Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025494 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by invincible007(m): 10:01am On Jan 04, 2019
prolog2:
being an illiterate doesn't make one intelligent nor rugged. Being educated guaranties you can execute some mental gymnastics and it doesn't make you soft at all.
I think the main problem lies in the training doctrine. Even if a PHd holder passes through depot, he will start thinking like animal which is depot training standard.
So I don't think Bsc/BA is 100% = to being educated as it concerns some Nigerian graduate.
If you see an SSCE holder who is SHARP and a patroitic fast learner, take him, with the right training I think performance will be A+

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14AI: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2019
bidexiii:
"Take The War To Their Enclaves And Flush Out The Remnants Of The Boko Haram Terrorists"....COAS Charge Troops Of Operation Lafiya Dole.

In line with the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai's directive to troops of Operation Lafiya Dole to take the war to their enclaves and flush out the remnants of the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs), the Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division Nigerian Army and Commander Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole Brigadier General Abdulmalik Bulama Biu charged troops under command to redouble their effort with renewed vigour, gallantry and doggedness in the fight against insurgency and terrorism in the Theatre.

Towards achieving this, the Commander 28 Task Force Brigade Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole, Brigadier General Mohammed Usman charged troops of 117 Task Force Battalion (Bn) to be proactive and committed in the fight against insurgency while commissioning the Bn's Quick Response Group (QRG) Special Motor Cycle Section recently in Chibok.

General Usman stated that the motor bikes will certainly boost the fighting capacity and morale of the troops in the fight against Boko Harram Terrorists and Insurgency within the theatre of Operation Lafiya Dole especially around the Chibok general area. He emphasized that with the creation of the Special Motor Cycle Section it will enable the troops to chase the terrorist completely out of their enclaves.

He further urged the troops to intensify the conduct of clearance and confidence building patrol within their Area of Responsibility which include Mbalala, Peyeso, Gatamarwa, Gogomdi, Shawa and Kwada amongst others in order to deny the insurgents freedom of movements and operations.

Receiving the Motor Bikes on behalf of the Bn, the Commanding Officer (CO), Lieutenant Colonel Abdulrahaman Bello commended the effort of the Nigerian Army (NA) especially the Chief of Army Staff(COAS) for approving the creation of the outfit which has no doubt boosted the fighting spirit of his troops.

Colonel Bello assured the Leadership of the NA of his Bn's readiness and commitment in the fight against insurgency and promised that the Motor Bikes will be deployed as appropriate to chase the terrorists out of their enclaves and neutralised them as well.

Highlight of the ceremony include commissioning of the Special Motor Cycle Section and Demonstrations by troops of 117 Task Force Battalion to the admiration of the Brigade Commander and his staff Officers.

Present at the occasion were the
Chief of Staff and other Principal Staff Officers of the Brigade.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your news media.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

ADO ISA
Colonel
Deputy Director Public Relations
7 DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY
Just take a look at this public display of mediocrity

1 billion dollars was just released last year to fight insurgency, here we are cutting ribbons to celebrate the acquisition of commercial driven motorbikes in 2019.

Nigeria has sunk.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 10:20am On Jan 04, 2019
M14AI:

1 billion dollars was just released last year to fight insurgency, here we are cutting ribbons to celebrate the acquisition of commercial driven motorbikes in 2019.

Nigeria has sunk.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 04, 2019
M14AI:

Nigeria has sunk.
The mediocrity is just unbelievable!!

How far can we sink further..... You ask?

