Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3014366 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 05, 2019
Sizzorkay:
To the guy who compared those Senegalese Troops to ours, in terms of how they were well kitted, one thing i do notice though, is that African soldiers kit well and behave well while under UN missions, same goes for Nigerian troops and police officers, I mean, we 've seen their pics as well, but yes i do get the point the man was trying to make
Heheh You don’t know how to quote my post or mention my moniker ? Anyways Senegalese soldiers are always well knitted and look professional, Un missions or not.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:48am On Jan 05, 2019
Haha, because i was too lazy to scroll back lol, sorry Chief, and i knew the name, just not the spelling, so didn't wanna blow it grin grin
And yes you are right, but which unit are they that we are seeing? There are certain units in NA that kit just as same, so might depend on numbers, as in how many of those Senegalese troops were deployed, and are they specialized units
jakeporeshenko:

Heheh You don’t know how to quote my post or mention my moniker ? Anyways Senegalese soldiers are always well knitted and look professional, Un missions or not.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:30am On Jan 05, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Cameroon BIR special forces operations in the southern region to counter separatists

You've made my day with these lovely pictures.. kiss

I'D on that sniper ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:33am On Jan 05, 2019
[quote author=jakeporeshenko post=74457626][/quote]

That's a laser designator on that tarvor, 1st picture. Nice wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:36am On Jan 05, 2019
#NAF
#C130 COCKPIT

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:37am On Jan 05, 2019
#NAF BASE

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:44am On Jan 05, 2019
See that NAF base, why so much vegetation, they really should cut those trees down and have clear line of sight, then again, what do i know, before you know it boko don sneak reach gate undecided

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 05, 2019
Sizzorkay:
See that NAF base, why so much vegetation, they really should cut those trees down and have clear line of sight, then again, what do i know, before you know it boko don sneak reach gate undecided
This is Tactical air command Markurdi, Boko boys aren’t anywhere close to this base.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:57am On Jan 05, 2019
NAF FLAGS OFF 6-DAY MEDICAL OUTREACH IN AGATU BENUE STATE

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has flagged off a 6-day Medical Outreach in Agatu of Benue State. The outreach, which commenced today, 4 January 2019, is part of the efforts of the Service to enhance civil-military relations with the host communities of NAF Bases across the country.

Speaking during the occasion, the Air Officer Commanding (AOC) Tactical Air Command (TAC), NAF Makurdi, Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao, who was represented by the Command Operations Officer, Air Commodore Usman Abdullahi, stated that the conduct of the medical outreach was in fulfillment of the promise made by the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, when he activated and formally inaugurated the NAF 21 Quick Response Wing (21 QRW) Agatu on 19 October 2018. According to him, the CAS had promised that he would direct the Chief of Medical Services Headquarters NAF, Abuja to organize a medical outreach to take care of medical needs of the Agatu community. The Representative of the AOC informed the gathering that during the course of the outreach, medical consultation, drugs, laboratory investigations, visual acuity checks and eye surgeries, treated mosquitoes nets as well as medicated eye glasses, among others, would be provided free of charge to the beneficiaries. He also hinted that critical cases would be referred to the 161 NAF Hospital Makurdi.

Speaking earlier, the Director of Public Health and Humanitarian Services Headquarters NAF Abuja, Group Captain Azubuike Chukwuka, noted that about 4,000 patients are being targeted to recieve medical intervention during the 6-day outreach. The first day of the outreach, which witnessed a large turnout of residents, had the representative of the Chairperson of Agatu Local Government Area (LGA), Honourable Comfort Echida, Comrade Stephen James, as well as the traditional ruler of Agatu, Chief Dr Godwin Ngbede Onah, in attendance.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 05, 2019
bidexiii:
#NAF
#C130 COCKPIT
Buffalos ! NAF is so inspiring these days, just 3.5 years of good leadership and transformation, imagine 20 years and adequate funding.

What’s that wheel his left hand is on ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2019
bidexiii:

You've made my day with these lovely pictures.. kiss

I'D on that sniper ?
I’m not good at identifying small arms, it’s one of those bolt action anti material rifles from eastern block countries like Serbia, ask henry.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Cameroon BIR special forces operations in the southern region to counter separatists

These Cameroonian BIR forces field all calibre of Assault Rifles the arms industry can offer. Could there be a catch to this?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2019
persius555:

Yeah. Nailed it. Each time our soldiers mention BH making use of sophisticated weapons, they simply referred to the effective use of the technical AA trucks. Aside from the GPMGs and RPGs a few of the boko haram use in their numerous attacks, no other so-called sophisticated guns have been spotted with them.
They have mastered the art of manouvering behind these technicals and the only way to effectively counter these is to have massive deployment of superior air machines like the MI-35s in large numbers.

The ratio of 3 MI-35s to 1 A-Jet in close air support for ground troops will certainly help restore confidence. One of the costly implications of not developing a modern armed forces for donkey years is what we are witnessing as it is.
absolutely right
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

Buffalos ! NAF is so inspiring these days, just 3.5 years of good leadership and transformation, imagine 20 years and adequate funding.

