Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025529 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
Whyem15:
You people are talking about influence when our sovereignty is at risk. That base is all that US needs to control our government and resources at will. We should be negotiating with Russia to get reasonable air defense systems right now but those in charge of the government only care about their own pockets. Regime change will become very easy in Africa with that base. We all know how US likes taking 'democracy' to oil rich nations. I wonder why Africans don't learn.
Psychological engineering can't be combated by air defense. Its easier to dismantle Nigeria by using Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
Odunayaw:
Psychological engineering can't be combated by air defense. Its easier to dismantle Nigeria by using Nigerians
Allah you spoke my mind, many Nigerians will be willing to work against Nigeria for free I swear, na IPOB I wan mention abi na militants only the unemployed graduates that litter the country will gladly take up any offer to dismantle the country self. Believe you me if Americans really want to meddle in our affairs not even the combined might of EU and Russia will stop them.

Garba Shehu dey wan hotel for Germany dey threaten EU, UK and US, grin very funny country..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
ugo4u:

Allah you spoke my mind, many Nigerians will be willing to work against Nigeria for free I swear, na IPOB I wan mention abi na militants only the unemployed graduates that litter the country will gladly take up any offer to dismantle the country self. Believe you me if Americans really want to meddle in our affairs not even the combined might of EU and Russia will stop them.
It's as simple as this
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
Does anyone know what the writer below is referring to?

"Examples of some of these gestures include the recent donation of armoured tanks and fighter jets by the Royal Jordanian government to both the Nigeria Army, and the Airforce, respectively.
"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.blueprint.ng/on-buharis-tackling-of-insurgency-corruption/&ved=0ahUKEwjy347CnpHgAhUWSBUIHfF9ArU4FBCpAggeKAEwAQ&usg=AOvVaw2EhNHKpD-ATU5_1npF84Hz
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
Join the Navy and see the world

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Join the Navy and see the world
Nice, the dude in the pic is my very close pal......
Joined the Navy immediately after his Secondary education.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
rka2:
Does anyone know what the writer below is referring to?

"Examples of some of these gestures include the recent donation of armoured tanks and fighter jets by the Royal Jordanian government to both the Nigeria Army, and the Airforce, respectively.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.blueprint.ng/on-buharis-tackling-of-insurgency-corruption/&ved=0ahUKEwjy347CnpHgAhUWSBUIHfF9ArU4FBCpAggeKAEwAQ&usg=AOvVaw2EhNHKpD-ATU5_1npF84Hz
be wary of " Thanksgiving articles " in this election times
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 2:19am On Jan 29, 2019
Tochex101:

Nice, the dude in the pic is my very close pal......
Joined the Navy immediately after his Secondary education.
sub lieutenant Goya spent 5 years in the academy before he was commissioned 2 years ago. Get you fact right bro
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:30am On Jan 29, 2019
#NAF
#COIN

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:32am On Jan 29, 2019
NA training in an Egyptian military facility

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 7:37am On Jan 29, 2019
Odunayaw:
be wary of " Thanksgiving articles " in this election times

Yeah! I was trying to see past that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 7:37am On Jan 29, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:50am On Jan 29, 2019
How air power saved Nigeria's war on terror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAO9oWJai7g

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 11:05am On Jan 29, 2019
Nigerian Army

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
MI-35p Djibouti Air Force

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
MI-35p Djibouti Air Force
what's the difference between this and the mi35-m?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
krattoss:
Electronics, Engine and Gun position

There are companies that can turn the Mi35, Mi24V into the M standard

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Cannonleo(m): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Nigerian Army
if my memory serves me right, the lieutenant below is late, was a captain at KIA
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
krattoss:

Higher speed,better night fighting, precision weapons suite -iglala missiles, better canons, prevision weapon delivery, quieter engines, better hot and high performance.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
Cannonleo:
if my memory serves me right, the lieutenant below is late, was a captain at KIA
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
Cannonleo:
I doubt he made Captain and he was lost in an accident not by enemy action
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
Tochex101:
Huh, I think he is on nairaland here with us.... I'm 100% certain I've seen that profile on this forum.
grin softly oo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2019
Odunayaw:
grin softly oo

Ok Sir, make I modify.....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
Una too dey fear ooo. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

UPDATE ON OPERATION SHARAN DAJI ACTIVITIES

1. In line with the mandate of Operation SHARAN DAJI (OPSD), troops are conducting operations into bandits’ enclaves in Zamfara and Katsina State. The operation is being conducted simultaneously in collaboration with all security agencies and local vigilantes’ to achieve synergy. The current offensive is designed to identify and destroy bandits’ camps/enclaves in the area of operation. This press brief covers the period from 22 - 29 January 2019.

2. The operation has recorded some successes. On 22 January 2019, troops on clearance operation in Gando Forest came into contact with a large gang of bandits armed with sophisticated firearms and Rocket Propelled Grenades leading to fierce gun battles which lasted several hours. The bandits were forced to abandon their camps due to superior firepower during these encounters. Troops also made contact with bandits operating in Shinkafi, Birnin Magaji and some isolated villages in Maru LGA of Zamfara State. Furthermore, troops of OPSD operating in Katsina State made contact with bandits at different locations around Safana, Runka, Kukan Sama between 25 – 28 January 2019.