.......A commander somewhere Say's hold my beer/walking stick.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2019
The guy just got married two weeks ago...His sister is my friend....It is well

ugo4u:

Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!? I'm in shock currently, I swear I know those pilots personally. Kiliyofas and Jacob graduated from IHFS in 2014, I still have a pic we both took together. God this guy was one of the brightest students then... Oh!!! my God.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2019
It is not stupid talk..It is fact.....Is it when we loose the NE to these infidels that we would do the needful Buratai as far as i am concerned is the worst Service Chief we have had this millenium...He HAS TO GO!!!! We need to get Eeben and his crew back to stay for at least 6-10 months

SternProphet:

If you continue with stupid talk of mercenaries we will insult you. Please be warned.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:29am On Jan 04, 2019
kenpaul0:
It is not stupid talk..It is fact.....Is it when we loose the NE to these infidels that we would do the needful Buratai as far as i am concerned is the worst Service Chief we have had this millenium...He HAS TO GO!!!! We need to get Eeben and his crew back to stay for at least 6-10 months

Please who is this Eeben and his crew i always hear about here? Are they the Private Military Contractors? Please the Government should bring them back if it is the only way to salvage the Northeast crises from the AOGs

Reporting live from Monguno smiley

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Please who is this Eeben and his crew i always hear about here? Are they the Private Military Contractors? Please the Government should bring them back if it is the only way to salvage the Northeast crises from the AOGs

Reporting live from Monguno smiley

This is stupid suggestion.
Eeben cannot stop Boko Haram and he himself has said so. You need to think hard about issues before making childish suggestions.
First of all, there are solutions that are worse than the problem - nobody can pay someone to sleep with his wife for instance. You can, i suppose from this stupid idea you are espousing. Some of upu guys have been brought up with trader mentality, you think money buys everything. That is dumb and believe me it's a serious limitation on your life.

Eeben cannot stop ISWAP/Boko Haram. He himself is above 60 and has been realistic and honest about what his PMC does. He is not as duncey has some of you posting without thinking. He has mostly suggested TRAINING contracts with MOD. Since then our Army, Navy and Air force personnel have gotten cheaper more effective training from US, UK, Germany, Russia and Pakistan. There is nothing Eeben Barlow will bring.
What we need is discipline and professionalism in the field at FOBs. We need skilled majors, colonels and Brigadiers who are aware of their environment and can call on resources when they know ISWAP is planning something.
Boko Haram/ISWAP motivation is ideological, religious, tenacious.
Only Nigerians will fight them, expel them from Nigeria and do so for the 50 years or more that we require to prevent them coming up again.

By then, Eeben Barlow would have died and his company maybe liquidated then. It is a threat that will last decades.
In case you are so ignorant that You think it will end with weapins and tactics alone. IT WON'T.
ISIS is not dead. They moved from Syria to Afghanistan and Libya and they are coming south to Nigeria.

You don't fight a battle or two battles and say you have lost the war and start begging some old S.African to help you OR you win some battles and relax like the stupid Buratai and his team did.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2019
SternProphet:

Eeben cannot stop Boko Haram and he himself has said so. You need to think hard about issues before making childish suggestions.
First of all, there are solutions that are worse than the problem - nobody can pay someone to sleep with his wife for instance. You can, i suppose from this stupid idea you are espousing. Some of upu guys have been brought up with trader mentality, you think money buys everything. That is dumb and believe me it's a serious limitation on your life.

Eeben cannot stop ISWAP/Boko Haram. He himself is above 60 and has been realistic and honest about what his PMC does. He is not as duncey has some of you posting without thinking. He has mostly suggested TRAINING contracts with MOD. Since then our Army, Navy and Air force personnel have gotten cheaper more effective training from US, UK, Germany, Russia and Pakistan. There is nothing Eeben Barlow will bring.
What we need is discipline and professionalism in the field at FOBs. We need skilled majors, colonels and Brigadiers who are aware of their environment and can call on resources when they know ISWAP is planning something.
Only Nigerians will fight them, expel them from Nigeria and do so for the 50 years or more that we require to prevent them coming up again.

By then, Eeben Barlow would have died and his company maybe liquidated then. It is a threat that will last decades.
In case you are so ignorant that You think it will end with weapins and tactics alone. IT WON'T.
ISIS is not dead. They moved from Syria to Afghanistan and Libya and they are coming south to Nigeria.

