Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028178 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
Odunayaw:
Presently the Army is trying to look good whenever the opportunity presents itself

I am a realistic guy, not a look good guy......i think any CO should be like me at a war front......drilling starts , especially at night
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
NA personnel training in an Egyptian military facility

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Krak(m): 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Stephandeswardt:

Samething i thought, they are guaging the response they would get , before uù major attack, instead of celebrating, if i was a CO, I would be running drills, on how to bait the BHT into designated kill zones for my heavy equipments.......something bigger is coming, unless the bulk of BHT are engaged in major clashes with the military elsewhere

They are either probing attacks or feints. Our military should have been experienced enough to be proactive in this fight. They should have learned so much about how the enemy thinks and operates.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
#NA
#COIN

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2019
Armed members of Kenyan police squad storm Nairobi hotel after attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBgML6zTLZE
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
Odunayaw:
Probing attacks

The only upside we can get from base defence engagement is that we can force the terrorists to lose men (infact I prefer giving them injuries than killing them so they become liabilities).
Those are most likely Shekau faction.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
Xbee007:
Those are most likely Shekau faction.
Yeah.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
Off topic

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
bidexiii:

Expect to see our guys in Egyptian camo and patches in the coming months in the north east
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
Fynline:

Expect to see our guys in Egyptian camo and patches in the coming months in the north east

No I don't think so........ grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
Me think that as BH has recently been on the offensive and it's election season, this God forsaken bastards might attempt to hit a major city with a bomb. I hope the intelligence services are up and proactive.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mali: Helicopter crush today at Kati. Video via @WalidAg_M

https://twitter.com/rmaghrebi/status/1086634400199180288?s=19
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2019
#Libya- interesting #TPF photos from recent fighting in #Tripoli, starting with a very rare sighting of a STREIT Group Spartan, which despite being delivered in 2014 in violation of UN embargo, were rarely seen in recent years:
https:///nW39gylGRW https:///c65iqXg6j5

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2019
It’s hard to come by pictures of this NA unit on the internet, who can help me name them grin?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 12:11am On Jan 22, 2019
Stephandeswardt:

But why the reduction in the manpower and equipment of the recent manpower attacks? We have seem Bh come with as many 10 technicals with AAA guns and hundreds of foot soldiers......these numbers are fewer than they would normally be.
Like others have alluded to, this is a classic probing attack. They will come back with 20 or so technicals. The base needs to either reinforce its defences or completely change it to something more mobile. The fact that it worked today doesnt mean it will work next time.
I'm praying they learn from experience.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 7:13am On Jan 22, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
It’s hard to come by pictures of this NA unit on the internet, who can help me name them grin?

NA SF Brigade
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 7:14am On Jan 22, 2019
bidexiii:

Sweet.

All-African training...........zero white man physical presence
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 7:14am On Jan 22, 2019
Fynline:

Patches yes, camo highly doubt it
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:07am On Jan 22, 2019
#NA

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2019
bidexiii:
#NA
Nice Shots, taken close to Leventis roundabout kaduna @ about 1300hrs..

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
bidexiii:
#NA
What NA battalion has this rifle ? I’ve seen these guys before boarding a C-130 herc

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
AFSF BN

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

What NA battalion has this rifle ? I’ve seen these guys before boarding a C-130 herc

Most of these guys are in kaduna and other troubled northern states. I don't know there battalion .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
AFSF Bn

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
NAF ghosts

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ivory cleats has placed an order for a single C-295 cargo variant.

NAF expressed interest in these planes in 2016 but I guess budget constraints and prioritization of attack platforms has slowed that down.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
AHSG cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
AIRCRAFT REACTIVATION: CAS INSPECTS ONGOING IN-COUNTRY PERIODIC DEPOT MAINTENANCE ON 3 ALPHA JET AIRCRAFT, OTHER PROJECTS IN KAINJI

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, today, 22 January 2019, undertook an inspection visit to 407 Air Combat Training Group (407 ACTG) Kainji to assess progress of the ongoing in-country Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) on 3 Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Alpha Jet aircraft. The CAS, who was accompanied by other senior officers from Headquarters (HQ) NAF, was received on arrival in Kainji by the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command (AOC ATC), Air Vice Marshal Mohammed Suleiman, and briefed on the progress of work by the Commanding Officer 16 Logistics Wing (CO 16 Log Wg), 407 ACTG, Wing Commander Agyo Haruna, who stated that the team of expatriate and NAF engineers and technicians, working jointly, had so far stripped some of the major component parts of the aircraft and were working to get the job done on schedule. The CAS also inspected ongoing work on the Engine Bay, Aircraft Electrical and Instruments Engineering Workshop as well as the Offices of Hangar Chief and Engine Dock Chief, among others, which were being renovated and upgraded with modern test equipment and new furniture to improve the maintenance capacity of the Wing. While in Kainji, the CAS also inspected the construction work on a block of 18 units of 2-bedroom Married Senior Non Commissioned Officers (SNCOs) Accommodation, as well as other facilities in the Base.

In his remarks after the inspection tour, the CAS expressed satisfaction with the progress of work on the PDM and also commended the Commander 407 ACTG, Squadron Leader Kingsley Igwegbe, and CO Eng Wg for their hard work, commitment and dedication in ensuring steady progress of the job. He emphasized that, apart from hastening the overall timeframe of the maintenance job, the in-country PDM, would allow the NAF engineers and technicians involved in the project to build their capacity to enable them ultimately carry out major aspects of such high level maintenance activities on their own in the future. The CAS therefore urged the personnel to make maximum use of the opportunity to enhance NAF’s self-reliance. Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar noted that completion of the in-country PDM would boost the NAF’s Air Power employment capability by increasing the number of Alpha Jet aircraft available for combat operations in the various Theatres of Conflict. The CAS said HQ NAF, on its part, would continue to do its utmost, to improve the welfare of personnel. “The human being is the most critical factor to the effective and efficient performance of any organization. Hence, we will continue to place premium on addressing the welfare needs of our personnel”, he said. The CAS and members of his team have since returned to Abuja.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
NAF ghosts

You've made my day with these lovely pictures @jake... kiss
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
AFSF Bn

2nd to the right guy....... ;was.in a shot video; where AFSF where loaded in a truck, he was the was saying; " Shekau yaa mutu" in haulage language.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.