Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025798 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2019
The balaclava wearing British SAS Operator at Wednesday's #DusitD2 terror attack in Kenya was armed with a camouflage-painted AR-15/M16/L119A2 rifle with a suppressor and scope, a drop holster with a L131A1 Glock17 pistol, and a Crye Precision Adaptive Vest System.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
Egyptian Police 1903

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
The Egyptians aren't just flying stunted fighters with dated weapons systems as their backbone. Ammunition stocks of the few modern systems they have would not hold up in prolonged combat operations.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
#beautiful
#Amazing picture for a #Tunisian C130J getting ready to take off.
By John Rossino.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tunisia will provide a C130J Super Hercules and 75 officers from the Air Force to support the peacekeeping mission in #Mali.
It is the first time Tunisian Air Force participates in a UN mission.
A Quick Reaction Force (QRF) and a company of MPs are to be deployed as well later.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
Beautiful picture for a #Tunisian soldiers standing guard on one of the hills of Chaambi Mount.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
a #Tunisian F-5E Tiger under light snow.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
#Tunisian Mahari Regiment.
the regiment is part of the Army's desert corps.
It uses camels and specially modified equipment to reach deep in the Sahara were most of vehicles can't.
Patrols for the men of the regiment can take days long and a lot of camping.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tunisia 16th Infantry Regiment in Jandouba governorate,:

M203 grenade launchers on Steyr Augs
M82 anti-materiel sniper Rifle
Steyr SSG 69 Sniper Rifle
M249 light machine gun
Along to with other equipment.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
#Tunisian Army's Special Forces
#GFS regiment .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
a #Tunisian Gazelle helicopter patrolling the southern borders.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
Paid a visit to my OL' G friend who was deployed to North East but came home for aunt's burial.

Mehn things he told me brought shivers down my spine.
It's sad to say this but I have to swallow and shift aside my patriotic stand.. this Boko haram/iswap terrorism is far from finishing..
Could u imagine these guys sent more than 300 informants to recruit in the Nigeria army,after the trainings,they disappeared and sent a later of thanks to the generals for job well done in training them.

This one na minor sef on what he told me cry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
krattoss:
Paid a visit to my OL' G friend who was deployed to North East but came home for aunt's burial.

It's sad to say this but I have to swallow and shift aside my patriotic stand.. this Boko haram/iswap terrorism is far from finishing..
Could u imagine these guys sent more than 300 informants to recruit in the Nigeria army,after the trainings,they disappeared and sent a later of thanks to the generals for job well done in training them.

No verification process before recruitment ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
bidex111:
a #Tunisian Gazelle helicopter patrolling the southern borders.
Oga u don they leave Nigeria fa
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
krattoss:

Something good like this happened to BH and didn't release a video...this story is doubtful

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
nemesis8u:

No verification process before recruitment ?
I wonder
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
Cameroon Air Force

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
The fifth edition of the ShieldAfrica defence exhibition has just closed its doors in Cote d’Ivoire after recording 143 exhibitors from 29 countries.

The event saw more than 3 650 professional visitors and 67 journalists participating in the trade fair, organisers said.

International participants included companies from Bulgaria, Cote d’Ivoire, France, Israel, as well as companies from China, Kazakhstan, Turkey and the United States. Four national pavilions were opened this year: Belarus, Bulgaria, France and South Africa.

This edition also was marked by significant growth in high-level visitor numbers: more than 3,500 professional visitors came to the trade fair including 65 official delegations from 29 countries representing 129 delegates. ShieldAfrica also hosted 9 ministers and deputy ministers, 10 army chiefs of staff and four special representatives of defence ministers, ministers of the interior and five directors general of customs or border protection.

Live demonstrations, with the participation of the Special Forces, Police Research and Assistance Force and the Intervention Unit of the National Gendarmerie of Cote d’Ivoire as well as of the French Special Forces were a real success, highlighting the know-how of these units before many officials, organisers said.

On the eve of the trade fair, an international conference was held on 21 January on the theme of border security. This event brought together institutional and private decision-makers, researchers, industry, and media to identify and to respond to the threats to ensure a more sustainable future of the continent.

The sixth edition of ShieldAfrica will be held from 25 to 28 January 2021

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/industry/shieldafrica-2019-wraps-up-in-cote-divoire/?utm_source=SocialAutoPoster&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

Oga u don they leave Nigeria fa

Of course yeah...... it's an all African affair.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
TROOPS OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE CLEAR BOKO HARAM HIDEOUT IN MAKINTA MELERI

Troops of 7 Division Nigerian Army in Operation LAFIYA DOLE based on credible information today conducted a clearance operation on suspected Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) hideout along Makinta Meleri in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State.

During the operation, the gallant troops neutralised four terrorists and recovered 4 AK-47 Rifles with registration numbers 58012289, 565240898 and 58006027, respectively.

They also recovered 3 Rifle Magazines containing 32 rounds of 7.62mm (Special) ammunition and 3 Bicycles.