You don't fight a battle or two battles and say you have lost the war and start begging some old S.African to help you OR you win some battles and relax like the stupid Buratai and his team did.

First of all, do try to make your points without the unnecessary insults. You are making very concrete sense, but your insults cheapens the message.

Now, I agree with your analogy that you can't pay another person to sleep with your wife. The highest you can do is to pay the person to teach you how to sleep with your wife, and that is what the NA should do if they decide to hire mercenaries. Mercenaries shouldn't be hired to fight the war, they can however be hired to train our troops.Barlow's STTEP is very skilled and experienced when it comes to COIN/CT due to their knowledge of Bush War tactics. We can learn from them on that front. They have trained our men before, and the unit they trained did very well during the 6 weeks offensive.

On the issue of ISWAP lasting for decades, I disagree with you on that. The dynamics that obtains in the middle east is different from what obtains in Nigeria. It is the ineptitude and unseriousness of our government and military brass from the inception that made this issue fester to what it is today. Right from Obasanjo who foolishly weakened the military, to Buhari who allowed himself to be lulled into a false sense of security. With concerted efforts from the armed forces, I believe this issue of terrorism and its root ideology, which is radical Islam, can be uprooted within a period of 2-3 years.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBloodAxe: 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
[s]
SternProphet:

[/s]

What has paying a man to sleep with your wife context got to do with fighting and defeating insurgency once and for all in the NE? Its very dvmb of u to try to make comparisms in situations that don't rhyme together. Am starting to think you're a bokoharam sympathiser who feels comfortable with the status quo and doesn't want progress in this counter insurgency war. You should learn to be mute and let people who sincerely care about the sorry situation in the NE drop their 2cents. Goodbye!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2019
EVarn:

First of all, do try to make your points without the unnecessary insults. You are making very concrete sense, but your insults cheapens the message.

Now, I agree with your analogy that you can't pay another person to sleep with your wife. The highest you can do is to pay the person to teach you how to sleep with your wife, and that is what the NA should do if they decide to hire mercenaries. Mercenaries shouldn't be hired to fight the war, they can however be hired to train our troops.Barlow's STTEP is very skilled and experienced when it comes to COIN/CT due to their knowledge of Bush War tactics. We can learn from them on that front. They have trained our men before, and the unit they trained did very well during the 6 weeks offensive.

On the issue of ISWAP lasting for decades, I disagree with you on that. The dynamics that obtains in the middle east is different from what obtains in Nigeria. It is the ineptitude and unseriousness of our government and military brass from the inception that made this issue fester to what it is today. Right from Obasanjo who foolishly weakened the military, to Buhari who allowed himself to be lulled into a false sense of security. With concerted efforts from the armed forces, I believe this issue of terrorism and its root ideology, which is radical Islam, can be uprooted within a period of 2-3 years.

I won't apologise for being harsh. It is insulting to my country for someone to suggest I should bring a S. African to fight my war.

Not even the S. African Army,... a S.African PMC.
The other day under GEJ you sent an aircraft with cash to buy arms and they messed you up.
Is it a curse on you guys?

The suggestion calls into question the nature of education and political orientation that this generation was brought up on. A white S. African owned PMC fighting misguided radical Islamic insurgents for you a few decades after you helped to liberate the continent from apartheid?. Why don't you kuku admit that the black man is actually inferior?.
Nonsense.

A little problem in the field, a little complication and they start with wild ideas. All based on the premises that we are not capable and there is only one solution - throw money at the problem. Get a white man to do the job that discipline, diligence and professionalism will. RUBBISH.