What’s that wheel his left hand is on ?

Honestly.... sad

If we can get such leadership in our other security arms. kiss
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2019
To me, Nigeria soldiers look better, comparatively, than the soldiers from the other African nations posted. Weather it be when well kitted or in casual mode. They are also better looking people. This does not however mean that Nigeria shouldn’t spend more money on kiting them to NATO standards if possible

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

This is Tactical air command Markurdi, Boko boys aren’t anywhere close to this base.
Furthermore those bushes are patrolled aggressively by Regt
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
bidexiii:
#NAF
#C130 COCKPIT
damn!!! look at that monstrous tiller, even that of a B777 ain't that big.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
Litmus:
To me, Nigeria soldiers look better, comparatively, than the soldiers from the other African nations posted. Weather it be when well kitted or in casual mode. They are also better looking people. This does not however mean that Nigeria shouldn’t spend more money on kiting them to NATO standards if possible
What African countries?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by HORRORIZON: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2019
Litmus:

Lol. Joke of the century. #Jokester.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
Henry240:

What African countries?

West, Central and East Africa. The North Africans are no doubt better in a formal, all round, military sense.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
HORRORIZON:

Lol. Joke of the century. #Jokester.

What, you regularly laugh at the personal views of others?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by HORRORIZON: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2019
The US military has deployed soldiers to Gabon amid fears of violent protests in neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo after its presidential election.

US President Donald Trump told Congress on Friday that the first of about 80 troops arrived in Gabon on Wednesday to protect US citizens and diplomatic facilities should violence break out in DRC’s capital Kinshasa

Voters in Congo went to the polls on December 30, two years after they were first scheduled to be held, to elect the successor to President Joseph Kabila, who has been in power for 18 years.
“The first of these personnel arrived in Gabon on January 2, 2019, with appropriate combat equipment and supported by military aircraft,” Trump’s letter to Congress read.“Additional forces may deploy to Gabon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, or the
Republic of the Congo, if necessary for these purposes.”

“These deployed personnel will remain in the region until the security situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo becomes such that their presence is no longer needed,” the letter continued.

Congo’s electoral commission is scheduled to release the provisional results of the presidential election on Sunday, but it has said there could be delays because of the slow arrival of tally sheets.

https://www.today.ng/news/africa/deploys-troops-gabon-amid-fears-unrest-congo-184785

They'll be in a neighborhood near Nigeria next month, come election time, guaranteed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
Litmus:

West, Central and East Africa. The North Africans are no doubt better in a formal, all round, military sense.
JUST LOOK AT PICS FROM THE BIR
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
Which was why i talk about numbers, the BIR is a specialized unit, Nigeria have same and are well kitted and organized.
The point is the overall formation, what's it called, Infantry i guess, are they kitted as BIR? speaking of Cameroon for example, probably not, same way NA's own aren't as well kitted as specialized units within the NA or Navy
Its super easy to kit up a few hundred soldiers, when you have to do the same for 100,000, then let's see how they do it
fabselad:

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
fabselad:

For me, the Nigeria Navy SBS commandos gear (pic) are at least as good and sit better on the Nigerian.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4562983_cugrctawaaa9xe_jpegf81b9477cd6894a077974984da31da35

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
Right? That's a perfect example, we so quick to put our own folks down aren't we? oh well
Litmus:

For me, the Nigeria Navy SBS commandos gear (pic) are at least as good and sit better on the Nigerian.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4562983_cugrctawaaa9xe_jpegf81b9477cd6894a077974984da31da35

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
PHOTO NEWS:

The Air Officer Commanding Tactical Air Command (AOC TAC), Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao, at 115 Special Operations Group (115 SOG) Port Harcourt yesterday, 4 January 19, paid condolence visits to the families of late Flight Lieutenant Perowei Jacob, Sergeant Auwal Ibrahim and Lance Corporal Adamu Nura, crew members of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Helicopter that crashed at Damasak, Borno State on 2 January 2019. The AOC TAC was accompanied on the visit by the Commander 115 SOG, Air Commodore Elijah Ebiowe, along with other senior officers and members of the Nigerian Air Force Officers’ Wives Association (NAFOWA). He was also joined by the General Officer Commanding 6 Division Nigerian Army, Major General J Sarham, who had earlier paid him a condolence visit.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
#NAF MI35M

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Cannonleo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2019
EVarn:

Nothing wrong with bringing in mercenaries to train specialized units of the army. I think STTEP trained a special taskforce in 2014, that unit was very crucial to the famous 6 weeks offensive. I think they used South African made Reva MRAPs and were very feared. We haven't heard of them these past years.

We can replicate that on a more massive scale, what these guys need is proper training. Bring in the mercenaries, let them train for 8 months and then equip them, we will see results. But allowing mercenaries fight is what may not go down well with people,especially since this government wasn't in support of it when it was introduced. They will certainly be reluctant to call in mercenaries.
72 Mobile Strike Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2019
Cannonleo:
72 Mobile Strike Force
Yes, that unit was very effective. Fearsome with those weaponized Revas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.