While commending their gallantry, the Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division Nigerian Army and Commander Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole, Brig Gen Abdulmalik Bulama Biu told them the Chief of Army Staff is proud of their doggedness and they should sustain the offensive until the BHTs are flushed out and total peace and security restored

We wish to solicit for more information on suspected Boko Haram terrorists hideout.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

ADO ISA
Colonel
Deputy Director
Public Relations
7 Division Nigerian Army

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
‪#HappeningNow The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, delivered a lecture this morning on the topic “Nigerian Air Force Operational Challenges and Future Perspectives” to participants of Course 4 of the Air Force War College Makurdi. ‬

‪The lecture is among a series delivered at the Air Force War College (AFWC) Strategic Leadership Week from 22 - 25 January 2019, with others earlier delivered by the Chiefs of Army and Naval Staff as well as the Chief of Defence Intelligence. ‬

‪The CAS, in his lecture, highlighted the achievements of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) in the past 3 1/2 years in areas of expansion of organizational structure, rapid enhancement of human capacity, improvement in aircraft serviceability and logistics support as well as R&D. The CAS also highlighted some of the operational challenges encountered before enumerating strategies to overcome them and discussing future perspectives. ‬

‪The AFWC was established in 2016 to develop the capacity of senior officers of the rank of Wing Commander and equivalent in the effective employment of Air Power and efficient utilization of Air Power concepts and strategy while preparing them for higher leadership positions‬.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
Photos

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Krak(m): 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
krattoss:

This was the same rumour flying around in 2014 when I was in the North. That was under Jonathans regime.

Exactly word for word.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 26, 2019
Krak:

This was the same rumour flying around in 2014 when I was in the North. That was under Jonathans regime.

Exactly word for word.
he even told me the military has really uped their game.
They now keep beards,mingle with civilians and learning the 3 tribes language is now a compulsory.

Funny and brave thing is he got no fear in him.he once told me "why will I run from war when it's cos of war we re trained for"
That's my longtime friend and he is been in the front lines for long .
Mehn these guys are the real heroes.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:27am On Jan 26, 2019
Perhaps should have kept that to yourself Chief, we don't know how sensitive that info might be
krattoss:
he even told me the military has really uped their game.
They now keep beards,mingle with civilians and learning the 3 tribes language is now a compulsory.

Funny and brave thing is he got no fear in him.he once told me "why will I run from war when it's cos of war we re trained for"
That's my longtime friend and he is been in the front lines for long .
Mehn these guys are the real heroes.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 26, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Perhaps should have kept that to yourself Chief, we don't know how sensitive that info might be
lol.
Wars, Intel's and coverts are not done and gotten on media or faceless forum.
Moreover,they keeping beards is no more a mystery.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS LAUDED FOR DISPLAY OF PROFESSIONALISM IN CONTAINING BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

Troops of 159 Battalion deployed in Sector 2 of Operation LAFIYA DOLE in Geidam , Yobe state, have been lauded for their display of gallantry at containing Boko Haram Terrorists (BHT), who infiltrated the serene town of Geidam on Wednesday, 23rd January 2019, at about 5:30pm, shooting sporadically, thereby creating panic and causing unnecessary apprehension. The Acting Commander Sector 2, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Brigadier General Mohammed Dala, gave the commendation today, during an on the spot assessment visit to Geidam. He commended the troops for their gallantry and deliberate effort in protecting the civil populace in the town, particularly at the Geidam market. He directed the immediate replenishment of the troops' supplies, assuring them that issues of their welfare will always be a top priority.

The BHTs who came to loot foodstuffs and other items, took advantage of the market day in Geidam to infiltrate the town and attacked the military base. The troops displayed a high sense of professionalism by discretely engaging the terrorists with less sophisticated weapons in order to minimize collateral damage with the attendant civilian casualties. Sadly however, the troops, in the process suffered some casualties in vehicles, equipment and personnel.

The Sector Commander seized the opportunity to pay a visit to the Emir of Geidam and afterwards had a meeting with officials of other security agencies, where he sued for their cooperation and synergy in sharing timely information that would enhance the pro-activeness of troops. He further reassured them, that troops will continue to carry out aggressive patrols and offensives to deny Boko Haram and other criminal elements freedom of action.

He further urged the good people of Geidam and Yobe state in general, to go about their lawful businesses, as the troops are committed to the protection of lives and property, as well as working round the clock to forestall any attempt by groups or individuals to cause breakdown of law and order in the state. The Commander however warned, that anyone identified as a BHT collaborator will be arrested and made to face the full wrath of the law.

You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium to the general public.

Thanks for your usual cooperation.

NJOKA IRABOR
Lieutenant
Assistant Director Army Public Relations
Sector 2 Operation LAFIYA DOLE

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2019
krattoss:

Guy, for every gist/news you have to process it first very well before believing it cos In this our country govt, press, military, NGO's can lie at will.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
bidexiii:
PRESS RELEASE
Is that a Vickers I see in picture 1?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
Odunayaw:
Is that a Vickers I see in picture 1?

Yeah

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.