Nigeria has been asking for help but through . Mostly training and weapon supplies.
Most times training, the country will contract out the job to a PMC. This is much preferred to contracting fighting to a PMC.
I have asked on many fora; how do you cost the fighting contract ?
Is it lump sum - if you capture Baga, I will give you $20m or is it unit rate - I will give you $5k for every terrorist killed or is it hire rate - I will pay $30k per day for every helicopter, $500 per rifle. How do you do it?
They will CHEAT your dumb ass and the NA generals signing the invoice will become billionaires and because of that the conflict will not end.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2019
Whenever someone is quick to say others are dunce that fellow is usually an empty barrel!!!! I quote you "Eeben cannot stop ISWAP/Boko Haram. He himself is above 60 and has been realistic and honest about what his PMC does. He is not as duncey has some of you posting without thinking. He has mostly suggested TRAINING contracts with MOD. Since then our Army, Navy and Air force personnel have gotten cheaper more effective training from US, UK, Germany, Russia and Pakistan."...If the training was that effective do you think that we would be in this situation? Go back and do some research on what Eeben did and stop showing your ignorance to the public...Our call for Eeeben is not for him to come and fight....When u do your research and get properly educated on what Eeben did u can then come back for further discussion...until then go and get filled up

SternProphet:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2019
EricBloodAxe:

What has paying a man to sleep with your wife context got to do with fighting and defeating insurgency once and for all in the NE? Its very dvmb of u to try to make comparisms in situations that don't rhyme together. Am starting to think you're a bokoharam sympathiser who feels comfortable with the status quo and doesn't want progress in this counter insurgency war. You should learn to be mute and let people who sincerely care about the sorry situation in the NE drop their 2cents. Goodbye!

Did you type "once and for all"?
I am really getting worried about my countrymen. You guys don't get it. I just estimated 50 years and there will be more. ISWAP is religious based. There will be many that are nationalism based like Fulani herdsmen or ND. There will be some that are organized crime based like they have in S. America.
Whatever the tyoe and complexion of the insurgents, fighting COIN wars within borders is a new type of capability national armies have to develop and it is not by inviting foreign private companies to do the job.
You sit down, you do threat assessment, you train and equip against those threats.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2019
EVarn:

We don't even need Barlow and co to train N.A.... we have experienced unit that could guide our troops, the fact of the matter is that our commanders are not paying attention to the enemy, and even if they are they ain't looking for solutions...just sitting and shaking hands.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2019
I truly hope you understand that Education isn't the only measure of intelligence, there are people who are pretty smart and never went to college.
Education doesn't always = being intelligent
It all depends on what capacity that person will be used in, some only require training and not your regular high school to University kind of education, and they will do great, there are people without formal education who can take complicated machines apart and put them back together, even a so called genius that has no experience in such line of work won't be able to make head or tail of it.
Not everything requires a degree, and that doesn't make a person intelligent either.
And why are some of you guys always insulting one another? Can't you all make your points without insults? This is weird

prolog2:
being an illiterate doesn't make one intelligent nor rugged. Being educated guaranties you can execute some mental gymnastics and it doesn't make you soft at all.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Sizzorkay:
I truly hope you understand that Education isn't the only measure of intelligence, there are people who are pretty smart and never went to college.
Education doesn't always = being intelligent
It all depends on what capacity that person will be used in, some only require training and not your regular high school to University kind of education, and they will do great, there are people without formal education who can take complicated machines apart and put them back together, even a so called genius that has no experience in such line of work won't be able to make head or tail of it.
Not everything requires a degree, and that doesn't make a person intelligent either.
And why are some of you guys always insulting one another? Can't you all make your points without insults? This is weird

It seems your idea of intelligence is: productivity in the work place. My own definition is: the ability to solve abstract and complicated problems, the ability to modelise problems and situations. The ability to work towards a solution for a very difficult problem, the ability to innovate. The degree says you have been tested on these Fields and you are capable. As for the insults I am not responsable for the behaviours of others. Now it's music time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w0X1bSrUHs
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2019
kenpaul0:

In all honesty l do not know and don't think that's the issue.

The NA may or not be well trained but irrespective of training, education these components will amount to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the WRONG ATTITUDE.

