Battalion (Bn) to be proactive and committed in the fight against insurgency while commissioning the Bn's Quick Response Group (QRG) Special Motor Cycle Section recently in Chibok.

General Usman stated that the motor bikes will certainly boost the fighting capacity and morale of the troops in the fight against Boko Harram Terrorists and Insurgency within the theatre of Operation Lafiya Dole especially around the Chibok general area. He emphasized that with the creation of the Special Motor Cycle Section it will enable the troops to chase the terrorist completely out of their enclaves.

He further urged the troops to intensify the conduct of clearance and confidence building patrol within their Area of Responsibility which include Mbalala, Peyeso, Gatamarwa, Gogomdi, Shawa and Kwada amongst others in order to deny the insurgents freedom of movements and operations.

Receiving the Motor Bikes on behalf of the Bn, the Commanding Officer (CO), Lieutenant Colonel Abdulrahaman Bello commended the effort of the Nigerian Army (NA) especially the Chief of Army Staff(COAS) for approving the creation of the outfit which has no doubt boosted the fighting spirit of his troops.

Colonel Bello assured the Leadership of the NA of his Bn's readiness and commitment in the fight against insurgency and promised that the Motor Bikes will be deployed as appropriate to chase the terrorists out of their enclaves and neutralised them as well.

Highlight of the ceremony include commissioning of the Special Motor Cycle Section and Demonstrations by troops of 117 Task Force Battalion to the admiration of the Brigade Commander and his staff Officers.

Present at the occasion were the
Chief of Staff and other Principal Staff Officers of the Brigade.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your news media.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

ADO ISA
Colonel
Deputy Director Public Relations
7 DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:47am On Jan 04, 2019
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:08am On Jan 04, 2019
Pilot in Command who died in the Air Force plane crash got married 3 weeks ago

https://www.legit.ng/1213297-pilot-command-died-air-force-plane-crash-fighting-boko-haram-married-3-weeks-ago.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.