3. The following items were recovered from the bandits over the period stated above:
a. 1 Single Barrel gun.
b. 2 locally made pistols.
c. 20 Cartridges of Double barrel bullets.
d. 60 Rounds of 7.62mm special.
e. 1 AK 47 Magazine containing18 Rounds of 7.62mm special.
f. 2 Dane Guns.
g. 4 Motorcycles.
h. Large quantity of Indian hemp and illicit Drugs.

4. The casualty figures on the bandits’ side during this encounters is 21 bandits neutralized, while 17 were captured alive. Troops also destroyed some of their camps and rescued 89 kidnapped victims held in some of these camps. It is worthy to note that out of 89 freed kidnapped victims, 55 of them were held captives in Bukkuyum LGA in Zamfara State. The freed captives who were mostly from local communities in Zamfara State they were debriefed and reunited with their families. Similarly, 2 bandits’ informants Musa Amadu and Auwalu Mutairu were arrested at Danfumi village in Birnin Magaji and are currently assisting troops with intelligence. It is significant to inform the general public that 11 civilians and 1 vigilante were killed by bandits during the period in focus. It is also important to state that 6 persons were kidnapped at Asoula village in Tsafe LGA and not in Birnin Magaji as reported by some media houses.

5. The Force Commander, Operation SHARAN DAJI, commiserates with families of the vigilante that lost his life and assures that his sacrifice will not be in vain. He reaffirms the commitment of OPSD to rid Zamfara State of all forms of banditry and criminality in line with its mandate. Therefore, the general public is enjoined to cooperate with troops and furnish security agencies with useful and timely information about bandit’s activities within their domain.

6. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium. Thanks for your usual cooperation.

CLEMENT ABIADE
Major
Acting Force Information Officer
Operation SHARAN DAJI

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Cannonleo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2019
Odunayaw:
damn
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2019
Odunayaw:
Are you sure bro? Well i don't know the guy, i just say the pics here and decided to post it and i personally know the officer here that's using that Lt pics as dp
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Are you sure bro? Well i don't know the guy, i just say the pics here and decided to post it and i personally know the officer here that's using that Lt pics as dp
Late 2017

You can mention the officer here so he can clear my doubt about the guy in the picture
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
Academy mother of African warriors

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
Troops on clearance operation in Gando Forest came into contact with a large gang of bandits armed with sophisticated firearms and Rocket Propelled Grenades leading to fierce gun battles which lasted several hours. The bandits were forced to abandon their camps due to superior firepower during these encounters.
oh...it was d-day kinda shyte
The following items were recovered from the bandits over the period stated above:
a. 1 Single Barrel gun.
b. 2 locally made pistols.
c. 20 Cartridges of Double barrel bullets.
d. 60 Rounds of 7.62mm special.
e. 1 AK 47 Magazine containing18 Rounds of 7.62mm special.
f. 2 Dane Guns.
but we found this sophisticated weapons, never mind there is no RPG here
Casualty figures on the bandits’ side during this encounters is 21 bandits neutralized, while 17 were captured alive.

we can't explain how 37 bandits used only what we photographed

Only NPF is allowed to be this inconsistent dammit! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
Odunayaw:
Late 2017

You can mention the officer here so he can clear my doubt about the guy in the picture
I'll ask him on IG and post the screenshots
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria’s Proforce Ltd is preparing to launch the 2019 version of its PF Ara 2 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle as it expands into the naval and unmanned aerial vehicle markets.

Increasing success for Nigerian Proforce Ara 2 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected MRAP vehicle
Ara 2 MRAP on the production line (Picture source: Proforce)

The Ara 2 is a 4x4 Armoured Personnel Carrier, [b]with thirty presently being produced for the Nigerian Army. Foreign countries have requested for another twenty, according to Raymond Asare-Sintim, Business Development Executive at Proforce. [/b]With the capacity to carry up to 12 personnel plus equipment, the PF Ara 2 can be configured into multiple MRAP variants for a wide range of missions.

The PF Ara 2 is a monocoque vehicle built to STANAG level 4569 protection standards with double skin protection of Level 3A and 3B, and an underbelly of 4A and 4B. This protection level ensures an underbelly with a V-shaped hull design. The higher ground clearance of 442mm and the central tyre inflation system enhances the vehicle’s off-road capabilities and can take this vehicle to challenging rural terrains.

The Ara 2 has a length of 7.1 metres and height of 3.3 m, and gross weight of 15 tons. A 12.7 mm machinegun can be mounted on a 360 degree roof turret which can be open or fully enclosed. Optional equipment includes slat armour, gun ports and grenade launchers as well as reactive armour, according to Proforce.

Proforce builds armoured personnel carriers (APCs), MRAPs, patrol boats, hard armour plates, and ballistic helmet and vests. The company is diversifying into new areas of the defence industry. These include manufacturing of communication devices in collaboration with technical partners from Pakistan and manufacturing of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in collaboration with a company from South Korea.

In line with its localisation strategy, Proforce has embarked on a backward integration strategy to produce its own ballistic steel and ballistic glass for its vehicles. This will enable the company to achieve 70% local content on its vehicles.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/january_2019_global_defense_security_army_news_industry/increasing_success_for_nigerian_proforce_ara_2_mine_resistant_ambush_protected_mrap_vehicle.html

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.