There is an inherent attitude amongst our armed forces that isn't totally distinct from every day attitudes, mannerisms, norms and values that we have in Nigeria.

There are many here, if not the majority of people here who must have been to airports across the globe particularly for me in Western countries. I am sure you would Notice the alertness, discipline ( let's not talk about equipment) and professionalism of the police and other security forces in these airports. You can see the SERIOUSNESS with which they carry out thier duty of airport security.

Now go to our airports, l can not count how many times l have seen our armed forces on guard sleeping on duty. Having a very lackadaisical approach to what is very serious assignment. Gisting away even watching TV, etc. If you go to the hangar section, you may find some of them making food to eat.

My cousin works for the UN and on one particular assignment in CAR. The Seleca militants decided to attack thier facility was supposed to be guarded by Congolese soldiers. At the inception of the attack the Congolese soldiers were intoxicated and with zero situational awareness. Running around like headless chicken shooting with no direction.

It was a group of 6/7 French soldiers that took the entire situation under control, after engaging the rebels.

I have watched too many YouTube of our armed forces video to see huge issues with communication infrastructure, logistics, forward base defensive lay out, etc, etc. However, as bad as this is the biggest problem is ATTITUDE.

How have we got to this position, l really don't know. It seems like many things in the Nigerian public sector. There is regression and the armed forces have not been exempt.

Solutions it starts from leadership, political and otherwise. Corruption is not far away from a lot of the issues.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Oldies... Zaire Air Force (Formed Congo) C-130 cargo planes

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ghana Air Force Mi17 very capable helicopter!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2019
No worries chief, i was referring to the other guys always throwing insults around when they disagree with someone else opinion.
And yea, i disagree with your def of who is intelligent or what constitutes being intelligent.
Enjoy the music grin grin

prolog2:
It seems your idea of intelligence is: productivity in the work place. My own definition is: the ability to solve abstract and complicated problems, the ability to modelise problems and situations. The ability to work towards a solution for a very difficult problem, the ability to innovate. The degree says you have been tested on these Fields and you are capable. As for the insults I am not responsable for the behaviours of others. Now it's music time:
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
Senegalese army in Mali, look at how well armed and kitted they are they look professional and I trust they have competent training as well

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Senegalese army in Mali, look at how well armed and kitted they are they look professional and I trust they have competent training as well

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ghanaian army mechanized infantry/ armored ?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
Cameroon BIR special forces operations in the southern region to counter separatists

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Cameroon BIR special forces operations in the southern region to counter separatists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Roadblocks set up by indigenous people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
.captured weapons”

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBloodAxe: 10:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
[s]
SternProphet:

Did you type "once and for all"?
I am really getting worried about my countrymen. You guys don't get it. I just estimated 50 years and there will be more. ISWAP is religious based. There will be many that are nationalism based like Fulani herdsmen or ND. There will be some that are organized crime based like they have in S. America.
Whatever the tyoe and complexion of the insurgents, fighting COIN wars within borders is a new type of capability national armies have to develop and it is not by inviting foreign private companies to do the job.
You sit down, you do threat assessment, you train and equip against those threats.
[/s]

No doubt. Terrorism doesn't fly out the window just like that but we can use Iraq as a case study. After Isis laid waste to a lot of Iraqi platforms and massacred their army in early 2014 it's safe to say that the iraqi government sought external mercenaries and in this case the US and Britain to help keep Isis at bay using airstrikes and contract mercenaries like blackwater worldwide. These activities went on while the Iraqi forces was building a formidable army under western training and support. We all know the outcome of the battle at mosul and fallujah which until western mercenaries intervened were Isis strongholds. Boy we need to stop sacrificing our gallent men to these insurgents. Let people who know the game step in and tutor our army while doing the job. Enough of the unwarranted losses and deaths. EOD!

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2019
komekn:

In all honesty l do not know and don't think that's the issue.

The NA may or not be well trained but irrespective of training, education these components will amount to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the WRONG ATTITUDE.

There is an inherent attitude amongst our armed forces that isn't totally distinct from every day attitudes, mannerisms, norms and values that we have in Nigeria.

There are many here, if not the majority of people here who must have been to airports across the globe particularly for me in Western countries. I am sure you would Notice the alertness, discipline ( let's not talk about equipment) and professionalism of the police and other security forces in these airports. You can see the SERIOUSNESS with which they carry out thier duty of airport security.

Now go to our airports, l can not count how many times l have seen our armed forces on guard sleeping on duty. Having a very lackadaisical approach to what is very serious assignment. Gisting away even watching TV, etc. If you go to the hangar section, you may find some of them making food to eat.

My cousin works for the UN and on one particular assignment in CAR. The Seleca militants decided to attack thier facility was supposed to be guarded by Congolese soldiers. At the inception of the attack the Congolese soldiers were intoxicated and with zero situational awareness. Running around like headless chicken shooting with no direction.

It was a group of 6/7 French soldiers that took the entire situation under control, after engaging the rebels.

I have watched too many YouTube of our armed forces video to see huge issues with communication infrastructure, logistics, forward base defensive lay out, etc, etc. However, as bad as this is the biggest problem is ATTITUDE.

How have we got to this position, l really don't know. It seems like many things in the Nigerian public sector. There is regression and the armed forces have not been exempt.

Solutions it starts from leadership, political and otherwise. Corruption is not far away from a lot of the issues.

Let me give an example that butresses your point.
The point being that we are a country with serious attitude issues and young people under 45 are currently the worst in this area. You saw the video on social media of the soldier in slippers, carrying a modern rifle, with colleagues carrying modern gear but boasting that they ran away because Boko Haram came with more sophisticated weapons?. Meanwhile Boko Haram came to steal their unit's own more sophisticated weapons and actually succeeded carting away field guns, MRAPs and a Shilka ..all these were subsequently destroyed by NAF from the air but the example illustrates that today's youth are just full of shit.

That's not even my point. I had a look at the 2019 defence budget with paper and pencil comparing with 2017 and 2018 budgets. VERY ANNOYING!!!
I saw MOD units buying brand new cars every budget year. There is an MOD R & D arm spending more on cars, office furnishings and comfort items than the equipment and software they need to develop new stuff that would actually be impactful in the North East. Meanwhile there seems no sense of urgency on those projects looking at the budget votes in that document.
The crazy expenditure on brand new Peugeot vehicles every year is the most hard to understand. Do we understand that cars are capital items only fully depreciated over 4 to 5 years years?.
Why must every Nigerian MOD department buy cars every year while we are struggling to source funds for MRAPs and IFVs for soldiers?.
Almost every weapon system, aircraft, military vehicle that will make a difference to the war is underfunded while questionable barracks construction is taking all the capital expenditure money.

The Navy and NAF seem to have a more well thought out development plan and professional procurement system but the Nigerian Army seems arbitrary, chaotic, planless and in need of modern defence management processes and tools.
Army aviation has been on the cards for more than 8 years but they are just paying second instalment for three small choppers. Meanwhile the exact nature and quantity of procurement they are doing from the ECA is shrouded in mystery.
It is SAD. All this is in the attitude space. Nothing else.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2019
well, at least the military has achieved a feat in curtailing suicide bombings. The doing must have involved much expertise on the army's part for the blowing up of oneself in crowds, buildings, transport systems is such low tech and the reward in furthering the terrorists aim so devastatingly effective, Boko/ISAWP must surly plot it day and night in spite of the latter’s protestation that they now only mean to target the army.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:39am On Jan 05, 2019
To the guy who compared those Senegalese Troops to ours, in terms of how they were well kitted, one thing i do notice though, is that African soldiers kit well and behave well while under UN missions, same goes for Nigerian troops and police officers, I mean, we 've seen their pics as well, but yes i do get the point the man was trying to make

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.